Ballard Bay Club Reviews

Ballard Bay Club 1
  • Briana

Briana Cheek 路 Married on 08/31/2019

BBC + Jewel Hospitality saved our wedding

Our wedding venue was shut down by the city ~50 days before our big day, I was panicked and Ballard Bay Club came to the rescue to make our dreams come true! They were professional, timely, caring and flexible with us given the circumstances and timeline. The venue is gorgeous, the food was outstanding (guests still raving) and the bartenders were friendly. We can't thank or recommend this Venue and Jewel Hospitality enough!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Mary

Mary Christie 路 Married on 07/21/2019

Very good -excellent experience with all staff at this venue

My daughter got married at the Ballard Bay Club July 2019! We had a great experience and beautiful wedding! We worked with the Jewel staff for over a year and always received prompt, kind responses! I can鈥檛 say enough about our day of wedding manager Julie! She was just terrific and made our Rehearsal dinner and entire wedding day go so smoothly and organized-We got tons of compliments from our guests on the food and the entire venue-Of course the view is beautiful! We highly recommend this venue to all! Worth every penny! Thank you to the whole Jewel crew! 馃槝馃榿鉂わ笍

Ballard Bay Club 2
    Sent on 08/17/2019

Miranda 路 Married on 09/24/2016

I can't thank the staff at Jewel hospitality enough for putting together the most beautiful wedding ever! Everything went so perfectly and was everything I hoped it would be and more. I worked mainly with Nicole Jones and Kara Agustin, and I was blown away by how helpful they were! Both SO amazing to work with and I am so thankful for how easy they made this whole process. It was incredible and turned out just like a dream. Everything ran so smooth and flawlessley! If I visualized something they brought it to life. A perfect day at the perfect place! Not to mention the food through their catering company was delicious! I can't tell you how many people came up throughout the night complimenting it. We had 400 people attend our wedding, but not once did I feel like it was over crowded or stressful! The staff made transitions and opened up spaces for everyone to have fun and dance all night long! I could not be happier with my expirence and encourage anyone looking for a stress free wedding to plan your big day through Jewel Hospitality at the Ballard Bay Club!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Corinna 路 Married on 10/11/2015

I was married in October 2015 at the Ballard Bay Club, and it could not have been more perfect! We had a fairly tight budget, and I thought there was no way we'd be able to afford a water front property, so we were over the moon when we found the Ballard Bay Club. It's located right on Puget Sound.... we booked the north room, which has floor-to-ceiling windows with a absolutely gorgeous view of the sound. The room was the perfect size for our wedding (75 guests). We used the single room for both the ceremony and the reception. The room had a section by the windows where we had the ceremony, and was later turned into the dance floor, and a raised platform separated by a low wall where all the tables were set up for dinner. The staff was amazing to work with! We met with them a couple of times to go over what we wanted, and on the day of the wedding everything went so smoothly I didn't have to worry about anything! They handled set up and tear down of the tables, chairs, etc. and provided everything, including linens, dishes, glassware, etc. as well as the bartenders and servers! Since Jewel Hospitality provides the catering as well as the venue, there was no coordination required, and they went above and beyond - including sending out a server with appetizers during the pictures to make sure we got some. The only "mistake" was that the chef accidentally made an additional entree that we hadn't ordered, so they put it out on the buffet anyway for free. Also, the food was AMAZING. I have been to a lot of weddings where the food (especially buffet food) is mediocre or just plain terrible, but everything was excellent. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Tiffany 路 Married on 06/23/2013

We just had our wedding at the Shilshole Bay Beach Club on Sunday June 23, 2013 and it was absolutely AMAZING! Tasia was our coordinator and she was so awesome! She was so prompt in getting back to me and very very helpful. When we saw this place we fell in love with it the views are breath taking! We found out it was a little out of our price range and they worked with us the entire time to make our dream wedding come true! Tasia was very professional and helpful in everything she did. She was always going above and beyond what she needed to.The night of the wedding they were even more amazing doing things they didn't even need to do to help to night go so smoothly! The food was AMAZING and the rooms were decorated better than I could have imagined! I highly recommend Shilshole Bay Beach Club and Appulent Catering for your wedding it will be a night you truly will never forget! Thank you Tasia for everything you did for us!

Sent on 07/02/2013
  • Kimberly

Kimberly 路 Married on 06/30/2012

Shilshole bay beach club was the perfect venue for our wedding. It was so beautiful and the view is amazing! The food was delicious too! We got many compliments from family and friends.
    My overall experience with this venue was wonderful.

Sent on 07/03/2012
  • User2538801 路 2+ years ago

Great and beautiful venue!! We were so happy we decided on it.

Sent on 07/13/2012

Erica 路 Married on 08/07/2010

Jess was our event coordinator and she was the best!! She met with us several times before the wedding and handled all of the questions from other vendors (insanely helpful, especially in the weeks leading up to the big day). Our wedding was supposed to be out doors, but it ended up raining. But the wedding ceremony and reception were gorgeous anyways. The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was delicious!! Many people told me it was the best food they've had at a wedding.

Sent on 12/13/2011

Susan 路 Married on 08/09/2017

Beautiful venue to show off Puget Sound

We got married here in August 2018. We rented the entire space and did the wedding outside. It is an absolutely stunning venue. My husband and I met in Seattle and spent a lot of time in Wallingford, Fremont and Ballard area. We had a lot of out of town guests and wanted to show off what we love so much about this area and this venue delivers! It has convenient free parking and catering included which was delicious. Pricing is very reasonable and it is nice they provide venue, chairs/setup/tear down and food/bar service. They were very flexible with us on arriving early to do photos and set up some flowers.

Only a couple cons: the bridal room is at the front entrance so it鈥檚 tough to sneak in/out without running into arriving guests. There is an Elks club that is open to the public right above the venue. This didn鈥檛 bother us but something to consider.

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • User4705042 路 2+ years ago

At about 6 months out, we are feeling completely thrilled and stress free during wedding planning. Our communication and experience with Ballard Bay Club thus far has been more than comforting. I have complete confidence to put my wedding in their hands. They have been extremely thorough; for example, I've been busy not only wedding planning but travelling for work is heavy for me this time of year, and I forgot to RSVP to the food tasting. A representative from Jewel Hospitality personally called me (and probably many others) to check if we were attending it. I felt it was very professional to follow up and she was more than understanding that I hadn't RSVP'd in time.

Sent on 01/16/2015

Johanna 路 Married on 09/05/2009

Service at Shilshole is all-inclusive, and they don't let you add/remove services from the package. They provide their own, in-house catering (through Apulent), event planner, facilities, and "event rentals" like chairs, table cloths, place settings, etc. They even had a cake knife for us to use so that we wouldn't have to go spend dozens of dollars on our own.

Great flexibility -- they let us put together our own menu from bits and pieces of their own pre-set menus and add-ons. Since their larger event room wasn't booked, they also let us move our event from the smaller to the larger without having to up the price / food&bev minimum, so that was nice :) They didn't have an event the night before our AM event, so they set up our tables early and let us drop off centerpieces, etc. the day before so we wouldn't be so rushed the morning of. They were also willing to have staff on-hand so that we could go extra-early and take wedding party photos in the morning if we needed, but in the end we didn't need them to (since it was raining).

Cost was okay at ~$30pp, which after tax and service was around $50pp. The food was pretty good (nothing spectacular), see review of Apulent. We had originally wanted to cut some things from the package to reduce the price, but in the end, it was nice having them set the schedule and make sure everything ran smoothly... One less thing to think about on our big day...

Our event-planner, Jessie Hammer, was easy to work with. She was sometimes hard to reach by e-mail (I think phone was easier for her; e-mail would take a few days...), but when we did meet with her, she was very informative, answered our questions clearly, tried to get us what we wanted (including making multiple calls to different outside vendors to get us the Chicago microbrew we wanted to serve), and offered useful opinions on what past clients have done or what they thought of different dishes on the Apulent menu.

If you're doing a last-minute wedding, they tend to have lots of dates available (and great discounts for last-minute booking) and can put together events really quickly if you need them to. You'll just have to work around their availability...

Sent on 09/10/2009

Laurel 路 Married on 04/04/2009

It's pricey, but I can't think of a more beautiful location to have had my wedding. My husband wanted to have it in Maui, but many of our family members wouldn't have been able to join us. This was definately the next best thing. They worked closely with all of my vendors. Their staff were courteous and made sure everything ran smoothly the whole night. We took most of our photos there because it it such a beautiful site. The food was great. The chef was willing to meet my special request for rainbow chard. They cooked the filet mignon and salmon to perfection. The plated meals and wine service kept the drinks pouring and the guests happy. I've never been to a wedding where so many people stayed so long. They were all just having too good of a time to leave! I had planned on leaving a few hours into it, but ended up staying til the last minute! Fun Fun Fun. Jessie Hammer was my coordinator and she did a fabulous job.

Sent on 05/14/2009

Dave 路 Married on 07/21/2018

We had a really great experience overall at the Ballard Bay Club. The venue was set up wonderfully, the food was EXCELLENT (beef medallions and the carrot miso salmon were the biggest hits, but it was all honestly way beyond expectation). The service we received was professional and generally thoughtful. There were a few challenges early on because the person handling our contract/wedding changed twice--not their fault, but it still made for a couple lapses in communication. But overall we would definitely do it all again. Word of advice--make sure your guests know that the street signage is for the Ballard Elks, not Ballard Bay Club--a couple people got lost or confused.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Emily 路 Married on 08/02/2008

Thanks to Shilshole Bay Beach Club, our wedding was a wonderful success! We had a wonderful party and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were able to take pre-wedding photos on the beach directly outside, had a sunset ceremony, and a gorgeous dinner with the amazing view of Puget Sound. It's a beautiful site and we had delicious food too. My ultimate favorite among many, were the macaroni cheese balls! Our guests are still complimenting us on the fun party, amazing location, and great food!

Sent on 01/11/2009

Becca 路 Married on 12/13/2008

3.8
      3.5

This review is for Shilshole Bay Beach Club in Ballard. I had the wedding at my church and the reception at Shilshole. You have to use them for the catering, but the food was very good. They offer several hours of wedding planning service, but I only needed to consult with them a few times over the phone/email and once in person after we booked the site. The only slightly negative thing was that they set up the tables differently than described, so our seating was slightly messed up, but it wasn't a big deal. They are not cheap, but my parents wanted a nice venue to show off Seattle to their relatives and this fit the bill. We found out 2 days before the wedding that the favors would not be coming in, and went with a candy buffet instead. Shilshole was nice enough to provide containers for us to put the candy in and everything looked really nice. They have a cool little stage where my husband and his band played a few songs.

I would recommend it for people who don't want a nice venue where they don't have to stress about every little detail.

Sent on 01/06/2009
  • User5359851 路 2+ years ago

3.4
      2.5

We just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Ballard Bay Club earlier this August. The scenery from the venue is absolutely amazing and hard to beat. Plus, if you are lucky and the weather is great, it is simply gorgeous to do the ceremony on their little garden facing the water. The venue itself, however, is a bit run-down and not overly impressive. A bit of the ceiling is exposed and the entrance is not something that look very glamorous either (that's probably to do with them sharing the same building as the Elk's Club).

As for their staff, I have to say I am not very happy with the responsiveness I got. I arranged the wedding from overseas and so the easiest way to communicate is via emails. I had to wait days and weeks in the months prior to the wedding to get a response and in the end I just resorted to calling every time which was not the easiest for me and I do think sometimes it's better to put things in writing when you are organizing a big event with a lot of details! I've given them 4 stars for flexibility as they had agreed to buy a ladder for us five days before the event so we can put decorations up but initially we were told that we had to bring our own ladder the day of the ceremony to hang up decorations... Imagine that!

Also, towards the very end of our wedding reception, one of my husband's cousins started to do backflips on the dance floor which was very empty by that point. One of the staff promptly walked up to him and basically yelled at him for doing that and that she 'didn't want to have to send another guest to the ER' before angrily stomping off. Whilst I can understand the danger of doing backflips and her fear from the venue's liability point of view, we really did not appreciate her attitude and the way she treated our guests. In no circumstances do I think guests at a wedding should be told off like that. We were quite embarrassed that our family was treated like that at our wedding.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Kate 路 Married on 08/12/2006

2.4
      1.0
      2.0

This review is for the Lake Washington Rowing Club and the associated caterer, Apulent. (Shilshole is a different venue that Apulent is associated with.) Apulent was the "preferred"/required caterer for the Lake Washington Rowing Club. I had numerous problems with these people who not only took care of the catering, but also the reception venue. The contact person changed hands 3 times. I was not able to get return emails or phone calls to get my questions answered. In fact, I had to ask the same questions over and over. This was so frustrating; in fact, I wasn't sure if I had a caterer up until 2 weeks before the wedding. The contract was frustrating b/c I was paying for a minimum of dinner plates. I had to make a stink about that in order to get that down. The price was expensive. The food was ok to good. We had some guests who were no shows, but were not allowed to take ANY food with us at the end of the night (we were very hungry at the end of the night, as newlyweds often are). Afterwards, there was some issue with the tipping and the alcohol bill. I was very unhappy with the service and professionalism with the venue/caterer. However, in the end, everything turned out ok. I would recommend the venue because of the location and look of the hall (great), but I would be prepared to be very specific and ask a lot of questions. Maybe things have changed since I got married, but know that they did not do well by me. Get it all in writing!!!

Sent on 11/11/2008
  • MayBride

Marivic 路 Married on 05/08/2010

1.0
      2.0

The Shilshole Bay Beach Club is a beautiful venue (I've also reviewed the catering company attached to this venue, Apulent Catering & Events). It really does give you a sense of being in a beach club. It's right next to a small sandy beach, has a huge patio where you can accomodate more party guests or even a wedding ceremony. There's also a grassy area with picnic tables where you can sit and watch the sun go down. The interior is also beautiful. There are two main rooms, the North Room and South Room. From the North, you can also see the beautiful sunset as you have dinner by the huge windows facing the water. The hardwood floors in both rooms make it great for dancing! And the bar in the North room looks just as professional as any other in a restaurant. There's ample free parking and a drive up lane to drop off those who may have limited mobility closer to the front doors.

Unfortunately, the reason for the low rating is due to the catering company attached to the venue.

Sent on 06/24/2010