Ball 'n Biscuit Catering Reviews

4 | Milwaukee, WI

4 Reviews for Ball 'n Biscuit Catering

Kristina · Married on 07/07/2018

We had Ball n Biscuit for our wedding this summer. We had about 80 people in a venue with a small kitchen. Maria always responded to us in a short amount of time with any questions. Our wedding lunch included BBQ Seitan (a delicious veggie "meat" alternative), Mexican style chicken, rosemary potatoes, and all of the fixings for build-your-own tacos and BBQ sandwiches. Everything was delicious! Most of our guests were from Wisconsin and were not put off by a veggie meat alternative like seitan. I think most of them actually thought it was meat (we did have allergens listed). The staff cleaned all of the plates and cutlery, which we had provided ourselves. The bartender was gracious and worked our open bar well. The staff was even willing to help with (pre-specified) clean up things like loading cars at the end of the evening. Five stars for sure!

Becky · Married on 07/21/2012

I can't say enough wonderful things about Ball & Biscuit! We first met with Dan and Maria last year about catering our wedding - we love Mexican food and were having a difficult time finding someone who wasn't the cookie-cutter caterer and was into Mexican. The bottom line:

-the food was incredible. Seriously on par with the best Mexican restaurants I've been to (um, a ton). Not only did we get a great selection of fresh veggies, tortillas, two salsas, guacamole, etc., but the meat was top-notch. Tender, juicy steak. Yum, drool, etc. And oh yes, a very vegan-friendly meal! (Though as you could probably tell, I am not a vegan myself)

-Dan and Maria are truly great vendors. We were in touch for well over a year and they were always responsive and considerate of our budget. We found the cost to be very reasonable - especially given the quality of the food and service! - and their recommendations also reasonable and worth taking. And when we had to fit in a last-minute pie pick up, they picked up the errand without issue.

Awesome food and professional etiquette. We've already had requests from some of our guests to inquire about the catering since it was so above and beyond. You won't regret hiring Ball & Biscuit!

Jacinda · Married on 04/25/2015

Ball N Biscuit was absolutely fantastic. We really didn't want the cookie cutter "saucey chicken" that you have at every wedding. In addition we had a lot of dietary restrictions (my husband is vegetarian, we have several friends and family that are diabetic/celiac/vegan etc). BNB came up with an awesome menu to accomidate everyone that was awesomely delicious to boot. Then 2 days before my wedding a crazy family member called and made several changes/additions to my menu which Maria totally took in stride. She handled everything so professionally and everyone was happy with the end result. I got so many wonderful compliments on my food especially the meatballs! On top of it all it was awesomely affordable.

Sara · Married on 05/31/2014

The food is AMAZING and the price is unbeatable. Maria & Daniel basically operate out of their own kitchen/a co-op in Riverwest, so they have no overhead and are able to provide great service at a great price.

They excel not only in vegan/vegetarian and gluten-free menu options, but Daniel is a master of meat. The pork tenderloin we had at our tasting and again at our wedding was the best I've had in my life, and many of our guests said the same. You have to pay for your tasting, but the money you put down is considered paid toward your overall cost should you choose to go with them. If you try them, you will understand that this is a worthy investment as the food is too good to say no to.

I was a little concerned leading up to the wedding because I was afraid they seemed a little disorganized or out of sorts (hence the 4 stars for responsiveness), but I could tell that once "wedding season" begins, they are completely in their element. Everything went off without a hitch, and they are so committed to providing excellent service.

Literally about a week before the wedding I told Maria "I want a late-night taco bar." She says "We can make that happen," and it did, and it was amazing. We were able to feed close to 150 people for about $6,000 — that included passed appetizers, family-style service, cake-cutting, a "coffee bar" with dessert and a late-night taco bar.

The team of servers is hand-picked from local service staff throughout Milwaukee since they don't actually employ all of them year-round, so you're getting the best of the best in the local service industry.

Ball 'n Biscuit is a great local company, and I can't wait to recommend them to anyone I can and hopefully to book them for any other smaller events I may need catering service for in the future.