8 Reviews for Baldwin Events

Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

The Baldwin School was a beautiful venue for my daughter's wedding. We had 185 guests. Hardwood floors, leaded glass floor to ceiling windows, grand staircase, fireplaces, large porches with overhangs perfect for cocktail hour rain or shine. Donna and her team worked very hard to ensure that every detail was perfect. Each and every request was honored. The staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating throughout the year as we asked to see the rooms during our planning stages.

Profile Picture Beth, 6/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Baldwin is, truly, a remarkable place. As soon as my (now) husband and I walked into the space with our families, we we were overwhelmed by awe and beauty. The architecture, outdoor grounds, staff, and location are absolutely perfect. Guests stayed in Philly and we easily shuttled them to the ceremony and reception site.

It was the most magical and romantic wedding I could have ever asked for. Thank you Baldwin staff and Conner Catering. You helped make our day so beautiful and perfect.

Profile Picture rebecca, 6/22/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely beautiful location, and the staff was great!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/8/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we first walked into the Baldwin School, we felt like we were transported back in time. The gorgeous architecture, complete with a grand staircase and stone fireplace, makes you feel as though you are a member of Philadelphia high society in the early 1900s. The entire space is elegant and sophisticated, which is sure to leave a lasting impression on all our guests. We will be getting married at Baldwin in November 2013. The ceremony will be held on the grand staircase and the reception will be in the large hall - a beautiful room with hardwood floors, leaded windows and a door leading out to a covered wrap-around porch where guests can get some air and mingle, even if there is inclement weather.

Aside from the space and all it's great history, the events coordinator Donna has been a pleasure to work with. From our first meeting with her she was very kind and accommodating, especially in helping us stay within our budget. She has bent over backwards to make sure we have all the information we need and has already significantly reduced our stress level throughout the planning process. We have no doubt that the day of our wedding will run smoothly thanks to her professionalism and experience. We would recommend Baldwin to anyone looking for a unique, historic venue.

Profile Picture F, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are having our December 2013 wedding reception at The Baldwin School because it is absolutiely beautiful. Ever since i stepped foot into The Baldwin for a friend's wedding that I attended back in 1995, I knew The Baldwin School was where i wanted to have a winter wedding reception at. And, soon my dream will be coming true. The most important thing to release about this venue is that it is a historical property (what i've always wanted) and I can't wait for my guests to be in awe and hope it makes a lasting impression on them as it did for me!

Profile Picture kaen, 5/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was having the worst time finding a venue that wasn't an over priced barn or hotel conference room. I happened upon Baldwin by accident and the second I stepped foot on their property I was floored. The entire space is so stunning and all the period details are perfect. Rebuilt in 1890, it has all of its original charm and grandeur. I didn't have to spend a dime to decorate the space (apart from centerpieces) and they were incredibly reasonably priced in comparison to SO MANY other venues we looked at. They also have a range of preferred caterers to choose from to fit your budget. All of my vendors who were not familiar with Baldwin were totally impressed by its beauty. And as a bonus, there are so many gorgeous spots within the building and on the grounds that we were able to take all of our pictures on location so that we could enjoy our own cocktail hour! Communication with the event coordinator was an issue at times but overall she was very pleasant to work with, funny, and very helpful. At the end of the day our wedding went off without a hitch and we couldn't have been more pleased with how it turned out. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful Baldwin is. By far one of my favorite decisions throughout the entire planning process.

Profile Picture Sarah , 9/3/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We loved the venue, it is such a beautiful place and really cool to have a wedding at. The management was great to deal with and allowed us to use almost anything you want in the school. If you choose the Baldwin School, you will have to be ok with some school items being visable but with all of the wood and stone around it is definitely worth it.

We were very happy to have our wedding at the Baldwin School and our guests loved it.

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/9/13, 8 Reviews