Baker's Kitchen Reviews

63 Reviews for Baker's Kitchen

1 User photo

Baker's Kitchen 1

Cleo · Married on 08/11/2012

We chose a single flavor for our wedding cake and they were the only bakery to not try and push us to have multiple flavors or convince us we wanted fondant instead of butter cream. They also did not try to charge us for every single tiny thing involved like the foam boards or the cake stand or the design per tier or per number of gum paste flowers used. I couldn't believe the list of charges of some bakers. We got a delicious, moist, not overly sweet cake in our flavor with butter cream that looked as smooth as fondant but was completely palatable for half the price of many other bakers and bakeries we interviewed.

Sent on 08/18/2012

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2011

The cake we had made for our wedding was DELISH! I was deployed to Afghanistan while we were planning our wedding. I made all decisions without ever stepping foot into their shop and they were able to create a culinary masterpiece for my husband and I!

Sent on 09/21/2011

Annie · Married on 05/31/2008

We were very satisfied with Baker's Kitchen. I changed my mind on the design halfway through planning, and they were wonderful about accommodating the change and letting me know what I needed to get to them, etc. In addition to the wedding cake, we also bought a smaller cake for our rehearsal dinner, and both looked and tasted great. We received many complements from guests on the great taste of both cakes. The carrot cake for the rehearsal reminded everyone of "gourmet oatmeal cream pies," and the wedding cake was apparently one of the best many people had tasted. I'm not sure we actually got all the flavors we requested (for each layer), but it didn't matter because it was so good anyway. I would definitely recommend Baker's Kitchen.

Sent on 07/06/2008

Dallas · Married on 08/27/2016

3.5

The bakery was great in terms of timeliness, pricing, friendliness, and responsiveness. If you are a cake aficionado and really love desserts, I don't think this would be the right vendor for you - But if you like a standard cake that tastes pretty delicious and is reasonably-priced, you should definitely look up these folks :)

Sent on 09/16/2016

Kara · Married on 04/06/2013

3.5

When my mother and I went in for a consultaion the lady was super nice and had a ton of different cake samples for us to taste (all very good)! The lady(sorry I forgot her name)designed my cake from scrath just by giving her my thoughts on what I liked. She did a great job and was very patient with me since I had no clue what I wanted! The cake was delicious and absolutely beautiful! There was a little issue in the beginning about putting fresh flowers on my cake but it all got resolved and turned out fine. Thank you for an amazing wedding cake!

Sent on 01/04/2014

Michele · Married on 06/06/2014

My cake was beautiful! I was so excited how it came out. It taste really good and I can't wait to eat the rest a year from now :-)

Sent on 06/27/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/14/2013

The cake came out amazing, however there was major miscommunication as to when the cake should have been delivered and the cake arrived much later then scheduled. The cake driver then told my wedding consultant that I told them to come at that time, even though I have the email of the conversation saying to come 2 hours earlier.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Cal · Married on 08/29/2009

Our coordinator recommended them. The tasting was smooth and easy. They were patient with us trying so many variations with their filling. They drew a cake that fit us to a tee. I have been back to purchase their lemon cakes since my wedding also.

Sent on 06/05/2010

Hyo · Married on 09/08/2012

3.8
      2.0

Baker's Kitchen makes really good cake. However, I was disappointed that our wedding cake was decorated in wrong colors! However, they were nice enough to compensate for 1/3 of the cost. The cake was tasty, and noone noticed that the colors were wrong, but I was still disappointed, because the cake just did not look as good as it would've been had they not made that mistake.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Samantha · Married on 10/31/2015

3.4
      3.5

My husband and I were very excited when we booked Baker's Kitchen for our wedding but a few things happened with them that made our experience with them not so great. When we initially met with them we had expressed interest in having one of the layers of our cake be pumpkin and asked if they could do that, if not, it wasn't a problem. The lady we were working with said let me talk to the baker and see what she said. She came back and told us the baker was willing to try it out but we would need to taste it before our wedding date to ensure we were okay with it. If not, we would just choose another flavor for that layer. Jump months in advance and they call and tell me they cannot do pumpkin and no one talked to the baker but at the end of our phone call after I reiterated what was on our receipt about the pumpkin cake she changed her tone and went back to the original agreement. Jump to our wedding night and I finally get around to eating what should be pumpkin spice cake and find that Baker's Kitchen didn't even give us the right cake flavor. These experiences that we had with them are what drives us to give them a 3.5 out of five stars. Don't get me wrong, the cake is delicious and our cake was beautiful but we didn't get what we paid for and had unnecessary stress caused by them.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/21/2017

2.8
      3.0

Great experience until the day of my wedding. I was disappointed when the cake was delivered. The cake was leaning to one side and it was pretty obvious. Unfortunately, I didn't see the cake until the reception so nothing could be done to try to fix it. The artwork was a little sloppy compared to the displays in the showroom. I probably wouldn't go back for future cakes or recommend to other people.

Sent on 06/06/2017

2.0

We really wanted a naked cake but they wouldn't even entertain the idea at all! So if you want a naked cake this is not the place.

We were a little upset with the price because all they did was make the cake and put stucco style icing on it.... and they wouldn't work at all with the pricing. We were on short notice so we had no choice but to go with them.

For there lack of price adjustment and the mediocre taste of the cake we would recommend another place.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Tracy · Married on 09/06/2008

1.4
      1.0
      1.5

My wedding cake was successfully delivered to the reception site, and while it was sitting there it completely caved in. It did not have the correct dows in it, and when I called bakers kitchen, they offered no help- they just said that they did it right and it was something i had done. The cake was beautiful before it caved, and it tasted great, but it was a huge dissappointment how they offered no help.

Sent on 11/16/2008