111 Reviews for Baked Expressions

Cake Stands (6)
Groom's Cake (1)
Cake Toppers (1)
111 Baked Expressions Reviews

Working with Renea was a dream. From the cake tasting to email exchanges, she was definitely on top of it. She provided us with some designs to choose from, and added a little extra "pizzazz" to our beautiful cake day of! I'm so happy with how it turned out, and it was so delicious and moist. We opted for buttercream. I'm personally not a fan of fondant. We had multiple cake flavors and they were all delicious. The crowd pleasers were the apple and white cake with a raspberry filling. It was all so good! On top of all that the cake was beautiful and fit our 1920s Harlem Nights/ Great Gatsby theme! Thank you again Baked Expressions for making the wedding cake of our dreams.

Profile Picture Stella, 12/31/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

From the very beginning we loved Baked Expressions and Renea! My husband and I are not big cake eaters but she has so many different flavors to chose from it's hard not to find something everyone can enjoy! The presentation turned out way better than I ever could have imagined, simply beautiful! Also, we really appreciated the follow up calls. She called to check in just to wish us a happy marriage and thank us for the business. I would definitely recommend using Baked Expressions.

Profile Picture Kierra, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

So let me start off by saying that I was NOT your typical bride when I was planning my wedding. What I mean when I say that is that I wasn't your typical bride that new exactly what type of wedding I wanted until I started planning it. So I depended on a lot of my vendors to assist with bringing my vision to life. Renae with Baked Expressions was one of my favorite ones to deal with. She gave me a lot of advice on what type of cake worked best for my wedding and she was very affordable being able to work around our budget. The bet part, though, was that I didn't book her until a month or two before the wedding. I know that's late, but not living in KC, I didn't have a lot of time to go back and forth to KC to talk to vendors so I had to rely a lot on my family to do most of my planning and Renae made herself available for everything! I was so thankful that she was available for the time that I needed her for and she worked with my parents to make sure everything was what I wanted.

All in all my experience with her was great and she gave great customer service making sure that all of my needs were met.

Profile Picture Desiree, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I am very satisfied with Baked Expressions after choosing them for my wedding in July 2017. The cake was delicious! The customer was also great, which is equally important. I would definitely recommend Baked Expressions as a cake vendor.

Profile Picture Briauna, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Where do we start!!! From the moment we met Ms. Renea she has been absolutely amazing!! She listened to me, the bride, and was super supportive. She made my dream cake a reality. Not only was it beautiful but very delicious, and very moist. She has been so professional and had even checked in on me prior to the wedding to make sure I was doing okay with everything else. Her passion and commitment to making the most perfect cake is what makes her so amazing. If you need an exceptional cake, I highly recommend Baked Expressions!!! My cake was a show stopper and even my guest took pictures by the cake !!! Very pleased!!

Profile Picture Makeda, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Absolutely fabulous! Renea was wonderful and professional! The cake was STUNNING and everything was so tasty!

Profile Picture Bizi, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Ms Renea was the most professional and sweet lady to work with. Not only was my cake so delicious, but it exceeded my expectations in beauty! The best! Made my wedding day less stressful knowing she was taking care of my cake! Love her!

Profile Picture Taylor, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Renea, thank you for a BEAUTIFUL cake that fit so wonderfully with our overall wedding design! It was delicious as well - all of our guests loved it!

Profile Picture Allison, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Highly recommend Baked Expressions. Renea will help you decide the perfect cake for your event and it will be arrived on time and displayed properly. I cannot thank Renea for her professionalism and her honest approach. All the success to you and your team.

Profile Picture Navi, 3/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Renea was a pleasure to work with. As the bride, I had to plan my entire wedding almost entirely by myself, and I planned it in less than two months. Out of all the vendors I worked with, Renea was the easiest. She was straight to the point and incredibly helpful whenever I had questions. She made sure that my cake looked exactly like I wanted it to and even adjusted the size after we had already finalized the design. My cake was a four-tier cake with apple and caramel icing, strawberry and strawberry icing, and one layer of white and (I can't remember) icing. The cake tasted fabulous and was delivered on time, well before guests arrived. Overall, I would definitely recommend Baked Expressions to anyone looking to have a wedding with a delicious cake.

Profile Picture Marisa, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Renea is wonderful! Such a stress free and fun experience! Renea made such a beautiful cake with all the details we wanted. And most importantly the flavors were delicious! We had so many compliments on the appearance and taste of the cake!

Profile Picture Carrie, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Renea was a pleasure to work with! Very professional. Her passion for baking beams through her work. She does a fantastic job and is SUPER attentive to detail. I had a Persian calligraphy topper and she contacted me to make sure it was put on correctly. That phone call made my day! Renea ensured that EVERYTHING was right and looked flawless and it was nothing short of it! Coming from a South Asian family, the fresh cake flavors Renea had to offer was SCRUMPTIOUS. We had amazing feedback from our guests, with many asking for her details. If you're looking for someone who is attentive to detail and bakes amazing cake from scratch, Renea is your gal! Amazing talent! Thank you SO SO much Renea! We look forward to working with you in the future! Cheers!

Profile Picture Roya, 8/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cakes

Renea delivered the most delicious and beautiful wedding cake for our wedding this summer! From the first time my mom and I met her we could instantly tell she has a unique talent! We truly enjoyed working with her for our wedding and my uncle's 96th birthday cake. She has become our go to baker.

Profile Picture Capetra, 7/30/16, 1 Review
0.5

It saddens me to write this but I had an absolute awful experience with baked expressions. For our wedding we went to 5 different bakers for tastings and this one stood above them all and with their 5 star rating and good reports from wedding sites I was sure I would be happy with the cake but it was the exact opposite. I literally sketched out exactly what cake I wanted, colors and all and she got it completely wrong. She even left one of the three wedding colors off the icing completely! We sat there explaining exactly what we wanted and the day of my wedding when I walked into that room and saw it my heart dropped. The only thing I changed between our consultation and the actual wedding day was the flowers which really had nothing to do with her since the florist provided those. The cake not only was the ugliest cake I'd ever seen from a professional but didn't taste anywhere near what we were expecting based on the tasting at the consultation. We ordered a 4 tier cake and a grooms cake (which turned out good) and spent over $900 and when I went to her and addressed my disappointment (crying because I was so heartbroken) she barely even said sorry and didn't offer anything to compensate or try and make up for it. I'm not sure how much more I could have explained what I wanted since I provided a picture but I would never use baked expressions again. This is something I'll never forget and everytime I look in my wedding album I'm upset over that horrible cake. Negative one star.

Profile Picture Tori, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Anything that I could say about Baked Expressions would be an understatement. Her desserts and cakes are delicious! And her service, professionalism and attention to detail are impeccable! In addition to making us a gorgeous wedding cake and mini desserts, Renea also made our cake for the rehearsal dinner. It was a Mardi Gras-themed party and Renea did an excellent job creating this fun, colorful, Mardi Gras cake. By far, working with Renea was the best part of my wedding planning and I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Sylvia, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Renea was great to work with and the cake turned out perfect! Renea is organized and always responded in a timely fashion from the start. My dad and I drew up my dream cake and sent it to Renea in hopes she could make something similar. My cake was more beautiful than I even imagined! My dad and I were blown away by how she made our cake come to life! The cake was also delicious! We had several guests telling us how they grabbed multiple pieces to try to various flavors we had!

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

Renea's cakes are absolutely stunning and so delicious! She is so flexible and easy to work with and will make all your cake dreams come true! :) She has so many amazing flavors to choose from and can even do custom ones as well! I would definitely recommend her to anyone and everyone that I know! Pick "Baked Expressions" for your special day and you will definitely not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Teresa, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

Ranea was such a sweet lady to work with. I absolutely loved her cake tasting presentation and was very pleased with how her cake tasted. She is very creative and will make your vision come to past. I recommend her for your special day!

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Renea was literally the kindest vendor we had the pleasure of working with. She truly made our dreams come true with the wedding cake she made for us! It was absolutely beautiful and brought me to tears when we first saw it!
We chose traditional white cake with champagne buttercream and it tasted even better than it looked!!
Thank you so much Renea for being so kind and pleasant and making our dream cake!

Profile Picture Kellyn, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Renea is really great to work with. She is passionate about wedding cakes and is so excited to create the perfect cake for your day. She is so kind, creative and helpful Her cakes are absolutely gorgeous and they taste incredible. She made the perfect cake to stand as the centerpiece to our reception.

Profile Picture Paige, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

From our first meeting at Renea's shop we knew we had found our cake place! Every bite and combination of icings and flavors of cake were so delicious it was hard for us to narrow it down to just a few flavors. Bake Expressions was so easy to work with and we always felt that we would not have to worry about a thing because of how great Renea was to communicate with and when we needed to change some numbers and add a few birthday cupcakes to our final order, she was more than happy to help and change things around. Not only was our cake so yummy-- we have been snacking on the leftovers- but it was unbelievably gorgeous and exactly what I pictured. We received so many amazing compliments that night and days after! Everyone wants to know where that amazing cake came from!? If you are looking for the perfect cake this is THE place! Renea, Dennis and I want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts and everything was so beautiful and delicious. We can not wait to share a piece on our first anniversary! THANK YOU

Profile Picture BRIELLE, 8/15/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Allen & Brittney Spiegel Wedding 8.15.2015. Before I even saw my cake I had guest coming upstairs and telling me how beautiful it looked. Some people were speechless! When I went into the reception that cake was stunning, breathtaking and amazing! The grooms cake that I surprised Allen with was amazing! #GoBuckeyes Renea was very professional and timely in service. We will always use Baked Expressions for our special, holiday and casual events! We love you!!

Profile Picture Brittney, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Renea is amazing! Her cakes are moist and she has so many delicious flavors to choose from. She did a wonderful job and the cake looked and tasted great. She is easy to work with, responsive and truly one of the best at what she does. I highly recommend Renea and Baked Expressions.

Profile Picture User5389202, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

From the moment my husband and I walked into Baked Expressions we knew what kind of cake to expect on our big day! Their shop is clean and has example cakes filling the walls. I was in awe because they were so beautiful and perfectly executed! Their wide array of cake flavors carefully paired with icing/fillings made it hard to only choose four! Renea would constantly remind us that it was what WE wanted and not to worry about what guests would want. We ended up going with a four tiered buttercream cake. The flavors we got were apple cake with caramel buttercream icing, lemon cake with lemon buttercream icing, white cake with vanilla buttercream, and white cake with raspberry filling. The cake we tasted during our tasting tasted even better on the day of our wedding! Renea always kept in touch which was so refreshing! She made sure we had a cake stand that fit our wedding style and assured us that even in 100 degree temperature our cake would arrive on time and look flawless! She was right! Our cake was absolutely beautiful and exactly what we wanted in a wedding cake. I never had to worry once! I recommend Baked Expressions to ANYONE and EVERYONE looking for a bakery to do your wedding cake! I can't wait for our one year so I can get a celebration cake! Thank you so much Renea! Your work is truly in a class of it's own!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Renea & her husband are truly the BEST! I love to bake, so I am very picky when it comes to baked goods. I searched high and low all around Kansas City for the best cake designs & flavors I could find. Baked Expressions kept catching my eye with their amazing & intricate designs. I just had to see if they tasted as good as they looked, so my fiance & I set up a tasting. Let's just say there weren't any samples left! They have a fabulous variety of flavors & fillings and Renea can design just about anything you can imagine on a cake. She was easy to work with & quick to respond to all my emails & questions. She made sure to get every little detail I asked for. Our cake was a mirror of my wedding dress & was STUNNING!! I'm not a fan of fondant so I was so pleased when Renea said she could accommodate my design with buttercream! We chose 4 different flavors and each was just as yummy as the next. We chose White with Pink Champagne frosting, Apple with Caramel frosting, Lemon with Raspberry, and the top tier is Apple with Apple frosting. The presentation the BIG DAY was to die for! We could not have asked for a more beautiful cake! I can't wait for our anniversary so we can tear into that top tier! My wedding guests are still raving about the design & how gorgeous the cake was & asking if we have any left-overs! We did save a few slices for the Mother of the Groom who would have been devastated if she didn't get to have just one more piece. I'm so happy to have met Renea & her husband and recommend her to any bride & groom looking to get the most bang for their buck on the wedding cake! Thanks Baked Expressions! You are simply THE BEST! Wish I could attach a picture of my awesome cake to this review!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/27/15, 1 Review