Baked Expressions Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Victoria Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing and delicious!

First and foremost, these cakes are DELICIOUS! Go for a tasting and you'll be blown away. I did a small cake and cupcakes. Renea made my cake perfect. It was better than I ever imagined a cake could be. She is professional, easy to work with, and so so so talented. If you're not sure of which Baker to go with, go with Baked Expressions. You won't be disappointed.
    Rebecca H. Married on 06/22/2019

Great wedding cake, best icing!!

Renea with Baked Expressions knows what she’s doing with wedding cakes! Great cakes to choose from, amazing buttercream icing in really nice flavors. Renea has great attention to detail and really wants to make a wedding cake that you will love!

Rebecca,
    Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your business and enjoyed making you a beautiful wedding cake. Best wishes and many blessing to you and Michael!
    Diane R. Married on 06/08/2019

Bride and Groom loved Renea’s cake. It was gorgeous and yummy!

We are 2 seniors who have been through this wedding process many years ago. Baked Expressions treated us beautifully and helped us come up with a lovely cake for 100 people for under $500.00. I would highly recommend this company. Thank you, Renea!
  • Rossy
    Rossy S. Married on 04/27/2019

Just an amazing person to work with overall

First discovered Renea for our wedding cake in 2013 were so amazed were her work we went with her again for our daughter's Quincenera Cake in 2019 and again were just blown away! FANTASTIC. Our families must have established her cakes as delicious as they look for the cake long was the longest with no complaints from guest waiting to her their slice!

Baked Expressions's reply:

Hi Rossy! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It was a pleasure being a part of another special occasion for you and your family. I appreciate your business and MORE CAKE for the next event, won't be a problem ;-)
    Libby G. Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful Job! #1 for Buttercream Wedding Cakes

Renea did an absolutely beautiful job. She is a buttercream expert and everything looked as smooth as fondant (but so much tastier). I spent hours trying to find the best buttercream bakery in KC and Renea was #1. I'm so glad we got our cake from Baked Expressions. We had a five-tier cake with sugar lace and Swiss dots, and two different flavors. I was excited about the strawberry cake with strawberry cheesecake icing and strawberry pastry jam from the day we booked (vanilla/vanilla was our other, also delicious). Renea was so easy to work with - thank you!

Baked Expressions's reply:

Thank you Libby. We appreciate your business and taking the time to write us a review. I recently saw some of your wedding pictures and they look like you had an amazing day. Thank you for sharing them and Best Wishes to you and Michael!
    K Sontag Married on 10/20/2018

Fabulous baker for wedding cake and extras!

Renea is hands down the best baker I have ever met! My daughter had specific wants for a wedding cake and additional desserts. Since we were having a fall wedding, she wanted mini pies of the season; pecan, apple and pumpkin. We had a hard time finding a baker that was able and willing to take on the task of making the mini pies as well as the wedding cake. Renea did a fabulous job on not only creating a gorgeous wedding cake but she provided yummy pies as well. She also provided display trays to make our dessert table beautiful. We have friends from the south that know pecan pies and they raved about them. One guest seemed shocked that the crusts were made from scratch and not from a pre-made package! The wedding cake was decorated with butter cream frosting and gold sugar lace. This is something I had never seen or tasted before. Delicious! I highly recommend Baked Expressions for all your baking needs!
    David Married on 09/29/2018
    I ordered a cake and asked Renea to replicate a cake that I had found using a google search and she did an amazing job! It looked very much like the provided example - absolutely stunning. This cake was for a guest of honor who was celebrating a very special birthday and she absolutely loved it. Renea is great to work with, she is very skilled and talented. Do not pass up the opportunity to work with her!
    Mary Married on 06/30/2018
    Baked Expressions did a FANTASTIC job with the cakes for our event. We weren't looking for a traditional cake, and Renea was great to work with as we explained what we were hoping for. She was able to capture, perfectly, the unusual look we wanted -- and the cakes were simply delicious, too! They were the hit of our event -- after the bride and groom!
    Ann Married on 06/16/2018
    We met with a couple of other bakeries before we decided to work with Renea. From the beginning, she was by far the best. I liked how she setup the tasting and guided us through our options. Once we decided to use Baked Expressions, Renea was easy to communicate with and there were no issues on the day of the wedding. We received numerous compliments on the cake!
    Kierra Married on 10/07/2017
    From the very beginning we loved Baked Expressions and Renea! My husband and I are not big cake eaters but she has so many different flavors to chose from it's hard not to find something everyone can enjoy! The presentation turned out way better than I ever could have imagined, simply beautiful! Also, we really appreciated the follow up calls. She called to check in just to wish us a happy marriage and thank us for the business. I would definitely recommend using Baked Expressions.
    Desiree Married on 07/15/2017
    So let me start off by saying that I was NOT your typical bride when I was planning my wedding. What I mean when I say that is that I wasn't your typical bride that new exactly what type of wedding I wanted until I started planning it. So I depended on a lot of my vendors to assist with bringing my vision to life. Renae with Baked Expressions was one of my favorite ones to deal with. She gave me a lot of advice on what type of cake worked best for my wedding and she was very affordable being able to work around our budget. The bet part, though, was that I didn't book her until a month or two before the wedding. I know that's late, but not living in KC, I didn't have a lot of time to go back and forth to KC to talk to vendors so I had to rely a lot on my family to do most of my planning and Renae made herself available for everything! I was so thankful that she was available for the time that I needed her for and she worked with my parents to make sure everything was what I wanted.

All in all my experience with her was great and she gave great customer service making sure that all of my needs were met.
    Briauna Married on 07/08/2017
    I am very satisfied with Baked Expressions after choosing them for my wedding in July 2017. The cake was delicious! The customer was also great, which is equally important. I would definitely recommend Baked Expressions as a cake vendor.
    Makeda Married on 07/07/2017
    Where do we start!!! From the moment we met Ms. Renea she has been absolutely amazing!! She listened to me, the bride, and was super supportive. She made my dream cake a reality. Not only was it beautiful but very delicious, and very moist. She has been so professional and had even checked in on me prior to the wedding to make sure I was doing okay with everything else. Her passion and commitment to making the most perfect cake is what makes her so amazing. If you need an exceptional cake, I highly recommend Baked Expressions!!! My cake was a show stopper and even my guest took pictures by the cake !!! Very pleased!!
    Bizi Married on 06/24/2017
    Absolutely fabulous! Renea was wonderful and professional! The cake was STUNNING and everything was so tasty!
    Taylor Married on 05/06/2017
    Ms Renea was the most professional and sweet lady to work with. Not only was my cake so delicious, but it exceeded my expectations in beauty! The best! Made my wedding day less stressful knowing she was taking care of my cake! Love her!
    Allison Married on 04/08/2017
    Renea, thank you for a BEAUTIFUL cake that fit so wonderfully with our overall wedding design! It was delicious as well - all of our guests loved it!
    Navi Married on 03/18/2017
    Highly recommend Baked Expressions. Renea will help you decide the perfect cake for your event and it will be arrived on time and displayed properly. I cannot thank Renea for her professionalism and her honest approach. All the success to you and your team.
    Marisa Married on 11/19/2016
    Renea was a pleasure to work with. As the bride, I had to plan my entire wedding almost entirely by myself, and I planned it in less than two months. Out of all the vendors I worked with, Renea was the easiest. She was straight to the point and incredibly helpful whenever I had questions. She made sure that my cake looked exactly like I wanted it to and even adjusted the size after we had already finalized the design. My cake was a four-tier cake with apple and caramel icing, strawberry and strawberry icing, and one layer of white and (I can't remember) icing. The cake tasted fabulous and was delivered on time, well before guests arrived. Overall, I would definitely recommend Baked Expressions to anyone looking to have a wedding with a delicious cake.
    Carrie Married on 10/15/2016
    Renea is wonderful! Such a stress free and fun experience! Renea made such a beautiful cake with all the details we wanted. And most importantly the flavors were delicious! We had so many compliments on the appearance and taste of the cake!
    Roya Married on 08/05/2016
    Renea was a pleasure to work with! Very professional. Her passion for baking beams through her work. She does a fantastic job and is SUPER attentive to detail. I had a Persian calligraphy topper and she contacted me to make sure it was put on correctly. That phone call made my day! Renea ensured that EVERYTHING was right and looked flawless and it was nothing short of it! Coming from a South Asian family, the fresh cake flavors Renea had to offer was SCRUMPTIOUS. We had amazing feedback from our guests, with many asking for her details. If you're looking for someone who is attentive to detail and bakes amazing cake from scratch, Renea is your gal! Amazing talent! Thank you SO SO much Renea! We look forward to working with you in the future! Cheers!
    Capetra Married on 07/30/2016
    Renea delivered the most delicious and beautiful wedding cake for our wedding this summer! From the first time my mom and I met her we could instantly tell she has a unique talent! We truly enjoyed working with her for our wedding and my uncle's 96th birthday cake. She has become our go to baker.
    Sylvia Married on 05/28/2016
    Anything that I could say about Baked Expressions would be an understatement. Her desserts and cakes are delicious! And her service, professionalism and attention to detail are impeccable! In addition to making us a gorgeous wedding cake and mini desserts, Renea also made our cake for the rehearsal dinner. It was a Mardi Gras-themed party and Renea did an excellent job creating this fun, colorful, Mardi Gras cake. By far, working with Renea was the best part of my wedding planning and I highly recommend her!
    Alicia Married on 05/21/2016
    Renea was great to work with and the cake turned out perfect! Renea is organized and always responded in a timely fashion from the start. My dad and I drew up my dream cake and sent it to Renea in hopes she could make something similar. My cake was more beautiful than I even imagined! My dad and I were blown away by how she made our cake come to life! The cake was also delicious! We had several guests telling us how they grabbed multiple pieces to try to various flavors we had!
    Teresa Married on 04/09/2016
    Renea's cakes are absolutely stunning and so delicious! She is so flexible and easy to work with and will make all your cake dreams come true! :) She has so many amazing flavors to choose from and can even do custom ones as well! I would definitely recommend her to anyone and everyone that I know! Pick "Baked Expressions" for your special day and you will definitely not be disappointed!
    Kellyn Married on 03/12/2016
    Renea was literally the kindest vendor we had the pleasure of working with. She truly made our dreams come true with the wedding cake she made for us! It was absolutely beautiful and brought me to tears when we first saw it!
    We chose traditional white cake with champagne buttercream and it tasted even better than it looked!!
    Thank you so much Renea for being so kind and pleasant and making our dream cake!