Bak Photography & Entertainment Reviews

13 Reviews for Bak Photography & Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/22/2015

Book them! Matt was our photographer and he was amazing! Walking in water just to get the right shot! We cannot wait to see all the pics and get our items! Could not say enough great things about them!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Mary · Married on 12/19/2009

Mark was awesome! He got tons of great shots at the chapel and even setup a really nice backdrop at the reception for our family photos. There are professionals and then there are masters. Mark is a master. The photos are amazing and I would highly recommend Mark. Thanks to him, we'll be able to look back on this day with lots of great photos to remember it!

Sent on 01/13/2010

Cherry · Married on 09/19/2008

They were exceptional, I can not wait to view the photos online. I loved every idea he came up with. I would urge any future bride to make a phone call & set up an appointment!

Sent on 10/07/2008

patricia · Married on 05/07/2005

THEY ARE AMAZING!!!! I SO HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!! Diane and Jeremy were OUTSTANDING and a fantastic team. We had film and digital photography. They captured EVERY MOMENT and even the ones you didn't know they were capturing. It was FABULOUS!!!!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about this vendor. From the owner to the woman who coordinated our order they were all THE BEST! so professional and so creative. We had SO MUCH FUN with our photographers.

Sent on 09/10/2008

Matt was our photographer and he was wonderful! He was willing to work with us - he showed us some shots right after taking them and he valued our opinions and what we wanted. Matt was super fun to work with. I haven't received my pictures back yet so I can't comment on that but I do know that my husband and I were very happy with our decision in hiring Matt.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Gwen · Married on 10/27/2007

I used this photography service in 2007. The photographer was a great hit at my ceremony. He was very friendly and professional. Many of my guests commented on his great presence at the ceremony. The quality of the pictures were great. The company has different packages and they were willing to work with my budget.

Sent on 12/26/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2006

WONDERFUL - perfect outcome, perfect on the day of the wedding - everything was great.

Sent on 02/27/2008

Sue · Married on 06/11/2011

We met with, Mark Bak. of Bak Photography & Entertainment because we were winners of a bridal show drawing. Mark met with us and showed us what packages and photographers were available to us through his company.

At our initial meeting we reviewed and discusssed various packages; Mark explained the timeline of the whole process from engagement photos; wedding photos; availablity of viewing pictures on line; how long it would take to complete our album after the wedding; and answered our questions in a professional & friendly manner. We were very comfortable and chose to have Mark be the photographer for our wedding.

We are so happy that we chose Mark & Bak Photography and Entertainment to capture our special day. Mark is a wonderfully talented photographer and always treated us warmly, profressionally, and delivered our pictures in a timely way.

We picked up our wedding album and it is truly beautiful and shows high quality work. Every time we look at the pictures we notice more details that we hadn't seen before. The pictures truly come to life - I showed the album to a friend who said "It's just like something you would see in a magazine". Mark truly captured all of the special moments of our day & we are so very happy that we chose him and his company to do our photography.

We are truly blessed that Mark shared his talent with us & highly recommend his company to anyone who is looking for a photographer.

Sent on 02/16/2012

4.2
      3.0

I won a photography package discount at a Bridal Expo it included 2 free 11x14 prints, an engagement session, $1000 dollars of the package of my choice plus a few other things. This was great for me as I was a strict budget bride with a small wedding of less than 40 people. This was a contributing factor for why we choose BAK photography. The staff at BAK photography were very friendly and professional. The quality of service was good overall with a few minor things that were able to be corrected. The only issue I really had was that they are not always timely with responding back, its a small office with the Head photographer being Mark and the hours are limited so if you also work it can be hard to meet with them, also if you choose a photographer other than Mark it can be hard to communicate with them. We didn't get to speak with our photographer until a couple days before our wedding or meet him until the day of. They did try to be flexible with phone meetings once we were able to reach them. We also haven't received any of our wedding photos back and it has been almost 4 weeks. Otherwise BAK was fabulous and we absolutely LOVED our wedding photographer Randy he was friendly and joked with everyone. Making the weird posing experience light and fun! He continued to show us images to insure we were happy with what was being shot and open to suggestions!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Christine · Married on 02/20/2009

4.2

I really like the photographs when I saw the finished product. The photographer that we had, Otto, takes very beautiful pictures. He did take a lot of time to get the beautiful pictures, too much time. That was the only thing I didn't like about the photographer. He took beautiful pictures but each picture was time consuming.

Sent on 03/25/2009

Nicole · Married on 08/10/2010

2.8
      1.0

I used Bak Photography for my wedding back in August 2010. I did not receive by wedding album until November 2011. I spent 3 hours in a meeting with Mark to create the book I wanted. When the plan came back from the designer there were more pages that needed corrected than those that were correct. It was a long an arduous process.

Also, I was very clear in the planning process that while there were some formal pictures I wanted, I wanted the rest to be more photo journalistic...pictures that people didn't know where being taken. I did not get very many of these types of pictures at all. Most of the 697 proofs that i received were triplet. There would be one picture taken just slightly different 3 times. I honestly had more like 350 proofs after all the duplicates were removed.

I wish that I had went with another photographer. I was so impressed my Mark (who actually did my wedding) at our first meeting that I didn't look any further. That was my mistake. After the wedding, once I had made my final payment for the extra's on my wedding album, the customer service became very lax...employees stopped returning my calls and the I was not compensated for the extreme delay of my wedding album. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience.

Sent on 12/05/2011

Lisa · Married on 05/29/2010

1.4
      1.5

We were so impressed with Mark when we first interviewed him so we signed him that day. This was our probably our first mistake. Our second mistake was choosing a vendor so far out of our area. I guess I wasn't thinking of all the followup appts required. He had some lovely shots of us in the church and my bridal party after the ceremony, but I was so disappointed in lack of variety of shots taken at the reception. I also was diappointed that there weren't more photos with guests or even our wonderful DJ. It's sad that I've tried to complete my night by getting photos from friends and family who were there.

Also, one of the most disappointing things was that he did not bring the photo from our engagement shoot that was a signature board for our guests to sign. We have no guest/memory book from that night. I had definitely hoped for more out of him considering what we paid for the service.

Due to choosing a vendor out of our area, we have had difficulty scheduling with him to finalize our album. Mark was a nice guy and good photographer but there were just too many issues for me to recommend this agency to anyone else.

Sent on 01/18/2012

0.8
      1.0
      2.0
      0.5

I hired Mark Bak to photograph my wedding many years ago. To this day I am still upset with the experience. He is a very nice guy but he was not on his game the day of the wedding. He even left the reception hours earlier than we had talked about and I was in no position to get all upset and argue with him. The pictures were fine but there were very few candid shots that I had requested and very few shots that wowed me. He hit the shots he had to take (family shots, bride and groom) but he did nothing to go above and beyond the bare minimum. Still so disappointed 8 years later. :(

Sent on 07/16/2013