Bailey Rae Beauty Reviews

Bailey Rae Beauty 5
Bailey Rae Beauty 6
Bailey Rae Beauty 7

Kaylynn · Married on 05/25/2019

What Dreams Are Made Of!!

I cannot recommend Bailey enough she was phenomenal! She was like having your best friend do your makeup in your house! She made me feel super relaxed and calm on my wedding day and it was so amazing knowing you have someone that’s going to just kill exactly what you want done, instead of sitting there worrying something won’t turn out. I found Bailey very versatile, what I wanted compared to what my mother and maid of honor wanted where completely different and we all looked absolutely flawless and all where happy and felt comfortable knowing we still looked like ourselves. Bailey was so friendly yet so professional and flexible at the same time. I literally changed locations on this woman THE DAY OF. She handled it like it was no problem at all! Her prices are so reasonable and she traveled quite a hike to get to us! I could go on and on how amazing the trial, day of, makeup, communication, experience and she is! I will forever recommend Bailey to any bride to be I come in passing with!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Lauren Nedzelski · Married on 05/18/2019

Friendly, talented, professional. The best choice!

Bailey was recommended to me through my photographer, and she turned out to be the best choice for wedding makeup I could've made. She is friendly and kind, reasonably priced, very professional and overall wonderful to work with. She asked about my own vision for my wedding makeup and gave me easy to understand options (as someone who doesn't often wear a lot of makeup) as far as how "made up" I wanted to look. My makeup was flawless, felt light as air (important to me as a minimal makeup wearer), and didn't budge all night. She also gives you a lipstick sample in case you need to reapply! All my bridesmaids loved their makeup as well. I would hire her again in a heartbeat and would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Bailey Rae Beauty 8
    Bailey Rae Beauty 9
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/01/2019

Bailey is absolutely AMAZING!

I could not be happier that I chose Bailey as my Wedding Day makeup artist. She was incredibly kind and really flexible with my schedule. Since I live in North Carolina but got married in Pittsburgh I had a very small window to get my trial done. Not only did she work with me to find a day, but she also traveled all the way to my parent’s house to meet me. On the day of the wedding she arrived on time and was so much fun. My bridesmaids loved hanging out with her as they got their makeup done. She truly brought my entire look together and gave me exactly what I wanted. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Noderer · Married on 03/09/2019

Brought all of my vintage dreams to life!

Simply put, Bailey is wonderful. Bailey did my make up as well as my mom’s, my mother-in-law’s, a groomswoman, and our flower girl. Everyone looked and felt gorgeous!

Bailey was extremely flexible and professional throughout the whole process. She came to me for our trial and traveled a bit of a ways for the actual wedding — both bouts of traveling were so appreciated. I also think her pricing and travel fees are more than fair, given the convenience of having your MUA come to you and the high quality you get!

Not only is she a talented make up artist, she is so easy to talk to. She asked great questions to get a feel for the vibe and style of the event. I wanted an old Hollywood glamor look and she immediately grabbed onto that idea and ran with it. Additionally, she was such a calming presence while everyone was getting ready. You definitely won’t regret hiring Bailey to be a part of your big day.

Uploaded photos are from my trial, friend’s phones the day of, and a professional photo by Requiem Images.

Sent on 05/03/2019
    Bailey Rae Beauty 10
    Bailey Rae Beauty 11
    Bailey Rae Beauty 12
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/29/2018

You won't need to look any farther....Best vendor!

Bailey was so professional and did a fantastic job. First, everyone's makeup was flawless. Everyone received compliments all night. Second she was friendly, professional and easy to work with. She comes to your house if you want a trial and works around your schedule. She does the same for getting ready wherever works best for the bridal party. Would highly recommend checking her out. See for your self...check out her instagram to see all the great work she has done. Best vendor we worked with.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Robbi · Married on 09/15/2018

Wedding makeup

Bailey did my makeup trail, which was also the same day as our engagement pictures which worked out perfectly! After seeing my makeup and also getting our engagement pictures back, I knew she was perfect for our wedding as well! She is a true makeup artist, and she will make you look more beautiful than you ever knew possible for yourself. Her technique and makeup skill is amazing. I felt so pretty on my wedding day and my bridesmaids all looked so pretty too! I got lots of compliments about my makeup, and I can’t thank Bailey enough. She was always on time, and very professional too! And of course, very friendly and super easy to book and work with. Thanks so much Bailey!! I wish you could do my makeup everyday!!

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Outstanding

Bailey was AMAZING. I was so happy with my makeup for the day and so were all my bridesmaid. She was super flexible with the number of bridesmaids/moms/etc who wanted their make up done-my numbers were changing basically until the day of. She brought an assistant, who was amazing as well and did an awesome job on my mom's makeup! My make up lasted the entire night and survived the humidity! Bailey was so fast with responding to e-mails, and was a pleasure to work with :)

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 07/07/2018

Bailey was an absolute joy to work with. She was extremely flexible with me when we scheduled a trial. She had already a scheduled trial with another client, but still offered to come to my house following her initial appointment. She brought a suitcase filled with the best of best makeup. My favorite was the airbrush machine! She was so friendly and made everyone feel comfortable. She did a great job looking at a picture of what each person wanted, but also considered our coloring and face shape for the best look. Every time she finished a bridesmaid or mother, their smiles shined from across the room. Everyone felt glamourus and beautiful, including me! I would hire Bailey all over again! She was simply wonderful!

Sent on 07/19/2018
    Bailey Rae Beauty 13
    Bailey Rae Beauty 14
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 06/02/2018

Bailey did SUCH an amazing job on my makeup and all of my bridesmaids. We were all a damn good looking crew, I will admit. I am not one to wear a ton of makeup. I never wear foundation or any thick makeup products so I was a little worried I'd feel like a cake face with all the makeup on, but I was definitely wrong. She made me feel sooo natural and I felt 100% myself, not like a different woman with a ton of makeup on. My makeup stayed on all day and she even gave all the girls samples of our lip colors so we could reapply throughout the day which was essential. Bailey is such a sweet person, so friendly and professional. I'd highly recommend her for any makeup needs, especially your wedding day!

Images uploaded are by the wonderful Jenna Hidinger Photography

Sent on 06/14/2018
    Bailey Rae Beauty 15
    Bailey Rae Beauty 16
    Bailey Rae Beauty 17

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2017

Bailey was amazing to work with!! My bridesmaid and I LOVED our makeup for my wedding. I am so happy with the service and quality she did. I will always recommend her for future brides and keep her in mind for any big life events ☺️

Sent on 12/12/2017

Amber · Married on 09/03/2017

Bailey is amazing, sweet, artistic, and beautiful inside and out. She did makeup for my MOH and me for my Labor Day Weekend wedding this year. I've never felt more beautiful. She listened to everything I said and is so incredibly skilled in her work, a true artist and listener. I highly recommend Bailey!!! <3<3<3

Sent on 09/19/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/02/2017

Bailey is awesome!! She did my make up for my bridal shower and wedding. The moms also had their makeup done. She is very talented, professional, receptive to input, sweet, and calming during a stressful time! She nailed the look I was asking for and was a perfectionist with her work. Bailey was also willing to travel. My wedding was about 2.5 hours away from Pittsburgh. Her prices were fair and she was very punctual. I would highly recommend her to anyone!! Can't wait to find an excuse to have her so my makeup again!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Maria · Married on 07/08/2017

Bailey was awesome! We did my trial back in May and I have always been a little iffy about having other people do my makeup. She did not disappoint! She was very precise, clean and professional. I sent all of my bridesmaids a picture of my makeup from the trial and they all wanted her to do theirs as well! She is very responsive when it comes to emails and helping you schedule a timeline for the day. Day of the wedding she was so great to work with. As most of you can imagine, getting ready the day of the wedding was crazy! One of the things I loved about her is that she did not rush the makeup application on anyone. Everyone looked flawless and the makeup lasted through a night of dancing and partying! If you are looking for a makeup artist for your engagement pictures, day of your wedding or whatever---Bailey is your girl!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Alexandra · Married on 06/03/2017

I loved having Bailey do our make up for my wedding! She responded quickly and professionally to all emails, and arrived on time for both the make up trial and the wedding day. You can tell watching her work that she has a passion for what she does! I felt beautiful all day. Thank you Bailey! I'm happy you could be part of my day :)

Sent on 06/13/2017

Kimberly · Married on 04/29/2017

Bailey is fabulous! I went into my wedding without a make up trial run (risky, I know). I have never been into make up and I didn't know exactly what I wanted. I found a picture off Pinterest and brought it with me the day of the wedding. Bailey nailed it exactly and her work is impeccable. I was getting complements at the end of the night how great my make up looked and that was 9 hours after it was applied. She also has a very calm demeanor about her that was really nice on such a big (sometimes stressful) day! I would recommend her to anyone interested in having their make up professionally done.

Sent on 05/08/2017

CATHY · Married on 04/22/2017

Bailey did the make-up for my daughter (the bride), her bridesmaids and me. As we all have our own likes/dislikes about makeup, Bailey was very professional (and also calming) and took the time to discuss with each of us how we wanted to look, some more glamorous, and some more subtle (like me!). We all got the exact look we wanted, and it stayed on perfectly throughout the whole evening! The make-up really shined through in the wedding photographs, BEAUTIFUL!! I would highly recommend Bailey to anyone looking for a make-up artist for their special day!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Nikki · Married on 05/06/2017

Absolutely amazing how she can do makeup. Bailey is a true artist and makes you feel/look amazing. I cannot even tell you how many compliments I received on my make up for my wedding. Perfect.

Sent on 05/16/2017
  • Tara

Tara Smolick · Getting married on 09/14/2019

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

Beware! Not worth the time or money!

Beware of hiring her. I contacted Bailey since I read on Wedding Wire from another customer that she would just do makeup for a bride & one bridesmaid. The other thing that I didn’t like was the fact that she never once called me to talk about her services & what I would like for my bridal makeup - she only contacted me through email which I found odd considering other makeup artists have communicated through a phone call. Also, I’m not a huge fan of email considering many things are lost in translation, etc. However, I set up a trial w/ her for my one bridesmaid & myself & even wrote out that one bridesmaid & myself were doing the trial in order to get an idea for the wedding. She did mine & my bridesmaids makeup for the trial & we both wanted to hire her for the wedding & asked her for the contract, but she didn’t have one & said she would email it to me. I actually had to email her & ask her for the contract since she never reached out again - which should’ve been another red flag now that I think about it. When she finally emailed me the contract, it stated that she only did a minimum of 3 people & would charge me $200 if I didn’t have 3 & had other errors on the contract in terms of where she was going the day of the wedding etc. I feel that since I’ve never had makeup done before she should’ve contacted me on the phone to see what I like in terms of makeup & what the terms are for her bridal makeup contract plus other details. At the very least, I think she should’ve talked about my wedding details such as where she go on the day of my wedding to apply my makeup etc. I also thought she should’ve brought a wedding makeup contract to discuss the details of it if she really wanted the business, but she didn’t. I feel that she wasted my time when I could’ve found someone else & I also feel that she just took my money. I’m Not very happy with her & I think she should’ve given my money back.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Bailey Rae Beauty's reply:

Hi Tara,
    I’m so sorry you had a poor experience with me.
    As we have discussed, I sent you all of my information including pricing and my minimum booking requirement of 3 bridal party members before we scheduled a trial. This was listed on my website pricing page and I sent you the link. I was under the impression that you understood all of my service information before we met in person since I sent it you. Once I sent it to you, you then emailed me and asked to set up a bridal trial. It was my mistake I assumed you had read my information.

I often do two trials at once - a lot of times a mother or maid of honor would also like a trial done when the bride has hers, so I did not assume that meant you were only planning to book two clients (you and your bridesmaid only), I only assumed it was because your bridesmaid wanted a trial done as well.

I did ask you a lot of questions during our trial. I love getting to know the bride when we have the trial, as the wedding day is a bit more hectic and we don’t have as much time to talk details. I always ask questions to get an idea of your style, your wedding colors and your personal preferences.

Very importantly: I do not pressure a bride into booking with me during the trial if she has chosen to wait to book. With that being said, I do not bring a contract ready to sign. Because you wanted to have a trial first, I wanted to have you wear the makeup for the day before I followed up with you. I apologize I did not get back to you quick enough to your standards.

I did not take any deposits from you for your wedding day. You only paid me for the service of having the trial, which included my time, product and traveling to you. You knew how much the trial costed, and I performed the service for you. Unfortunately, that is not refundable. A deposit would be refundable, but I did not take a deposit from you.

Also, my contract states that I have a $200 cancellation fee. It does not state that I will charge you $200 if you do not have three bridal party members receiving makeup applications, so that is untrue.

As far as the details of the location of the wedding, I asked you the location of the wedding so I knew where we would be getting ready. You replied to me with the address of your venue. I apologize I took that as where the makeup services would be performed. However, it was a very easy and editable mistake that I fixed for you quickly and I corrected the address.

Once we went over the the contract, we discussed how you believe you never received the email including my website link with all of my service information. I sincerely apologized to you. And I apologize profusely again for that. It’s an honest mistake that an email got lost in translation as you put it, and not either of our faults.

Also, email is my main source of contact with my clients, but I could have certainly called you. You never expressed interest in talking over the phone with me and I had no idea that was your preferred method of contact until reading this review..

I feel truly bad because I have yet to disappoint any of my clients or have any lack of communication or misunderstanding.

I sincerely apologize again that I was not the right fit for you.