31 Reviews for Daddy Cakes Bakery

Consultations (1)
Delivery (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Organic (1)

Rudy and his staff went above and beyond for our daughter's wedding June 30th in Ft. Collins with the reception at The Ranch in Loveland. Jenny and Jake are stalwart Colorado State Rams alumni and they both love to fish. It was so easy to have their wishes expressed in "cake" and Rudy came up with several drawings beforehand for both the wedding cake and the grooms cake. Little touches incorporated in the designs made these cakes so special to the bride and groom. The compliments flowed all night not only for the designs but for the cakes themselves. There were over 340 guests to enjoy the Daddy Cakes creations. We are so happy to recommend Daddy Cakes Bakery!

Photo for Daddy Cakes Bakery Review - heart and initials were on the wedding invites
Photo for Daddy Cakes Bakery Review - frosting was meant to look like old wood
Photo for Daddy Cakes Bakery Review - Jenny and Jake's love of fishing
Photo for Daddy Cakes Bakery Review - Colorado State football playing field honoring the groom #77
Photos
Profile Picture Diane, 6/30/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

We got a wedding cake, anniversary cake for my husbands parents and sheet cake for our wedding done through Daddy cakes last year. Our tasting was super fun - the servings were generous, the cake & buttercream frosting were delicious and Rudy was very accommodating. We loved Rudy's honesty in how much we should order for a party our size (he did not try to oversell us at all and in fact recommended we go with less cake as we were doing a dessert bar as well). He was super responsive through the booking process and the prices were really reasonable. Our wedding cake was so pretty and delicious and he made it exactly the way we had envisioned it to be. The anniversary cake for my husbands parents was the same (ombre icing with roses all over). Great experience working with Daddy Cakes and delicious wedding cake!!

Profile Picture Samira, 8/11/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had their macaroons as our wedding favors and they were perfect!

Profile Picture User5274004, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Organic, Lactose Free, Cookies

Okay, what do you do when you were raised around wedding cake and it’s time for your dream cake? My grandmother set my standards for wedding cake masterpieces starting when I was in diapers and stealing frosting from the bowl. I can talk cake. I know cake stands, pillars, and design. I know fabulous cake, frosting, and fillings. Do not talk about fondant in my world. Buttercream only. What percentage of chocolate do you use?

My first cake appointment with the competition was a disaster. I knew more about cake than the baker. I was in shock. We were told “we don’t do that” and “umm … yeah, we don’t do gluten free cake tastings. GF is two flavors - vanilla and chocolate.”

Then I went to Daddy Cakes. Rudy was a dream. The tasting was fabulous with several flavors with and without gluten. I brought pictures of pieces and parts of cake designs. He took all of them and said yes. We designed a cake part rocks and twigs and part fairy bubbles. We chose gluten free chocolate, wedding white, and carrot for the cakes with buttercream all around. All of this was done just a few weeks before the wedding.

The finished cake was beautiful. No one knew it was gluten free. No one believed us when they asked about it. Thank you, Rudy, for making this cake girl's wedding dream cake come true. - Lora and Math

Profile Picture Lora, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
4.2

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious! We ultimately chose Babette's Feast because I am gluten intolerant and we read good reviews of their gluten free cake. Their gluten free cake is amazing! One of our guests actually said he preferred it over the non-gluten free cake! Going in for our cake tasting was easy and Rudy was really open to working with our special requests. Apparently, just before our wedding, the owner was very sick, so things were a little bit scattered for the business, but they called to clarify what we were expecting and we got just what we asked for. It was great!

Profile Picture User3041768, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
3.6

Babette's was good to work with. They made our cake exactly how we described it! I had wanted it delivered at 3 pm as I knew it was going to be a very hot day. They called me the Monday before to confirm details, but said they would deliver it at 12 pm. I explained that it was going to be outside, and I did not want it to melt. The latest they would come was at 1 pm. By the time we got to cake cutting, the frosting had completely fallen off, and the top two layers had tilted. The place I got married at removed the top two layers so that we could do our cake cutting on the bottom layer that still had frosting. But the pictures won't be the same as with a tiered cake. The cake tasted amazing, just frustrating that the cake melted because it sat out too long!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Babettes provided a beautiful wedding cake for my daughter's wedding. They worked with me via email as I live out of state. We had so many compliments on the beauty and the taste of the cake. I sent a photo and because my cake was not the same size as the one in the picture they were able to design something close to my picture but on a smaller scale. I also had them provide some chocolate covered strawberries and an asparagus appetizer. Everything was yummy.

Profile Picture User4714462, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

What a beautiful cake and it tasted great! They did an awesome job making it look exactly like the picture I gave them.

Profile Picture Fran, 12/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

WOW! Words can't even describe how delicious our meal and dessert was. Rudy and Angi are so friendly and it was so fun to work with them. They met every need we had and beyond. We have been getting compliments for weeks about how great the food was. We will definitely recommend them to anyone in Northern Colorado!

Profile Picture Brianne, 9/29/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

Babette's Feast has some of the best cake in town! It was delicious and all the guests really enjoyed it.

Profile Picture Sandra, 9/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

Our cake was absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Cori, 8/16/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We only tasted cake samples at Babette's Feast Catering, and those samples easily helped us know we did not need to look any further. I would describe Rudy as an artist, and the food created by his team is made with passion and love. Everything we sampled from the catering menu for our wedding meal was fantastic. Our guests raved about the food at our wedding. The cake flavors are varied and delicious. Rudy and his team added beautiful colors and flowers to our cake, and accommodated special dietary needs. The food and flavors are works of art. They are very well-priced. I would recommend Babette's Feast Catering and Bakery to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture User3590558, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

They did everything that we wanted and they presented everything so well!

Profile Picture User3080325, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

We had a bad experience with another caterer and went to Babette's seeking better responsiveness. Rudy was extremely responsive and very easy to work with. He was helpful in helping us prepare for the event. They were there on the day of the wedding on time and did an excellent job setting up and being ready They provided excellent service, provided an attractive display and served good food! We would highly recommend their service.

C Davis

Profile Picture Curtis, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

We used Babette's Feast for our 10/12/13 wedding in Fort Collins, CO. They created our amazing wedding cake and various cupcakes and desserts, such as chocolate marquis and authentic French macarons. Rudy and Angie were so wonderful to work with and are absolutely amazing people! Everything was absolutely delicious and the display was gorgeous! We received so many compliments on how delicious our desserts were! Their macarons are melt in your mouth delicious!!! They even made up a little box for us to have before the wedding so the bridesmaids and I were able to get a pre-wedding sugar high! YUM! We wouldn't hesitate to hire Babette's again for any catering or baking needs that we have! Thank you so much, Angie and Rudy! We love you two! Beautiful job!

Profile Picture Juliet, 10/12/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

When you book a caterer, there are so many things to consider: are they responsive, are they easy to get a long with, are they accommodating? etc.
We were supposed to be married at Ellis Ranch on September 14th, but they cancelled the wedding due to the flooding. Rudy was with me every step of the way. We decided to have the wedding anyway, and at the time, there was only one bridge accessible to our house. We set him up in the garage and he happily provided the entire service that we had contracted him to perform... and more. The staff he provided were amazing and everyone raved about the service. Best of all, the food was delicious and plentiful. Babette's Feast was a referral from a friend (he catered their wedding) and I have nothing but great things to say about them. Hire them for your event, you will not regret it.

Marie Chamberlain and Rodney Gaines

Profile Picture Marie, 9/14/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Babestte's Feast made our wedding cake for us and did a fantastic job. We wanted a flying pig as our cake and they made the cake to our specifications and were a pleasure to work with! The cake was also delicious!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/13/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I can't say enough about Rudy and his wife and staff. They did a wonderful job at our wedding this past Monday. Adapting to no running water, etc. due to our reception being in a field:). They were so professional and every guest raved about the food and service. I work in the wedding industry and I can say without hesitation that you will not be disappointed in trusting their services. Thank you Rudy for making our day so special!

Profile Picture candace, 9/2/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I chose Babettes Feast to make our wedding cake, and let me say that they did an absolute amazing job! They made this part of the wedding planning process so easy and the end result was exactly what I envisioned! If you want a wedding cake that your guests still talk about a year later, go with Babettes Feast!! The variety of flavors and the talent of design are incredible! We will definitely come back and order from them for any future events/occasions!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 8/16/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The most delicious cake I've ever had!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/23/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was fabulous!!! One of my family members have Celiac Disease, so we wanted to be sure to get a gluten-free cake for our wedding. When we first started searching, there were many bakers that did gluten-free but only basic chocolate and vanilla which is what we sort of wanted but the taste was awful and dry – disappointing!! But then we were told by our venue to check out Babette’s. They not only did gluten-free but they were able to do it in any flavor. Plus they understood Celiac very well. It was exactly what we were looking for!! The cake was amazing, very moist and full of flavor. Our layers were (1) lemon/orange with lemon mouse filling, (2) rich chocolate with chocolate pistachio filling, and (3) vanilla with fresh strawberry filling. Working with Rudy and Angi, they made us feel very comforting in selecting the design, the flavors and any questions we had. Our wedding day cake was perfect and incredible. We were very happy and highly recommend Babette’s for your wedding cake or any event. We will certainly use them in the future. Super good, professional and remarkable!!!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 9/18/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Babette's Feast did a wonderful job catering our wedding of 150 people. The food was wonderful and the cake was so delicious! Working with Angi and Rudy was easy because of their prompt email responses and flexibility with changes we made along the way. Their wait staff were professional and everything was cleaned up perfectly at the end of the night (we had our wedding at my parents house outside). The catering crew used my parents kitchen to work in the day of the wedding and left everything clean and tidy as well as the outdoor areas. We will definitely recommend Babette's Feast in the future and will use them again for any event that we may have. Thank you Rudy and Angi! We appreciate your professionalism, service and your delicious food!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/18/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Babette created delicious and beautiful food for our reception! It was exactly what we wanted. She was flexible, very professional, and did a fabulous job!

Profile Picture Brenda, 7/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Actually, Babette recently catered a dinner party of ours for our colleagues, although she had also catered both my and my daughter's weddings in the past! I cannot adequately express how wonderful she made all three of these occasions, with fantastic food, excellent presentation, and wonderful courtesy - our guests were made to feel that they were very special!

Profile Picture Alexander, 7/9/11, 1 Review
3.6

Babette was great to work with. She was very kind and was able to accommodate a later evening appointment for us since our schedules are kind of crazy. She was not all that quick with her responses when we had questions or concerns. We did ask for a sketch of the cake design but never received one and it was already too late to change vendors although the cake was beautiful I was a little worried since I was not sure if she knew exactly what we wanted. The cake was all absolutely delicious especially if you are looking for something a little different than traditional flavors.

Update as of Feb 2012: Babette told us not to save our top tier as she would just make us a new one. I emailed her through her website asking about this and never got a response. We ended up buying a cake from another bakery to have on our first anniversary. :(

View Vendor Response