B&M Catering Company Reviews

62 | Pawtucket, RI

62 Reviews for B&M Catering Company

Kimberly · Married on 06/16/2012

B&M Catering was recommended to us by our venue. We were looking for a laid back caterer with barbeque food. After our tasting we booked them immediately because the food was so tasty. Their prices are standard for a wedding plate pricing on the lower side and we had so many leftovers that it is 2 days after my wedding and my fridge is still full of food!. We went with Ribs, Steak tips and Chicken for the buffet meats and everyone went back for seconds. They arrive early with grills and cook everything on site so you know it is all fresh. I had no problem getting in touch with them with questions and always got thorough detailed answers. I would recommend them to any bride looking for delicious barbeque food.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2011

We were so happy with our caterers! The food was amazing! We had a 75 person wedding and their set-up and servers were only two people, but they were awesome! They did what six people should do normally! They were so kind and helpful, and even offered the leftovers to us! We can't wait to use them for another event!

Sent on 10/08/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/03/2011

We had our rehearsal dinner for 60+ people at our house so we could include many of the people who had traveled to be at our wedding. B and M was absolutely fantastic! We met with them several months before the wedding and had a tasting with some of the different foods we had chosen (a RI themed clambake). Mickey was great to work with and he helped us choose our menu and make sure we had enough different options. The guys from B and M arrived at our house about 3 hours before we wanted to eat and brought everything down to the trash bags with them. They cooked all afternoon and while we were at our rehearsal, and we arrived home to food ready to go. The served tons of food to our guests and everything was delicious. All of the food was prepared on site and they cleaned up everything when they were finished; they even took the trash with them when they left. I cannot say enough good things about this company and it was a great start to our wedding weekend.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Lindsay · Married on 09/25/2010

Absolutely perfect! The food was delicious and the staff at B&M took care of our every request! Would hire them again for another event in a heartbeat!

Sent on 02/14/2011

Lindsey · Married on 09/15/2013

I can't recommend B&M Catering enough. I dealt with Tim, the wedding coordinator, over several months, and he and his staff were just so incredibly accommodating and helpful. We had a casual outdoor wedding at a historical site. They arrived promptly with their own tables, linens, plates, utensils, and they set up a bar. We chose the "medieval banquet" for our menu, and there was something there for everyone. There were tender beef ribs, slices of juicy pork, those huge turkey legs you see at Renaissance fairs, vegetables in gravy, salad, vegetarian dishes for people who requested them, and the little kids ate free. The guests loved it. The staff was so nice and was very thorough with clean up. Seriously, these guys were amazing, check out their website.

Sent on 02/23/2014

krista · Married on 08/25/2018

The staff at B&M were great - from planning months in advance to their efforts on our wedding day. We went with casual BBQ. It was great that it was cooked on-site and food was warm. They customized the menu to what we wanted. I think the value was pretty good also compared to some super pricey sit-down dinners. I didn't love the chicken (a little dry) but the shrimp and ribs were a huge hit. And the cornbread was EXCELLENT. They packed up extras and let us take home all the extra food too (food was great as leftovers too). Would highly recommend, especially if you are looking for a more casual meal.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Christy · Married on 06/26/2016

Such a great company to work with! They were willing to work with us and change our menu around to accommodate our budget. They never made me feel like they were out to make money, just to make us happy. We changed some things around that already came with the meal to make more appetizers for cocktail hour (their suggestion). They made some awesome signature drinks for us. They were never frustrated with my indecisiveness. The open bar was well worth the price, and the food, our wedding was sunday, and we are still eating left overs! I loved that they wrapped up the extra food and sent it home with us. Nothing like getting your moneys worth! The wait staff was great, they helped set up my donut wall, smiled any time they asked me something, and truly went outside their box to make everything perfect for my day. They helped set up way more than they needed to! As far as the bartenders! They rocked! They kept me in the loop about things and entertained my guests all night. I had a lot of family and friends come up to me and tell me how much they loved the bar tenders! I would 100% use them again.

Sent on 06/29/2016

B&M Catering Company's reply:

Thanks for sharing your experience, Christy. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our services. We take a great deal of pride in our dedicated, friendly, and hard-working team members.
    We wish you the best as you move into your future.

B&M was wonderful to work with. They captured the spirit of our wedding. They were willing to work with us to make our wedding environmentally friendly- using compostable plates and utensil and coordinating with a local composting company. They lived up to their promise that no guest would go hungry- our guests were well fed and we went home with leftovers. They were great about serving my homemade dessert. I would definitely recommend them to people who are hoping to have a happy stress free wedding.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Deanna · Married on 09/06/2014

After taste testing at B&M, we knew they were the caterer for us! We got married at the Kinney Bungalow and thought that a clambake would go perfectly with the location. We chose the “Old-Time Bake with BBQ Chicken”, but we also added pulled pork and some other sides. The pulled pork and chicken were amazing (just as good as the BBQ down here in Texas!) and the clam chowder and corn bread are a must. Everyone appreciated the variety of food that we had and having a break from more traditional wedding food! The vegetarian options were also great.

Mickey and Tim were also extremely helpful with determining our menu. On the wedding day Tim’s staff made everything flow perfectly, and the buffet line moved great even with 130 people. They were also very reasonably priced and brought more than enough food for people to have seconds and thirds. We went around during dinner to talk to people and everyone loved the food. A month after the wedding we still hear how much everyone loved the food and multiple people have asked if they do catering for smaller parties We can’t say how much we loved the food!

Sent on 10/19/2014

KB · Married on 10/10/2010

Our food was fantastic and the service was great. We had a mixed grill menu and guests raved about the food, especially the BBQ steak tips, the cornbread and the clam chowder we had during cocktail hour. They offered us a tasting before we even booked, which was nice. They also accommodated my dairy issues and made me a special salad without the mozzarella. B&M offers a great deal for the volume and quality of food you get. They packaged up the extras (including packets of cornbread for guests who had raved to them about it) for us and we ate wedding food for days! I paid for the linens/flatware/dinnerware upgrade and was a little disappointed when I saw the dinnerware was melamine plastic, so be aware of that if you use them. But I’m not sure anyone really noticed or cared. I highly recommend B&M, and they have all types of menus to suit your needs. They were the only caterer we contacted because we fell in love with their menu. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/28/2010

Megan · Married on 05/23/2009

B&M Clambakes provides delicious food at wonderful prices. Go in for a tasting and you will understand immediately! They are a clambake company, so don't expect waiters dressed in white button down shirts or an elaborate presentation of the food. Do expect delicious food and a very friendly and helpful staff.

Sent on 06/19/2009

C · Married on 08/17/2018

2.8
      2.0
      3.0

I regret hiring B&M and don't recommend them, especially for anyone's wedding. They sent very few workers to set up furniture and cook for a 90 person event. This caused us to ask guests and extra workers from the venue to help setup for the ceremony and cocktail hour.

Because they sent out few workers, the cocktail hour food came out late. For the dinner buffet, it took a long time for the last table to be called to line up- I felt so bad for our hungry guests. To be fair, the food was good and our guests said they enjoyed it. In the end, I didn't get to take the leftovers home.

They admitted to dropping the ball but why would you send so few workers in the first place? After I spoke with them they offered a 1% refund and a meal for two for the trays of food we didn't get to take home.

From the tasting to the quick responses to questions beforehand, I was lead to believe things from their part would go smoothly and we'd have a better experience overall. I had higher expectations from the great reviews but they placed very little importance to our wedding.

Sent on 08/23/2018