Awesomesauce Photography Reviews

59 | Glen Allen, VA

59 Reviews for Awesomesauce Photography

Jes · Married on 07/08/2017

In short, our whole family is so in love with the photography expertise and the always-consistent, genuinely helpful interactions. We hope to work with Awesomesauce for all our future special moments.

Awesomesauce Photography indeed captures the best memories hands-down. Like many clients have shared, we are not only impressed with our highly talented photographer, but also, we are awed at the diverse expertise that comes with Awesomesauce!
    Awesomesauce Photography delivers an array of fabulous photo styles – high-glam formals, editorial story-telling candids, details, action shots, intimate moments, creative and flattering angles. It does not end there. Linda fits in with her superb communication and personality, yet she never interrupts your happy moments. She teaches the best tips like event timeline planning, beauty tips, and posing.
    When our whole group could not figure out how to pin some stubborn corsages and a complicated 5-step bustle, Linda stepped right in and solved the dilemma in under a minute. Some people in our group, especially my husband and myself, feel strongly uncomfortable in photographs, but our wedding album was as stunning as a magazine ad. I am so grateful for her guidance, gorgeous wedding album, and her sincere friendliness. She took care of so many details for us, details we had not even thought of or were sure about. From delivering our pre-ceremony wedding gifts, to staying extra late to capture our impromptu dances, Awesomesauce Photography fully met and surpassed our dreams for great wedding photography. Linda’s organization and attention to detail are spot-on. I shared with her a few example wedding photos to give her an idea of the style I liked; Linda took my ideas and came out with photos and angles even better than the ideas I found. Surely, Linda knows how to work with anyone’s vision, and she will make your vision even more timeless and beautiful than you might imagine.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Awesomesauce Photography's reply:

Thank you sooo much Jessica!

Jody · Married on 07/03/2017

I can't say enough good things about Linda! She completely captured the special moments of my son's wedding day in the most creative ways! She is extremely talented, accommodating and professional (not to mention affordable!). She helped bring a feeling of calmness to a day that can be quite crazy! We will be forever grateful to her for the gorgeous memories she created. She will not disappoint!

Sent on 08/24/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/24/2017

Linda was by far one of our favorite parts of the entire wedding planning process! She is so knowledgable and goes above and beyond what we envisioned as the role of a wedding photographer. She truly is with you every step of the way. Her pictures are fantastic and we will treasure them for our lifetime. Cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Jan · Married on 06/24/2017

Linda was fantastic and very professional. We had a wedding for my daughter at our home in the country. She arrived early to scope out photo opportunities and get preliminary photos of the set up. She personalized the pictures of our property by using the vineyard, barn, house, and porch as a background for many of the shots. She had a written list of "must take" photos and checked them off after she got them. She chronicled the wedding so that when I look at all the photos, I can remember the music playing at the time along with all the surrounding activity . When the torrential rains came, she took pics of all the crew and guests hurrying to put up the sides of the tents. It wasn't an easy job, for sure, but she managed to recreate the wedding with her photos. She also has an artistic eye which shows in so many of her shots. She is a real talent and I would highly recommend her for any photo job no matter the event.

Sent on 07/04/2018

Awesomesauce Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jan! I hope to see you all again one day!

LJ · Married on 05/26/2017

1/2 *** I met Linda at a wedding expo in 2016. Her portfolio exemplified beautiful photos taken by a person of extensive knowledge in all things wedding! From our first meeting, we knew that she was more than prepared to capture candid moments that would truly tell the story of our wedding day. The weather was very unpredictable that week and we had to decide on photography locations uncomfortably close to the wedding date. She did a great job keeping us on schedule! She was able to take beautiful shots with the bridal party and family despite the time constraints. I was worried about not being able to shoot at Libby Hill after the ceremony…she stopped me and said, “no, you are the bride, it is important to you, so lets get to it!”. I totally appreciate that because I think those will be my favorites. She found some gorgeous locations on libby hill for photos and I could not be happier.

Linda was extremely easy to work with throughout the entire planning process. She asked thorough and detailed questions ahead of the wedding day to understand specific photos we wanted; first look, bridal party and family shots….etc.

I will admit we had a slight planning miscommunication (which was completely my fault) a few weeks before the wedding--while usually, that might stress a bride out-Linda took time to understand the situation fully and then went out of her way to ensure a resolution was met quickly. She is truly passionate about the work she does, and it made me feel that it was important to her to go above and beyond for us anytime she could. She didn't see us simply as a bride and groom, but as two people sharing a special day that she was going to capture to the best of her ability. She was flexible and understanding and definitely someone I was so incredibly thankful to have around in a time I felt significantly overwhelmed.

Sent on 06/01/2017

LJ · Married on 05/26/2017

2/2 **

The day of the wedding she arrived WAY ahead of schedule and began working right away. She did a great job of putting us at-ease when we were feeling jittery and nervous. This really helped to get beautiful and natural reactions from us during portraits. We worked across several locations between first look photos, the venue and outdoor photos and she was extremely gracious and wonderfully laid-back throughout the day.

While i have only seen the sneak peak of the wedding photos, i am confident I am going to love them-which is why i wanted to write my review as soon as i could.

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and enjoyed working with Linda through every step of the process. She is an incredibly organized professional and has such an eye for detail and the natural, candid moments. If you are looking for a photographer, stop right here, you have found the most awesome in all of RVA!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Adriana · Married on 05/21/2017

I honestly couldn't recommend Linda enough. She really made us feel comfortable, and her experience in the field shines through. She handles the whole thing like a total professional (I mean, because she is), but isn't afraid to inject her own wonderful personality in to the day (which I love!). If you want great quality photos without paying an arm and a leg, Linda is the best.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Katie · Married on 04/15/2017

When I got the photos (just 30 days after the wedding, which is great compared to what I've heard some people waiting), it was like I was living through the day all of again. Linda is AMAZING and we will treasure her photos forever. She did such a phenomenal job and was so easy to work with on the day of. She also walked my husband and I through the steps in planning the actual wedding day in a way that was so helpful. She brought up things we hadn't even thought of, and encouraged us to pay more attention to the ceremony than most people do (most just breeze through it quickly). Because of that we were careful in planning a song and our own vows - and it made the experience magical. Linda was great working with us and our six flower kids (boys and girls), and she captured moments that I didn't even realize happened. I could never stop singing her praises!!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Melissa · Married on 04/08/2017

When my now husband, Michael, and I were looking for a wedding photographer, a friend told us "find someone you like because you have to spend the whole day with that person" When we met Linda we knew instantly we wanted the spend our special day with her. Linda has the basics down pat: she takes beautiful pictures, knows what she's doing, and all at a really affordable price. Those things alone would draw anyone to her services. But you will get much more than that with Linda as your photographer. She gave us good advice as we were in the planning stages and she was there for all the details on the big day. I couldn't believe how helpful she was with things that had nothing to do with photographs. It was like she was our day of coordinater too! Linda is amazing at what she does and she feels like a life long friend. More than one person came up to me at our wedding and asked if she was a friend that we had hired to be our photographer. Several guests thought we had been friends with Linda for years. And although we hadn't been friends for years, it definitely felt like it. I could go on and on about how much we loved Linda as our photographer. I am so happy to have met her and now consider her a friend. I am truely happy to be able to look back at one of the happiest days of my life with joy and thankfulness that we chose Linda to capture our day.

Sent on 05/12/2017

Nicole · Married on 11/05/2016

Linda,
    We wish we had the words to say to show you how happy we are with our wedding photos. Your professionalism, contagious personality, and willingness to go above and beyond for your clients is so comforting. We are having the best time looking at our pictures and I could not imagine our day without you. From our engagement shoot, to our wedding, and any future projects, we will have no one else by our side. Thank you for everything!
    Love,
    Hunter & Nicole

Sent on 12/07/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2016

I looked for three things when deciding on a photographer for my wedding: professional experience, reasonable pricing and personality. One look at anyone's portfolio and you can tell if they have experience photographing weddings or not, so that part was easy. As for pricing, I had heard of too many people that went cheap with their photographer and ended up with "bare minimum" pictures or worse, no pictures at all. Then I'd heard of people paying thousands of dollars and having multiple photographers and all the bells and whistles who ended up being disappointed because they couldn't actually enjoy themselves due to the paparazzi-like wedding photographers forcing them to stop and pose every time they turned around. Finally, I wanted someone who made us feel comfortable being ourselves so that that could transfer over into our pictures. After a long search, we found Linda who turned out to be the best combination of the three things we'd been looking for. She not only did an amazing job with our wedding pictures, but had become almost a part of the family on the wedding day. She was there to make sure everything went according to schedule, showed my bridesmaids how to tie my corset-back dress, helped the groomsmen tie their ties, and even bustled my dress after the ceremony. She fit in so well with our group it was really like she was just another fun, helpful guest that happened to be taking pictures. And even with all the help she provided, she didn't miss a single shot or important moment and didn't charge an arm and a leg. We were able to spend our night the way we wanted to, dancing and celebrating with family and friends and she was able to capture amazing pictures of it all without making us stop to pose. We definitely intend to use her as our photographer for any other shoots that may come along and can't thank her enough for the awesome job!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Alexandra · Married on 10/17/2016

Linda is a wonderful photographer, she is very friendly and extremely accommodating. She gave my Husband and I several ideas for our wedding during the planning stages that we wound up incorporating as well as delivering some beautiful Engagement and Wedding Photos.

I do not think another Photographer could have or would have done what she did for us.

Sent on 12/02/2016

sarah · Married on 10/15/2016

We used Linda as our photographer back in October and are so happy that we did! The main reason we chose to use Awesomesauce (formerly Affordable Faces) was because of the price! We shopped around and found that Linda had the best "bang for your buck"! Not only did we save money but we got killer photos. Linda is such a fun person to be around- which is important when she is going to be spending your whole wedding day with you- but yet professional. Not only did we really appreciate having her on our wedding day but we also got compliments from our guests. If I had to go back and do it all over again, I would make the same decision to use Awesomesauce Photography!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Chelsie · Married on 10/08/2016

I wish there were more stars to give because 5 stars just isn't enough for this incredible photographer. Linda is an incredible photographer, she has much experience and it shows in all of her photos. She knows what moments to capture and when and poses and timing, she really knows what she is doing when it comes to taking that perfect picture. I can almost guarantee that no other photographer will go to the lengths that she does to make you happy. We got married when Hurricane Matthew hit last year. She was there with us all day doing whatever she needed to do even with the weather the way it was. She planned our entire day, making sure we were where we needed to be at the right time. I was in a bit of a panic in the beginning because our ceremony was supposed to be outside and she was there comforting me and reassuring me that everything would still work out and be just as beautiful. We had to make the decision to have our ceremony inside the venue and didn't get to take any of the outside photos that we wanted and planned for. There were a few pictures that we did take outside, and Linda was out in the pouring rain and horrific wind just to capture these beautiful moments. After the wedding Linda offered to take us back to our venue to get all of the photos that we didn't get to take. She set aside an entire day just for us to get all of those pictures we wanted outside and she did it just to make us happy. I wouldn't recommend any other photographer. She does great work but on top of that she goes far above and beyond to make you happy, give you what you want and make sure your day goes perfectly. If you want someone that actually cares about you as a customer and makes sure you are satisfied, definitely book her. We booked her right away, and like I said, best decision we made. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 03/24/2017

Brigid · Married on 10/01/2016

Linda was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process. She had a great answers to all of our questions at the first meeting, terrific suggestions about our wedding, and worked so hard to get the shots we wanted. We saw a mural and asked if we could do couples shots there. Linda told us the light wouldn't be very good, but found murals all around town that would look much better. She spent a lot of her own time scouting locations ahead of time to make sure our photos were awesome. At the wedding, she was able to capture all of our guests at our lovely venue. I couldn't ask for a better photographer!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Linda is a very talented photographer. She captured all of our special moments of our wedding day. She ran the show and helped keep me on track of where and what to do when so that my wedding day would run smoothly and be as free as possible. She's got a great personality and was a lot of fun to worth with. I would definitely recommend her to other couples for engagement sessions, as a wedding photographer, or for any other photography needs. She was wonderful.

Sent on 12/05/2016
  • W

warren · Married on 09/10/2016

I would recommend AwesomeSauce Photography to anyone that is in need of an awesome photographer!!

We couldn't be happier with Linda - she went out of her way to make sure our wedding day was a special, memorable moment. Not only did she provide us with great photos that will remind us of the special day all the time, she also went out of her way to help be a day of coordinator and keep our wedding on track.

I would urge everyone to contact Linda for any photography needs in the future - you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Katelyn · Married on 09/03/2016

Linda was absolutely the best choice for our wedding. Not only did we receive beautiful pictures but she was a blast to work with. I highly recommend her and plan to hire her again in the future.

Sent on 12/03/2016

Alyssa · Married on 08/06/2016

I can not say enough about the fabulous job Linda @ Awesomesauce Photography did at my daughter's wedding! From the first contact, she was always responsive to what we were looking for in a photographer and was able to meet personally with me/us several times before the wedding. During the reception, she was flexible and creative making a challenging weather situation result in beautiful photos. She definitely went above and beyond to photograph our event! If you are looking for reasonable rates, a dedicated professional, flexibility, and a beautifully creative eye, then I strongly recommend Awesomesauce Photography.

Sent on 09/25/2016
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/03/2016

Linda was just amazing! The pictures that I got were beautiful and I couldn't have asked for more- but that is not where Linda stops. She helped us with everything: she helped make a timeline for our wedding events and kept everything moving smoothly day of, she helped pin on the boutonnières and had extra bobby pins for the girls, and she even stepped in when my maid of honor spilled dinner on her dress with tide wipes! She will keep you laughing the whole day through all of the last minute stress! Trust me on this one, and book her now!!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Meredith · Married on 06/26/2016

Linda captured all of the little moments and the big in the most perfect way! My family and friends are in love with absolutely every single picture. From the goofiest to the most sincere, Linda recreated my wedding day through pictures that my husband and I will cherish forever.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Elysa · Married on 06/25/2016

Linda is such a friendly and easy going person! She made it very easy for me, the groom, the bridal party, and my guests to feel comfortable at the wedding. She went above and beyond and helped us create a timeline to ensure the best lighting for our outdoor wedding. She was very professional; my guests only had great things to say about her and her work. We got the pictures on a flash drive in a timely manner and I cannot wait to print every single one!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Allison · Married on 06/04/2016

Linda was a fantastic photographer and we're so happy that she did both our engagement shots and wedding!! Not only did she provide the most amazing wedding photos (both online and on a disc sent to us) - I'm going to have a hard time not ordering every photo - but it was a great value as well! She was very responsive through the whole process, got our photos to us on time, and made sure we got every shot we wanted at our wedding. We felt comfortable with her from the very start! I would highly recommend Linda and Awesomesauce Photography for your engagement photos and wedding photos!!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Rachel · Married on 05/15/2016

Linda was so great both prior to the wedding day and on our big day. She answered all of my questions very quickly, and we met around 30 days before our wedding. She helped me make sure we had an organized photo timeline to help the day of go smoothly. On the day of, she helped us to make sure we stayed on schedule, and was sure to get all of our must have photos. She was awesome with our guests too....and would take any photos they asked for. We got two sneak peak photos the very next day; I can't wait to see the rest!!!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Christie · Married on 05/14/2016

Linda was so much fun to work with. She is so sweet and she does a wonderful job. The wedding pictures turned out perfect!

Sent on 06/24/2016