Awesome Party Planners and Catering Reviews

39 | North Myrtle Beach, SC

39 Reviews for Awesome Party Planners and Catering

alexander · Married on 07/09/2011

The services that were provided for us, Alexander and Shelia Owens,on our wedding day were super.The very thing I did not not want to deal with was planning and making arrangments.All I did was make telephone calls to the staff telling them what we wanted and then show up with our families the morning of the wedding.Everything went better than I could ever imagine.Thanks so very much and we may use you all again to renew our vows.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Patrice · Married on 06/25/2011

Garnet at Awesome caterers is awesome my wedding cake was delicious and absolutely gorgeous I did not even want to cut it. Thank you Garnet for our beautiful cake and a chocolate fountain that kept my guest coming back for more! Garnet you are a sweetheart thank you for being so sweet and making my beach wedding awesome! Thanks again Patricen &nErnest Bethea 6/25/11.

Sent on 06/28/2011

SUSAN · Married on 06/04/2011

AWESOME PARTY PLANNER DID MY WEDDING CAKE IT WAS BEAUTIFUL AND DELICIOUS THANKS GARNET YOU ARE GREAT IN WHAT YOU DO!

Sent on 08/02/2011

Dolores · Married on 09/07/2012

The cake topper was not the one we ordered but they took care of it very professionally. Everything else was wonderful.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Victoria · Married on 05/11/2012

Garnet was very accomodating. I planned the wedding from TN and had the reception at the Historic Train Depot. I loved that Awsome Party Planners are one stop planning. I ordered food, table and chair linens, dishes, and a D.J. all in one place. I was a bit nervous about that, but they did an awsome job! May God bless your future business. The guests thought the food was very good and we enjoyed the left overs. Thank you for all your hard work!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Kelli · Married on 12/20/2010

Garnett and her staff are great! She is so friendly and helpful. My wedding is in May 2011 and we are having a beach service. We currently live in North Carolina and about three hours away from Myrtle Beach. We recently drove down to Myrtle Beach to finalize our reception and our menu. Garnett and her husband came in on a Sunday to meet with us since we were coming from out of state. As the bride, I was having a hard time deciding on which cake I wanted. I told her what I wanted and she designed my own cake right there in front of me. Garnett met all of our needs and we stayed below our set budget! I would highly recommend Awesome Party Planners to anyone!
    Kelli

Sent on 12/20/2010

Tina · Married on 10/29/2011

The food was great, the cake was awesome. We were totally impressed.

Sent on 11/05/2011

Michelle · Married on 04/01/2012

3.5

We changed the design a few times and the staff with Awesome Party Planners were always kind and understanding! The cakes were a bit on the expensive side but the value you get is why! The sponge was thick and flavorful, the icing was great and everything you would want in butter-cream icing! We had a red velvet cake with butter-cream icing and cream cheese in between each layer. :) All the guests were impressed at the artistry of the cake. We had a square bottom, a circular middle layer and a heart top layer, they shaved the heart so that it sat upright! We also ordered the grooms man cake from them too which was a tackle box with all the tackle in it and a fish on a plank of wood. Simply AMAZING!!

Sent on 04/20/2012

diane · Married on 09/23/2012

Even though the cake was the wrong flavor, Garnet was wonderful in making us a new small one and new topper for our 1 yr.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Kimberly · Married on 06/10/2011

Very beautiful and great staff to work with!

Sent on 06/15/2011

3.5

Services,reception DJ ,and catering was good.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Don · event on: 08/18/2012

3.8
      3.5

The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly and cordial. My only complaints are that we had ordered mini crab cakes for an appetizer and they were not provided. The staff indicated the crab smelled like it was borderline spoiled, so they chose not to prepare them. I would have thought that this would have been checked prior to arriving on site. I am wondering if I will be reimbursed for the crab cakes I paid for.

We had asked that appetizers be ready at 4:00 and the main meal at 4:30. It was almost 4:45 before any appetizers were ready. Once again, once prepared, the food was delicious.

Sent on 08/20/2012

HI Don,

Yes, we were equally upset about the crab. With working with fresh crab you have to wait until very close to the cooking time to prepare it. It was just too late for me to find a second source. I could not take the chance of serving something inferior to you and your guests. YOU will difinitely will get reimbursed for this item and we will be sending it out today.

Also, in regard to the time frame. I am sure you were aware of the rain that seemed to come down like cats and dogs when in transporting,the unloading and setting up was occurring. I would rather have had everything ready on time I appologize if it caused you upset over this.

I appreciate you having Awesome Party Planners and Catering be apart of your family reunion and if I can help you anytime in the future please feel free to contact me anytime.

Tommy & Connie · Married on 03/26/2011

3.8
      3.5

The catering was great. Food excellent, room looked great, beautiful cake. Our only downfall was the music!! We were very disappointed. We sent a playlist with tons of songs and he hardly played any. We asked him and he said he didn't have the songs. Ok he had over 2 weeks and the songs are all downloadable. For $400.00 this was a ripoff. Also he played 3 line dances in a row there was no flow. Our guests said the same thing. Other then the DJ it was great. But would strongly recommend to our friends and family to use Awesome catering but not their DJ. Honestly he should return half of that money.

Sent on 04/07/2011

Awesome Party Planners and Catering's reply:

I believe that it was just two of the songs that was requested that the DJ was unable to have for the client. And this was from an unexpected clitch in the system. We tried to have all the songs for your event it was with great regret that we did not. As far as the format and the order in which the DJ plays the songs. He not only reads the crowd but utilizes effectively the time frame in which you have established to have your event. Starting with the introduction completing with the last song.

Leslie · Married on 07/08/2014

0.8
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

I would never ever recommend anyone using this catering service for their wedding. I spent months communicating back and forth with the owner and I will say that she did respond to my emails however I was very disappointed with how our big day turned out. The pictures listed on her website look like the food would be delicious, however I was very shocked when I tasted the food, after paying $26 dollars a plate, I was expecting the pork to be amazing, but it tasted like processed pork that you would buy out of a deli. My entire wedding party agreed that for the price, the food was very disappointing. The worst thing that happened, is this owner allows her staff members to sit out front to smoke stinking cigarettes, when this is where all the guest need to walk by, I was going to the chapel to clean out my bridal suite and the wind blew my wedding veil which cost several hundred dollars and it landed into her hand and her cigarette put 5 huge burns and holes into my sentimental veil. No one smokes cigarettes in my family and it was disgusting to smell and now my veil is ruined and as you can imagine, I was devastated by this. I brought this to her attention after returning home and she offered to do nothing to compensate me for what her staff member did to my veil. She also promised to package up all the left over food and didn't do that either. I had ordered 2 sets of bride and groom chocolate covered strawberries, she "forgot" and then I had to request to be refunded for that as well. The DJ services that she offers is extremely over priced and her husband is NOT a professional DJ by no means, he simply sits behind a laptop computer and plays the songs that you request, which anyone with no experience can do. Another $400 dollars wasted in my opinion. He was dressed very poorly too, not professional at all. She also broke all the party favor bottles with star fish that I hand made and asked her to be very careful with. I would NOT use this caterer!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Dear Lesley,

I am so sorry that you were so disappointed with your whole event, and I would have been happy to discuss your issues prior to this, but at the end of the letter, you had asked me not to. So I honored your request and kept silent.

It has been a couple of months since you had your event and I just want to clarify a couple of errors in your memory.

1. Your menu was Herb Baked Chicken and Roasted Turkey. You never mentioned that you wanted Pork in any of your emails.

2. I will take note of you being offended with cigarette's being smoked outside in the smoking section and I have already addressed this with my staff. They totally understand and will from now on use another section of the grounds to smoke. However the incident in which you are referring to your veil be burnt, that happened right in the reception hall as you reached over the memorial candle.

3. The leftovers: There were no leftovers, you ordered 14 Chicken dinners and 13 Turkey dinners @19.95 per person. But just about everyone got servings of both.
    4. Yes, my wonderful husband of 34 years is our DJ and he plays at approximately 100 weddings a year. He makes it look easy but honestly it is not. You have to know your music to know when to play it and get it to work. Honestly I would have never known you were unhappy Lesley. You and your guests were dancing and smiling the whole time.

5. I never broke your favors.

Lesley, I really wanted to make your day a good memory and we really did try to make it right for you. I know your pregnant, which can really mess with our hormones and some days seem really bad. I know you have Fibromyalgia caused by your first baby and that you can not work because of it. I would be scared of having to go through that again. I wish you and Jay many years of happiness and pray that your pregnancy is smooth for you.