151 Reviews for aVow Ceremonies and Services

Presbyterian (2)
Counseling (1)
Evangelical (1)
Methodist (1)

Rick was absolutely amazing!! He was such a pleasure to work with. We were actually recommended to him last minute because we had a problem with our original officiant. Rick knew what to do right away. He had everything so organized and made sure our wedding ceremony went perfectly considering the limited time. My guests had nothing but great things to say about our officiant and how well the ceremony went. They loved what he had to say and thought he did such a good job representing us. I would highly recommend him to be apart of your wedding!!

Profile Picture Maegan, 9/15/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rick was our officiant for our wedding in June of 2018. He was fantastic to work with and helped make our wedding so special! He is very personable, easy to work with, and has great character. Friends of ours recommended Rick to us after having him officiate their wedding in 2017. We attended our friends’ wedding and Rick did an amazing job during their ceremony so we were confident Rick was the right choice for us. We got married at Lago Giuseppe Winery in Templeton and we live in Northern California about 200 miles away. We had an initial meeting with Rick about a year before our wedding and then met with him in person a second time about a month before the wedding. Rick took the time to get to know us and hear our story during that first meeting, and it was also really nice to learn more about his background. The rest of our communication was via email. Distance was definitely not an issue as Rick is a great communicator and always responded promptly. Rick was a great resource and explained everything we needed to know along the way. We love how we were able to customize our ceremony and we felt it was truly unique to us. Rick provided us with many different ceremony components and we were able to select the ones we liked including passages, shared vows, and a symbolic tying of the knot. Rick was awesome on the day of our wedding and our friends and family had such great things to say about our ceremony. We highly recommend Rick and could not have asked for a better wedding experience! Thank you Rick for everything!

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Let me first start with our experience with Rick was A++!

We hosted our destination wedding in SLO, beginning with no local relationships. After reading through a few of Rick's reviews on Wedding Wire I felt confident to setup an in person meeting with him as we were traveling to the area. Our initial meeting with him was great and really put me at ease. He took the time to learn more about each of us as well as our personal story. I knew right after that meeting he was the one for us!

Of all my wedding planning vendors, he definitely made it the most simple and easiest process - when you're juggling a lot of balls, this is incredibly valuable. The execution of our ceremony was flawless and we have Rick to thank for that. My wedding party and guests are literally still raving about him! Trust me when I say that Rick should be your first and only choice!

Profile Picture Donna, 6/29/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious

We had originally wanted to have a friend officiate our wedding for us because we liked the idea of having someone who knew us and our relationship well, but when it came down to it we decided to opt for someone who had more experience. On our first call with Rick, we spoke to him about our decision and he worked with us to make our ceremony feel just as personal as if it was being delivered by a friend. He provided numerous examples of other ceremonies and gave us the tools to piece together something that was unique to us. We cannot say enough good things about Rick and we received so many compliments from guests on the ceremony as well!

Profile Picture Kellie, 6/23/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rick was quick to respond to any questions we had. He was very organized and had a lot of experience and advice to help make our day special. He did a wonderful job and everything went seamless on our wedding day. I highly recommend Rick to help make your big day complete and worry-free.

Profile Picture Jesse, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The most important part of the wedding to us was the ceremony. We are from out of town and knew we wanted an officiant who was Christ centered to marry us with a powerful message. When we met Rick, we instantly knew he was the perfect fit for us. He is extremely professional. He took the time to meet with us several times over coffee to prepare our “love” message we wanted to convey to our guests. We also incorporated scripture reading given by our siblings and a symbolic sand ceremony. He helped us develop the entire ceremony from start to finish, providing us material and adding his expertise to ensure it flowed smoothly. He also was part of our rehearsal, providing our coordinator & DJ valuable input to the ceremony. During the ceremony I felt like time stood still as I felt every word he spoke. Thank you Rick for making the most important part of our wedding day truly unforgettable. I highly recommend Rick as your officiant!

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/16/19, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Rehearsal, Single Religion, Evangelical, No Denomination, Presbyterian, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling

If you are looking for an officiant Rick Comstock is your guy!

My original plan was to elope but then a few family members wanted to be there so we decided to plan something very tiny. We knew what day we wanted (June 10, 2018) and it was the beginning of May so we had 6 weeks to plan. One issue I found was some officiants didn’t work on Sunday’s. Well, that’s what we needed. I emailed him and he responded quickly. From the moment I contacted Rick we knew he was our guy. We then spoke over the telephone and after that my husband and I were sold!

Both my husband and I have been married before. However, he had a friend marry him and I went to the court house. I’ll be honest in saying I didn’t realize how important picking the “right” officiant was but let me tell you it is VERY important. Because our wedding was so small and because we both had been married before we knew how we wanted it and Rick listened and DELIVERED!

Our family members are still talking about our wedding, actually, they are talking about Rick ;)

He did an amazing job. Our wedding, though it was tiny, was so perfect and intimate because of him!

Profile Picture Dana , 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick is an amazing officiant. Contacting Rick was easy and he was able to get back to us promptly. Even though we were from out of town, Rick was able to accommodate us for a meet and greet session. Rick had a lot of great info to offer not just for officiating, but for wedding advice in general. We felt no pressure when It came time to decide, but it was easy to see after meeting with Rick, he was the best choice for us. He has a lot of experience officiating weddings and his extensive background made him an excellent choice. We were able to tell right away after our meeting that Rick really enjoys what he does and loves meeting new couples.
We shared our love story with Rick and also some unique details which aided him in crafting a very unique ceremony. Everybody from friends to family said they really enjoyed the wedding ceremony due to Rick's hand crafted story and readings and some even said it was the best part of the entire wedding. The ceremony was unique but still kept with the ideas of the meaning and importance of a wedding celebration.
We would definitely recommend Rick because not only are his services one of a kind, but he is an excellent speaker whose voice, energy, and speaking style held and kept the attention of all of our guests. He is professional and respectful and it was a delight to have him as he was one of the key highlights to our incredible wedding.

Profile Picture Eric, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We cant talk more highly about Rick. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! Rick took the time to listen/read "our love story," and did a beautiful job in putting into words "our story." Our ceremony and his words were the highlight of our day. He was kind, punctual, professional and not to mention stylish. :) Thank you Rick for being a crucial part in our big day, and for contributing the words that made everyone smile.

Profile Picture Katerina, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

WOW! I am so glad that we went with Rick Comstock at aVow Ceremonies for our wedding ceremony on Sunday May 20, 2018. I saw some friends this past weekend that were at our wedding and they asked me, "Was the officiant someone you knew personally?" I responded that we didn't know Rick until I found him on Wedding Wire, why? They said "Because he put so much heart into the ceremony and his message, we thought he was a good friend of yours!"
It couldn't be more true.
When researching who would marry us we knew we wanted someone professional, someone that could deliver a message that would resonate with us and our guests. When I saw a video on his website the "Blessing of the Hands" I was in tears and knew we found our officiant.
My first conversation I had with Rick I felt like I was chatting with an old friend. Rick is professional and really gets to know you as a couple and what you want out of your wedding ceremony.
I told him that my husband and I wanted to be truly present that day and I felt like because of Rick's message and delivery, he really allowed us to be focused on each other while giving our vows. I remember the ceremony so vividly.
Rick provided us with so much material for the ceremony that we were able to pick and choose what we wanted to have for our message and add in some of our own words. Even though we didn't write or recite our own vows (to our own wishes) it felt like we were saying and hearing the words straight from our hearts.
Rick was a true professional. He arrived right on time for our Saturday rehearsal the day before (even when coming straight from another wedding). We requested an unplugged ceremony and we have 0 pictures from the ceremony so he really helped us enforce that!!
Rick, thank you for everything, you will always hold a special place in our hearts for being the one who married us!

Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - Rick conducting our rehearsal
Profile Picture Caitlyn, 5/20/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Rehearsal, Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

I knew from the moment I talked to Rick and reviewed his work that I wanted him to be part of our wedding. He is very professional and provides a lot of feedback and suggestions regarding the ceremony. I wanted our ceremony to be meaningful and unique and he was able to provide us all of that and more! I am still receiving compliments from my guests regarding the ceremony and Rick. Thank you Rick for making our day special!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

'Thank you so much Rick for our amazing, one of a kind wedding ceremony. We both loved it so much. Every one of our guests were in shock and awe during the ceremony and loved every second. They all thought we had known each other for years the way you seamlessly described our relationship. We loved re-reading the ceremony together when we were back home. We also absolutely loved the opportunity to read each other's stories and see how each other felt from early on in the relationship. I feel like we grew even closer after reading stories; which seems unlikely, but it's true. So than you for that. Thank you for being so awesome and flexible to work with leasing up top our special day. You were an amazing officiant and you were the perfect fit for us; as you understood our sense of humor and our sarcasm. So thank you so much for keeping it to close to ur unique personalities. You were GREAT!
Sincerely, Brett & Lindsay Rancadore.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We found Rick on our Venues preferred vendor list. A quick rule of thumb; whenever a venue has a preferred vendor on their list, use them! we used Rick, who had awesome communication, knowledge, ideas, and was very smooth. Rick was punctual and precise for every detail for our wedding. He made sure everyone was ready and in place, and the whole ceremony went smoothly. He also worked with us to give exactly what we wanted in the way verbiage for the ceremony. Rick even went as far as to matching the groom's tux. All in all, Rick was amazing, and anyone booking him for their special day will not be disappointed one bit. I highly recommend Rick for any wedding ceremony, he will truly make your day a special one.

Profile Picture Matt, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Licensed, Non-religious

Rick was amazing! We are about two hours away from each other but Rick met us halfway to have an introductory lunch. A few weeks before the wedding I gave him a few key things to include in our ceremony and he wrote up a first draft within a few days! There were a few things we weren't 100% in love with so he worked with us until our ceremony was perfect. The day of the wedding, he arrived early to meet with the groom and groomsmen to go over everything. When it came time, the ceremony itself went so smoothly. Rick is extremely professional and at the same time, effortlessly cool. All my guests loved his tone and the nice touches he added to our day. I am so grateful we found Rick and would recommend everyone to have a meet and greet with him! Thank you again Rick! - The Aftabs

Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - He included our son in the prayer. Such a special moment.
Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/10/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Rick did a great job officiating our wedding! Everyone loved him! He is so genuine and was the perfect combination of professional yet approachable and accommodating. We got to meet with him a couple times before our ceremony to chat, which was really nice. He also really helped us with ceremony ideas when we weren't sure about where to start! My husband and myself both highly recommend Rick!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was the perfect fit to be the officiant at our wedding. My husband doesn't like public speaking and wanted the ceremony to be short and sweet. I, however, wanted it to be a bit more lengthy and meaningful. Rick was able to combine what both of us wanted into a 20 minute or so ceremony that included our favorite personal touch, the story of how we first met. Rick asked each of us for our version of the story, then created it and with our permission saved it as a surprise so we heard it for the first time during the ceremony. It was the perfect combination of humor and sentiment. We received many compliments from guests on how personal the ceremony was and yet not painfully long. Rick is kind and the utmost professional and you won't be disappointed having him officiate your wedding.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/28/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rick was the cherry on top of our wedding. In the lead up, he was incredibly helpful and responsive (despite us being on the other side of the world!) We didn't meet Rick until our rehearsal and found him very genuine, reassuring and professional. Our ceremony was intimate (with only ourselves and four friends) and Rick tailored his delivery and approach to suit this kind of environment. It was truly beautiful. We will never forget the contribution Rick made to our special day and cannot recommend him enough.

Profile Picture Courtney, 4/25/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows

Rick, we can't thank you enough for all that you did to help make our ceremony so special. From our first phone conversation, to all the suggestions for ceremony ideas, we felt confident that you would walk us through every detail of our wedding day...and you did! Your professionalism and experience helped reduce the nerves and keep us calm and focused on enjoying the ceremony. Your contribution to our wedding truly made it a joyous celebration for us, as well as our guests! Paula and RJ Fabbian

Profile Picture Paula, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Wow! Rick was everything we had hoped for! Helped us all the way till the ceremony. Very responsive and a pleasure to have had him officiate our ceremony.

Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - Blessing of the hands!
Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - Happy couple!
Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - End of ceremony!! Mr & Mrs!
Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - Sand ceremony 😍
Profile Picture Candy, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I had the pleasure of photographing a wedding in which Rick was the officiant at the beautiful Dolphin Bay Resort in Pismo Beach. It was a stunning location with one of the sweetest couples that I have had the pleasure to work with - their lovestory was one that I will never forget. With that being said, Rick's ability to create a ceremony that truly spoke to and highlighted this special lovestory was extraordinary. He is truly a professional with an obvious love for what he does in bringing two people together in the most sacred bond possible...marriage. I would definitely highly recommend Rick to any of my couples who are looking for an officiant who can provide a meaningful, heart wrenching and fun ceremony that captures the essence of love and the true importance of a marriage as the foundation for a fulfilling life. With Rick, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick did a wonderful job conducting our wedding ceremony! We received so many compliments from the guests on how well the ceremony/vows went. He took the time to really get to know our story and conveyed that during the ceremony. We highly recommend Rick!!

Profile Picture Kevin, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Wow! Rick was absolutely amazing to us. Every email was replied to right away with suggestions on how to make the ceremony reading better. We met for coffee and he was just incredible. We have a 'complicated' family and he gave us some great ideas to include 'this person or that person' so nobody was left out. He came to rehearsal and walked everyone through on what to do (which wasn't easy, lol). He showed up to the wedding looking so great, matching the wedding party and he did an amazing job. We could not have asked for any better! Thank you Rick!!

Profile Picture Traci, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, No Denomination

I can't say enough wonderful things about Rick and aVow Ceremonies. He stayed in contact with us throughout the planning stages right up until the day of the ceremony. He created a personal ceremony for my fiancée and I and EVERY person in attendance raved about what a wonderful, touching, funny (our preference) ceremony it was. I cannot thank Rick enough for making our day so special. We highly recommend him.
- Carolyn and Felix Hernandez

Profile Picture Caroly, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was absolutely amazing! We found him a month or two before the wedding and he was quick to meet us and get to know us. I would most defiantly recommend Rick for your special day. Glad we did! Cheers!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews