130 Reviews for aVow Ceremonies and Services

Interfaith Ceremony (3)
Agnostic (3)
Single Religion (2)
Methodist (1)

Wow! Rick was everything we had hoped for! Helped us all the way till the ceremony. Very responsive and a pleasure to have had him officiate our ceremony.

Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - Blessing of the hands!
Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - Happy couple!
Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - End of ceremony!! Mr & Mrs!
Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - Sand ceremony 😍
Profile Picture Candy, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick did a wonderful job conducting our wedding ceremony! We received so many compliments from the guests on how well the ceremony/vows went. He took the time to really get to know our story and conveyed that during the ceremony. We highly recommend Rick!!

Profile Picture Kevin, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Wow! Rick was absolutely amazing to us. Every email was replied to right away with suggestions on how to make the ceremony reading better. We met for coffee and he was just incredible. We have a 'complicated' family and he gave us some great ideas to include 'this person or that person' so nobody was left out. He came to rehearsal and walked everyone through on what to do (which wasn't easy, lol). He showed up to the wedding looking so great, matching the wedding party and he did an amazing job. We could not have asked for any better! Thank you Rick!!

Profile Picture Traci, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, No Denomination

I can't say enough wonderful things about Rick and aVow Ceremonies. He stayed in contact with us throughout the planning stages right up until the day of the ceremony. He created a personal ceremony for my fiancée and I and EVERY person in attendance raved about what a wonderful, touching, funny (our preference) ceremony it was. I cannot thank Rick enough for making our day so special. We highly recommend him.
- Carolyn and Felix Hernandez

Profile Picture Caroly, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was absolutely amazing! We found him a month or two before the wedding and he was quick to meet us and get to know us. I would most defiantly recommend Rick for your special day. Glad we did! Cheers!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Agnostic

Rick was a joy to work with! We had some special elements to our ceremony and he made sure that the proper emphasis was put on them and that it could truly be uniquely our ceremony.
He spent time getting to know us, and making sure that our personalities as well as our story was told through our ceremony. He was a joy to work with and I could not be happier with the decision we made to use Avow Ceremonies for our wedding!

Profile Picture Cindy, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rick executed an amazing ceremony for us! Very professional, very warm, and very personable! Many comments from our guests on how much love they felt throughout the whole ceremony! Thank you so much Rick for making our day so perfect!!!

Profile Picture Jay, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We found Rick through WeddingWire and we were deeply impressed by his professionalism, sincerity, and desire to get to know us to personalize our ceremony accordingly. It sounds funny but he even had the fortitude to step to the side on occasion during our ceremony to give the photographer opportunities to capture just us. My husband guessed (correctly) that my shy nature would lead to me getting nervous during our cermony. This left Rick with the bulk of the laboring oar, trying to capture our personalities without us personalizing our vows (or me getting up there and freezing, let's be honest). Rick did a phenomenal job of capturing the essence of our relationship, the importance of our blended and extended family, and provided sentiment, humor, and honor to this milestone that begins our life together in a thoughtful and unforgettable ceremony. He even through in a few equine related references (much appreciated by me as a lifelong equestrian and by my husband who started taking lessons and getting into the sport about a year after we started dating).

Profile Picture Kristin, 9/30/17, 14 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rick was such a pleasure to work with and made our ceremony so memorable. I've lost track of the people who have told me how special our ceremony was - they were surprised Rick wasn't an old friend who had known us for years. He has a way about him that is calming which is such an asset on your wedding day. I have already recommended Rick to our friends who are getting married in 2018 and would recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant who wants to go above and beyond to make your wedding day special.

Profile Picture Heather, 9/30/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

My husband and I were getting married up in Atascadero, which was 5 hours north from where we lived so meeting with out venders face to face was slim to none. Even though we never met in person prior to the rehearsal Rick did an amazing job putting together our ideal ceremony. He got to know us by asking all the right questions and sent over several ceremony drafts for us to go over. This really helped because it is sometimes hard wanting to fit everything you want into a quick 20 minute ceremony. Rick put together a ceremony that flowed nicely and hit every point we wanted. He was a delightful man and dressed very dapper for our wedding :)

Overall we are 100% happy that we went with Rick and aVow Ceremonies!

Thanks again Rick!!!!! You Rock!

Profile Picture Ashton, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Rick was an UNBELIEVABLE wedding officiant for our big day this September! From our first phone call, I knew he loved his line of work because I could feel his energy and enthusiasm. Rick was great at staying in touch as we got closer to our wedding date, and was always quick and precise with follow up. He allowed us and encouraged us to make our ceremony our own, but the best part was how Rick wove our ideas into his masterpiece; the actual ceremony. Rick instilled our ceremony with romance, laughter and so much more and I would highly recommend Rick for any couple looking for the best!

Profile Picture kyle, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick did the Most Wonderful job with our wedding ceremony. We had a destination wedding so we had to correspond with Rick by e-mail and phone. He was quick to respond to our questions and he did an excellent job giving us direction and guidance for our ceremony. He was open to our requests and found the perfect way to fit our special needs (traditional and non-traditional elements) into our ceremony. He is very detail oriented and aware which is FANTASTIC, What I mean by that is he wanted to make sure he dressed in the similar manner to blend with the gentlemen and he was always aware of the big photo moments during the ceremony and stepped to the side you we got the images without him in the background. Those little details are so important and we would never have thought about them but he did!! Also, he was prompt, patient and his voice, tone and delivery of the ceremony was perfect. We would HIGHLY recommend Rick to anyone looking for an officiant.

Photo for aVow Ceremonies and Services Review - See he sneaks to the right behind the Best Man! :)
Profile Picture Kelly, 9/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rick was great! He really made a connection with my daughter and son in law for their ceremony.

Profile Picture Shannon, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rick was responsive, easy to work with, and a great value. We particularly love that he made a point to step away from our podium during the ceremony to ensure photos of just my husband and I. Thanks, Rick!

Profile Picture Morgan, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious, Agnostic, No Denomination

Rick was truly amazing to work with on our wedding. My wife and I had our initial phone call with him several months before our wedding and began planning our vows in earnest a couple of weeks before the ceremony. After speaking with us and understanding our personalities and what we were looking for with our vows, Rick was very receptive in setting the tone, pace and delivery of the ceremony. He was very engaging throughout the entire process and was able to synthesize both of our love stories into one beautiful piece taking elements from both of ours as well as weaving in some of the funnier and lighter moments. My wife and I were married at a vineyard in Paso Robles and after our ceremony, I was told multiple times that Rick did a fantastic job in capturing us as a couple. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant than Rick and we highly recommend aVow Ceremonies. We will forever remember our ceremony and we have Rick to thank for that. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Brian, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We hired Rick to be our officiant of our wedding that was being held at Ragged Point Inn in California and we couldn't have picked a better man. From the first email to the last he was always very quick to respond and made sure he got every detail he could about my fiancé and I so he would be able to put together a personal ceremony. Very accommodating with all of our needs we were asking for. Even my photographer and family said that Rick did an amazing job! He told our story but off to the side of us so that our photographer could photograph just us two without anybody else in the picture. Overall a great outcome and I highly recommend aVow Ceremonies & services to anybody looking for an officiant. Thank you!

Profile Picture Crystina, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

There aren't enough superlatives to describe Rick and you really don't comprehend how much having a great officiant affects your ceremony. My husband and I got married over the weekend, and we can honestly say that our ceremony may have been the top highlight of our entire wedding. Rick was calm from moment one, which made our wedding party calm, which made us calm. He read our special readings with care and such planning. He really made it a point to emphasize the parts that meant the most to us, all of which my husband who was crying like a baby even noticed. He had the entire wedding crying like babies!

We love you Rick!!

Profile Picture Melody, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was an amazing officiant! We were looking for a really meaningful and personalized non-religious ceremony, and he definitely delivered. He listened to us and who we are so that our personalities really came across in his words. His pacing and delivery were perfect and even made me cry at times that I did not expect (like during the readings that I had read a million times). I especially liked the "our story" section that he wrote himself. We just gave him the info and didn't know what to expect, but he put it all together in a way that was both sentimental and hilarious (which suits our style). Our guests even commented on how the ceremony was the best they've seen and a perfect reflection of us as a couple. I couldn't have asked for a better officiant! Thanks Rick!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/5/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Rick,
I wanted to thank you again for the amazing ceremony you gave us yesterday. Everything was so perfect. You are such an incredible officiant. No wonder you come so highly recommended. You think of the small details and you are such a professional! Everyone was so impressed by you. Thank you sooooo much for making the trip to Santa Barbara! I hope you have a wonderful vacation. I will definitely recommend you to everyone!
Warmly,
Ashley & Shaun

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was absolutely amazing in every way! He provided the right amount of information to help us create our ceremony without being overwhelming. He was open, kind, genuine, all while being professional and responsive. His cadence while officiating is one of a kind. I received SEVERAL positive comments on how well her officiated our ceremony, some saying that they have never seen a ceremony done so well and they were brought to tears. I was nervous to pick an officiant..to choose a stranger to marry us. But Rick made us comfortable and made the process so easy. He was always on time and available. And even handled the marriage license the day of without ever bothering my husband or I. He handled the mailing of it and everything perfectly. He's the best! Thank you, Rick!

Profile Picture Milena, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rick was an absolutely amazing officiant for our wedding. We are so grateful for his services, he made our day even more magical than we could have imagined. We highly recommend his services, professional, friendly, open, honest, and really took the time to discuss how we wanted our ceremony to flow. Thanks Rick!! You are the best!!

Profile Picture Matthew, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Michael and I were so happy we found Rick to officiate the biggest day of our lives and our dream come true. We knew right away when we first spoke to Rick over the phone. He was very warm and patient. He took time to get to know us and made us feel comfortable, especially in discussing each step of the ceremony and how it will all layout during the wedding. He gave us lots of helpful tips such as examples of wedding vows and symbolisms that we can incorporate to our wedding ceremony. Needless to say, Rick made a beautiful wedding ceremony for us that our guests kept on complimenting us on. He conducted our wedding in the most professional and yet friendly and warm manner. We highly recommend Rick to all couples looking for someone to officiate their wedding.

Profile Picture Michael Joseph, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had no idea where to start with an officiant for our wedding. We started with an email, then spoke on the phone and then met him in person. Rick put us at ease and provided just the right amount of guidance. He listened to what we wanted and provided much more. All of our guests kept commenting on the professionalism and personal touches Rick added to the ceremony. The day was perfect!

Profile Picture Sandra, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was fantastic! Helpful planning our ceremony all the way to filing our license afterwards!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews