Avila Golf and Country Club Reviews

32 | Tampa, FL

32 Reviews for Avila Golf and Country Club

Farith · Married on 10/25/2008

IF you want a Cinderella Wedding Ceremony, this is the place to have it. Gorgeous elegant setting with beautiful views inside and out located in an upscale premier Tampa gated community, overlooking a state of the art golf course. Their catering services were superb! The food was delicious! They met every bit of our expectations. Mary Ann Casle is by far one of the nicest persons you can meet and deal with. One cannot say enough good things about this location, and the people that work there! They will bend over backwards to make your experience the best it can possibly be!

Sent on 05/26/2009

Lindsay · Married on 10/10/2015

I recently had my wedding and reception at Avila on 10/10/15. It was the first and only venue we visited because it was that beatiful!!! Gorgeous old world elegance down to every last detail. Isabel and the staff at Avila were wonderful! Very responsive to the tons of questions we asked. I had a few last minute issues come up and she was very accommodating. The food was AMAZING!!!! I even had a guest who is strict gluten free and her and the chef were able to accommodate her meal for her without any issues. Isabel worked extremely well with my planner to make sure my day went off without a hitch!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Brad · Married on 10/31/2009

This was a wonderful venue. The staff was great. The food was about a 6.5 out of 10, BUT most wedding venues are probably going to be like this. We opted for chicken annd shrimp so it was on the lower end of the totem pole.

Overall, wonderful experience, and I highly recommend it. The dance floor and ambiance is wonderful!

Jared & MaryAnne are great to work with.

Sent on 02/27/2010

Lina · Married on 12/19/2008

Avila could not have been a better place to have our wedding (ceremony and reception). Gerod and Mary Anne are exceptional people and go above and beyond to do whatever it takes to make the event spectacular. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the place was as well as the services

Sent on 12/31/2008

Angelica · Married on 03/04/2011

I used Avila for my ceremony and reception and overall I was very happy! I worked with Mary Anne a lot at first, and more with Robin at the end. The location is very beautiful! I did throw in a twist with my wedding in that we had an outside ceremony so it made some things harder to work with because it wasn't something they typically do. The little glitch we had is that times were not specified in the contract and the day before the wedding we had an issue, but it worked out. So make sure the details are written out in the contract.
    Robin was a huge help the day of my wedding, and before, and she did everything thing she could to help out - even little things I didn't catch (like adjust my train right before I walked down the aisle).
    Bob, the food manager, was also exceptional and he went above and beyond the food portion. I felt very comfortable with him and the food was amazing. He even helped us get a great photo opportunity after the ceremony. Thank Bob! :)
    Our wedding day was definitely memorable there and I thank them all for all they did!

Sent on 05/20/2011

Claire · Married on 05/14/2011

3.5

After looking at almost every venue in the greater Tampa Bay and Orlando areas, we selected Avila for its Old World elegance, which perfectly matched our theme and style. The country club is stunning, so you won't need to spend a fortune bringing in decor and lighting. We were pleasantly surprised by the world-class service and attention to detail as well as the delicious food. Best of all, the club is located on a beautiful golf course and outdoor setting--our pictures are breathtaking! The club does a lot of events, so responsiveness and flexibility could have been higher. However, on the day of the wedding, Brian proactively took care of the details and quickly responded to anything we needed.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Leigh · Married on 03/30/2013

1.6
      1.0
      2.5
      3.0
      1.0
      0.5

Once our date was secured with a deposit the customer service we received from Isabel was lacking. She tried to require us to order chairs after we were told we could use the Avila chairs. Then she told us we were liable, if chairs scratched the dance floor. She was also not considerate regarding allergies. She did not offer to do anything about the latex gloves the kitchen uses, nor did she want to accommodate a shellfish allergy. As for the assistant manager Brian- we did not feel welcomed or even respected by him. He scoffed at the idea of serving salt and pepper with dinner or champagne to our guests (even with an open bar) –he informed us that he only had 4 bottles on hand! Brian also shared very personal information about himself with our guests and vendors (things no one wants to hear at a wedding). Brian had 1 person setting up for the wedding, when asked why he said that we paid for the wedding planner and we should “get our money out of her and put her to work”. Then Avila did not return our cake stand. It took us 2 visits and 3 days to retrieve the cake stand. No one apologized for the inconvenience. Other not so fun facts- our guests were served blueberry muffins when they ran out of dinner rolls, guests plates were taken when they got up, empty chairs were being served meals, the groom’s meal was taken after he told the server he was coming right back to finish eating, guests also mentioned that their shrimp were small/not jumbo, the cake was only served to guests that were in a chairs (which caused us to take 6 boxes of cake home that was wasted), about 15 Avila employees showed up around 10:30pm to prepare the room for the event the next day- when the space was reserved solely for our event until midnight, they touched our wedding party’s personal things upstairs as a result many things were lost (shoes, toiletries, clothing, wedding items, etc.). I would not recommend this place for your wedding due to the poor quality of customer service.

Sent on 04/06/2013