Avid Events Reviews

23 | Orangevale, CA

23 Reviews for Avid Events

Talk about creating an amazing ambience…. Heather at Avid Events did not skip a beat when coming to my rescue the month before my wedding. I have always envisioned the way I wanted my wedding day to be, but I may have been in a little over my head when trying to actually bring it to fruition. Heather, Tamara the rest of the team took every idea I had and executed it with such precision and beauty. I will never be able to thank them enough for starting my happily-ever-after off in style!
    ~Charlene S.

Lindsey · Married on 09/27/2015

Alexis, working with Tamara, turned my dream wedding in to a reality! I had spent several months planning my wedding DIY's thinking I could pull off my big day without any help. Who was I kidding?!? About a month or so out I had a gut feeling I wouldn't be able to SMOOTHLY accomplish my vision alone. Thankfully I landed in the hands of Avid Events and I am so grateful!! They were able to pick up the pieces in such a short amount of time, making our wedding truly flawless! They are AMAZING planners!

Tamara is amazing! She showed up the day before our wedding and pulled off the most amazing, beautiful set up for the ceremony and the reception. She was not only helpful but also extremely conscious of what MY idea wedding was and made sure to run every decision by me first....and every suggestion of hers was used! She honestly made my dream wedding come true! The room looked unbelievable and I am getting compliments still to this day on how truly magical the place looked! She has that "magic touch" that brings dreams to life! I can't thank her enough and will definitely use Avid Events in future occassions/events/parties.

Heather · Married on 08/29/2015

Jason Doverspike from Avid Events saved my life on my Wedding day! I couldn't ask for a better planner & team. He knew exactly what I wanted and made it happen!! I would absolutely hire Avid for my upcoming events & recommend them to all my friends and family!!

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2015

Planning a wedding is a challenge. Planning a destination wedding is even harder! Tamara made it easy and stress free (as possible). She made our dream wedding come true. I really appreciated that Tamara was a realist. I can't stand people that just say yes and ultimately you get let down because it just wasn't possible. I knew exactly what to expect on the wedding day and felt completely calm and at ease. Her whole team was incredible. Thank you so much for the best day of our lives!!

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2014

Robyn Baltuch has a lot of wedding planning experience under her belt. She is very accessible – she texts, calls, emails – all modes of communication work for her. She is super nice and attentive, yet she can get tough when that is needed (and yes, there will be times when it is needed like the day of your wedding when guests – including parents and siblings - try to modify your carefully planned wedding party). Robyn is very organized and has worksheets, timelines, etc. that she is continuously preparing and updating; her reliability and trustworthiness allowed us to worry less and to enjoy more. It was great. When we met with her closer to the wedding we were pleasantly surprised she had made additional in-person visits to our vendors to make sure they are getting ready for our big day and understand the plan. On the actual day of the wedding, she executed perfectly – not only were we so happy with her work, numerous guests commented to us that your wedding planner is awesome. Finally, for the wedding day Robyn brought her team to assist – they were rock stars (we were so grateful to them for their fantastic, caring and attentive attitudes).

Robyn was highly recommended to us by our hotel. Throughout the planning process, when we spoke with vendors they were constantly telling us we are in great hands when they learned we were working with Robyn. She gave us many options to look at in choosing vendors and helped us negotiate the contracts. One huge benefit we felt we gained by working with Robyn is that, unlike the many horror stories you hear from other brides/grooms of vendors not bringing the flowers/food/décor, etc. that you sampled and agreed to and many times cheapening out with the final product, we did not experience any of these kinds of issues; seems like the vendors didn’t want to burn bridges with Robyn and the possibility of repeat business so they delivered as promised and in the timeline that was promised.

Patricia · Married on 03/23/2013

During the 15 months we worked with Robyn Baltuch, her attention to detail and communication skills were exemplary. With the long-distance logistics involved, this could easily have been a less-sterling affair. As it turned out, my daughter and her fiancee got the wedding of their dreams, and my husband and I had a great time at a terrific party. Bravo, Robyn!

Michelle · Married on 10/20/2012

Tamara and Robyn are the most wonderful to work with. Made my dream wedding come alive. Love them!

Jessi · Married on 04/21/2012

Being in the industry myself, I knew that I wanted to hire a planner to assist with "month and day of" wedding planning services. Though I pretty much had everything planned when I hired Tamara, it truly took such a huge weight off my shoulders during the last days of crunch time, knowing that I could rely on Tamara and her team to take care of the things that I didn't want to have to worry about during my special day. She came highly recommended, and I couldn't have been happier with the services. Brucey was assigned as my personal day of butler, and he was incredible, ensuring that everything that I needed was there for me when I needed it. I would highly recommend hiring TC Events, whether it be for just the month of services or to assist with planning the entire event from start to finish!

Geoff · Married on 11/05/2011

Tamara Cohen gets things done. We hired her company approximately 30 days before our wedding and she took over immediately. She had a can-do attitude no matter what we requested and took care of all last minute details. On our wedding day, she showed up with a team of 3 others and organized everything so that we could simply enjoy our wedding. Our venue was difficult to deal with in the wedding planning but Tamara adeptly handled them and was able to fulfill all of our desires in spite of this. My only regret was that we did not hire her earlier in our wedding planning process. Highly recommend her and her company; will definitely use her again for any event we plan.

• Bejal

Bejal · Married on 04/30/2011

We hired Tamara Cohen for a one-month out coordination package for our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with her services! She went above and beyond and made sure our wedding was just perfect. She was extremely professional, organized, and very reliable. Tamara also brought excellent staff members to help on the day of the wedding. Her prices were very reasonable and I would highly recommend her to any other bride, especially when planning a destination wedding.

Kelly · Married on 01/22/2011

We actually found Tamara after referring to Wedding Wire and Style Me Pretty; she was on each sites' preferred vendor list so I ventured to at least meet with her. I realized that she had planned a Platinum wedding and thought that if she was good enough for Platinum weddings, she'd be good enough for me.

After meeting with 2 other planners at the time (and being in the nonprofit world and knowing a thing or two about events), my mother and I met with her at her studio. Her studio displayed tons of samples and ideas of weddings she's done in the past. The best is when she sits you in front of the 40" inch TV and showcases all of the amazing weddings she's done. My mother was hooked by her knowledge of the industry, expertise, incredible ideas and the entire experience of her studio.

She has a wealth of contacts which helps you on negotiating deals/prices. She's extremely responsive and very on top of her game. Yet the BEST part of the experience was the day of service. She brings an entire team to help facilitate the day. From your own "personal butler" that is with the bride all day to make sure if you need ANYTHING, to how smoothly the entire wedding ran, that is worth every penny for peace and tranquility on your wedding day. She impressed my parents and that is hard to do!

We HIGHLY recommend as she is probably the best in South Florida!

lauren · Married on 07/31/2010

Absolutely terrific, wonderful service. Highly recommended.

Maria · Married on 06/26/2010

Robyn was great! Amazing service, They were on top of everything. Highly recommended. All the vendors they had for us were perfect in every way. Will definitely tell all my friends and family to use them for all their events.

Monica · Married on 04/11/2009

Tamara and Robyn just helped me plan my incredibly perfect wedding at the Palms in Miami Beach. It was gorgeous. Every single one of my guests told me it was the prettiest wedding they had ever been to and that everything was perfect. I completely agree and owe it all to TC Event Design. They were so much fun to work with and what I liked most of all they were straight shooters on everything from the get-go. From budget to telling me what I could and could not afford to what was going to be the best bang for the buck. I wish I could post pictures so everyone could see how great it turned out. I will thankful to them forever for creating my perfect magical day!

Erin · Married on 03/08/2009

VERY happy with service I received. Highly recommend Tamara and her staff. She helped with everything from A to Z and we now consider her part of the family

Angela · Married on 02/21/2009

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Tamara and her team. She is truly family after our experience having her help plan my wedding. My wedding was GORGEOUS. She had so many great ideas to bring to the table and so many things that made the wedding run so much more efficiently. She has a background in food and we are complete foodies. She directed us to the most amazing caterer ever that put together a full 5 course wine pairing meal for us. I should copy and paste the menus it is sure to make everyone drool. She was just a good time and I love hanging out with her. When iw as researching I asked for some referrals and she gave me a huge list and everyone on the list raved. This was my deciding factor. I hope she uses me for a referral person as well because I just can't say enough good things. She was slighly more expensive than some of the other planners we looked at but in my opinion worth every penny.

Shelly · Married on 01/17/2009

I am a fairly busy professional. My family and friends expected a grand wedding and I honestly did not have the time or inclination. Tamara and her staff made it not only fun but also helped me out so much by cutting out the time needed for contracts, timelines, talkign to vendors. And the day of the wedding it was a dream come true. It was still my dream, but without all the time needed on my side. For working professionals like myself do yourselves a favor and hire Tamara, really great choice!

Robin · Married on 12/26/2008

Worth every penny. Tamara made my dreams come true for my fairytale wedding. The pictures were gorgeous and I can't say enough good things!

Jennifer · Married on 11/09/2008

Thank you SO MUCH for the most beautiful wedding ever!! We've had so many people come to us and tell us it was the best, most beautiful, most amazing wedding they'd ever seen. Working with Tamara has been such a joy. Having Robyn there the weekend of the wedding was so helpful--she's so much fun and really a fantastic person!
    Tamara-your tireless work and great ideas were essential to our big day. I'm so glad you were there to help out and to calm me down when situations arose!
    Bruce-I came to you with a vague idea of the flower scheme, and you gave us the most incredible room with beautiful flowers and a gorgeous cake!!
    I literally COULD NOT have done this without you. Thank you for helping to make our wedding so special and memorable. We will miss you and will forever recommend you!!

Lori · Married on 11/08/2008

TC Event Design did a great job with my wedding. Tamara was a fantastic wedding planner. She took care of all the details. Her florist, Bruce, was AMAZING! He came up with a floral plan that was beautiful and exactly what I wanted. They were both a blast to work with!

Rosany · Married on 05/31/2008

Just wanted to say Thanks for your time and effort. Everything was beautiful.!!

Tony and I were so happy with everything. Thank you for making everything as special as we hoped it could be and we can’t wait to see the pictures

Thanks again...!

Michelle · Married on 02/27/2008

I just wanted to thank you for everything. The wedding was one of the best days of our lives. Emil and I truly had a spectacular wedding and a fabulous honeymoon. I would love to get together with you and give you a little gift. If you don't mind, when things slow down for you (as well as for me since the restaurant is really busy), I would love to take you to lunch or dinner.

Tamara, I am sure all of your brides feel very close to you since you are planning one of the most important days of their lives for them....but I would be very happy if you we can try to keep in touch. Thanks again for everything.