Avenue Grille and Events Reviews

22 | Manteo, NC

22 Reviews for Avenue Grille and Events

Dianna · Married on 10/20/2018

Couldn't have asked for more.

I definitely made the right choice in picking Avenue Waterfront Grill for my wedding. They made sure that I was going to be happy and got what I wanted. They were patient with me through all my questions and visits to the restaurant. Their communication was great in making sure we were all on the same page and in making sure that everything was going to go smoothly. The food was fantastic! Guests told me for days afterwards how good everything was. And all the leftovers came with me on the honeymoon and we ate very happily.

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2018

Stress-free

We had an excellent experience with Avenue Waterfront Grille for our wedding. Maria was a breeze to work with and was quick to respond to whatever questions I had or whatever I needed. Shortly after we booked the restaurant as our reception location, a pipe burst, requiring the restaurant to close for several months for rennovatons. Thankfully, everything was completed in time and absolutely beautiful! I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect setting for our small, intimate wedding!

Justin · Married on 08/19/2017

There aren't enough stars to accommodate the review that Avenue deserves! Maria and Thomas are amazing and their restaurant is the best on the Outer Banks hands down! They were so attentive while we were planning the rest of the wedding and worked with us every step of the way to make sure that everything was perfect for the reception! The bar - lounge - dance floor - dining area setup inside is amazing for a wedding reception. The service throughout the whole night was incredible at both the bar and the dinner buffet. The food here is so good that we finished literally everything at our food tasting. In fact, the food at the reception was SO good that we had people raving about it for WEEKS after the wedding. Seriously, the food is incredible! If you are looking for a reception site near Nags Head/Kitty Hawk, look no further! You will not find a better spot for even triple the price (their prices are amazing too!).

Justine · Married on 06/10/2017

We decided to have a destination wedding and have a party when we returned to celebrate with those who couldn't travel with us for the big day. The Avenue was the PERFECT place for our reception. Maria was amazing. So accommodating and flexible. The food here is out of this world and compared to other places on the beach well worth the price. They are comparable with all other venues price wise but you get way more for your money in terms of the quality. The space is so gorgeous on its own, you really don't need a ton of decorations. We loved it and so did our guests.

jaclyn · Married on 10/08/2016

WOW! I can't express my gratitude & love of Avenue Grille enough! We chose OBX as a destination wedding due to our family living all over the place & since our guests were traveling long distances we wanted to be able to invite them all to our rehearsal dinner. We live 5 hours away so we had to trust our guts with the businesses we chose to make our days wonderful. When we contacted the Grille, Maria was instantly responsive. We described the relaxed "cookout style" dinner we were looking to have & gave her our maximum budget we wanted to spend-which she came UNDER BUDGET! She was quick to send menu options, pricing & was extremely flexible on hosting a large number of guests. We talked on the phone & she would respond to my MANY emails quickly. We went with our gut & booked the restaurant without even seeing the place! I did finally get to see it 2 months before the wedding-seriously-I think I gave her a day or two heads up I was coming down & she was happy to meet with me! I was blown away! I feel like we got the place for a steal! Its beautiful! Large windows surrounding the open dinning area looking over the marina, floors are pristine black with tables draped in crisp white table clothes & cloth napkins. I went down a month before the wedding to finalize details, Matt & I ate dinner at the Grille & that is when we were really amazed. The lights that bounce off the water at night make the place shine even more. The food we ordered was AMAZING & the service was superb! we were so excited! Day of rehearsal dinner we did nothing but show up, visit with family and eat great food! Maria even allowed me to bring our own cake for dessert-at no extra charge-since it was my grandfathers bday. Our guests loved the location, happy vibes & delicious food. servers were wonderful and cheerful as well. If we did it all over again I would choose this place 100 times over! Maria & her team are truly wonderful! thank you for making it too easy for us! - Lots of Thanks - M & J

Amy · Married on 09/20/2016

Avenue Grille and Events was the best place to have our reception. Maria is amazing and attentive. She answered all of our questions and helped us with a family member that had to have a special dinner prepared. Thank you to your Chef and your staff for making our evening magical.

Valerie · Married on 08/05/2016

Beautiful waterfront views and delicious food. Maria & Thomas were professional,experienced and so pleasant to work with, therefore making my job
    as Mother of the groom so easy. Perfect location for rehearsal dinner!

Joan · Married on 05/21/2016

We had my daughters wedding reception here. The staff was very friendly and professional. The restraurant facilities were clean. The food was delicious.

• User5206411 · 2+ years ago

Avenue Grille was the location to our rehearsal dinner and welcome drinks for guests. Can't even begin to express how amazing the food was!! We had an intimate dinner with about 20 and everything was cooked perfectly. Our guests then arrived for welcome drinks and raved about the location, the service and the snacks we had out. Would absolutely recommend to anyone planning a wedding in the Outer Banks!

Tricia · Married on 05/19/2016

We used The Avenue for my son's rehearsal dinner and couldn't be more pleased. From my initial contact with Maria, the owner of the restaurant, through the actual night of the event, everything was absolutely perfect. Maria was a pleasure to work with.....she is professional, detailed oriented, extremely flexible and accommodating. Every dish was prepared and cooked to perfection and was delicious. The staff was wonderful. Gorgeous setting as well.

Melissa · Married on 10/10/2015

We couldn't be happier that we chose to have our wedding reception at Avenue Grille & Events. Maria and her staff made our wedding dreams come true!
    I've had COUNTLESS guests tell me that they loved their dinner and that it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding.
    Avenue is professional, efficient, delicious and SO beautiful!

Sunshine · Married on 10/12/2014

I have attended many weddings before mine, and I have heard from other people who'd been in many weddings, and we all agree on one thing the food = disappointing. I find it quite challenging to deliver perfection when it comes to food. So when it was my turn to prepare for my wedding, it was the most stressful part of the whole preparation. I finally decided on The Avenue Grille. Everything in this restaurant was just perfect! The location, size of the whole restaurant, excellent service, a manager who's very hands on, and top of that the excellent food. It was very overwhelming at first because they had so much on the menu to choose from. Both of my parents were very happy with the final selection. During and after the dinner, everybody was talking how great was the food especially the "Blackened Catch of the Day with sherry cream". Not to be biased but in all honesty, this is the first time I heard someone was very satisfied with the wedding food. A few weeks after the wedding, I sent out thank you cards to everyone who attended and some sent me back a message praising the wedding and the FOOD. Maria and the rest of restaurant crew made my wedding a very memorable one. I strongly recommend The Avenue Grille to anyone who reads this, you will not regret it!

- Mrs. Sunshine Halterman

Pamela · Married on 05/09/2014

The venue owner, Maria Williamson, was extremely easy to work with. Having never planned a special event it was beneficial to have Maria help me make decisions about food, beverages, seating, and decorating. The food was exceptional and the view of the bay cannot be beat. Also, the location in downtown Manteo was extremely convenient as most of the guests walked there and back from their accommodations. I definitely recommend Avenue Grill for any special event.

Rhoda · Married on 04/19/2014

Our son got married last April and my husband and I worked with Maria. We were
    very please with every aspect of the event. We would definitely use Avenue Grille again!

I couldn't imagine a better place to have a wedding reception. My guests were absolutely impressed and I was so happy. I visited several places down in the OBX, looking for the perfect place to have my wedding and I think the Avenue blew everything else out of the water! The location is absolutely perfect and the restaurant gives a unique atmosphere that provides an intimate but not crowded feel.
    We also used the outside patio for our cocktail hour. Everyone loved it, we had a violinist out there, and rented a couple of high-top tables, and put white lights around the gate. It also made a wonderful "fresh air" getaway for guests during the wedding.
    This venue was perfect, but Maria, the owner, was amazing. She definitely knows what she is doing! She is prompt to respond and you can tell that she genuinely wants your day to be perfect. We loved working with her, if you have an idea she will work to make it happen!

I could not have been happier with a reception venue! Maria and her husband own the restaurant and we couldn't have asked for a better pair of people to help us out! First of all, our tasting was amazing - they put out all the stops to impress us. As a couple paying for a wedding pretty much on our own, we had a limited budget and they definitely gave us the absolute MOST for our money. One of the most important things to me about weddings is to make sure you have good food and a great atmosphere - and Avenue Grille definitely had both of these! From the decor to the serving staff to the food, we were absolutely thrilled with the service we were given. Maria was a tremendous help in asking us tons of questions to help us through this process and then she was always there to help with anything centerpiece related or anything we needed to make sure the atmosphere was what we wanted. We had about 60 guests show up and we had PLENTY of room to dance, eat and enjoy the bar! We also used their house DJ - DJ Kidd - and he was amazing! Overall this was definitely a great decision in reception venues - Thank you Avenue Grille!

Heather · Married on 10/09/2012

Dan & I would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to Avenue Grille and Events for providing us with an amazing wedding dinner in a delightful atmosphere! Just as we suspected, our guests raved about the food! It was hands down the best meal we have had in the Outer Banks! My husband is a former chef, and isn't easily "wowed' by food, especially at weddings, but the food at our dinner truly impressed him. We couldn't have been happier! Not only was the food super tasty, Chef Thomas took care to make our entire meal allergy friendly so that my family could all eat the same meal.

From start to finish, Maria and the team at Avenue Grille and Events was responsive, accommodating, and helped set my mind at ease! And when our guests arrived ahead of schedule, they were welcomed with open arms. Thank you, thank you!

Thank you to Avenue Grille and Events not only for providing a fabulous meal, but also for treating our small wedding party like they were a part of your family. Dan & I will look forward to coming back to Avenue Grille during future trips to the OBX, as I am sure many of our family members will!

If you are considering Avenue Grille and Events for your wedding reception, you will not be dissapointed! Maria and her team are dedicated and caring individuals that are an absolute pleasure to work with! Excellent food, wonderful staff, not to mention the breathtaking views from the restaurant!

Annette · Married on 04/25/2015

Beautiful location, delicious food and professional staff.

Sunshine · Married on 10/12/2014

- Mrs. Sunshine Halterman

• I

Irma · Married on 06/21/2014

I am from Texas, and needed a venue that was Elegant, Beautiful and Professional. We received all of the above by booking with the Avenue Grille.
    I was in desperate need of a venue that was Elegant. The pictures I saw online were Superb. We were going in blind, because of the distance from Texas to North Carolina. But we were pleasantly surprised!! The place was on the pier and absolutely Beautiful. The food was D~LISH, and Excellent, the Presentation, Food Selections, and the Service was Amazing!! We received so many compliments from our guests about the venue we had selected. Thank you, for your Service Avenue Grille and Events!!! You made us look Great!!

Meagan · Married on 06/14/2013

What a lovely place to have our wedding reception! Avenue was the perfect size to accommodate our 70+ guests (although can definitely hold more) and created a perfect, intimate setting with Marshes light house and the Bay as our back drop. Maria was very responsive and accommodating to our requests. She and Chef Thomas even deviated from their standard wedding menu and worked with us to create a "mashtini" station as one of our buffet items. The food was beyond delicious and I am looking forward to returning to the restaurant for dinner on our 1 year anniversary!

Hattie · Married on 06/04/2017

3.5

I had my wedding reception at the Avenue Grille this past June. Working with Maria (the Owner) was great. I booked about 8 months in advance to my wedding. She was very accommodating when visiting the venue a few times before the wedding and answering any questions I had via email. Chef Thomas (although we never met him) was great, His food was delicious. Definitely has a southern flare. I would definitely recommend this venue if you want something on the sound. The view from the restaurant is Beautiful! ........The only issue we had with Avenue was the payment arrangements. We paid everything up front. However, for the Bar tab she wanted me to pay the day of my reception by giving her my card that morning and closing it out that night (Which seemed very confusing to me). With the craziness of the morning we both had forgotten to open up the tab.. fast forward to my reception.. while my guests were eating dessert my husband and I went outside to get some pictures on the waterfront of the sunset. I guess Maria had thought I left and mentioned the payment needed to my stepfather who was not apart of the contract who then paid the balance. I am grateful that they paid but I paid for my wedding 100% and I was completely embarrassed that my distant family felt obligated to pay the bar tab. Not knowing that they had paid this while I was taking pictures, I went up to Maria after I returned and asked if I could take care of the payment now which is when she notified me that he had taken care of it. I was completely embarrassed with this and it bothered me for the rest of the night :( . I would not hold this against them if considering booking because the service was good.. but make sure you have this ironed out beforehand.