16 Reviews for Avant DJs

13 Avant DJs Reviews

Matt was an excellent photographer. He was extremely professional throughout the ceremony, even when dealing with the more difficult people in our family. He took many beautiful pictures and even made it a point to get at least one picture of every person at the wedding, but ended up with many more! Although we ran out of light for our traditional pictures during cocktail hour because we started a little later and some of our family weren’t easily managed, he was successfully captured many amazing and beautiful pictures of everyone while using what light was left to his advantage.
He even took it upon himself to seamlessly work with the DJ to help make time for all the traditional moments at the reception. During the reception he captured many great candid moments of us and of our family. Without a doubt Matt was a pleasure to work with and comes highly regarded. We hope to have the opportunity to seek out his services again!
Thanks again Matt!
Daniella and James

Profile Picture Daniella, 1/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

AVANT DJs is a must have!!!!! Darron was exceptional. He was even able to get me videographer at the last minute for a very reasonable price. Top notch!

Profile Picture Pauline, 6/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I don't even know where to start. Darren and Sucess made our wedding into the most memorable day of our lives. They were very professional and kept our guest and family entertained. My guest and family enjoyed every moment. I will book them and refer them to everyone. I am truly happy with the service they provided.
Shanitra with Avant kept me informed and contact me on a timely manner. She was very professional and I truly enjoyed working with her.

Profile Picture Daphnee, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired Avant DJ and Carl was the DJ for our wedding. He was always accessible throughout the planning process, professional and dedicated to his work. Many of our guests complimented him, and stated that he was the best DJ they seen at a wedding. I would highly recommend him to any bride in South Florida.

Profile Picture Katerine, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Darron was amazing, he made everyone comfortable and had an excellent selection of music. He kept the party moving and made the night all that much more amazing. We chose the package with lighting & ceremony/reception set ups. The lighting made all the difference and our photos came out fantastic. I would recommend Avant DJs for any event and will be calling them back for our next event.

Profile Picture Hilary, 3/28/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography

U guys are so great everything went well I would definitely recommend Advant DJ to anyone good job???

Profile Picture Angella, 3/15/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I found Avant DJs on a list of approved vendors for the venue i was using for my wedding. I chose them because they were reasonably priced and the reviews I read were good.

"Good" is a massive understatement. Darren was professional when we met and willing to go along with my crazy ideas (we had a theme wedding) and everyone at the reception had an absolute BLAST thanks to him. We got so many compliments the next day about how awesome our DJ was. I would definitely recommend Avant to anyone and everyone having an event with a DJ.

Profile Picture Jamie, 1/24/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Darron was amazing!! He made my party so fun! I am Nigerian and I married a man who's family loves country music and the other half were from Scotland. I wasn't sure that the music would fit everyone. I had guests from age 0 to 99 and everyone was up on the dance floor. We couldn't get people to leave. On top of that everyone constantly went on and on about how they had never danced so hard in their life. Great job Darron! How you blended African, Celtic, Pop and music from all over the world in one night and everyone enjoyed it... is amazing!!!! You were up to the challenge and you performed excellently. We will never forget how amazing you made our special day!

Profile Picture User4764694, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When I first started planning I dreaded finding a DJ. While photography, food, design, and "making things pretty" are my strong suits knowing how and where to find a solid DJ for a decent price was daunting. After reading a few reviews and checking prices Avant DJs seemed to be a wonderful option without breaking the bank. Boy, was that a fantastic decision.

First off Avant DJs has an extremely efficient team and online system. Communication was clear from start to finish and I received lightning fast replies from Shanitra. Your entire account and forms are put online, as well as timelines and song lists. As a hands-on bride I LOVED this interface because it gave me the chance to customize it as the months went on. If you have a planner he or she will really dig it, too. Face-to-face meetings are great but when it comes to picking music it's a process and I was grateful for this excellent feature.

Once I was put in touch with Darron it got even better. Darron was kind and professional. We had a face-to-face a month out where we went over everything and addressed our concerns. We had a pretty non-traditional wedding and skipped out on the announcements/dances/flower toss, etc and he was extremely supportive. He set up a Google Drive so the groom and I could drop off specific songs into folders-if you don't have one of those with your DJ get one NOW because it's WAY better than CDs and jump drives for both parties involved.

Avant DJs provided me with something that became one of my favorite things about my wedding day. Our music selections screamed "us" and everything was perfect. Our ceremony was crystal clear thanks to the mic! Our music had clean transitions (Darron went the extra mile by adjusting BPMs and fades to make the track changes even more subtle) and people were drunkenly dancing. If you want the best day of our life to sound beautiful don't hesitate to hire these guys.

Profile Picture Jensen, 10/26/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

I didn't know what to expect doing business with someone I never met, needed for my Wedding, and had to communicate and pay long distance. Once I did the initial meeting with DJ Shawn...I knew this was our DJ! I worked with a lot of vendors to pull this wedding off in Miami, but hands down Avant DJs was the best to work with. Their customer service is impeccable, their website/client portal made it easy to pay (track payments), and he was very "in tune" to what we wanted. However, NOTHING...topped the actually night. We crossed genres of music (which was a huge deal for us). He didn't just stick to one type of music, and he wasn't a DJ that just played to entertain himself, he really made sure the crowd had a great time. Three weeks later and my family still talks about the great time they had with him. He was just like family. I want everyone to experience a night with Avant DJs. Again, thank you for making my wedding process easy and making my wedding night memorable.

Profile Picture Shamieka, 10/10/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We booked with Avant Dj's for our very stressful wedding and they made it both easy going and amazing. Shaw Stazzone was the DJ for our event. He DJ'd the entire day- Ceremony, cocktail hour, and Reception. Not only was he professional but he was EXTREMELY knowledgeable, Talented and reliable. He Dj'd, MC'd, and provided lighting for our event at an amazing rate. He was so sweet in all of our communications no matter what was going on, and even helped keep me on task for other things that I was falling behind in (I was both the bride and the wedding planner). He came through on so many levels, it's hard to fit them all in one review. The quality of music that he provided was both fun and tasteful. My now husband and I had a tough time coming up with all the songs that we needed due to our lack of music knowledge. After coming up with a few selections, we gave Shawn an idea of what we wanted and he took care of the rest. He picked perfectly suited music for an elegant yet fun affair. He adjusted EXTREMLY well to last minute changes, and did more than what was expected to make our event everything we could ever imagine. We recommend Him/Avant DJ's without and reserves. No one else could have done the job that he did with such professionalism while maintaining a positive and friendship building attitude. He's a real down to earth guy who will meet your where your at and take your event to the next level. If you choose another DJ, I promise you, your missing out on one of the greatest DJ's south Florida has to offer.

Profile Picture Kiana, 7/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Avant DJs for our wedding on May 31, 2014. Darron and Shanitra were amazing! We had a diverse crowd with half our guests being in their early to mid 20s and from The UK, Germany, and the US. We were having such a great time that we asked them to stay longer. Compared to the keys pricing, they were extremely affordable, too. They created the perfect vibe for our beach party! I would recommend them for anyone who wants to have a memorable and high energy wedding.

Profile Picture User2986375, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Elber Perlaza of Avant DJ was the dj at our wedding at the Spanish Monastery in Miami Beach.
Let's start of by saying that we gave him probably the worst job a dj can envision: a small group of 30 people to work with (and we all know that parties come out better when crowded), average age around 40, and not easily engaged.
Well, we don't know how he did it, but he was able to turn our party into a blast. Smart and discreet, he created the right atmosphere that involved everybody in the music and dancing.
We gave him a preferred genre of music for each part of the reception (cocktail hour, dinner, and final party), and not only did he play all the music we liked, but he surprised us with his own cool choices for which everybody had a word of great appreciation.
Elber is a joyful guy, friendly and well mannered at the same time, and for a stressed couple like we were and probably most of the couples end up being the day of their wedding, as a master of ceremony he makes you feel like the reception will flow smoothly under his control.
Also Shanitra, the person of Avant DJ that corresponded with us to plan the event was very professional and very nice.
Everything was as we agreed with Avant DJ and the equipment that Elber took with him was perfect for the location.
Finally worth a mention is that despite the high quality of its service, Avant DJ is a lot cheaper than their competitors.
Absolutely recommended. Thank you Elber.

Profile Picture Jacopo, 11/9/13, 1 Review