Avalon Palm Springs Reviews

30 | Palm Springs, CA

30 Reviews for Avalon Palm Springs

• User6853388 · 1+ year ago

Our experience from signing the contract to every detail on the day of our wedding was a pure pleasure and fun to plan. Olivia was responsive, professional and genuine. We will definitely refer all of our friends to her and the Avalon and can't wait to return!!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Alison H. · Married on 10/19/2018

Our amazing wedding at the Avalon Hotel & Bungalows

We loved the Avalon. It was exactly what we were looking for: a small boutique hotel that could accommodate all of our guests, easily accessible to the airport and downtown walking shops, beautiful property that had many different areas to use for our wedding events so it didn't feel like he same place or setting over and over, and really great food and drinks! The hotel is also dog and kid friendly which was important to us. Pam, Dayanna and team + the hotel staff are terrific. We couldn't be happier with our wedding at the Avalon and wish we could relive it everyday!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Dear Alison and Tamera,
    First and foremost, congratulations on your marriage! Second, thank you for choosing the Avalon Hotel Palm Springs for your special day! Dayanna and myself loved your wedding journey, and we are so happy that you and your families felt so at home. From the moment we met you in the lobby until our staff said good-bye..... the A-team will always remember your beautiful souls. xoxo

John · Married on 09/29/2018

My wife and I had an absolutely magical experience with the Avalon Palm Springs for our wedding. Pam Olson and her team guided us every step of the way, and the day of was nothing but fun for bride and groom! Our guests were all blown away by the beauty of the location. The food was amazing. We can't recommend this place strongly enough -- it went beyond our expectations and was truly a dream wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Dear John,
    I do aplogize for the much delayed response to say "Thank You" and Mazie for choosing our beautiful hidden gem for your wedding weekend! Everyone here still talks about your reception and your fabulous band, Boombox Heroes!! Please come back for an anniverary so we can spoil you all over again! Pam Olson and the Avalon Wedding Team.
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/15/2018

5 stars every single time! We had our wedding with the Avalon and literally everything went off without a hitch. The service and level of attention were fabulous, and we received positive comments from all our guests throughout the weekend about the amazing accommodations and delicious food. Everyone at the hotel cares and it was hands down the best weekend of my life because of the beautiful grounds, the attention to detail and the level of service. I can't wait to go back there as much as I can to re-live the weekend.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Avalon Palm Springs's reply:

Dear Alexis and Kyle, I know your wedding was over a year ago and I am so sorry it has taking me so long to reply to your kind review. We just loved your wedding from beginning to end, and we still talk about how much fun we had with your famlies and dear friends. Thank you for choosing the Avalon and the A-Team. xoxo

Adrianna · Married on 07/21/2018

Great service and very accommodating for our week day rehearsal dinner.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Savinie · Married on 12/16/2017

Words cannot express how happy I am to have gotten married at the Avalon Palm Springs. Avalon was the first venue we checked out, and wow, the bar was set real high. We knew it was out of our budget, so we didn't pursue it until 9 months later when everything seem to fail in comparison in Palm Springs and San Francisco. i decided to reach out and ask what they can do to accommodate our budget. They were extremely flexible by offering a date in December, which worked in our favor since we wanted a winter wedding! They cut our food and beverage minimum in half! That was major for us and we made the decision immediately! With 8 months to plan the wedding, communication was very important. Dayanna, the Event Manager, was very responsive, sweet, professional, fun and so easy to talk to! Dayanna and Pam became the new event director and managers after I paid the deposit. It was the best change ever made. They get how it is with modern brides/weddings. I asked to have a hookah lounge, they never disagreed and was super excited for us to have one! They do not think like traditional, uptight venues with a laundry list of rules/regulations. If you are a modern, fun bride...Avalon is the place to host the biggest party in your life. My wedding was super intimate with 50 people and the Avalon made all might guests feel special. The service with EVERY staff is AMAZING. The food is my goodness, DELICIOUS. Every single one of my guest ate their entire serving and their plus one's! When was the last time you had deiicious food at a wedding? Almost never. Please do yourself a favor and book your PSP wedding at the Avalon. You will not regret. I will be going back to Avalon every year. Thanks Dayanna and Pam!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 09/22/2017

We just recently wrapped up our wedding at the Avalon this September, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of people and service to help throw a successful wedding. Dayanna and Pam are the CUTEST and were a dream to work with during planning and executing day of wedding. All the staff at the hotel, from valet, reception and to the bar were so personable and so on top of their service, we never had to worry. Dayanna and Pam had to take over mid planning from previous coordinator and they didn't miss a beat. They were always quick at corresponding, didn't get lost in translation with all the back and forth, and made me feel like a true bride come the big day. The Avalon grounds speaks for its self and the whole event was truly magical. We can't wait to come celebrate our anniversary!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2017

Pam and Dayanna made our experience at the Avalon so great! They helped us save our outdoor dinner in the midst of a desert monsoon, and I can't thank them enough.

Sent on 09/21/2017

Jamie · Married on 11/19/2016

This venue is absolutely incredible and extremely elegant. Not only does it provide the gorgeous intimate setting and backdrop for a wedding, but the service is 5 stars. The property was big enough that we could have privacy and small enough that most of our wedding took up the property, so it felt very intimate and personal. The staff was so gracias, flexible and accommodating. Olivia and her amazing team (shout-out to Shannon and Jon - the bartender) were able to REALLY create the wedding of my dreams, everything i've always imagined, they brought it to life. I CANNOT wait to come back and spend my anniversary every year toasting the Avalon and their staff! So grateful :)

Sent on 11/22/2016

Liz · Married on 11/12/2016

This was the PERFECT venue for our wedding. First of all, it's a gorgeous property, with so many different spots that you never feel like you are at the same hotel all weekend. We hosted my bridal brunch by the pool, we did our welcome party with tiki torches, a full bar and sound system in the courtyard and then the wedding was in its own private nook. And of course, the courtyard where you have your reception dinner, is GORGEOUS and made for the best photos. I really could not have asked for a more beautiful venue. On top of that, the hotel is walkable to downtown, which is so so convenient for guests. The one thing I was really blown away by was the food! EVERYONE, i mean everyone, raved about the food - from the passed appetizers, to the perfectly cooked filet, to the late night kobe beef burgers....our guests said it was by far and away the best wedding food they ever had (and we had 125 guests). Lastly, the service - the hotel was so accommodating to all of our guests, they were responsive, easy to work with and suggested an amazing wedding planner for the event. I cannot say enough good things about the Avalon Hotel and look forward to many anniversaries there! :) - Liz Lozier (11-12-16)

Sent on 11/28/2016

Pearl · Married on 11/05/2016

Olivia Prescott was amazing! She is the director of events at the Avalon Hotel in Palm Springs, She helped us with the food selection and room arrangements. She was such a professional. Her calm disposition and knowledge of what should and could be done helped us so much in making the wedding a magical weekend. She is such a hard worker! Olivia made sure that every detail was attended to- from making sure the table linens were arranged correctly to supervising the food in the kitchen. I felt that she had my back and that everthing would turn out as it should have and it did! EVERYONE had a great time. The food was delicious, the service and ambience could not have been better! The guests were having a blast! They stayed until the end. You know that you are having a great party when no one wants to leave. I am so happy we chose The Avalon Hotel.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Rachel · Married on 09/30/2016

If you want someone who is friendly, professional, responsive, accommodating, and always willing to help you with whatever you need, BOOK THIS VENUE! Olivia and her team are amazing.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Avalon Palm Springs's reply:

Thank you Rachel, it was a pleasure celebrating with you! My best to you and Ryan!

Kelli · Married on 06/11/2016

This venue will exceed all your wildest dreams. The care and professionalism by the event coordinator, Olivia, will allow you to plan your wedding without a worry about anything. It was the best choice I've ever made. The entire staff was incredibly kind and helpful throughout our entire stay. They made us feel like we were part of the family and took care of us from beginning to end. The grounds are stunning and our wedding was truly out of a fairy tale. The recommended vendors were absolutely amazing as well, so take them up on the preferrrd vendors, as they are there for a good reason. The food was incredible at every meal and our wedding dinner was absolutely delicious. Olivia took such good care of us and made us feel like we were her only priority even though she has so many things going on. She's totally hands on with the whole process and patiently will answer all of your many questions. We enjoyed working with her so so much. We were so lucky to have met her and we now have a new friend out of working with her. I would recommend this venue to absolutely anyone looking for a stress free, gorgeous, stylish, romantic wedding in the desert. It was my wildest dreams coming true. We will be back every year to celebrate our anniversary. Thank you Olivia and the Avalon for making our experience completely and absolutly unforgettable.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Corlin · Married on 01/23/2016

My now husband and I looked at all of the highly sought after Palm Springs venue and loved the feel of Avalon (at the time Viceroy). It was exactly what we had in mind for a glam Palm Springs wedding.
    We booked the venue while it was still Viceroy and experienced the transition to the Avalon, had a few road bumps with employees. I stressed out a little bit about what we would do as there were some major breakdowns in communication. When one day I received a phone call from the kindest, most professional individual, Olivia Prescott. Olivia had recently moved back to Palm Springs and resumed her role as special events coordinator at Avalon. What a blessing!
    Olivia changed our experience and helped us have the most AMAZING wedding ever. She was in constant contact with us leading up to the wedding. When we met for the food tasting she showed a genuine interest in our vision and expectation for the wedding weekend.
    There are so many positive things to say, so here are some key points:
    -The food by Chi Chi is amazing. I have been craving our wedding food since the wedding. Our wedding guests are still talking about the delicious food. I think it is rare that is a month past your wedding; you still get phone calls commenting on how delicious and perfect the food was.
    - Cocktails. The bar at Avalon serves up tasty cocktails and our family/friends were eager to all hang out in the bar area. We never felt like there wasn't room for everyone to gather or that we were being too loud.
    -The venue is beautiful. We loved having all of our friends and family at the hotel. Walking out of our villa and being next door to my sisters was so much fun. Guests are also loved how everything was easy to get to, walking from ceremony to cocktail hour, to reception was easy.
    - The Avalon staff. Everyone was easy to work with and accommodating. I am a "type A" and never felt stressed because I knew Olivia and her team had things under control.

Sent on 02/19/2016

I cannot say enough good things about the team at The Avalon. Olivia, in particular, went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. Her depth of knowledge about the venue and proactive advice was key since we were planning our wedding from afar. The Chef also delivered memorable and delicious fare, which was an important element to us. The hotel has a layout made for weddings, and nearly decorates itself if you need it to!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Rebecca · Married on 03/22/2014

The property is just magical, the staff are kind and attentive and the food is incredible! We have been Viceroy fans for years and were married here 03/22/14.

The property couldn't be more perfect for weddings and our guests were charmed by the entire experience! The staff was beyond accommodating.....starting from Olivia (who was a huge part of the reason we chose to get married at the Viceroy....I felt like we weren't just clients but friends)!

The Villa that was our home for 5 days was charming, romantic and had all of the creature comforts (nearly full kitchen, incredibly comfortable bedding and oozed charm and style)! Sweet touches like a fruit tray awaiting us at check in and a bottle of champagne on ice on the wedding night blew us away.

We had our Thursday evening wedding party dinner at the Citron (private patio) and the service and food were impeccable. We did our rehearsal brunch Friday (taco lunch menu and I'm drooling thinking about it). The actual wedding dinner was the best food I've experienced at a wedding (I made sure I actually got to eat) and our morning after brunch and beverages were great to recover from the libations the talented bartenders had been serving all weekend.

I could write a novel about all of the reasons the Viceroy is the perfect spot to host your wedding or just to spend a weekend (kids and adult pools, great salon for blow-outs and treatments, complimentary yoga and more).....but you really need to experience it yourself!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Diana · Married on 03/01/2014

We just had an amazing wedding at the Viceroy Hotel in Palm Springs. When we were looking for a venue, I knew I wanted a destination wedding, but one that would be easy for people to get to (we live in OC). The Viceroy was one of the first places that came to mind. We looked at many venues in Palm Springs and when my Husband and I met with Olivia, we knew without a doubt that the Viceroy was the perfect venue. Different parts of the hotel are used for different parts of the wedding- so your guests get to see all of the beautiful grounds. The hotel makes for an elegant, intimate, classy wedding. Olivia (the wedding coordinator) was wonderful to work with. She responded to all my questions in a timely manner and even calmed my nerves, coming up with alternate plans when it looked like it was going to rain on my wedding weekend. The food is amazing and every guest was raving about it. Having your wedding at the viceroy will make your wedding one that you and your guests remember for years to come!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2012

We just had the wedding of our dreams at the Viceroy Palm Springs this last weekend. It was better than if we had choreographed it for a movie...simply stunning. One of the key reasons for this was the staff at the Viceroy. From start to finish, Olivia and Jessika were amazing to work with. The hotel offers the best value for your money, so many options to customize the entire event and a dedicated staff. Our menu tasting was one of our favorite experiences...the chef was so willing to add in the foods we loved and make it special for us. The venue is beyond gorgeous...pictures don't do it justice. And, I'll mention it one more time...Olivia and Jessika. If we lived in Palm Springs, we'd want to be their friends!! They sincerely cared about us and with so many weddings, that really meant a lot to us. Thanks to everyone at the Viceroy...we couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience!!

Sent on 10/24/2012

The most amazing venue with great service.

Sent on 11/03/2012

Katie · Married on 05/22/2010

The Viceroy was incredible - the staff, especially Jessika and Erin, made sure that everything was taken care of exactly the way I wanted it - down to removing some bougainvillea bushes that were the wrong color for our wedding ceremony. Our guests had a blast, the food and service was incredible and I would recommend the Viceroy Palm Springs to any bride planning a destination wedding.

Sent on 11/29/2010
  • TigerBeats

Howard · Married on 03/28/2009

The viceroy was incredible. We stayed there because it was close to our venue and although we hadn't stayed there before, we will be going back. The staff was really friendly and not snooty like at the parker. We felt like we were at home. The other good point about the Viceroy is that it is walking distance to downtown where you can go for breakfast or coffee or a drink and you don't feel trapped on the grounds (like at the parker).

Love it.

Sent on 05/28/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 02/11/2018

Avalon was the first place we visited in our search for a venue and we quickly envisioned having our wedding in their gorgeous space. The esthetics of the hotel and flow for the ceremony to cocktail hour to reception spaces quickly sold us on choosing this venue. It was a pleasure to work with Dayanna and Pam. Both were attentive and responsive to our needs and concerns. We expressed to them considerations for our religion and they were both understanding and accommodating. The food and drinks were executed very well. Our guests expressed how it was some of the best food they've had at a wedding and no one went home hungry. They were flexible with the menu items and were even open to suggestions from our favorite dessert, even though it wasn't one of their menu choices. During our stay during the week of our wedding, the entire staff from valet, to front desk, bartenders, and wait staff were friendly and helpful. The entire process from beginning to end was very positive and we are very appreciative in our experience working with everyone at the hotel. We look forward to visiting again in the future!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Dear Elizabeth and Patrick,
    I know this reply is way over due!! Dayanna and I were hired the same day May, 3, 2017 and we hit the ground running and never looked back. It's been almost 3 years, and I can't tell you how many weddings I have sold and Dayanna as excuted. Your wedding is one we do talk about often and have shared your table layout and florals. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your lovely review, it means so much to us and we will make sure we share it with our team from Valet, to Front Desk, to the Restaurant wait staf and to our wonderful Banquet Team. Please come back and visit us soon. xo

Richard · Married on 11/05/2016

If you work with Olivia to set up your event, you'll have no regrets . Everything she promises, she may sure turned out exactly as planned. Our event turned out as one would dreamed it would.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Natalie · Married on 10/29/2016

I miss the weekend I had my wedding at Avalon Palm Springs because it truly was a dream come true. The event coordinator, Olivia Prescott, works with so many clients and most of them are high net worth clients whose events provide a lot more value to Avalon Hotel than I do; however, Olivia and her staff treated me from the 1st day of the planning process until the day we checked out after the wedding, like I was the most important client at that hotel. My parents were very reluctant to have the wedding in Palm Springs because they were unfamiliar with the area, but I took them there for a night where they received a tour, personalized notes, lodging in a beautiful bungalow and truly made to feel welcomed and comfortable. After that first night there wasn't a doubt in any of our minds that Avalon was perfect for creating the unique and intimate wedding that we wanted to create and that there was no one we wanted to work with besides Olivia. They worked with our budget up until the last week, recommended ideas that we hadn't thought of to create an even more incredible time for all of the guests and Olivia was able to recommend vendors that I wasn't able to find on the knot.com or through my wedding planner. I was beyond impressed with the florist she suggested. To this day I am in awe of what the team came together and did. My only complaint and warning if hosting a wedding at Avalon was that all of our guests were from out of town and many of those guests booked a room through third party sites such as hotels.com. Those guests were all turned away by Avalon's front desk which was pretty disappointing for them and for our families as the intention was to have a boutique hotel where all guests were together the whole weekend creating an intimate, destination feel. Other than that if I wish I could do it all over again and I would do it at Avalon Palm Springs.

Sent on 03/14/2017

Corie · Married on 11/14/2015

The Avalon was a beautiful venue for our November Palm Springs wedding. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout the entire process and event. Our guests continue to rave about how delicious the food was. The ceremony and reception included 125 guests and it felt like a good size. I wouldn't recommend too many more guests than that. With the help of the Avalon staff and their event team the day was perfect from start to finish! 10/10!

Sent on 12/23/2015