34 Reviews for Avalon Manor Banquet Center

Indoor (1)
Clean Up (1)
Event Planning (1)
Liability Insurance (1)

We worked with Morgan Lamb and I must say she's amazing and extremely helpful when it comes to anything dealing with the wedding. She gave up a list of vendors to help us get started. She helped us plan out our setup for the Somerset Hall and even ordered us our anniversary wine just for mu husband and I! If we ever had any questions, I knew that I could always call or email her, but I always emailed since you never know if someone will get to the phone or call back in time. We were able to bring our decorations in the day before and as for the day of the wedding, they had the private suite for the ladies attached to the Somerset room and the men got ready upstairs. The only thing that concerned me was that since our ceremony was in the morning, we had to get ready early, but by the time it was an hour and a half before the ceremony start, they didn't have the Hall decorated yet! Luckily, our bridal party was on top of it and got it all done and setup before we started. Another problem was during dessert when they brought our the cupcakes my sister made, because several people said they were partially frozen. Turns out they put them in the freezer instead of the fridge, so many of our guests didn't get to enjoy them. Also, due to us not doing a seating arrangement, my brothers didn't get their special plates since one is vegan and the other has a gluten allergy, and some of the kids didn't get sparkling grape juice for the toasts. Overall, it was beautiful and everyone loved it and had fun! That's all I truly care about in the end.

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We had such a great experience with Avalon Manor. When we were starting the search process, we realized a lot of venues had hidden costs and add ons. With Avalon, everything was straightforward, and they take care of way more than almost every other venue we looked at. They provided our centerpieces and chair covers in the package we selected, which was one less thing we had to worry about.

We worked with a sales coordinator, Morgan, throughout the entire process, and she was AWESOME! She was extremely helpful every step of the way. She made the process easy and enjoyable for us, and she would always get back to us immediately. She even checked in with us after the wedding to congratulate us and make sure everything went well. We really felt taken care of!

Lastly, the day of our wedding all of the staff members were great and we were in awe when we walked in the ballroom. The room was beautiful and exactly what we had wanted. Thanks Avalon!

Profile Picture Ali, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

The best wedding venue in the area, hands down. The food and space are excellent. The staff, especially Katie, treat you with respect and are extremely helpful. Beautiful venue and a great value!

Profile Picture Lana, 4/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

So far this place is amazing. It's a great price for everything that's included. The staff is so friendly and they genuinely care about the bride and the groom, not just their money. I'm so excited to get married here in less than 6 months! It's a very beautiful banquet and quite affordable.

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding reception at the Avalon Manor was perfect. We were assisted by Katie, who was extremely knowledgeable and helpful as we planned for our event. The food was fabulous and our guests raved about it, many commenting on it being the best they have had at a wedding. The venue is beautiful, and the service was great. We couldn't have asked for more...

Profile Picture Nanette, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food was fantastic and they were very helpful. I would recommend highly.

Profile Picture Daniella, 8/2/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sarah Franzman was great and very professional. The servers were awesome and always took the time to ensure everyone in my party was happy. Plus our food was hot and taste delicious!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

OMG! I cannot say enough about Avalon Manor and our site consultant Sheryl. I am very detailed oriented but as a bride, I was beyond organized and attentive to the things I envisioned on my wedding day. I contacted about 50 different venues and visited 27. Upon my visit to Avalon Manor in January of 2013, I was greeted by Sheryl who gave me a tour of the facility. I was highly impressed by what Avalon Manor had to offer. After speaking with my fiance' at the time, we decided that Avalon Manor was the perfect venue for our wedding. Sheryl was very understanding and took the time to answer all of my many questions via email and phone. Whenever I needed advice or suggestions, she was always there - ready and willing to help. Sheryl was very accommodating when it came to me changing my mind about things such as chair sashes and guest list. On my actual wedding day, I did have a care in the world when it came to the venue.

I was highly surprised that our venue was as inexpensive as it was. However, the quality of service was phenomenal. All my guests are still talking about the venue, staff, food and drinks. I would definitely recommend Avalon Manor to any and everyone looking for a venue for any type of event.

Profile Picture Marjorie, 6/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Avalon was extremely easy to work with and willing to make my wedding exactly what I have dreamed! It was all beautiful and the staff performed smoothly and everyone loved the meal! I was able to enjoy my wedding without having to worry about anything. Sarah was my coordinator and did a wonderful job!

Profile Picture Leigha, 6/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful and magical wedding day at Avalon!!! The staff created such a fairytale ambiance, with my colors pink and black!! The food was outstanding!!! Guests still keep talking about how amazing the food was!!!! Despite the AC not working in our bridal suite, the staff compensated by opening another portion of our venue for our bridal party. Our enchanted fairytale wedding at Avalon will be etched in our hearts forever!!! Thank you Avalon for making our day so beautiful and memorable!!!

Profile Picture Teressa, 5/31/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This banquet hall is wonderful! Met our every need.

Profile Picture User4211167, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Avalon was awesome throughout every step of our reception. I did not have a ceremony here, but my reception was perfect! They listened to what I wanted and made it happen. Katie and Sarah were attentive to my wants and did an awesome job in accommodating! The ballroom looked beautiful and the staff did a fabulous job! My guests are still giving compliments about the food and service. I forgot to order a vegetarian meal for one of my guests, and the wait staff heard and had her a new plate in seconds!! Our bartenders not only made sure that our drinks were perfect, but also something for my minor daughter. They were amazing and I could not have asked for a better time! Thank you

Profile Picture Dana, 3/1/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a wonderful experience with the Avalon. They were extremely helpful and set up everything just the way I described. The food was delicious and the staff was extremely nice! They had a beautiful outdoor area for pictures too. My guests were very impressed! :)

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/25/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Katie and Peter are amazing! They took care of all the little details and made sure ours was the perfect day! I would do it all over again knowing I was in great hands! As the bride, I didn't worry about anything with them in control!

Food was raved about by guests and service was outstanding!
Peter took care of details personally to make sure the evening went smoothly and that were very much appreciated!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/26/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Avalon Manor was amazing. The food was delicious (all our guests were raving), the hall is quality, and the service was amazing. The staff went over and above to make sure our day was everything we had hoped for and more. The hall was set up beautifully and everything went smoothly. The wait staff during the wedding was amazing as well. They took all the bridal parties drink orders while at the gazebo taking pictures. They then remembered what everyone was drinking and kept their drinks full during dinner. They did the extra special touches that really made us feel pampered. Worth every single penny!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/22/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was an excellent place wth above average service. My guests had a great time and everyone couldn't stop talking about the venue and services.

Profile Picture Amadna, 8/2/08, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would highly recommend Avalon Manor to any bride! The were very helpful, courteous and the price was great!

Profile Picture kristina, 9/14/07, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were great. My consultant Katie was very easy to work with, and she was wonderful.

Profile Picture Shana, 8/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Okay truth time. I originally wanted Aberdeen manor in Valpo. They were over double what i am spending at Avalon and I get more options at Avalon that fit my personality. Outdoor wedding, Amazing food and service and the best news is, WE won't go broke! Woo-hoo! Getting more for less price!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/26/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having my reception at Avalon made the planning process (and the day of) so easy! They took care of everything and I didn't have to do anything other than have fun at my reception. I've gotten multiple compliments from friends and family about the food and service. We did the Premiere Package with beef, chicken, kid's meals and a vegetarian option since my mom wanted to make sure there were plenty of options for everyone, and they were perfectly willing to help adjust the package to our needs. My husband and I were also very impressed with the care they took to make sure the two of us were extremely taken care of as well!

We only had a couple slight problems that, for the most part, weren't too bad. The original person I had booked with left the business and I was not contacted by the new person working with me until a week before the final payment was due (roughly 2 weeks before our wedding date). However, anytime I called prior to that and did not get our new person they were still able to answer all my questions. The other issue was that the cost of the Premiere Package was changed, but so were their requirements for having a certain amount of guests (it changed to spending a certain amount). It would have saved a headache or two to know that those had changed, however I do understand that some information may not have been passed along because our original contact left.

Overall, we're very happy that we went with Avalon. It kept our reception affordable and fun!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Avalon Manor for our reception venue and were very happy with them! They made the planning very easy for us and set everything up for us the day of the wedding. We just told them how we wanted everything and they made it happen. The hall is beautiful and the food was AMAZING. We did a combo plate of steak and chicken and all of our guests were very impressed with the food! The only negative thing I would have to say is that our main cake was vanilla and strawberry and we also had a sheet cake that was chocolate and they never cut or served the chocolate cake. At the end of the night they gave us the huge chocolate sheet cake to take home with us. It was nice to have some extra cake, but we would have liked them to have served it to everyone. Other than that, we didn't have any problems and everything ran very smoothly. We would definitely recommend this reception site to friends!!

Profile Picture Becky, 8/7/10, 6 Reviews

Profile Picture Becky, 8/7/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Given the month of my wedding, I was able to get the room that I wanted! The office staff was excellent with answering all of my many questions, working with us to add our personal touches to the wedding, and just being very patient and very informative. Come the reception time, the wait staff was excellent - very friendly, one even made the comment to me stating that I was one of the "happiest brides they have ever seen." That made my night even better than it already was.
On top of that, the food was excellent! We had a choice of either the Chicken Breast with Marsala Wine Sauce or the Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus (plus they accomodated my cousin and his girlfriend, who are vegans, by making them a special dish - no meat, no eggs, nothing from animals - a great pasta dish they both enjoyed!). I think nearly every guest had commented to us on how great the food was, that they had never had such good food at a wedding before. So, EVERYTHING was perfect from the Avalon. I can't stress it more!

Profile Picture Anne, 1/12/08, 5 Reviews
4.7

We worked with Jayne and everything went smoothly.

We booked the Summerset room and at the last minute we knew were not going to reach our 250 person minimum. Avalon was really flexible and instead of making us pay for all 250 dinners, they let us add appetizers, a better salad, upgraded the dinner, and added wine for the actual amount of guests we had (225). In a time when I was very stressed out, I was extremely grateful that they let us do this. It was a wise business decision because they made more money by us doing it this way rather than buying just chicken dinners for 250 guests without appetizers, wine, etc.

Our guest raved about the food and service and I was a happy bride.

For those Chicago brides, I would recommend using the Avalon Manor. They are cheaper than most Chicago venues and about an hour from Chicago.

Profile Picture Beth, 11/18/06, 6 Reviews