Avalon Hotel Reviews

6 Reviews for Avalon Hotel

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 01/02/2021

Everything was well done

I had an amazing time. And the did a great job helping.

Sent on 01/03/2021

Addie · Married on 10/12/2013

I was just married on October 12, 2013 at the Avalon and it was simply magical. My husband, Jake, and I had the ceremony in the courtyard followed by the reception in the Niagara Ballroom. We fell in love with the courtyard and knew it was the perfect place for our ceremony-- so calming and gorgeous with the waterfall and trees. Erica Roberts, our wedding coordinator, was exceptional from day 1. I had to plan my wedding from 5 hours away and Erica was always great at answering e-mails and remaining flexible when I would stop in town and need to see the space. Her and the Avalon staff decorated the room beautifully and the service was great! Everything went smoothly and I couldn't have asked for more. I'd recommend getting married here to anyone!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2006

2.5

Beautiful!

Sent on 05/10/2008

Aundrea · Married on 10/15/2016

3.2
      3.0

We chose the Avalon because of its location and value. The wedding package came with an organizer. Our first organizer, Erica was fantastic. Flexible with my schedule, prompt when responding to emails. She was with us for 8 months, then left to work somewhere else. She was replaced by Lisa. We met with Lisa just over month before our wedding date. According to her, she didn't receive any of our details, so we had to go over EVERYTHING again. She seemed great, but just a couple days after our meeting, she disappeared. No returned calls, no emails, nothing. Management said they didn't even know she had left. So then the general manager Mansi and banquet adviser Selina had to take over, with just a month left. And we had to go over everything AGAIN. You can imagine the frustration.
    To be fair, the staff did a great job with setup and everything was smooth and beautiful. But it was like pulling teeth because no one had enough information to form a cohesive picture.

Food: we ordered a buffet-style dinner with sausage, veggie lasagna, and roast sirloin. Everything came out great. But the house bar was swill, and 4$ a person to upgrade. Jeesh.

Accommodations: We received a bridal suite. Which was very roomy, had a refrigerator and a coffee pot. And an adjoining king room, for whatever reason. It was spacious and largely comfortable. But it was musty, and freezing. Staff told us that since it's boiler-based, they can either AC or heat, not both. "But we're switching it over today". Wrong. We heard them telling other guests that they had no intention of doing so. Our floor was 5. My sister on 7 was sweltering. Luckily the windows opened! But sideways, about a foot and a half, with no screen, and a very noisy main street below. Her toilet was also leaking everywhere, and the maintenance sent up only mopped up the mess without fixing it, so she used up all her towels keeping her feet dry.
    I dunno. On the whole it wasn't bad...but it could have been way better.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Mauri · Married on 07/09/2016

1.6
      0.5

I had the worst experience with the Avalon! The day of my reception, apparently 5 of their staff member called off for my reception of 300 people. Their solution was to hire people under the table to work the reception. It turned out horrible and they ruined my special day. It was an absolute disaster. I do not recommend the Avalon. At all.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Elena · Married on 06/25/2018

0.4
      0.5

Absolutely the worst hotel I've ever stayed in! Hotel staff was extremely rude, hotel is very dated and looks dirty, parking is scary at best! Room was ok but not at all like pictured. Will never use this hotel again for anything!

Sent on 06/23/2018