AUX Boston Reviews

46 | Arlington, MA

46 Reviews for AUX Boston

Dan · Married on 11/04/2017

Michael was an extreme pleasure to work with for our wedding. Laid back, personable, and completely professional. His playlist kept our friends and family dancing all night, and many of our guests told us how awesome our DJ is. Can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/06/2017
  • Kelsie

Kelsie · Married on 10/14/2017

Mike was awesome!! He responded quickly to my emails, is extremely professional and kept the party going. The dance floor didn't empty once! He was absolutely fantastic and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ wedding. Music for us was a big deal and he killed it!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Kathleen · Married on 10/07/2017

Sparky did such an amazing job, kept it personal and exactly how we envisioned it! Everybody had such a great time! What was great was getting to know him through different meetings and going to his karaoke night, it helped with the ability to make it personal and makes you feel like a friend and not a client.

Sent on 10/08/2017
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/16/2017

Michael was amazing. We had specific ideas of what we wanted out of the music for our reception and not only did he accommodate all our desires, but he helped to edit some ideas and guide us to our eventual playlist which was my favorite reception playlist that I have ever heard, though I am undoubtedly biased. It ended up being perfectly tailored to who we are as a couple. It was personal and quirky while somehow still being energetic, fun, and accessible to all the guests. We had a few totally different styles of music we wanted and Michael wove everything together masterfully. I missed many aspects of my own wedding because I spent so much time dancing!

Sent on 10/04/2017

DEREK · Married on 09/09/2017

Great and easy to work with, super flexible and helpful, awesome mix of music for everybody there. Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Andrew · Married on 06/03/2017

We met with Mike after one of our other wedding vendors had recommended him and instantly dug his vibe while we just chatted over some drinks. He's a super friendly, funny, and professional guy, and he removed all the stress from making our music selections and planning out the night. All of our guests had an absolute blast, and it was nice that he really incorporated our personal preferences into the song selections throughout the evening. We would highly recommend using Mike and AUX Boston for your wedding!!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Emma · Married on 05/27/2017

It was a pleasure to work with Michael during our wedding planning and on the day itself. He did a terrific job with the music and had everyone dancing, from ages 17-85, which is a sign of his talent. He also did a great job of listening to our needs and preferences so that the music really fit us. Highly highly recommended!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Geoffrey · Married on 04/22/2017

Sparky was absolutely perfect! We met with him twice before the wedding so he could get a feel for our personalities and nail down any specific songs we wanted when and where. We almost ran into an issue with our uplighting, but he made sure the day before the wedding that it would be taken care of and it was. Knows when to talk and how to keep the party going all for the best price around!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Katy · Married on 03/18/2017

We used AUX Boston for our wedding in March 2017. I can't recommend him enough! Michael was such a pleasure to work with, from start to finish. He is super responsive and very friendly. He was more than willing to meet with us a couple of times before the wedding to go over our vision, playlists, etc. He took all of our requests to heart, but wasn't shy with his input if he thought it shouldn't be played. Our guests absolutely loved him as well - he knows how to read the room and give the guests what they want. We used him for both our reception (traditional DJ services) as well as our after party (full karaoke set up) and he made the transition and set up between the two event quick and seamless. Most importantly, his prices were by far the most reasonable we saw for any DJ in our area. Our day wouldn't have been the same without him! Thanks Michael!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Haley · Married on 10/08/2016

Michael from AUXBoston was amazing. We had a mixed Arab American wedding, and honestly, we were not super helpful is collecting the Arabic music. Michael sorted EVERYTHING out, the music was perfectly mixed and balanced between the two genres. Everyone loved it. He was also very professional and not gimmicky in the least. If you want a professional DJ for a great price who won't talk everyone's ear off, Michael is your man.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Mike · Married on 10/01/2016

Michael was very professional throughout the process. We stopped in to meet him during a karaoke night he was running to see how he worked the crowd. Even though he was busy, he made the time to stop and say hi. After we booked him he was in regular contact making sure he knew what kind of event we wanted (non-stop dancing), and to make sure he had the right equipment. He scouted locations at the venue and set-up and music was seamless. The entire wedding was dancing (even grandma). I would definitely recommend AUX Boston.

Sent on 02/20/2017

Michael · Married on 10/01/2016

We stopped in to see The People's Karaoke to see how Mike worked the crowd. Even though it was busy, he stopped by to say hello and thanks for stopping in. We met a few times and provided the type of music and some must plays/do not plays for the set list. He was professional, and when the day came he brought all his own equipment and set-up nicely at our venue. He had the entire wedding up and dancing all night just as we had requested. He played our must haves plus nicely mixed in other songs that fit with our play list (as we had discussed with him ahead of time). I highly recommend AUX Boston.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Laura · Married on 09/17/2016

From our first point of contact to the wedding day, Michael aka "Sparky" of Aux Boston was amazing! He definitely knows what he's doing. He's extremely responsive, organized and listens to exactly what you want. On top of that, he's just a really laid back, funny, and all-around enjoyable guy to be around. I'd work with him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/04/2017

e. · Married on 09/11/2016

He was great- should send a photo of everyone dancing-music was a perfect mix for both the wedding couple and their friends as well as the parents and their guests,. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Kimberly · Married on 08/27/2016

Perfect wedding DJ! Super flexible, gave us tons of recommendations and advice but left all the decision making up to us. He met with us well before the wedding so we could check music off our list of things to do but also let me change my mind about the song I walked down the aisle to the evening before the wedding. He set the tone for our cocktail hour and dinner perfectly and then had EVERYONE dancing all night. Can't say enough good things!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Joe · Married on 07/30/2016

Sparky and AUX Boston... It's just the greatest.

Really though, he really put some magic in my wedding and he drove pretty far to do it. He was perfect for working on my schedule, which was pretty much by the seat of my pants for the entire wedding planning process. I am pretty picky about my music and he was really good about reeling me in with some of my choices and mixing in his own influence because he has a great understanding of whats going to work. He was also more than accommodating when it came to my no-no list. (Seriously, I'm really f$#*!ng sick of nobody ever stopping believing. It's just not realistic.)

He had all the proper equipment to bring the party to a barn in the middle-of-nowhere-upstate-newyork ... lights, noise, dance moves. And we we properly mic'd up from the ceremony, to the cake to the properly blitzed groom standing on a table absolutely nailing "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" just before everyone was kicked out of the venue.

I would've gotten married without him, but I wouldn't have been happy about it.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Boris · Married on 11/21/2015

We met sparky through some friends, and decided on asking him to DJ at our wedding in 2015! We were very happy with the service provided, and had a blast. We setup a secret father/daughter dance that no one knew was coming, and there was a part where the record scratched and he played the part perfectly thinking his equipment was broken, sold everyone on it! He kept the whole party moving from start to finish!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 10/03/2015

Recommended Highly!

Michael was a joy to work with, extremely collaborative and flexible, took our suggestions on board but was great about expanding on our selections and choosing music that fit our mood and tastes without just pressing play on a playlist we'd created. Handled the room well, was an excellent emcee. Highly recommended to anyone seeking a fun and relaxed DJ with great taste (particularly if you're a bit nontraditional.) Also an excellent value for the top-notch service he provides.

Sent on 10/24/2018

He was awesome! He gave us what we asked for and he is a pleasure to be around.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Krista Sergi · Married on 08/07/2020

DJ and Spirit Guide

Music was an extremely important factor in our wedding because so many of our friends like to sing and dance. I had known Michael (we lovingly call him Sparky) from years of karaoke at Highland Kitchen in Somerville, Massachusetts, and he graciously agreed to come to Jersey for my wedding. He knows how to balance lots of specific requests with crowd pleasers. He let me jam out to Michael Bolton and honored my request for “Sussudio” by Phil Collins (he actually remixed it and everyone danced), and also kept our wedding guests dancing all night.
    Sparky knows music and is an excellent spirit guide for brides and grooms who either know their stuff or just want someone to pick the music for them.
    If you don’t know him from the karaoke circuit around Boston, trust a Jersey girl who has a rather large Italian family to keep happy- he is the best!

Sent on 12/15/2019

Bridgette · Married on 08/20/2017

I used Michael as my wedding DJ this past week, August 20, at Indian Pond Country Club in Kingston, MA. He was EXACTLY what we were looking for. Amazing value and just the right fit personality-wise. We didn't want all the crazy games and silly things that a lot of DJs do, and Michael was more than willing to go along with what we wanted. We requested a variety of music, including a number of Arabic songs for my husband's guests, and he mixed them in seamlessly. He was always available via email and phone, we had a great conversation about a week before the wedding to make sure we had all the details locked down. We both really appreciated his work, the wedding was perfect and it was due, in part, to Michael. Thank you!

Sent on 08/23/2017