Austin Occasions Reviews

71 | Austin, TX

71 Reviews for Austin Occasions

Austin Occasions was a dream to work with....staff was on time, very helpful and professional

Sent on 05/23/2013

Annette · Married on 04/20/2013

We hired Melissa and her staff to do the serving and bartending at the venue. They were MAGNIFICENT! For a bride with no wedding planner and a small army of family helping her out, they did a beautiful job. People complimented how professional they were and how efficient they were. The clean up at the end of the night was also much less work thanks to their help. Reasonably priced and close, local personnel to work with, I'd recommend these people to anyone who wants their day to be extra special.

Sent on 04/27/2013

Jill · Married on 03/30/2013

We used Austin Occasions for our bartenders at our wedding. It was very easy to communicate with the owners, Melissa and Maria, and the ladies who bartended were also fantastic. They were very fun to have at our wedding! And everyone in this company, from management to staff, is very well organized, on time, and reliable. HIGHLY recommended.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Heather · Married on 03/22/2013

If you are looking for any type of event services, I'd highly recommend Austin Occasions. I researched many different vendors for bartending and service and they had the most affordable pricing. In addition, their service the day of my wedding was unparalleled - they took care of everything I needed and even thought ahead on some matters. My guests were very pleased with the level of service and so was I.

Sent on 04/02/2013

Erika · Married on 03/02/2013

I contacted Austin Occasions to provide bar tenders for our March 2nd wedding at the Caswell House in Austin, TX. Melissa was very helpful from our first initial conversation and I knew that she and her team would do a wonderful job for us! We served beer, wine and champagne. Since I don't drink any of the items we were serving, I asked Melissa if she could make me, the bride, sangria. Without any hesitation, Melissa made and hid my special drink. Melissa and her team went above and beyond and I even saw Melissa clearing up tables to help our cateres! The team at Austin Occasions is friendly, fun, responsible, well-prepared, sharp, accommodating and overall professional! We would hire them again and highly recommend them! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/17/2013

Mona · Married on 03/01/2013

Excellent service and professional attire and conduct.

Sent on 03/12/2013

Eva · Married on 11/10/2012

We hired Melissa to do the day-of wedding organization for our wedding in November and she was amazing! She met with us before the wedding and gave us great advise based on her years of experience. She organized things during the rehersal as well as during the day of the wedding. We had a big wedding with lots of people and lots of kids, and the wedding venu was also new, and she did a great job of helping everyone stay organized! I would hire her again in a minute, and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • Isabel

Isabel · Married on 10/13/2012

Austin Occasions provided bartenders and security for our wedding and we were completely blown away by them! Everybody went above and beyond what we expected. From having the bride and grooms favorite drinks waiting for them after the ceremony to cleaning up messes on the dance floor they do it it all! When dinner was served they made a plate up for each of us and were constantly checking on our drinks and refilling when necessary. Throughout the night they were going around cleaning up trash on reception tables and making sure everything looked great. They were very responsive, accommodating and professional. I would recommend them a thousand times over for any event!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Austin Occasions's reply:

Thank you Isabel!! We had a great time.

Melissa

Austin Occasions helped make our wedding a gorgeous, fabulous event. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Travis L. · Married on 08/04/2020

Professional, fun, diligent

Melissa was extremely helpful in planning and executing our wedding! She helped push us towards some good decisions in our pre-wedding meetings, and marshaled excellent staff and quietly handled every detail the day of. Thanks to her, we got to enjoy our night with 0 headaches!

Sent on 05/14/2019

J · Married on 06/18/2016

Have used Austin Occasions several times in the past. (Not for weddings. :) They are thorough, fun, very professional, and cool under pressure. My guests loved them, my Family loves them, and I will definitely use their services again in the future.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Elisa · Married on 08/11/2013

The Austin Occasions staff really took care of everything and went above and beyond to make our wedding day flow smoothly. Our wedding had a lot of separate events and logistics, and they made sure that everything was exactly where it needed to be. In addition, they even thought of other details that we hadn't, so the decor was arranged beautifully, all the events were smoothly coordinated, and there were even extra special touches added in. Excellent service and value, and the staff were so sweet and helpful. We're really glad we picked Austin Occasions!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Maisha · Married on 05/19/2013

Austin occasions does it all! Set up, break down, clean up, bar service, and food serving. Took the load off of me. Really made my special day stress free.. Love u Melissa!

Sent on 05/30/2013

They provided the servers / staff for two of our wedding events, one for 30 people and one for 150 people. They all were very professional, helpful and took care of our guests. We did not have to worry about the food being served properly- they took care of it all. Afterwards, they made sure everything was cleaned up before they left. I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Kelsey · Married on 04/18/2015

3.5

Melissa was incredibly helpful to us from the beginning of our wedding planning process. She was knowledgeable, flexible and direct. Most importantly, she has the kind of event experience you need to throw a wedding (if you're a novice, like most brides). At every turn, she had a suggestion on how to solve a minor crisis- this made my day much more relaxing! I would highly recommend Melissa, not just for her expertise but also for her professional attitude and excellent value.

Sent on 04/26/2015

Molly · Married on 09/08/2012

Melissa provided wonderful day-of coordination for my wedding. She was organized and on top of everything. She handled all my DIY decor and centerpieces and it all looked beautiful. I didn't need to worry about a thing the whole day. Austin Occasions also provided bar tending services for my wedding. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and very attentive!

Sent on 09/28/2012
  • Julia

Julia S. · Married on 09/28/2019

Very Easy to Work With!

I want to give a huge thank you to Austin Occasions!

Thank you to Melissa who coordinated everything with me leading up to the wedding and a special thank you to the staff, and most specifically, Elona.

Unfortunately, my wedding planner was very disappointing and without Elona, so many things that were important to me, would have fallen through the cracks. Once it was evident that my coordinator wasn't going to do certain things she was supposed to, Elona teamed up with my mother and made sure everything came together effortlessly! She saved the day in so many ways and she and Sara and Keifer were hard-working, professional, and friendly!

I have used Austin Occasions for work events as well and they have always been great to work with!

The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is because I was told that the staff would be breaking down the tables and chairs at the end of the night and loading things up but those things weren't done so my dad and coordinator had to stay late to do this and I was charged extra from my coordinator. I completely understand that there weren't enough people to tackle this, but I wish that expectation hadn't have been set for me. It wasn't fair that my dad had to do this.

Overall, nice job!

Sent on 04/23/2020
  • Kalli

Kalli · Married on 04/28/2018

They gave me the waitstaff I needed and they even went and picked up our catering. Both waitresses were absolutely amazing once they arrived. There was a slight confusion on a few details the day of my wedding, but once Melissa was aware of the situation she helped make it better by comping our travel and pick up fees.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Austin Occasions's reply:

Gosh I am so sorry! I Am not sure what Happened but will call you now and give you a discount! I know it does not make it better! I am so sorry and will talk to the staff about the staff. Melissa

Mike · Married on 08/08/2015

We hired a bartender through Austin Occasions. He was fantastic, personable, friendly and everyone thought he was amazing. Probably one of the best, if not the best, bartender I have seen at an event.

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • User4298624 · event on: 07/31/2014

3.5

My request: "Hi! My brother is turning 40 and i"m looking for someone to go to his work in a Gorilla costume and strip for him. Costume stays on - going for humor."

Within an hour, I had an enthusiastic response and within the day, had the confirmation. Oh, and this was with only 2 days notice (because I plan so well in advance).

Thank you, Austin Occasions, Maria and the Stripping Gorilla (i don't know your name) for showing what great customer service looks and feels like!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Austin Occasions's reply:

Thanks so much Jason had fun!

Sabrina · Married on 10/30/2016

2.2
      3.0
      2.0

Melissa was on time to our initial meeting, late to my rehearsal. She wore a small, low cut, see through mini dress with sandals on my wedding day. Her staff and her were not able to read the plans for decorations, eventhough we had previously met at the venue (she was late to to this also) my family had to assist with hanging and placing decorations which means there are very few pictures of me with my mom and sister getting ready on one of my most important days. There were few photos of my father getting ready with the groom. During the entire event, she wasn't available or making sure announcements were happening. Several of my guests left because they thought we left. We were taking our pictures and she asked us to stop because guests were leaving rather than explain what we were doing. Again, more memories lost because she didn't fulfill her promise.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Austin Occasions's reply:

I am so sorry that you feel this way about your wedding experience. However, we were contracted to do a job that required more staff and you assured me that you had family members helping with the ceremony site & inside lighting which we had indicated to you was going to be a difficult task (very high ceilings) with only 3 staff members (including myself) who you had hired to handle all the food, set-up, decorating, maintenance and trash. There were no other vendors at this wedding besides the photographer. I was concerned from the beginning about this but I wanted to do everything I could to fit within your budget. I brought my staff 30 minutes early to your wedding because I was concerned about set-up. I also spent 2 hours at your rehearsal so that you could take a break and eat. I remember we had started late because we were waiting for family members to show up. In regards to my dress, I wore sandals because I found my self running back and forth throughout your wedding and had to take my heels off. This wedding needed much more staff and I feel like I took as many opportunities as I could to let you know that we were only 3 people handling an entire wedding.