Austin Occasions Reviews

71 | Austin, TX

71 Reviews for Austin Occasions

Elizabeth · Married on 09/04/2015

I highly recommend Austin Occasions! Communicating with Melissa up until the day of my wedding was super easy! She was incredible to work with! She even stepped in helped at my reception when one of her servers called in sick. Austin Occasions made my reception run so smooth and kept me worry free! I will definitely use them again if the opportunity arises!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Nora · Married on 06/07/2015

Melissa and her team are so great! I hired Melissa to be our day-of assistant, as well as two bartenders from Austin Occasions. Melissa worked with me in the months before our wedding to craft a service package that worked with our budget and needs for the event. She was incredibly responsive throughout the whole planning process and I felt confident that I could rely on her for great service the day-of. I am so, so thankful that I hired Melissa to be there to help run the show! She kept things moving and took care of all the little details so that after all the planning, I could really enjoy my wedding. She even saved me when I spilled a beer on my dress during the dance party — she knew exactly what to do, cleaned me up, and sent me back to the party and my dress has no stains!. Thank you Melissa and the team, you really made our night magnificent with your seamless help.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Jessica · Married on 03/14/2015

Melissa was absolutely incredible and extremely professional!!! My wedding day wouldn't have gone as smoothly as it did with out her.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Sean · Married on 12/22/2014

The Austin Occasions team was very helpful and extremely professional. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is planning an event. :)

Sent on 01/20/2015

Lili · event on: 12/13/2014

I have used Austin Occasions for Three years. The quality of their party staffing services is the best I ever experienced. In addition I find their services have the best value in Austin.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Katy · Married on 09/13/2014

Excellent People to work with, very friendly and professional!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/16/2014

We cannot say enough good things about Melissa and her whole staff at Austin Occasions! They were absolutely wonderful. We fully enjoyed our time with friends and family because every last detail handled with ease by Melissa. I would highly recommend Austin Occasions for any event planning needs!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Codey · Married on 07/05/2014

I hired Austin Occassions to waiter my wedding dinner. They were beyond perfect and went above and beyond what I was expecting. Along with doing their job of waiting tables Stevie and his crew of professionals quickly took charge of their surroundings and provided excellent wait service, as well as, finishing up some of the cooking for my grandmas recipe dinner. They also kept everything very tide, cleaning up after everyone making it easy for our cleanup the next morning. They were by far the best hired help I could ask for.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Thank you!!! We love weddings

Beatriz · Married on 05/31/2014

We had several compliments from our guests who took note of the staff's friendliness and helpfulness not to mention speed. I was pleasantly surprised when my husband and I sat down and a member of the Austin Occasions staff come over quickly to take our drink/food order. The professionalism and high quality work that was provided allowed us and our guests to enjoy our wedding day. They not only provided food servers but also bartenders, set up and clean up crew and all had a smile on their face. Thank you a million times over!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Annie · Married on 05/31/2014

Melissa from Austin Occasions was amazing!!!!! If you are a looking for a wedding coordinator you should look into her! She helped with the leading up planning and did the whole day of coordination. I didn't even need to speak to a majority of my vendors as she had everything taken care of. She was respectful in honoring our wishes and going with the flow when needed. My groom didn't think we needed a wedding coordinator but after the wedding all he could say it was the best money we have ever spent and he would have spent a lot more for all Melissa did for us. She was very on top of things during the day of which helped my family and maid of honor relax like I felt they should. She was very sweet and worked for all vendors very well. I would recommend her to anyone because of her knowledge and ability to get things done quickly and smoothly!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Ryan · Married on 05/25/2014

We hired bartenders from Austin Occasions for our May wedding, and they did such a wonderful job! They mixed our Sangria, cut tons of fruit, and assembled our entire Sangria bar and bar set up. Service was excellent as well. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Ellen · Married on 04/12/2014

Melissa and her Team were wonderful, and the wedding could not of been more perfect. She was great at directing everyone to where they needed to be and what they needed to do. When I had a little miss-hap with my train falling down in the middle of our first dance, she was a life saver running out and fixing it quickly so we could get on with our dance. I am so happy that we found you for our wedding, and I would recommend you to anyone that needs a coordinator for any type of event. If we ever have another event, you can be sure that your team will be the first ones that I contact.

Danny & Ellen

Sent on 05/07/2014

Austin Occasions's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review!!

Erin · Married on 04/06/2014

Melissa from Austin Occasions was great! She was easy to work with and was able to roll with the punches at my wedding--which ended up being on a cold/rainy day in Austin in April! So, the outdoor ceremony we had planned had to be moved onto the porch--which means Melissa had to figure out how to set up the chairs and decorations in a totally unplanned way. She did a great job and really let me just relax and be a bride. I highly recommend Melissa as a day-of coordinator. She and her team will work their hardest to make your wedding go smoothly.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Tara · Married on 03/09/2014

I couldn't have done it without her. I highly recommend Austin Occasions. She was very helpful.

Sent on 03/19/2014

Austin Occasions's reply:

Thank you Ladies !!!I had a great time.It is such a great job to get to be part of peoples weddings I feel lucky!

Mark · Married on 03/01/2014

Melissa was an incredible asset as our "Day Of" Wedding Coordinator. Once we brought her on board she was thorough, well prepared and helped guide us through many of the details we had left out. On the day of, she was instrumental in ensuring that our wedding exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend Melissa and the Austin Occasions staff.

Sent on 03/23/2014

We hired Melissa on very short notice, and she and her staff really came through for us! They were timely, professional, and they worked very hard to make sure our wedding was flawless! Austin Occasions are highly recommended!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Tiffany · Married on 01/02/2014

Melissa was absolutely wonderful!

The event was perfect! I hired Melissa to run the "Day of" event - aka Wedding, and to help us with the floral for the event so we could put them all together. As the event got near, she was always on top of it, and understand for any changes that may have occurred. With family traveling in from town, it was sometimes tough to get exact dates locked down.

On the day of the event, any changes she managed on the fly, as always something happens and it did. But the best part, is I barely even noticed it because it was just handled. It was set up and managed exactly how I envisioned and even better. All of my friends and family also commented on how professional, but approachable and direct she was in getting stuff done. The event itself went off perfectly (and ahead of schedule) which allowed us to spend more time talking with each and every one of our guests. She was fantastic to work with, and for any other major event here in Austin, I will absolutely be calling her back.

I would HIGHLY recommend Melissa - either for your day of coordination, or for your entire event planning.

Sent on 01/19/2014

Kristina · Married on 12/13/2013

Melissa was amazing! We hired her as our day-of coordinator and couldn't have made a better choice. We met with her a few times before the wedding, going through the walk through and sorting out all the little details. She knows what she's doing and had great suggestions from our walk through to where to put the bar, from what time we should arrive to when to do the cake cutting. We made our own centerpieces, table numbers, menu cards, which she gladly put together before our reception. We bought our own tablecloths and chair ties, which she also put out and organized. She even sewed on my button, which fell off my dress before our first dance, AND sewed my mom's dress on her, when her zipper broke. And no one even knew about either one. She guided us along the entire night flawlessly. At the end of the night she picked up everything, including the gifts and dropped them off at the hotel. I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator or a better price!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Thank You!!
    Austin Occasions

Leticia · Married on 10/19/2013

I am so happy that I found Austin Occasions. It was, of course, was last minute cry for help. Our small wedding celebration was in need of a few extra hands to help with serving, busing and clean-up.

I filled out the online form and the next day received a response from the lovely office staff. The cost was within our limited budget. Maria and Jason were prompt, professional, fun and so very helpful -- they assisted me with the details from the very large to very important small that may go awry at an event.

I received many compliments from the guest regarding their service. The result? A happy wedding reception coordinator (me) and ecstatic wedding couple!

I highly recommend and will use Austin Occasions for all other events in the future.

Leticia Olivarez

Sent on 10/25/2013

Kristy · Married on 10/19/2013

Melissa from Austin Occasions was wonderful. I really enjoyed working with her for my wedding and she was a HUGE help, especially with keeping up with our timeline on the day of and making sure everything got done. We also used Austin Occasions for our bar staff and our 2 bar tenders were awesome as well!

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • keelee

Keelee · Married on 10/12/2013

Working with Austin Occassions was great! I used them for bartending services for our wedding and I was able to communicate all my questions and needs with Melissa through email. We purchased all the alcohol from specs and was able to come up with two self serve cocktails drinks. They setup a full bar and served our 170 guest! Our guest loved them and it was a pleasure to work with them!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Rachel · Married on 08/24/2013

Mind blowing! Melissa and Austin Occasions are absolutely amazing, and I can't imagine having my wedding without her help. Melissa and her staff took care of every detail and made our wedding and reception run smoothly. We would absolutely use Austin Occasions again for any event.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Thank you!

Melissa and Austin Occasions were my wedding day-of coordinator and staff. Melissa did a wonderful job answering my questions before the wedding and making sure I had everything I needed for a great party. It was reassuring to know that on the day of the wedding I had nothing to worry about, and Melissa dealt with a few issues that came up no problem. All of the bartenders and staff were super friendly and professional and Melissa did a good job of keeping me on schedule, especially with portraits and bridal party photos. I would definitely use Austin Occasions again and 100% recommend them for any party planning.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/15/2013

Melissa was awesome! She was always there for us, when we had questions. On the day of, she showed up with her crew and handled everything. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding. Everything was perfect!!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Susan · Married on 05/25/2013

We hired a bartender and parking attendants. They were very friendly and eager to do anything that needed to be done. After the parking was finished, they came in and bused tables and then when it was time to cut the cake, they took care of that without being asked. I would highly recommend them for any function. Thank you very much Melissa, you and your staff are great people to work with!!

Sent on 05/28/2013