Auntie B's Bakery Reviews

27 | Santa Rosa, CA

27 Reviews for Auntie B's Bakery

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Elizabeth · Married on 05/01/2011

Auntie B's Bakery did my wedding cake and they did an amazing job! The cake tasted amazing and the presentation of the cake was beautiful! Thank you so much Auntie B's for making my wedding cake perfect!

Melanie · Married on 07/31/2010

We never met anyone from Auntie B's because our cake and cake details were arranged by our wedding venue. When we did our tasting, we had a hard time choosing what we wanted because everything was SO good. We ended up picking two different things for our cake... Buttercream Frosting with Golden Chiffon and Champagne custard and Buttercream Frosting with Chocolate Chiffon and Chocolate Mousse and Raspberry Mousse. It ended up being DELICIOUS and everyone loved it!

We had a 3-tier cake (round, square, round) and had a design on the cake from some of the special paper we used for our programs. The cake was beautiful.

• dreadrakins

Andrea · Married on 07/23/2010

The cakes were delicious!!! I'm very happy with how the cake turned out, it was beautiful!!! I'm still waiting to see pictures of what the grooms cake looked like (had issues with my coordinator putting the cake where I asked... my husband and I never saw it :( ) We had a piece of it though and it was great!! Auntie B worked with us and allowed my husband to choose his own personalization to his cake... Army men with a helicopter ;) Can't wait to eat the top tear soon!! Thank you Auntie B!!

Kaci · Married on 04/10/2010

Auntie B made us the most gorgeous cake! Not only was it covered in hot pink sugar sprinkles with gold dusted Peeps on top, she added gorgeous flowers that mimicked our invites.
    The cake was not just gorgeous but tasted AMAZING! Everyone was raving about how yummy it was! We loved how B brought our vision to life and embraced our unique design. She was a complete joy to work with. Thanks B!

Paige · Married on 10/11/2009

I don't have enough good things to say about Bea and her cakes! She was a delight to work with creating a cake for my wedding and not only was it beautiful but more importantly delicious! We had one layer of chocolate with chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries, one of lemon and lemon curd with fresh raspberries and the top layer of carrot cake to eat the next morning...yum...I even caught guests taking pieces off other tables to get an extra slice:)

Erica · Married on 08/29/2009

Auntie B is wonderful. Our cake was delicious! We had the lemon bavarian and the chocolate mousse, can't wait till our one year anniversary so we can taste it again.

jared · Married on 06/27/2009

A beautiful cake, light, fluffy and delicious. We got lots of compliments on the cake. The staff is very easy to work with.

Laura · Married on 05/31/2009

Our cake by Auntie B was perfect and exactly what we had asked for. The planning process was simple and Auntie B accommodated our needs. The cake was delicious and our guests raved about it! (We had a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and white buttercream frosting.) The buttercream was not to sweet and the cake was moist. Yum!

Vanessa · Married on 05/31/2009

It was such a pleasure to work with Auntie B's--they were very professional. I loved our cake...it both looked and tasted amazing!

Susan · Married on 05/16/2009

We loved our wedding cake from Auntie B's! I was extremely happy with the taste and overall appearance. Our guests raved over how delicious the cake was too. Best of all - I loved the simplicity of the process. We chose simple but excellent flavors and picked a classic design from her collection. With so many different wedding decisions to make I loved how simple and easy it was to work with B.

• Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 04/25/2009

Yum. Auntie B's cake was so delicious. The cake disappeared (i.e., was devoured) in a matter of minutes, and everyone was raving about how delectable it was. Her cakes are fresh, moist, oh-so tasty, and much more affordable than other bakers that we considered. Also, Bee worked with me to create a fun design for our cake: I sent her a PDF of the invitation that I designed, and she used that to create a beautiful, matching cake. Thanks, Bee!

Lynn · Married on 09/05/2008

I'm not big on desserts, but we absolutely loved Bee's chiffon cake when we visited her! She's very friendly and easy to work with, and very reasonably-priced. Her champagne custard is the best!

Nathalie · Married on 08/23/2008

We loved our cake, and Bee was so helpful and nice when we visited her (both when we were choosing cakes and later when we finalized details). The cake was wonderful, and most importantly, it tasted great! I usually don't like cake, and joked with my fiancee that we should do something different like a wedding cobbler instead. I was a convert after tasting the light, delicate chiffon cakes that Auntie B's makes. We visited 10 places in a weekend all over the Bay Area and Napa, and the cake from Auntie B's was by far the best. It was also very reasonably priced compared to others in the area ($840 for a generously portioned 120 person cake).

Stephanie · Married on 08/17/2008

Auntie B's was the best bakery I went to. It was included in my package with Wedgewood Wedding and Banquet Center and now I know why. They are so friendly and accommodating for any requests and the cake was delicious! I have been to many weddings where the cake was dry and had no flavor but not here!!! At the cake tasting we couldn't get enough it was so good. They decorated the cake exactly as we described and it was absolutely beautiful!

• F

Priscilla · Married on 07/26/2008

I loved the service and the cake was delicious. The entire cake was gone. They were able to make enough for all of the wedding guests and it was reasonable price for the 150 guests.

karen · Married on 07/04/2008

Auntie B's Bakery created a wonderful cake for our July wedding in Calistoga. The cake was absolutely fantastic and our guests kept commenting how delicious it was! Guests kept going back for seconds! We will have to order an anniversary cake from Auntie B's next summer. I highly recommend her services your wedding. Her cakes are very reasonably priced, she's great to work with, and the cake was one of the best parts of our wedding day.

Tiffany · Married on 10/06/2007

Everyone loved our cake! We only had one problem not due to Auntie B's! The top cake was dropped by a family member on the way home & we didn't get to save it! :( We were looking forward to it!

We will just have to order a fresh one for our 1 year anniversary! Yummy!

Katja · Married on 09/29/2007

Working with Auntie B's was wonderful. She (Bee) was always very quick to answer any questions I had, and the cake was absolutely the best wedding cake I have ever tasted. And it looked so beautiful too. I would highly recommend Auntie B's to anyone getting married.

Heather · Married on 09/08/2007

In a word - Heavenly. Auntie B held our hand, let us taste several cakes, made suggestions as to types, size and style. Allowed us to e-mail her photos of the wedding dress design and recreated it in the piping of the cake. Then she delivered it herself, set it up and put the final touches to it. I didn't have to worry one little bit.

Our guests were awed and are still talking about how wonderful the wedding cake tasted.

I would highly recommend Auntie B's services and would love to send a photo of the masterpiece she created.

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2007

The cake was out of this world! And so beautiful! Auntie B's is my favorite bakery and I will only use them for any cake I will need in the future for any occasion! Everyone at my wedding said the cake was absolutely delicious! Thank you Auntie B's!

Stephanie · Married on 07/28/2007

Auntie B's was great! Very professional and we never had to worry about a thing. The cake was designed just how we wanted and set up perfectly. I highly recommend Auntie B's to any bride.

Elena · Married on 05/20/2007

Auntie B makes the BEST CAKE ever. Don’t waste your time tasting more cake, she is the one you need! Her “chiffon cake” is soft, tasty, light and delicious. The fillings are all amazingly good, you will have a hard time picking only a few.
    She treats you with kindness and works within your budget. She is warm and attentive like a real aunt, we felt at home in her bakery. She made extra-cake for free when we realized we had more guests than we had planned on. She is amazing and I strongly recommend her.

Jody · Married on 07/23/2005

Our wedding cake was amazing! They had several options for cake types/flavors. Everyone stated how wonderful the cake was. It was so beautiful and exactly what I pictured. You could definitely taste the quality of the cake!

Evonne · Married on 07/12/2008

Auntie B's Bakery has a wonderful range of cake styles and flavors to match your tastes. I really loved the freshness, good use of seasonal fruits, tasty flavors, designs, and the flexibility to have several types of cake at our wedding. And Bea, the owner is wonderful to work with; very professional, pleasant, sincere. Overall, a great experience and we know where we'll be getting our one year anniversary cake!

Sunny · Married on 08/22/2009

Auntie B's cake was absolutely delicious, I still wish I could eat it most days. We had three different flavored tiers and (after saving 2 pieces for the anniversary) served the top tier which had fresh strawberries with lemon bavarian cream during our family brunch the next day! The frosting color was a lovely match to my steel blue bridesmaids dresses and she arranged the yellow dahlias perfectly atop the cake.

My mom, sister and I had a great time sampling the cakes (my husband opted out :) and really had fun designing the cake with Bea. I got the best idea of serving the cake on an antique silver tea tray from a picture I saw in her portfolio and had so much fun searching eBay to find the perfect tray. The cake was gorgeous and I received tons a compliments.

The only thing I was disappointed about was that the sketch we'd made together for the monogram plaque wasn't recreated quite right, and the monogram my friend designed wasn't either. I will say that my mom dropped the tray and the monogram sketch off 2 days before the wedding so it likely would have been better if I was there to review everything with Bea. Overall I was happy and the cake was exquisitely delicious!