Aunt Haybees Reviews

3 | Statesville, NC

3 Reviews for Aunt Haybees

When I first read the previous review posted about this vendor, I was hesitant about ordering favors for our September wedding. I read the reviews on the vendor's Etsy site as well and I noticed that the seller had set her shop to vacation mode and she said she and her family were taking some time off because of a family emergency, so I sent a message asking about her reviews and I waited for her reply upon her return.

She was gracious enough to email me back while still away from her shop and explained to me that she and her husband were dealing with two family emergencies involving her grandfather losing his battle with cancer and her father-in-law suffering from a heart attack. She explained that she felt that she and her husband had fallen behind because of this and were taking the time to catch up, be with their loved ones, and figure out how to bounce back on their feet. She assured me that even though some of the reviews had been accurate about shipping delays, she could get our order out to us as requested. She took acknowledgement and ownership of her reviews.

She was warm, friendly, and I felt they were sincere. I was right. We ordered and even though processing times are listed as 4 weeks during their slow season and 6 - 8 weeks during wedding season, she completed our order in 3 weeks and we have it in our hands for our wedding in September. We ordered a mix of honey favors and jam favors and my fiance decided we had to taste test them when they arrived. They were delicious! We both loved the honey so much, we're planning on ordering more honey for my parent's anniversary party in June.

My fiance loves the little jars and their decorations and if she's happy, so am I. I definitely recommend Aunt Haybees. They've had a rough 2014, but you can tell that the shop owner cares about the favors and about the couples who order from them. Just make sure you order with plenty of time and be clear about event dates and your accurate shipping address.

Sent on 03/14/2015

3.5
      2.5

You need to allow plenty of time to receive your order. I ordered 200 hot chocolate favors at the end of October being told I would receive them mid to end December with plenty of time for my January 3rd wedding. I touched base on December 11, 2014 to see how they were coming. I saw that the ship date had been moved back until December 26th. When I touched base, I was promised two-day shipping. I also requested the shipping address to be changed once we found out how late they would arrive, which they agreed to change for me.
    However, they were not shipped on December 26th. I was told they were being sent via two-day shipping. I contacted them many times through ETSY and Facebook and finally received a message saying they were in route on January 1st. You also will not receive a tracking number no matter how many times you ask for one. I received them on January 2nd (THE AFTERNOON BEFORE MY WEDDING) but not at the address that was agreed upon. While the favors were perfect and we received many complements, the lack of communication, the late arrival, and the favors being sent to the wrong address added way too much stress to my family and I leading up to the wedding. Additionally, while searching for more contact information the week of my wedding, seeing others’ review about shipping issues and communication problems only added to the stress and concern

Sent on 01/13/2015

1.8
      1.0

Ordered favors two months before the event and they didn't show up on time. She waits until the last minute to send them and doesn't respond to your emails. When we got back from our honeymoon, the party favors were sitting on our doorstep and it was sticky. Several of the jars had broken in transit due to poor packing. Stay away from this one, there are better options out there.

Sent on 10/18/2015