Atlantic Premier Entertainment Reviews

40 | Wilmington, NC

40 Reviews for Atlantic Premier Entertainment

Kristin · Married on 06/06/2015

Great DJ for our wedding!

Easy and fun to work with - flexible and gave great suggestions for songs, etc

Sent on 01/28/2019

ralph · Married on 09/27/2014

Did a great job and what stayed longer for the guest. Our wedding was beautiful with Eric touch.

Sent on 01/30/2015

Atlantic Premier Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Ralph. Yours and Jennifer's wedding was an absolute BLAST!! Thanks for having me be such an integral part of your special day.

Lesley · Married on 05/17/2014

Eric will ROCK the house!!!!! I COULD NOT HAVE IMAGINED OUR WEDDING ANY BETTER!!!! he will have everyone involved and thoroughly enjoying it! I met Eric at a wedding expo and knew immediately we were going to get along great!!! His personality and work ethic is what We were looking for! Fun, Energetic, and knows how to throw a party! We had 300 guests anywhere from kids to 90 years old and they are still talking about how great he was!!!
    Thank you so much we cannot wait to have you DJ another party for us
    Love,
    Sten & Lesley

Sent on 08/01/2014

Atlantic Premier Entertainment's reply:

You guys know how to throw a party! With a group like yours I couldn't go wrong! Thank you for having me there. That venue is absolutely amazing and you guys were soooo much fun!

John · Married on 10/21/2006

Prompt, professional, great with a crowd!

Sent on 01/30/2015

Stephen & Jessi · event on: 10/18/2014

For every bride and groom out there trying to decide if Eric is the best DJ for you, I can tell you with 100% certainty that he is! Here is just a snip it of why:

Eric is a wonderful person and he will go above and beyond to make sure your night is special. He thought up an intro song for us on the fly when we had forgotten to and announced our entrance like every couple dreams of. When the dance floor died down or people didn't know the steps to a dance HE actually got out there and got the party started again. He did everything the way we wanted and THEN some. He reminded us that the night was about us and kept us smiling. He was funny, professional, SO entertaining and everyone absolutely LOVED him!

Not only did he travel out of state to accommodate our needs, he also found out what our theme colors were and bought lighting to match perfectly. It was a complete surprise because we were perfectly fine with what he already had but his thoughtfulness ended up being a life saver; we found out last minute that our venue was double booked our new venue had floor to ceiling pink tinted windows which made the entire room an awful shade of pink. Eric made everything better and we didn't even have to ask.

Eric and his team managed our lighting, music and worked with our catering and planning team flawlessly to make sure everything we needed announced was done so perfectly; he did everything the way we wanted and THEN some. My catering and planning ladies also said nothing but good things about him which is definitely something you want. With all the stress of planning a big party of any kind, the last thing you want to have to worry about is your DJ. During all of the chaos we knew we could count on Eric to throw down and he did not disappoint. Thank you Atlantic Premier Entertainment for making our night one we will never forget!

XOXO Stephen & Jessi

Sent on 02/10/2015

Katie · event on: 12/15/2014

Eric is fantastic and had worked many events for us. He always keeps the crowd going, plays appropriate music and helps to ensure a smooth and well-loved event!

Sent on 02/18/2015

Maggie · Married on 10/21/2017

We had John for our DJ. He was awesome! Very up-beat, quick on his feet with requests and our crazy guests! Had one slip up for the music during the ceremony, but it was more the coordinator at the venue's fault for sending the wrong people down. He was able to adjust and keep the music going. Would highly recommend their services!!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

amy · Married on 08/30/2014

Eric did an amazing job at our wedding! He was very energetic and was very flexible with what my husband and I both wanted on our wedding day! He played most of the songs we wanted, and definitely got everyone on their feet! I would recommend Atlantic Premier to DJ at any wedding or party!! He did a great job! Thanks

Sent on 09/16/2014

Atlantic Premier Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We strive to provide a Premier experience for every bride and groom. Brides and grooms like you guys make our job easy!

Kat · Married on 07/14/2017

My husband and I had John as our DJ for our wedding and he was awesome! He braved the heat and played our music perfectly at our ceremony, which we really appreciated considering our song choices were very specific and obscure. At our reception, he kept everyone on the dance floor all night long, which helped make our wedding so much fun and unforgettable amongst our family & friends. My husband, our guests and I all felt that we had the time of our lives thanks to John and the "soundtrack" he provided for our wedding. The only constructive feedback we received from guests was in regards to the dancing portion of the reception, as they felt that guests could have been "hyped up" more to get on the dance floor at first. The only other improvements that my husband and I feel could be made are in terms of electronic communication and in the utilization of the song requests list. I noticed during the planning process that there seemed to be issues with my emails being sent to Eric, as they did not seem to go through properly unless I sent a message through the website versus through regular email. With initiating contact via their website, I found that Eric was very quick in terms of his responsiveness and it transferred seamlessly to my email. In addition, my husband and I were surprised that some songs weren't played from our "Must Play" list, although this could have been attributed to time constraints. Overall, though, we had an incredibly experience.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/01/2018

Eric was great to work with! We were traveling from out of town for our wedding and he was extremely flexible with meeting with us after hours and on weekends. He's very friendly and personable and got the job done! Many of our guests don't take orders well and it could be like herding cats with them. Eric herds cats like a pro! He got them to do what we needed them to do while being professional and not at all pushy. We received multiple compliments on our DJ at the wedding and would happily use him for other events or just shoot him a message next time we're in town to hang out.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Atlantic Premier Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. We try to be as accommodating as possible. Planning a wedding isn't easy and if our flexibility can lend itself to your planning process being made easier, then we are all for it! You definitely had an active crowd, but it was a LOT of fun and that's what we shoot for! As for hanging out...I'm definitely game for that! You guys were a blast and we should definitely hang out the next time you are in town! Congratulations again and all the best from me and my team here at Atlantic Premier Entertainment.

shaunita · Married on 03/18/2017

Our DJ was fantastic. As my side of the family is from the Caribbean there was concern about finding a DJ well versed in reggae and soca and the subculture mix of Caribbean and African american families. They did not disappoint, they were familiar and did additional research. My husbands grandfather commented affectionately " I thought the DJ was a brotha". We danced all night and we had a great time. Flexibility was great cause nothing went according to plan and we had to move things around. Only reason its not 5 out of 5 is some songs couldn't be downloaded quickly onsite but they has more than what we needed. My uncle played the piano for the music procession and the DJ set up all the equipment needs and sounded beautiful like a grand piano.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Atlantic Premier Entertainment's reply:

Your wedding was particularly fun for me. The requests were different from the norm and I LOVE reggae and soca music so I had a BLAST! The remote nature of your event did not lend well to great cell service so that was what caused the delay in downloading some of the music, but I'm glad that we eventually got them all in! Congratulations on your new journey in life with your husband. We wish you all the best!

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

3.5

We loved John, our DJ! He was so easy to work with and was happy to play songs from our list. He kept the night moving and the dance floor full!

Sent on 10/19/2016
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 03/03/2018

We were lucky in that our venue contract included the music for the ceremony and reception, provided by Atlantic Premier Entertainment. Eric was our contact from the beginning and he was very responsive. We started building out our song requests with the log in they provided, and it was super easy to use. We included our music selections for the ceremony, reception formalities, and the must plays. Eric then set up a call with us a week before the wedding and we talked to him about all our requests. He was fantastic! So easy to talk to, such great energy, and we were really excited for the day! He did a wonderful job with the music at the ceremony and reception - we were so pleased!

Sent on 03/18/2018

Laura · Married on 07/23/2016

2.6
      2.0

Unfortunately, we did not have the best experience with this DJ company- it was not a bad experience- but definitely not great. At first we were told our DJ was going to be a John, then it was a Nick. All communication was difficult. I had to email repeatedly and do everything. I didn't get to actually talk to our DJ over the phone until 9:45pm (which is too late) the week of the wedding!

The music at the ceremony was what I picked- so that was great. But the music at the reception... not modern at all. My fiancé and I are a young couple (22) and many of our guests were in the 40's and 50's-- so I understood wanting to play music that suited those guests. But what we discussed on the phone was modern pop (like the stuff you hear on the radio) with some throwbacks from the 80's and 90's, we also agreed that SOME beach music would be okay. Well- until we actually hit the dance floor it was entirely beach music. Then once we hit the dance floor- the songs were not modern at all!! I also asked him to play some line dancing songs, but he played them all at once, when many of my guests kept asking for modern songs. When my husband and best man asked him to play modern music, he said he didn't have any except for Sugar by Maroon 5. That was kind of ridiculous to me- how does a wedding DJ have no modern pop songs when that was the request? The DJ was a very nice man- but he was not suited for a young bride and groom. Don't get me wrong, our wedding was a fun time because my family will party to anything, but it was definitely not the music the bride, groom or wedding party would usually listen to. It just could've been so much better. Then at the end of the night they make you sign a document saying that everything was fantastic (no choice if it wasn't?)

In full disclosure- we did not pick our music vendor- we did our wedding through St. James Plantation and the DJ and Cake (which was wonderful) vendors are preselected.

Sent on 08/04/2016

Kristen · Married on 05/18/2018

0.8
      0.5
      0.5

The only part of our wedding that we were disappointed with was the DJ. Starting with the initial planning process, I had a hard time getting a response from Eric via email. I typically would have to follow up my emails with a phone call in order to get his attention. We scheduled several times to talk on the phone leading up to the wedding to go over all the details and 2+ times Eric either cancelled, didn't answer or seemed like he didn't remember we had scheduled it.

My husband and I created our playlist in Eric's event planner tool - and it included plenty of songs that would've lasted even longer than our wedding reception - but he played other songs that weren't even on our list. Music is a love of ours so to hear random songs at our wedding when we spent hours creating a playlist specific to us was extremely disappointing. I included every single detail in the event planner tool including what song the bridal party would be entering to, etc. yet upon arrival at cocktail hour, Eric rushed up to me to ask me what song we were entering to. Not a great first impression, especially from an extremely organized bride.

At the reception, my expectation from Eric was to keep things rolling from a timeline perspective (as was promised to us), but our toasts started 20+ minutes late which delayed everything else and so the time on the dance floor was majorly cut down - huge disappointment since we love to dance. The toasts could have started far earlier as all the guests were sitting around their tables, already finished eating - just waiting on the toasts to start - but Eric was not organized enough to start them on time.

Overall, we were extremely disappointed. As a bride, you want to work with vendors that are quick to respond, follow-up with scheduled calls and then follow the actual timeline and playlist and execute accordingly. This was not the case with Eric and Atlantic Premier Entertainment.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Atlantic Premier Entertainment's reply:

Kristen, we are sorry to hear you were not happy with the services you received for your wedding. Our DJ’s are highly trained, skilled professionals who work very hard to accommodate even the most detail oriented couples. While investigating your claim of slow response times, we reviewed the entire email chain between you and our company and found that all but one email was returned within 24-hours. Many of them were returned within minutes. Your event timing was followed as closely as possible all evening, but we defer to the planner on site for implementing the timeline. The DJ did not determine the start time for your toasts, nor was he responsible for them being delayed. He began them as soon as he was given the go ahead by the planner. Concerning your statement that the DJ played “random songs”, your music selections were used exclusively until he saw guests were no longer dancing. In an attempt to entice guests to the dance floor, he decided to exercise the creative license, granted by the contract, to play a song not on your list. Once told you wanted him to stick to the dictated list, he promptly returned to that list and remained true to it for the rest of the night. At no point prior, were we told you expected us to ONLY play the music you listed. You were told by us that the song list you provide us acts as a guideline, not as an etched-in-stone playlist, and you made no mention of your desire for us to play only from your list. Had that been the case, there would have been no deviation from your music selections. In response to your claim the DJ rushed last minute to ask about your introduction song, please note we always verify song selections on site to ensure complete accuracy. He was only to verifying no last-minute changes had been made. Again, we are very disappointed you were not satisfied with our services, especially on such an important day. We will certainly use your feedback to improve our future offerings.