Atlantic Cake Company, LLC Reviews

87 Reviews for Atlantic Cake Company, LLC

Atlantic Cake Company, LLC 1
Atlantic Cake Company, LLC 2

Jenna · Married on 07/18/2015

Atlantic Cake Company was a great company to work with in designing my wedding cake. Susan was very responsive and helpful throughout the process. She designed my cake from a picture I sent her and it turned out beautiful. She met with my husband and I early in the process and conducted a cake and icing tasting with us. We got to customize the flavors of our cake to fit what we wanted. It was delicious!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Atlantic Cake Company, LLC's reply:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your cake!! Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day.

Jenna · Married on 09/15/2014

We got cupcakes for our wedding instead of a cake and I'm so glad we did! Atlantic Cake Company had SO many choices but we went with chocolate pb and key lime and they were a huge hit. They are standard size cupcakes and Rob and Susan let us add edible glitter and gold foil liners for no extra charge. They came and set them up in time and were super easy to work with. We had a lot of extras but took them back to our beach house and they were gone pretty quick! Nothing bad to say about ACC! Thank you!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Atlantic Cake Company, LLC's reply:

So glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for choosing us!

Carina · Married on 06/28/2014

We loved our adorable custom wedding cake from Atlantic Cake. They were flexible with a special request we had and delivered exactly what we requested. Wedding cakes are expensive, that's just that, so we got creative and they worked with us to make sure we got the look we wanted but stayed in the budget we needed to. I would highly recommend their services!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Atlantic Cake Company, LLC's reply:

We were happy to be a part of your day, and glad we could work within your budget. It's nice to hear it was enjoyed!

Devon · Married on 09/03/2013

I had a one tier beach themed cake with 5 dozen cupcakes. We had two flavors including chocolate truffle with peanut butter filling and white chocolate with strawberry filling.They tasted great and we received many complements on the cupcakes.The only thing was I did ask to have our initials written in brown sugar on the table, but that was not done. No big deal, it looked great and tasted even better. Susan was pleasant and easy to work with.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Katherine · Married on 09/17/2012

We ordered a cupcake wedding cake from Atlantic Cake Company and were absolutely thrilled with what we got! The specially decorated bride & groom cupcakes were adorable and just what we wanted. I HIGHLY recommend their truffle cake- it was advertised as "award-winning" so we had high expectations and this cake absolutely delivered! The butter cream icing was deliciously light and understated (ours was raspberry- so good! and pretty) and just right for our outdoor reception. I would absolutely recommend this company to any bride in the OBX.

Sent on 09/22/2012
  • F

Fran · Married on 09/16/2009

The cupcakes I had done for for my wedding cake were absolutely delicious! It turned out exactly like I wanted. And we had plenty for all of my guests and then some! The only thing I noticed, and it was not really an issue at all, the cupcakes were a little smaller than I had imagined. But we never discussed how big they were going to be so that was my own fault. I would highly recommend Atlantic Cake Company... their Key Lime filling is to die for!

Sent on 11/17/2009

We used ACC for our rehearsal dinner cake and our reception. Susan's cakes are delicious! We had chocolate truffle and chocolate chips with a mousse filling. Everyone loved the cakes, she delivered on time and with a military discount too!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Atlantic Cake Company, LLC's reply:

We are always honored to work with those who choose to serve our country. Glad to hear the cake was a "sweet" part of your day.

The cupcakes for our wedding were amazing! We had 4 different flavors which was fun for everyone. Our guests enjoyed being able to mix things up! Chocolate cake with peanut butter filling and buttercream frosting was a definite favorite! :)

Sent on 07/05/2012

Michael · Married on 08/14/2012

We chose Atlantic Cake Company before we did the tasting but it turned out great! Susan was very easy to contact and was great at the tasting! We we easily able to change things with our cake a few weeks before and Susan was always helpful. We chose a ribbon design with beach theme and it came out beautiful. Everyone enjoyed the cake and we had plenty extra for the rest of the week, and then our anniversary tier to take home! Our cake was white chocolate in 2 tiers and red velvet in the other and both were great!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Liza · Married on 05/24/2012

3.8
      3.0

After ordering our custom rehearsal dinner cake and wedding cake, we feel they were both a good value.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Atlantic Cake Company, LLC's reply:

I contacted this bride to see how we could have better met her needs. This is the email we received.
    Susan -

I'm sorry for the review. Maybe I took it too seriously, or was too tough of a critic - that's normal for me :)

It seems our 'responsiveness' gauges are different. Most other wedding vendors responded within the same day; you didn't always. But no worries, maybe you had a full plate at the time.

Overall, I would most definitely use Atlantic Cake Company again, and would recommend you to others as a good value. You were flexible with pricing and working with our budget.

I hope this helps.

Jon & Julene · Married on 06/11/2014

2.0
      2.0

We chose Atlantic Cake Company based on reading several glowing customer reviews as well as their reasonable prices. Ultimately, though, we have learned that you do in fact sometimes "get what you pay for". Image 1 below is the photo included with our cake proposal (though we ordered it in a two-tiered version due to the small size of our wedding). Image 2 is a photo of the cake we received. As you can see, the two hardly resemble each other. We feel that we received a lower quality version of the cake we requested. The white chocolate shells were haphazardly placed all over the cake, rather than delicately placed against the fencing, per the cake from our proposal. Wedding cakes are a main focal point of any wedding day, and we did not feel that our cake was given the time/care to make it as special as the rest of our day.

Another issue that we had was the flavor, or rather the lack of. We ordered one tier key lime with lime curd filling and the other layer was white chocolate with raspberry filling. Both layers tasted more like plain white cake... good white cake, but white cake nonetheless (general consensus). Based on other reviews, we had expected the cake to be much more flavorful. I was also disappointed that the fillings were very minimal, but when I contacted the vendor, she did explain that the icing dam is usually 1-1.5" per tier... the only problem with that explanation is that the icing dam on our cake was more like 2-2.5", leaving only a small area with paper-thin filling.

When I contacted the vendor, she DID respond quickly but I felt somewhat blown off by her response. Overall, I was extremely disappointed in the cake we received. Had I known the cake would have come out so poorly, I would have spent the extra money to go with one of the other companies that I had gotten a quote from. If the price seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Clint · Married on 04/29/2016

1.4
      0.5

Met with husband (super nice) because Susan was busy and took the chance
    Susan was NOT helpful at all. Made a huge ordeal about boxing because we didn't want dirt or hair in cake during transportation
    Had a delivery charge that we wanted taken off because we were picking up and she didn't remove it because the research she spent finding a box would make up for it
    Just terrible customer service and very rude
    Very short
    Cake was good and for the price but if I did it over I would not choose her
    We had 9 diff vendors for our wedding and our only disappointment was her

Sent on 10/16/2016

Atlantic Cake Company, LLC's reply:

I am very sorry that you feel this was a disappointment. I worked very hard to meet all of your expectations. You changed your entire order several times, including delivery place and time, from the original proposal. I had to adjust the entire timeline of your order to meet your new deadline. I was very flexible in going with the new location and 2 tiered cake, even though we originally agreed on a single tier and cupcakes. I was very concerned about boxing up the cake, as we do not do that for the all of the reasons I spoke with Clint about, and if that came across as rude, then I apologize. I did deliver your cake to your coordinator at 8am on the morning of the wedding, (a change from the 3pm we had agreed on) so the comment about not returning the delivery fee is completely untrue. Two sides to every story, but I do stand by my decision to caution you about the choices you were making.