Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort Reviews

2.0
      3.0
      0.0
      0.0

Well, it's all over now. In early January 2010, my daughter made arrangements for a small wedding (less than 75 guests) to be held on Saturday, May 1. She was told that she could be married at the gazebo and the reception would be at the Old Stone Inn. We were thrilled with the prospect. She paid the money.

TEN DAYS before the wedding, the planner called and said, "Sorry", the wedding cannot be held in the pavilion nor the reception at the Inn. We FORGOT that it GEORGIA FRONTIER DAYS. We can move things, etc. How did they forget??? It is an annual event.

So, instead of having the ceremony at the gazebo, with the gazebo acting as the chuppah, it was on a plain deck at the hotel. An ugly stage was put up. Instead of the beautiful gazebo, a shabby, hastily made tarp and pole chuppah was used. The beautiful bride, her handsome groom and a tarp for a chuppah.

Was THIS what was promised? I don't think so.

The reception was ok, but no butlered hor d'ouevres, just a table of cheese. The buffet food was good, the bar fine, the cake was good. It was not worth the ~ $65 "decoration" charge, which is no where in the literature. All the literature states that a wedding cake was included. After everything is in place, the "planner" tells you to contact the baker regarding the cake and then the additional charge is sprung on you. It puts both the client and the baker in an awkward position.

I bit my tongue. I smiled for my beautiful daughter. I seethed inside. What a bait and switch...

Sent on 08/06/2010