Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort Reviews

26 | Stone Mountain, GA

26 Reviews for Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort

Talorey · Married on 03/20/2020

Beautiful Place

Can never go wrong with the Marriott.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Lisa · Married on 03/24/2018

Great venue and gorgeous view on back deck

Sent on 04/03/2018

We used the Evergreen for our Wedding Hotel and Rehearsal Dinner location. It was great because we had so many people from out of town who came. Everyone just loved the hotel who stayed. We had so many they expanded the room block for us. The rooms were extra clean and the big suite we stayed in was just amazing. Ask for a lake side room because sitting on the balcony is just wonderful. The breakfast buffet is well worth leaving your room.
    Amanda Ferguson handled us Rehearsal dinner wise plus brunch and did a fantastic job coordinating with two families. Everyone raved about the food and they satisfied my vegetarian bride wishes for the menu. The conference halls are very elegant.
    They also hosted our brunch on Sunday, and the food was just as good.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Absolutely loved it! Ceremony was at the pavilion in the early evening and my reception was in ballrooms EFG. I even had my rehearsal dinner in the private room at the Waterside Restaurant. Everything was beautiful. The food at the rehearsal and reception was great. Most importantly, I worked with an event manager, Sean Ware, and he was amazing. He helped every step of the way once the contract was signed.

Sent on 10/24/2012

The Evergreen Marriott Resort was amazing! We couldn't be happier with our decision to have our ceremony and reception at this location. Sean Ware was always there to help with anything questions or concerns I had. From our first visit to the end of the reception, if we needed anything, he was there! The entire staff was friendly and helpful, and the ceremony location is absolutely breathtaking. Have your wedding at the Evergreen Marriott. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/11/2012

Jeffrey at Evergreen bent over backwards to make sure our day was special! When we first chose Evergreen, we were assigned a coordinator who we just didn't mesh with very well, but we said something to the hotel, and they paired us with Jeffrey, who was so wonderful to work with!! Everyone at Evergreen, from the front desk, to the waitstaff, to the bellman were amazing and helped make our wedding weekend incredibly special!

Sent on 09/27/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/09/2011

I am so glad I had the Marriott as my wedding Venue. Sean Ware, the event planner, was the absolute best. He made me feel like the most wonderful bride. They made sure everything was amazing, and it was. It is a little pricy, but as a package it is very worth it. My guests had the best time.

Sent on 08/08/2011

Leslie · Married on 04/17/2010

My husband and I got married at the beautiful Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort in April 2010. The ceremony was in the Lakeside Pavilion and the reception was in a portion of the Stone Mountain Ballroom. Every detail was taken care of for me, down to the napkin folding style and water being provided for my guests while outside. Kia was nothing less than professional and responsive every time I had a question. She explained the packages to me clearly. Once I got an Event Manager, they were knowledgeable, patient, and very professional as well. I never once had to worry if everything was taken care of with my wedding. They gave me absolute peace of mind during the planning phase.
    As far as pricing, the packages they offer are absolutely amazing!!! They include a bar, cake, cake cutting, and a champagne toast, along with the food of course!!! At other places we looked, each item was a la carte. Those prices really add up in the long run, especially if another venue wants to charge you on consumption for the bar. It was very fun to meet with Jeff from Frosted Pumpkin to plan my cake design! It came out exactly as I imagined and tasted amazing!!!
    I have recommended friends and would tell anyone I meet, if you are looking for a very natural, semi-rustic but still glamorous venue to contact the Evergreen because they have everything a bride could want/need wrapped up in a pretty bow! It was an effortless experience on my part, and I was my own wedding planner. They were absolutely fantastic!!!

Sent on 09/14/2010

Belle · Married on 08/22/2009

The Evergreen Marriott Resort and its staff provided exceptionally wonderful service to my fiance, our family, and friends. Our wedding was more beautiful than I could have imagined and the credit goes to Evergreen's outstanding wedding planners, chefs, service staff, and hotel employees. We could not have asked for more.

The Evergreen Resort also proved to be a beautiful setting for our family and friends to gather to spend time with one another. Many of our guests were from out of town and traveled great distances to share in our special day. Everyone of them thoroughly enjoyed their stay, our wedding, and the resorts lovely facilities.

It is with great pleasure that I recommend The Evergreen Marriott Resort to any bride & groom for their special event.

Sent on 08/29/2009
  • StrongWalker

Michelle · Married on 08/22/2009

Everything was exceptional, the only thing I would suggest is not to have the appetizers for bridal party in the same room where their belongings are left so the room with their belongings can be locked. I had something come up missing and it was never returned.

Sent on 09/06/2009

Shashin · Married on 08/07/2009

Provided varied music and even went out of way to acquire different type of music for dances.

• W

Whitni · Married on 05/16/2009

Our wedding was simply amazing! From the first time we entered the lobby to view the venue to leaving our wedding night under a lit path of sparklers, our wedding was seamless and flawless!

If you are looking for a unique, personalized, quality, and more-than-you-could-ask-for-or -imagine wedding venue, then you have found it at Evergreen Marriott!

We made a long weekend of our wedding with the rehersal dinner and a pool party Friday night, a Brides Maid Luncheon on Saturday morning and our wedding Saturday night. It was the most incredible customer service and attention to our details! Our guests are still commenting on the excellent service and kindness of the Evergreen staff!

Keisa · Married on 11/22/2008

The best place to have a wedding!!!

Sent on 08/19/2009

Sabrina · Married on 09/27/2008

The Evergreen is a fabulous facility. I absoulutely love the Pavilion for ceremonies! The staff is a pleasure to work with - very professional and friendly. As a wedding planner, I refer the Evergreen to my clients whenever possible.

Sent on 08/18/2009

Melanie · Married on 05/31/2008

This venue was an awesome place for a wedding. The location was beautiful. The ceremony was down by the lake at sunset which gave us some awesome pictures. The wedding coordinator we were given to follow throughout the process was the best anyone could hope for. Michelle Threat was such a big help throughout everything. She was the best we could hope for. Anything we asked her for she was able to help us with. I would recommend this location to anyone.

Sent on 09/04/2008

Todd · Married on 05/03/2014

3.5

This place was awesome and was great. I loved the fact that the hotel rooms were right there at the venue. I really liked how there was a hang out spot at the pool and the bar down stairs. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. It was perfect and the staff is great.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Matthew · Married on 05/26/2007

Flexible with menus and times. Readily available and helpful in suggesting ideas for food/drink/decor. Overall a wonderful experience.

Sent on 02/18/2008

A · Married on 08/12/2007

I was having a small wedding 25 people, but I still wanted it to be elegant and romantic and a day I would never forget and also a day my guest would remember. The resort is beautiful on its own, so you don’t have to spend much on the décor, the venue provides just about everything you would need, tables, chairs, silverware, glasses, plates, linens, dance floor at no extra cost, so all you have to worry about is adding in your own personal touches, like the cake, flowers, centerpieces, chair covers. Another thing I was very pleased with was the staff, they were very good to my guest, my side of the family came from Bosnia and really did not speak English much or often and the coordinator knew of this, at the wedding she surprised me with an entire crew of staff who spoke Bosnian. My family was extremely pleased. They catered the events, so there was no reception hall fee, just the cost of food, and liquor. They provide a large and tasteful menu to choose from, and you get to try a lot of it before you make a chose at no additionally cost. The day of my wedding everything was wonderful even the food, but I found out last minute the original chef was not going to be present, I was having a sit down dinner, and everything up to the main course was wonderful, the new chef did not prepare the stake as what was originally planed, and the stake cut was not even a rib eye, it was the worst stake I ever had, the guest that ordered it were not pleased. So that was really the over all complaint I had, everything else was set up so well, and the food leading up to it was spectacular, you just would expect the main course to be on the top.

Sent on 01/03/2008

Divya Ramaswamy · Married on 05/26/2019

Beautiful Venue

Overall, we were very happy with the Evergreen Marriott Resort. It is a beautiful venue - our wedding was outdoors at the pavilion, and the view with the adjacent lake, mountain, and nature was astounding. The reception ballroom was great as well. The event manager was very friendly and accommodating. There were some communication issues and minor hiccups that can be expected in such a wedding with so many moving parts; however, the venue and the event manager did compensate us for this and the customer service was good.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Ross · Married on 05/09/2009

Overall, the Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort was amazing! It had everything that we wanted for a picturesque wedding. The ceremony area was beautiful, the food selection was amazing, and the staff was very accomodating to us. The ONLY problem that my wife and I had was with our wedding planner. Thankfully, the Evergreen Marriott has many wedding planners and thankfully, my wife and I were able to use them when ours failed to meet our expectations, took too long to reply to our inquiries, and told us a month out from the wedding, that she is now 100% committed. Once again, I would highly recommend this place to have the wedding of your dreams!!!

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2008

This was my reception/dinner venue. My coordinator was a little slow in returning phone calls/emails, but in the end, she really helped the day go off without a hitch! Beautiful facility.

Sent on 08/17/2009

Meagan · Married on 10/11/2008

3.5

Beautiful venue, the setting was perfect at the pavillion and the new ballroom is simply fantastic. The food was raved about the entire evening and the decor was great. They will charge you for everything! But it's well worth the expereince and service.

Sent on 10/26/2008

arlisher · Married on 11/17/2007

4.2
      3.5

The ladies at the Evergreen went overboard to ensure that my day was extra special. No detail was left undiscussed.

Sent on 08/11/2008

Karen · Married on 09/02/2007

4.2

The Evergeen Marriott provided a perfect setting for our wedding. It was easy for our out-of-town guests in that everything was on-site and easy to get to. We had a problem with the Marriott not sharing some important information with us midway through the planning process, but they resolved it to our satisfaction and the event took place seamlessly and very smoothly. We loved the venue and had a great time. Catering was terrific and everyone commented on how delicious the food was!

Sent on 09/19/2008

shamara · Married on 09/05/2010

3.5

we had our wedding ceremony at stonemoutain park at the pavillion and our reception in the grand ballroom. about a month before our wedding they told us that we could not have our ceremony at the pavillion due to some construction they were going to do on the roof of the pavillion. we had our vision of a place like this to have our outside ceremony. we were so upset, my wedding planner had to practically beg them to do some kind of push back on the construction because we paid our money for this dream ceremony for something like this to happen a few of weeks before our wedding..after about a wk or so, they called and told us that they pulled some strings to get the construction pushed back, so we did have our dream wedding after some stressful time . the package that we had included our cake, but because we wanted an extra tier, we paid an additonal $275. it was fine though because the cake turned out awesome. the cake company was Frosted Pumpkin. their cake was so delicious, we wound up chosing 3 different flavors, because it was so hard to choose. the food from the marriott was great at the tasting, but was not all that at the reception. it did not completely taste the same and our guest complained after the wedding, which was disappointing to us, because we knew the food would be good, but then it later on turned on us. the people at the marriott that was involved in the pricing dept., were trying to skim us at the beginning because they tried to give us a smaller room for more money, which made no sense. my fiance , now husband, i had to talk some sense into them so we could have the space we needed and deserved for the right price.

Sent on 05/05/2011