Ate O Ate Catering Reviews

36 | Roxbury, NY

36 Reviews for Ate O Ate Catering

Jessica · Married on 07/23/2016

I cannot say enough about ate o ate! They came highly recommended from a friend, and after doing a tasting with them (which in itself was one of the best meals I've ever had) we decided to book them for our wedding reception this past July. Our family and friends are still talking about their food! Peg was awesome to work with and made the entire wedding process so so easy for us. She wasn't just helpful when it came to the food, but the rentals and advice on what vendors to use upstate (we are from out of town) and actually just wedding advice in general. There were days when I would receive emails from her just checking in on me to see how everything was and making sure I wasn't too stressed. This in itself was something I was so grateful for, Peg wasn't just our caterer but she became a great friend! Plus, their staff are also nothing short of amazing. They went above and beyond the day of our wedding. You won't have any worries when you use Ate o Ate...definitely book them now!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Ate O Ate Catering's reply:

Oh Jess!!!! Thank you so much. It was a fabulous event! Hope you are relaxing and enjoying married life!!!! Keep in touch!

Emily · Married on 06/25/2016

Peg was absolutely phenomenal. We tasted several other caterers, but at the first bite at Ate o Ate we knew we had found our wedding caterer. She helped craft our ideal menu, even working a raw bar into our budget. The service was professional, everything came out looking great and we got tons of compliments on the food. I would highly recommend them for your wedding or event. Take my word for it, schedule a tasting with them and see for yourself

Sent on 08/24/2016

Ate O Ate Catering's reply:

Thanks so much, it was our pleasure.

Alec · Married on 06/18/2016

My wife and I recently hired Ate O Ate to cater our wedding in Roxbury, NY and we can't recommend them enough. First, Peg is a really friendly, warm person who is on top of her stuff - responses were always prompt and thorough, which is a big bonus when you're dealing with a lot of different wedding vendors. Both tastings were delicious and Peg took her time to guide us through Ate O Ate's impressive and varied menu. Things went really smoothly on the day of the wedding - staffing was more than ample, the waitstaff were attentive and friendly, and the food was delicious. We received lots of compliments on the food and the general smoothness of the operation. We've also eaten from their food truck when it has been parked in downtown Roxbury on a night when the Public Lounge was closed for a private event, and the food was awesome then, too. Great company!

Sent on 06/26/2016

erin · Married on 06/04/2016

Where do I even begin? Peg & her staff are truly one of a kind in this whirl wind wedding world. In the 18 months leading up to our wedding we got to know Peg as a person & also got to sample the out of this world food AteOAte provides. Peg is one of the kindest, most generous & funniest person we have had the privilege to get to know. We could always count on her no matter how many questions we came up with or changes we decided on.

Deciding on using AteOAte for our food was not only the easiest decision we made, but the best one as well, as people are still raving about our cocktail hour & family style dinner. Peg & her staff provided exceptional service that will not soon be forgotten. In the moments following our ceremony, Dave & I took a moment before we joined cocktail hour & the staff had provided us with a plate of food from cocktail hour to enjoy & even assisted me multiple times with my wedding dress emergencies.
    There are not enough words to say about the food- once you have a tasting you will understand what we mean. Peg & her husband care so much about the finished product & it truly shows. Our cocktail hour was full of variety & our dinner provided guests with mouth watering options. Guest still ask me who catered our wedding!
    In closing, when our wedding day was over, I gave Peg & big hug & told her she couldn't get rid of me that easy, that i'd still be e-mailing her. The next day I got the kindest e-mail from Peg, which only reminded me how lucky we were to find AteOAte & Peg, they are a diamond in the rough!! There will never be enough words or praise we could give, trust us, you want this company on your wedding day!!

Thanks AteOAte!!!!
    Erin & Dave Woodkotch

Sent on 06/15/2016

Lindsay · Married on 09/26/2015

Peg, Rich, and their team recently catered our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding in Roxbury, NY, and all we can say is…WOW!

From the first moment we connected with Peg, we knew it was going to be a match made in heaven for us. Of all of the wedding caterers we researched, she was by far the most responsive, friendly, professional, and accommodating! All we had to do was get on the phone and hear her laugh and we were hooked. And as if that wasn’t enough, in the first week of knowing her we had a crisis with our rehearsal dinner location and Peg had a Plan B, Plan C, and Plan D for us before we could even process what had happened.

For our rehearsal dinner, AteOAte pulled their fabulous truck up curbside and served the most amazing appetizers and hors d’oeuvres you’ve ever had. Definitely go for the mini venison wellington and short rib tostones!! Their servers were friendly and attentive, made extras of everyone’s favorite things, and heated up some special plates when we had a few late-comers. No one could stop talking about the food and how they hoped it would be the same team for the wedding. Luckily for them, it was!!

The rehearsal dinner was truly amazing, but the wedding was where AteOAte just SHINED! Peg even went out of her way to get compostable cups in coordinating wedding colors for the pre-ceremony mulled cider she offered to serve our guests (her amazing idea)! The food and cocktails that AteOAte came up with for the reception were beyond perfect. Peg’s team went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect, that we were fed, and that all of our guests were happy. She also made special meals for our vegetarian guests to make sure they didn’t feel like afterthoughts (as is usually the case with that).

To make a long story short, we couldn’t be happier with our decision to hire AteOAte! Thank you thank you for helping to make our weekend such a delicious dream!!! Definitely hire them!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 08/29/2015

Ate O' Ate Catering is the absolute best. After my wedding I received several emails from friends and family to let me know that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Not only is the food incredible but so are Peggy and Rich. They are extremely professional and very responsive to any inquiries we had. We were planning a wedding from Colombia, South America and working with Peggy made the whole process so much easier. The service by their staff was also spectacular on our wedding day. When Peggy said she will make sure that my husband and I were well fed, she was not kidding! If you want farm fresh ingredients, delicious food, and to work with amazing people, I would use Ate O' Ate Catering!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/22/2015

Peg and Rich catered our wedding in August and I can not say enough good things about them. The food and service were both excellent. Months later and our friends and family are STILL raving about the food. Truly some of the best food I have ever had at a wedding. The choices for dishes were creative and unique rather than boring and cliche. Rich, Peg, and their whole team were so easy to work with. On the day of, I had no stress because they made sure everything was taken care of. I can not recommend ate.o.ate enough!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Ate.O.Ate recently catered our wedding in Delhi, NY. We can’t thank Peg, Rich, and their team enough for doing such an amazing job! The food was delicious & we received numerous compliments from our guests – some guests even went so far as to request recipes for the dishes served! Peg was also very attentive when it came to thinking of & planning for all of the reception details, which – as any bride-to-be knows – was a huge help & relief! Overall, the entire night ran very smoothly, and was a credit to all of the Ate.O.Ate team’s work! Thanks so much Ate.O.Ate!!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Ate O Ate Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, it was our pleasure.

Peg and Rich and the Ate.O.Ate crew catered several large events for use recently.

They not only provided service and catering of the highest quality, they also provided a wide array of absolutely delicious food. They provided a diverse and absolutely delicious menu ranging from tasty BBQ to local whole trout which all of our guests absolutely enjoyed.

And this is not even mentioning their amazing rueben fritters!

We recommend the Ate.O.Ate food truck to anyone who has the good fortune to visit Roxbury.

Absolutely wonderful food from great people. Can’t wait to eat their food again! Thanks!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Ate O Ate (Rich & Peg) catered our 100 person wedding in Roxbury at The Inn at West Settlement and it was nothing short of phenomenal – we simply couldn’t have done it without them. Our guests raved about the food, and many literally commented that it was the best they’d ever had at a wedding (the pork cheeks in particular were a smash hit). They define high quality farm to table cooking, but it’s not just about the food. Peg was overwhelmingly helpful, supportive, flexible, enthusiastic and professional from start to finish, and we’re NYC foodies with the highest of expectations. It brings us great pleasure to recommend Ate O Ate to anyone, and you can feel free to contact us as a reference. We’ll certainly miss them, and every time we’re near Roxbury we’ll most certainly go out of our way to stop by for a meal and a hug.

Sent on 12/12/2015

Erin · Married on 07/08/2017

We had a taco truck wedding with this vendor and everything was wonderful. We got four different types of tacos, Mexican salad, and chips and guacamole. The tacos were unlimited for 3 hours. I loved the way this was a local vendor who you can tell really works within their community. The food was amazing, and very reasonably priced. The people working at the food truck ensured that we (the bride and groom) got to eat, and then checked in with us before they left, and gave us a togo box so we could eat later too. The tasting was delightful and Peg really works with you to make sure you're getting the menu you want. Also- the kids meals were perfect, and even included play-doh to keep them occupied! The few things that were not great: they ran out of tortilla chips, which is not a big deal, but you'd think would be easy enough to avoid. Also, I had discussed with them having corn tortillas as an option, in addition to flour tortillas (I'm from California, and knew that a lot of my people would opt for corn). This was partially my fault because I confirmed the menu without seeing anything about tortillas written (I assumed that our conversations were enough), but there were no corn tortillas on the day of. So just make sure that you are careful to write everything out in email confirmations. [edited after initial posting: Corn tortillas actually were available, however, I guess that was a miscommunication/misassumption on my part- I thought that flour or corn would be either on the menu or offered when someone ordered, not just available if someone asked.] Finally, I had asked about a week before who would be staffing the food truck, and they told me that Peg and Rich (the owners/chefs) would be there, in addition to other staff. On the day of the wedding, they were not there. [edit: Rich was there]. This did not present any problem, but it would have been better if that had been communicated. Overall though, this was an excellent caterer that I would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/15/2017

Hi Erin,
    Thanks for the review. If I can please take this opportunity to respond. There were indeed corn tortillas on the truck for your guests. And they were definitely served. In fact, the one of your guests asked for a quesadilla (not on the designated menu) and they were immediately accommodated. In addition, when you asked about staffing and I said that Rich and I would be there, I was not being misleading. Rich was on the truck and at the event the entire day. I was home sick. Perhaps I should have sent you an email the morning of your wedding, but I assumed you would have been a tad busy. I called in an additional staffer to cover my shift. As for running out of chips, well, my apologies, but we always do our best to calculate the appropriate amounts for each guest. We may have miscalculated. Again, my apologies. All the best to you both. Peg