Asolare Reviews

7 | St Thomas, VI

7 Reviews for Asolare

Our by-out at Asolare for 33 guests was absolutely incredible and easily one of the best nights of our lives. They were really on their toes all night providing great service without seeming to get in the way too much. They arrange the table exactly like I wanted them. The drinks were handcrafted and unique and the food was all everyone could talk about for the next week! Matt Kidd, the check came out and personally spoke with each and every table. He's such a likable guy! I had so many family and friends tell me that all Asolare was the most intimate unique reception venue that they had ever been to. They carefully cut my cake and arrange for my guess to have all their sparklers lit up on the exit with my groom and I and everything went off without a hitch. The manager, Dean, was so helpful and cordial. Also, I believe her name is Haley (a server) she seemed to be the glue that held it altogether. I couldn't have been happier with Asolare!!!

Sent on 06/13/2015

sejal · Married on 03/28/2015

We had our wedding reception at Asolare for a 36 person wedding. The space is perfect for this size group, the decor is lovely as it is, but they are also very happy and willing to add your touches as you wish. The view is THE BEST and a total wow factor your guests will love. The food is great and the service was wonderful. If you're still unsure about where to have your event, you MUST check out this restaurant. It's a special place. We will be visiting St John and dining at Asolare for many anniversaries to come.

Sent on 04/17/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2014

We had our wedding reception at Asolare on October 4, 2014 and it was the most amazing night!

When my husband and I started looking at reception venues in St. John, we quickly came across Asolare. However due to their more expensive prices, we looked into alternative options. Unfortunately after months of trying to coordinate with a less expensive reception venue and receiving horrible service, we decided to spend more money for Asolare and thank goodness we did!

We initially contacted Asolare and it's manager Jonathan a few months prior to our date, but didn't decide to finalize this selection until a month before. We were worried with the short notice things would be rush and hurried, however we received the best help and response. Jonathan was timely with all responses and very easy to work with. Once we arrived in the islands, Jonathan was gracious enough to see us on an impromptu visit before the big day and he was so reassuring and handled everything so well.

The actual reception was a dream. The waiters were amazing and so accommodating to our party of 33. The food was to die for. Everyone of our guests said it was the best food they've eaten. The view and location couldn't be closer to ideal. We were worried of recent outbreaks of tropical mosquito diseases, but Jonathan and Asolare had plenty of bug spray on hand and it turned out no one had any problems with mosquitoes at all!

It really was the best night of our lives and Asolare had a very large part in making that possible. If we could, we would spend everyday doing it over again, but we will just settle with going back on our anniversaries. :)

Sent on 10/19/2014

Amy · Married on 06/17/2011

The food and service were AMAZING and made our small reception absolutely perfect!

Sent on 09/26/2011
  • ela.bella1

Ela · Married on 05/09/2011

We hosted our small wedding reception at Asloare and it was exquisite! Asolare showed us you can enjoy island fine dining if you go to the right place.

The view of the sunset over the bay below was breathtaking. The building itself is charming and we were lucky enough to have an outside table to enjoy the view and the unique stone architecture. The interior of the building itself has an intimate, romantic character and is a lovely place to dine as well.

Service was perfection. Our waiter was professional, friendly and very present without being intrusive to our celebration. He seemed to watch each glass and plate from a far and provided us what we needed, when we needed it without our needing to request it. He did a seamless job orchestrating our evening. Exactly the service you appreciate from fine dining anywhere.

Our food was as gorgeous to look at as it was to eat. Every course was perfectly presented and executed. Not one person in our party was disappointed in any of the three courses they enjoyed. We all broke the rules of etiquette and sampled a bite from each other. Divine, every single taste. Having done a fair amount of professional training in classic French cooking and having a passion for creating fantastic dinners at home in the classic and fusion style, I am fairly critical of food when dining out as I’m too often disappointed. Everything was exquisite and the price was very appropriate for the fresh, interesting, decadent feast we celebrated with.

We researched and even dined at other “fine dining” restaurants in the area before selecting Asolare. To be honest, we were nervous about it based on some reviews. I’m glad we decided to hold the most important dinner of our lives there. I can’t imagine a more perfect evening or a more memorable and delicious meal.

Sent on 06/24/2011

Jenn · Married on 05/03/2011

We had our rehearsal dinner at Asolare in early May 2011. Wonderful views overlooking Cruz Bay at sunset. Lauren was a joy to work with. Amazing food and wonderful staff. Highly recommend it for your event or just dinner! Try the duck confit!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Hannah · Married on 04/16/2011

Asolare has always been my favorite restaurant on St John but they out did themselves on my wedding reception. I worked with Lauren Jackson, their event coordinator directly on all the planning for my reception. She was a pleasure to work with . . . responsive, flexible, professional. Everything was flawless the evening of my reception. The food was incredible . . . the service was impeccable . . . and the scenery is stunning. My guests are still raving about how amazing Asolare is! The venue, although not overly large, has beautiful spots for your wedding photography and a amazing sunset view. I would definitely recommend this venue for any event associated with your wedding especially your reception. I could not have been more pleased! Thank you to everyone at Asolare for making our wedding reception memorable and amazing.

Sent on 05/23/2011