26 Reviews for Ashley Inn Bed & Breakfast

Outside Cake (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
Parking (1)
26 Ashley Inn Bed & Breakfast Reviews

The Ashley Inn was the first site we looked at and everything else paled in comparison-can't wait to get married there!

Profile Picture User7740369, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Alcohol, Accommodations, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Outside Cake

Melissa is amazing. We contacted her and almost immediately she sent us information. She showed us the property soon after and we fell in love. She's been very prompt with correspondence and very accommodating in every way. I'm so excited to get married at the Ashley Inn

Profile Picture Shelby, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Ashley Inn was a dream come true! Melissa was an angel to work with! It has so much Kentucky history and southern charm. I highly recommend for weddings or even just to stay! I love this treasure!!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 6/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I had selected the Ashley Inn because I wanted that Kentucky horse farm feel for my wedding with an outdoor venue and the ceremony and reception all in one spot. The main house at the Ashley Inn is absolutely stunning! It has so much character and was a great place for my bridesmaids and I to stay and get ready in the morning. The outdoor space is beautiful and didn't need much in the way of decor.
Working with Melissa at the Ashley Inn was such a blessing, she was very responsive to any and all of our phone calls and emails leading up to the big day. We were able to visit several times to work with different vendors. She also let us use some storage space a couple weeks before the wedding since we were bringing so much stuff!
On the day of the wedding, we kept watching the weather- It rained all night and all morning before the wedding! Melissa was very flexible with our cemony time and location. We moved everything around so that we could avoid the rain and it worked out perfectly. Nothing went as originally planned BUT it turned out so much better than I ever could have imagined. I'm so glad I chose the Ashley Inn. It was a memorable time for me and my husband and our 100+ guests.

Profile Picture Heather, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our middle daughter, Sara, was engaged two years before her actual wedding so we had plenty of time to plan and look at every option in our area. We looked at several locations but there were issues, some big, some small with every location we visited. I am familiar with Ashley Inn as my youngest daughter is very involved with horses and competing. We spent a lot of time at Meadow Lake (the equestrian side of the business) and had gotten to know the owners and employees of the property. Sara finally decided it was time to visit Ashley Inn to see what they could offer her for her big day. After many discussions in the following weeks, Sara finally told me "the Ashley Inn would be the location of my dream wedding". Well, as parents you always want to fulfill your child's dreams so we signed the contract to have the ceremony and reception at the Ashley Inn. Working with the Howland's and staff was a wonderful experience. Every phone call, email and text were returned in a timely manner and everyone was always so nice and friendly. We made several trips to look at the location again, to discuss and debate the visual experience Sara wanted for her guests and they NEVER got tired of accommodating us. This venue is one of the most beautiful locations in Central Kentucky. I have had numerous guests tell me that Sara's wedding was the most beautiful wedding they have ever attended. The beauty of the Ashley Inn and the surrounding horse farm played an integral part in making the event so beautiful. The decorations we brought were very minimal because you just can't compete with Mother Nature and she certainly made this area a showcase! The day after the wedding Sara told us "my wedding was more than I could have ever dreamed of". I would recommend the Ashley Inn to anyone looking for a spectacular venue to start their "happily ever after"! Thank you to the Howland's and their staff for their help in making the day perfect.

Profile Picture Becky, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

All I can say about the Ashley Inn is that this place is magical. We rented the place for the entire weekend so that my husband's family coming in from out of town could stay close by since they had never been to KY before. They were enchanted. The home is outstanding, the service is impeccable, the breakfast absolutely delicious, and the grounds just beyond beautiful so much so that you dont even have to do much decorating because trust me your guests will be looking at the scenery not the balloons you hung from the ceiling. And there is absolutely no way you can take bad pictures in this place. The Ashley Inn made my little girl wedding dreams come true!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/20/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our day was perfect! The Ashley inn was everything we hoped for and more! Thank you Amanda!!

Profile Picture Bethany, 4/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was perfect, so beautiful. Thanks for making our wedding perfect.

Profile Picture User3857550, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having my wedding and reception at the Ashley Inn was one of the best choices I made while planning my wedding. Everyone (and I truly mean everyone) remarked on how unbelievably beautiful everything was and how much they enjoyed the atmosphere of the place. Every inch of this venue provides a perfect backdrop for pictures. My husband and I stayed in one of the rooms that evening, which was also lovely and very convenient. Meagan (the owner) and Amanda (the event manager) were both very good at answering all of my questions quickly. Meagan also officiated our wedding, of which she did a wonderful job. Again, I can't gush enough on how absolutely amazing this venue is for a picturesque wedding/reception!

Profile Picture User2712224, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiancé (now husband) and I searched everywhere for a beautiful outdoor location that would allow us to bring in outside catering and alcohol. We stumbled upon the Ashley Inn by happenstance, and I am so glad we did! We all fell in love with it the first time we visited and I swear the place gets prettier every time I'm out there. Both Amandas and Megan are all three so helpful and return e-mails quickly. Multiple guests told us that it was the prettiest wedding they'd ever been to! It's perfect for pictures, and having the horses in the background of our reception pictures just adds to the romantic feeling! I'd recommend this place to anyone and everyone looking to get married outdoors with a Kentucky or shabby chic theme!

Profile Picture Jacqui, 9/7/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was so friendly and welcoming. They let us have free reign of the house, from using the kitchen, to exploring the grounds, and even storing food in the fridge! I can't say enough good things about everyone. It stormed on our wedding day. NOT rained, STORMED! Everyone was so helpful with getting all the decoration inside and coming up with alternatives, and then wiping down chairs and putting the decorations back up when the weather cleared for 20 minutes and we had the ceremony. We had a very small wedding and were watching the radar hoping that things would clear up, so we kept pushing the start time back. This obv. pushed dinner service back as well and everyone was so flexible with moving the times. The chef wasn't even upset and just rolled with it! The storms came back like a banshee through dinner which was kind of funny really (were talking downed trees and the likes) and then the Ashley provided everyone with umbrellas to get down to the carriage house to party down. Everything was perfect and our fist dance pics in the covered carriage house turned out amazing b/c our videographers were able to capture the lighting in the background. The pictures turned out truly stunning. Big thanks to The Ashley Inn!

Profile Picture Brea, 8/31/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

As an event planner, I could not have found a more beautiful place than this to host my own wedding. Who knew such a stunning place was in my own home town? Everyone at the Ashley Inn worked along side to make sure our wedding day was absolutely perfect. The rooms are stunning and the grounds were well groomed to host our event. I highly recommend this venue for your next event. Take the drive, you will be glad you did. - The Speake-Huybers Family

Profile Picture Jamie , 6/23/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

For our wedding day, The Ashley Inn was perfect. The scenery is beautiful and the location is ideal for a private environment. They do allow guests to stay in the "hotel" (it's technically a house) if you don't book the "Grand Weekend" package, but we didn't have that problem. I fell in love with this place the moment I saw it. We decided to have our ceremony out in the Grove and our reception was under their pavilion beside the Grove. We chose the Saturday package and we were given full access to the grounds around the house and two rooms, one for the bride and her maids along with one for the groom and his men. These rooms were in two separate buildings, so the risk of seeing each other was minimized. For our wedding, we did all of the decorating, but The Ashley Inn does have decorative options for extra fees. During our ceremony, it started to pour down rain (luckily after the "I Do's"). We decided to not put the doors up on the pavilion, which they offered to do just in case the rain did decide to attend. After the rain settled, we continued with the reception. Right when we all started to get our groove on, the electricity on the entire grounds goes out. The storm knocked a tree branch onto the main power line. The Inn got us a generator in record time and we were back in business. They were great with the time of their responsiveness. At the end of the night, the owners came out to the reception and gave us two beautiful gifts: a couple's bible and a free cleanup. They charge a pretty large fee for them to cleanup, but they felt bad for the electricity situation. They wouldn't even take our tip. These people were wonderful with communicating with us during the planning process and were extremely flexible. I don't have one bad word to say about them.

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/1/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My son and his bride-to-be chose The Ashley Inn for their wedding, and we couldn't be happier with their decision. We live in Texas and were making wedding plans over the phone and via email, but Meaghan was extremely responsive to Ashley's questions, putting her at ease over her decision to have the wedding out-of-state. Even though it was December 1 in Kentucky, the weather could not have been nicer, so we had the wedding outside on the lawn in front of the house. The Ashley Inn is a beautiful pre-Civil War brick mansion with white columns, and the front porch provided the perfect setting for the ceremony, just as the Carriage House was perfect for the reception. We booked the entire place from Thursday through Sunday, and with the extra accommodations, we were able to have the entire wedding party, as well as immediate family members, stay right on the property itself. Meaghan and her staff were incredibly helpful and thoughtful throughout the entire weekend. Whatever we needed, she was ready. The food was outstanding, from the delicious breakfasts to the rehearsal dinner to the reception itself, and the wedding cake is one of the best I have ever eaten. Many family members and friends have said this was the best wedding they had ever attended, and we have Meaghan and The Ashley Inn to thank for that. If you want an absolutely gorgeous setting, wonderful food, and delightful people to work with, you can't go wrong with The Ashley Inn.

Profile Picture Deborah, 12/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
4.7

The Ashley Inn is a gorgeous setting for a wedding! We stayed Friday through Sunday for a complete wedding weekend. Joe, who works there is awesome and a great cook! Meagan, the owner, made sure the second guest house was ready for us to rent because we had such a large wedding party. The Ashley Inn is a great place to host an outdoor wedding and place for your wedding party/family to stay. We had lots of fun decorating The Carriage House on Friday night after the rehearsal dinner. There were a few small hiccups during planning and the day of the wedding, which were not that important in the whole scheme of things. I would definitely recommend the Ashley Inn if you want a fun wedding!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/3/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had all of our wedding events at the Ashley Inn: from rehearsal through to the morning after breakfast! It made for the perfect, stress-free weekend. Everything from the food to the staff was excellent! Everyone was so warm and helpful! The venue itself is gorgeous and well-maintained. I could not have found a more perfect location.

Profile Picture User2215616, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Ashley Inn was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding! The staff was incredible and helped with everything. Our bartenders did not show up and Matt put out the wine and played bartender until one came. My husband and I did not even know anything had gone wrong. This is a perfect example of how great a venue this is. Not only are the grounds, mansion, and venue itself beautiful, but you also have the comfort of knowing the staff will help with anything you may need and most likely have it done before it becomes an issue. I highly recommend this venue to all brides!

Profile Picture User2633393, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Ashley Inn provides a unique combination of peace, calm, beauty and history in providing the ideal setting for a perfect wedding. Meghan, Greg and staff provide professional, Christian leadership during all aspects of the event. The wedding was held lakeside at sunset with perfect weather. My son awaited as his bride approached from a distant barn in a horse drawn carriage with her father. As she neared the wedding site, passing between two fenced fields, the horses in each of the fields, as if scripted and on cue, ran to the fence to greet her as she rode by. Many guest, including men, remarked that this was the most unique and beautiful wedding experience that they had ever attended. Thank you Ashley Inn for sharing in our son and daughter-in-law's special day.

Profile Picture Dr and Mrs Larry, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was the wedding planner for this wedding and this venue is perfect for a southern, charming wedding! The dealings with staff pre-event were professional and timely. The day-of experience was everything that was promised and exceeded my expectations. They went above and beyond in all last minute requests. Highly Recommended!!
Deanna Dillender, Event Planner, GreatExpectationsKY.com

Profile Picture Deanna, 8/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding was everything that she wanted it to be thanks to the staff at Ashley Inn. It is was a small intimate affair and everyone enjoyed the dinner reception and afterwards we socialized, danced, played card games, visited the horses in the field next door, and played the piano until late in the evening. Meagan, the owner, was the calm force we needed. She is warm, yet professional and brings many talents to the experience. We trusted her with arranging for flowers, the ceremony, the pianist, the hairdresser ,and the food (reception and breakfast). We were pleased in every way. It is a beautiful location and I'm so happy we chose Ashley Inn.

Profile Picture Karen, 4/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Ashley Inn is absolutely stunning. The reception hall, called "The Carriage House" is the perfect setting for an outdoor reception. We had a little rain that evening, but no one even knew--the roof kept us all dry. The view was amazing and the owners are so great to work with. It's also great that there are such beautiful dressing rooms for the bridal party and for the groom and his men too!The best part was that we got to spend our first night right there in the Inn--all part of the package price! We love the Ashley Inn!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My experience with the Ashley Inn was fantastic. They answered all my questions through email promptly and I received everything that was promised. The day of the wedding the owners were very nice. She was very understanding and wanted to make sure she provided anything we needed.
I would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/10/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We reserved the Inn for the entire weekend and it couldn't have been more perfect. We had our wedding and reception there as well as our first night as a newly wedded couple in the Honeymoon Suite. I felt as if I lived there that weekend. Each room was suited perfectly for each member of my family - fitting their personalities to a "T"! The Owners were amazingly gracious and kind. The surrounding views made the wedding absoulutely perfect for my husband and I. During the reception, The Carriage House was perfectly suited for all of my guests, a dance floor and DJ. I was able to add all my personal touches to the wedding and the reception area without complaint from the owners. Romantic, regal, elegant, country, classic, beautiful, quite...everything you can imagine, all in one place. The Ashley Inn made my wedding weekend PERFECT!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/27/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Ashley Inn is THE venue if you'd like to have a quintessential Kentucky wedding. We held ours prior to the building of the new pavilion but the landscape remains the same. Classic, charming, elegant, and rustic were the words used to describe our incredible reception at the Ashley Inn. The flexibility you have in designing your reception (band, beverage, catering, etc) is unmatched and as a couple you will greatly appreciate the ability to make those decisions. The owners and manager of the Ashley Inn are some the kindest people you'll meet and will take care of YOU during this special time. Enjoy and congratulations!

Profile Picture Maggie, 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was amazing!! Laurie was extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with. She went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect for our big day/night! Make sure you review parking if the ceremony is going to take place in front of the house. We didn't mind it but some people may not like for the guests to see the vehicles from where they are sitting. : )

Profile Picture Jessy, 6/12/10, 3 Reviews