ashley avila photography Reviews

30 | Grand Rapids, MI

30 Reviews for ashley avila photography

Nicole · Married on 05/07/2016

Ashley does an absolutely amazing job!! She is very personable and enthusiastic about what she does. From the start, she responded in a timely fashion and answered all of our questions. She was very flexible and willing to accommodate our individual needs. She was there for the majority of our wedding day and I was confident that she captured all of the shots we requested for her to. It took a few months to get our pictures back but Ashley took the time to edit and retouch almost 2000 photos. It was TOTALLY worth the wait! We have so many beautiful pictures to choose from, we can't decide which ones to display! I would definitely recommend Ashley if you want to have a stress-free experience from start to finish with the guarantee that you will get tons of amazing photographs! :)

Sent on 10/10/2016

Brooke · Married on 07/20/2013

My search for the right photographer was an arduous task. I researched and compared nearly 20 photographers in Michigan, and interviewed a few final contenders. Thank goodness I found Ashley. We clicked immediately, she was warm, easygoing, and hilarious. This was important to me, considering a good photographer needs to be comfortable around your friends and family. She went above and beyond, and really captured the natural moments and emotion of our day. My only wish was that I didn't have time to provide her with a list of images that I wanted, and it would have been really great if she had a form I could have filled out with boxes to check. That's my only suggestion.

Sent on 09/19/2013

erika · Married on 11/06/2010

My family and I have been thrilled with our photography from Ashley Avila, she has become the photographer who captures generations of our family. We are approaching our third anniversary and have hired her to shoot our daughters 1st birthday. She shot our engagement session, rehearsal dinner and wedding day. We've loved working with her so much she has photographed our daughter every 3 months and done our family milestone photos. Its important to develop a report with your photographer for genuine photos. Ashley has a way of reading her clients that can instantly put them at ease and really make the experience of capturing memories an authentic one. We've recommended her to two other couples and they've both raved. The third couple will be wed in January and their engagement session was fantastic!

In this digital age it is easy to have an event and want your pictures back the next morning for social media :) That's not realistic but what we received is worth the wait! Great value and a lovely experience.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Emily · Married on 07/02/2016

4.2
      3.0

Ashley was great to have capture our wedding! The photos were creative, and beautiful! We were fortunate enough to have fireworks during the reception - Ashley took several truly remarkable shots of us during the fireworks show!

Sent on 02/23/2017

2.4
      1.0
      2.5
      0.5

I think the worst part was I did not get a single picture of just my mom and I(the bride). Also, did not get all the family pictures that i specifically wrote down for her, i did not get any of the groom & bridesmaids, bride & groomsmen, & our kiss at ceremony. It was way over priced for what I got in the end.

Sent on 09/21/2013

ashley avila photography's reply:

I went out of my way for this couple on their wedding day. I had several pictures of the bride with her mom throughout the day from the salon up to the end of the night with them dancing together. I did not have a formal portrait of the two of them together at the altar, but would have if she had requested. I have since created a formal portrait list I send to each bride a week or two before the wedding to ensure I capture each and every image the bride would like to have taken. I also have a section for any personal requests and any combinations they would like with their bridal party as well. I did have a shot of the couple kissing, but it was from the side since the officiant asked them to kiss immediately after they lit their candles and I had not experienced that before. Especially since they had walked behind the candles and had not returned to their original spot in front of the altar.