Asheville Marriages Reviews

Asheville Marriages 5
Asheville Marriages 6
Asheville Marriages 7

Paige · Getting married on 04/13/2019

Asheville Marriages was so great to work with!! I would recommend them to everyone! Jenn, our officiant was amazing!! We had so many guests compliment her ceremony. Jenn was so easy to work with and really helped to make me and my husband feel so comfortable and confident on the big day!

• mdaveasey

Melissa · Married on 11/17/2018

Thorough, helpful, and genuine!

Our experience with Phil was beyond incredible. Neither of us have a church or are religious, but we wanted an officiant that didn't just say blanket platitudes about love and not feel like there was anything personal. Phil talked with us on the phone, and we did the AM marriage courses, which I'd highly recommend. The program's guidelines for difficult conversations, some of which I'd never tried to put into words before, were so helpful in navigating our relationship, wedding planning, and foreseeing our expectations for post-wedding - you know, marriage :) our friends and family were so impressed with Phil, commenting on his choice of wording, his warmth, and his spending time with many friends and family during the reception. We were so lucky to work with him, and feel like we found an amazing person and friend in the process.

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Asheville Marriages 8

Asheville Marriages's reply:

Thanks Melissa, it was pure joy for me! I wish you both the very best and I can't wait for our paths to cross again!
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 11/10/2018

We were so pleased with the responsiveness of Asheville Marriages. Vaughn was very flexible and open to moving our ceremony spot!

Vaughn was wonderful. First of all our original spot was muddy and I was freaking out that it would be too hard of a hike for my family and we changed the location the week before. Vaughn was so understanding and willing to accommodate us on our change and open to any time during the day! On the day if he was very personable, kind, and sweet to us! I loved how intimate and authentic the ceremony was. We are so lucky that we had Vaughn on this special day!

emily · Married on 11/09/2018

Great experience

After finding out that our personal preferences for officiating our wedding could not attend our date, we were in a pickle trying to find someone we had never met to be a part of our special day. We have nothing but wonderful things to day about AM and Mike DeSerio. He was fantastic and all of our guests thought so as well. His speech is fluent, no interruptions, distractions, and his words are beautiful! He added just the right amount of humor. Thank you AM for making our day so special!

Nicole · Married on 10/27/2018

Loved having Keith as our officiant!

We narrowed down who we thought we wanted to be our officiant from the Asheville Marriages group pretty early on and the preliminary interviews definitely helped us feel really confident in our final pick. Keith was AMAZING to work with and we are so happy he is who married us! We incorporated some traditional Greek Orthodox elements into the ceremony that were new to him, but he did so much research and honored the tradition perfectly! It meant the world to us how much he listened and customized our ceremony to who we are as individuals and a couple. He is super laid back, but takes what matters to you so seriously - a perfect balance. Would definitely recommend to anyone!!

Lauren · Married on 10/25/2018

Perfect Ceremony!

Philip was amazing to work with! We are more spiritual than religious, and the ceremony he wrote for us was perfect! My very Catholic parents said his ceremony was the best they've ever experienced!

Jennifer Yamada · Married on 10/19/2018

Everything we could have hoped for!

My husband and I did our ceremony with Asheville Marriages last weekend at the Botanical Gardens at UNC Asheville. The experience was wonderful. When we experienced a slight concern, Philip immediately stepped in and went above and beyond. He and our officiant, Vaughn, were great to work with. Both of them were professional, friendly, flexible, and we really appreciated the sense of humor. Things turned out even better than we hoped. I highly recommend them to anyone doing a wedding or vow renewal ceremony.

• Cara

Cara · Married on 10/13/2018

Made it Easy!

We hired Philip Lingle as our wedding officiant. The entire process was easy and stress free. We were given a great template for the ceremony and then were able to customize as much as we wanted. Philip was great at leading our rehearsal and made my husband and I feel prepared and at ease for the ceremony. The wedding was perfect! Definitely recommend!

• Anna

Anna · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent!

I can't recommend Asheville Marriages enough! Phillip took the time to speak with my husband and I over the phone to get to know us and what kind of ceremony we were looking for, and then he matched us with Vaughn as our officiant.

Vaughn was incredibly kind and wonderful to work with. He provided us with a beautiful ceremony draft several weeks before the wedding, allowing plenty of room for any changes we wanted to make.

Vaughn arrived in plenty of time before the ceremony, and was professional and friendly from start to finish. Even my father (who isn't easily impressed) commented on how beautifully written the ceremony was.

Many thanks to you, Vaughn and Asheville Marriages!

-Anna & Stephen

A · Married on 10/09/2018

Just Perfect!

We had the wonderful opportunity to choose Asheville Marriages for our wedding. They were immediately warm and open to listening to learn who we were and what would help us make our perfect day. Our officiant, Michael Deserio was a perfect match for us! We had many different faiths and beliefs at our wedding and Michael was able to help us craft a perfect ceremony that resonated with both us and all our guests in a meaningful way.

We decided to go ahead and purchase the marriage enrichment package from Asheville Marriages. Both of us come from different upbringings, faiths, and lifestyles and it was really helpful to have a lot of the discussions included in the program, some of which we had never even thought to consider, but turned out to be important talking points about how we would share our life together. We were also able to solidify the parts of our relationship that anchor us and help us remember the most important parts of who we want to be as individuals and as a couple.

The program also gave us resources we can reference and look back on for years to come to remind us of the original reasons we wanted to be married and the dreams we want to share together going forward.

Taking part in the program was also a great chance to get to know Michael. He has a great energy; he's just such a warm, friendly, and open person and by the time we met the day-of, it felt like seeing a familiar face who we were so excited to share such an important moment with.

From early on we knew we wanted to write our own vows as well and say them to each other for the first time at the wedding. Michael was a great sounding board for us both to help get our vows the way we wanted and provided useful ideas and references for us to use in writing our own vows.

When it came to writing the ceremony, Michael had great suggestions and let us read over his beautifully written ceremony. During the process, he was so accommodating and entirely open to any suggestions we had. We could clearly tell that his main goal was to help create the ceremony we wanted.

During our ceremony Michael brought all his amazing energy and professionalism and captured exactly the feel we were hoping for. Even when one of our dogs started rolling in the grass by his feet or the cows at the farm mooed during the ceremony he handled it all like the pro he is!

We can't thank Asheville marriages enough for treating our wedding day as something as special to them as it was to us ❤

Holly Mathis · Married on 10/06/2018

Great company!

I was nervous at first about hiring an officiant to perform our ceremony, but after my initial phone conversation with Philip I knew we had to go with this company. Philip paired us with Keith Norton, who we later found out had known both my parents and grandparents for over 20 years! Keith helped us customize our ceremony, including our vows and did an incredible job. He even helped my husband with vows that he said to my son during the ceremony, which were so beautiful they brought everyone there to tears. He also did a fantastic job working with the whole wedding party during the rehearsal and helped keep us (and by us I mostly mean me 😅) from stressing out. My son came down with mono the day before the wedding and was also the best man, and Keith helped me stay calm and worked out other alternatives to include him if he was unable to stand up there for the entire ceremony. Truly an amazing guy and an amazing experience with Asheville Marriages. You guys are awesome!

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Asheville Marriages is the way to go!

Rodney was great! And speaking with Phillip in the beginning I knew that this was the way to go for my husband and I!

• Ariel

Ariel Jahn · Married on 10/04/2018

A Ceremony that was totally us!

Asheville Marriages was the perfect way to legally get married! We first talked with Philip Lingle after we filled out a questionnaire so he could direct us to the most fitting officiant. Michael DeSerio was the man for the job. We wanted an uplifting, slightly humorous, and personalized ceremony and we got just that! We also added in a beer blending ceremony instead of a candle lighting ceremony or sand blending ceremony. Our guests got a huge kick out of that! If you are looking for someone to officiate your wedding, then we highly recommend Asheville Marriages!

Asheville Marriages 9

Stephanie · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Asheville Marriages, specifically Philip. He married my husband and I last weekend and he was absolutely incredible. We had completed the marriage enrichment program with him prior to our wedding which we felt really allowed us to get to know Philip (and him get to know us) even without meeting until the day before our wedding! He made our ceremony so special and so personal to us, it was as if he had known us for years. All of our guests raved about the ceremony and how well spoken Philip was. I would recommend him in a heartbeat. I am so sad we only spent a short time with him, but the memories will last for a lifetime.

Katherina · Married on 09/19/2018

Phillip, of Asheville Marriages, was exactly the perfect officiant for Mark and I. From our first conversation to great communication online, I knew we had chosen wisely. Highly recommend! You won’t be dissatisfied. He was warm and articulate, capturing exactly what we wanted in a small elopement ceremony
    . Mark and Katherina Buff

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Asheville Marriages 10
    Asheville Marriages 11
    Asheville Marriages 12

Asheville Marriages's reply:

Thank you Katherina, it was wonderful meeting you and Mark and I'm thrilled that we are neighbors! Looking forward to seeing y'all soon!

Kimberly · Married on 08/18/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Rodney (and Phillip!) from Asheville Marriages. Rodney brought style, patience, creativity, and personality to our wedding ceremony. Our friends and family absolutely loved the message of the ceremony. Thank you so much! 10/10!

Tracy · Married on 08/03/2018

From the first phone call to the filing of the paperwork, Asheville Marriages provided great service taking care of every detail of our out of state elopement. But what inspires me to write today is the joy and happiness, the patience and compassion that was provided to us as a couple and as a family.
    Jenn truly cared about our personal situation and preferences. She crafted the most beautiful wedding ceremony that included our favorite blessings and honored those we love. She went out of her way to scope out the river setting we chose even sending delightful videos for 'rain options'. She assisted our adult children in gifting us with the most wonderful surprise: their presence. Each and every time we interacted with her she brought sincere happiness and joyful anticipation for our special day. And on wedding day, she brought the sunshine!
    We couldn't be more grateful, more thrilled, more in love with each other, with Jenn and with Asheville Marriages.
    Every single star! All thumbs up!

Susan · Married on 07/21/2018

Michael was amazing! He performed the perfect ceremony for us. It included our personalities and a little humor. We enjoyed meeting him and working together to make our wedding perfect!

Craig · Married on 07/15/2018

The team at Asheville Marriages was simply amazing! We contacted them a little later than we should have and they didn’t even flinch. They immediately set up a time to talk about us and what we were looking for in the ceremony. We were paired with Sara Judy and it was perfect!! She guided us on creating a personal, humorous and moving ceremony. Her suggestions were spot on and she really made herself available to us for guidance the whole way. She was so sincere and made us feel like we were the most important couple she was working with. Highly recommend Asheville Marriages and Sara Judy for your ceremony!!

Asheville Marriages 13
    Asheville Marriages 14
    Asheville Marriages 15
    Asheville Marriages 16

Stephanie · Married on 07/07/2018

5 Star Experience

Philip was very responsive, great leader, and made sure we covered everything we wanted in our marriage enrichment program as well as the ceremony.

Asheville Marriages 17
    Asheville Marriages 18
    Asheville Marriages 19
    Asheville Marriages 20
    Asheville Marriages 21
    Asheville Marriages 22

Victoria · Married on 06/23/2018

We had a great experience with Asheville Marriages. Our officiant, Rodney, was very prompt and professional with all communications. He was easy to work with and listened to the feedback that we had about our ceremony. The pricing and availability was what pushed us to use them and we were not disappointed. Asheville Marriages made our wedding day very comfortable and special.

Asheville Marriages 23

Jesse · Married on 06/23/2018

Finding an officiant was the thing my husband and I stressed out about the most while planning our wedding. I'm so thankful we found Asheville Marriages. They were so easy to communicate with, professional, and kind throughout the whole process. Our officiant, Rodney, is one in a million. It was great to get to meet him before the ceremony and we had so many guests comment that it seemed like he had known us for years. We're thankful to have had such a beautiful, meaningful, and personal ceremony and couldn't have done it without Rodney and the Asheville Marriages team!

Kristen · Married on 06/09/2018

I can't even begin to describe how happy we were with Philip. Philip was willing to work with us to make our ceremony exactly what we wanted; he was funny, serious, charming and professional. We couldn't ask for more except to get married again & again!

Emily · Married on 06/01/2018

Philip did a wonderful job on our elopement ceremony. He gave us a great initial ceremony and we worked together to personalize it the way we envisioned it. He pulled it off flawlessly. Everyone that attended our small ceremony very much enjoyed what he had prepared and complimented his delivery. He was genuine and easy to work with. Our ceremony was one of the most unforgettable things about our wedding and it was just as we had envisioned it!

Asheville Marriages 24