Asheville and Charlotte Marriages Reviews

Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 7
  • Nancy

Nancy Stoms · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Best decision ever

Let me begin by saying that Phillip was the most complimented vendor at our wedding. Our guests loved him. I will also admit that I was apprehensive about hiring an officiant but my (now) husband preferred we do so and I obliged. Best. Decision. Ever. We hit it off with Phillip immediately and he quickly absorbed our vibe, our preferred ceremony style, likes, dislikes, and everything in between. The way Phillip presented our ceremony made us feel like we had known him for the entire decade we have been together. Our guests felt the same way. They kept asking how long we knew him and it was all because Phillip took so much time, effort, and paid lots of attention to the details of our personal love story which he then translated into the most amazing ceremony. Everything Phillip did and said made us feel like he was around for every year of our lives together and my husband and I had such an amazing emotional connection with his readings. I highly suggest using Asheville Marriages; you will NOT regret it. Phillip was the perfect person to speak about our relationship and we are forever indebted to him for making our special day so amazing. Again, even if you are hesitant to hire an officiant, I promise you, you will not regret choosing Asheville Marriages.

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 08/10/2019

We LOVED our officiant from Asheville Marriages - would highly recommend to anyone!!

Our experience with Asheville Marriages was truly wonderful! We spoke to the owner of the company prior to booking our officiant in order to gather some preliminary information and answer some questions. We were put in contact with Rodney, the officiant for our wedding, who sent us a Google doc of the ceremony for us to review and fill in some information. He was very easy to reach and communicate with through email and very thorough in the ceremony plan he sent us. The ceremony was exactly what we were hoping for - it was beautiful and intimate, but also inclusive for our friends and family who were present. Rodney did a wonderful job with the ceremony, we absolutely couldn't have asked for a better ceremony or officiant!

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 8
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 9
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 10
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 11
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 12

BRITTANY Brattain · Married on 06/22/2019

Convenience with a great result

We had Rodney McClain as our officiant. He delivered a great ceremony script and tailored it to our needs. He was very responsive to our questions and gave solutions that were helpful. Asheville Marriages made the whole process so easy and convenient especially for someone having a wedding in a different city than they live in. From online booking to payment and then even document sharing the whole process was an ease. I wish all vendors were as easy and dependable as them! Highly recommend them and Rodney McClain for anyone looking for a helpful and joyful officiant.

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • amanda

amanda · Married on 06/21/2019

Asheville Marriages

We are so excited to be working with Phillip from Asheville Marriages. We knew as soon as we spoke to him on the phone for our consultation that it was going to be a good fit. He was open, kind, curious about us and knew what he was doing. Since then we met with him for a casual meet and greet where we met his lovely family and he met some of ours. I'm looking forward to his personalized, and creative way during our ceremony!

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • Pamela

Pamela Daniluk · Married on 06/04/2019

Wedding Ceremony

It was so easy and stress free. Philip was very accommodating, and kept us informed on what needed to be done leading up to our big day. It was a great experience.

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 13
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/01/2019

Stop Looking & Call them!

When we started the wedding planning process, we were considering asking a friend to get ordained & did not find the ceremony to be that important. Our opinion changed so much due to the wonderful service we were provided by Asheville Marriages! We had a phone consultation with Phillip who took our religious preferences, families & personalities into account before pairing us with our officiant, Jenn Fieldman. We initially hesitated to opt for the highest tier package including pre-marital counseling & a personalized ceremony thinking we didn't need those 'extras', but decided to give it a go. We began completing the weekly pre-marital exercises via email & phone with our officiant from afar, and we quickly realized we were so thankful we had chosen this option. While we considered our bond pretty solid going into the counseling, we strengthened that bond through really talking through every aspect of our partnership & expectations of marriage. We also got to know & love our officiant, Jenn, who helped us plan a sweet & personal ceremony that reflected who we are as a couple. I have gotten so many compliments from our friends and family saying that they thought our ceremony was one of the most heartfelt they had attended, and that they loved our officiant asking how we knew her. I have been happy to sing Asheville Marriage's praises in response! Communication with Asheville Marriages throughout was another highlight, including reminders & tips for how to get our marriage license & how to change my name easily. Jenn & Asheville Marriages team, thank you so much for helping us to set a foundation for our marriage built to last, and for giving us a ceremony experience we will treasure forever. If you are considering a DIY ceremony option & think this is an area you should cut cost, I highly recommend you give Asheville Marriages your business instead!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Karri Jacobs · Married on 06/01/2019

Best Decision Ever!

We are so happy that we chose to work with Asheville Marriages! Everything about their process makes your life easier! Our officiant was Keith and we are so grateful to have met him! He is so positive, upbeat, and full of life! We could tell that he truly cared about our special day and about actually getting to know us along the way! He helped us plan our ceremony from start to finish, and he took the time to make it unique to represent our love and bond with each other. It was absolutely beautiful and he is literally the best officiant we could have ever asked for! If you want to work with a professional, supportive, and organized company that will help you create the most meaningful and memorable ceremony possible...definitely book Asheville Marriages!

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2019

Best Officiant Ever

Wow!!! Never in a million years did I think we would be find such a perfect (for us) officiant. Philip matched us with Rodney and we couldn't have been happier. From the first email to our wedding day he was amazing! He really got us and it was like we had known him our whole lives. Thank you so much Rodney, we loved having you as a part of our special day!
    Sarah & Matt Young

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Monica

Monica selak · Married on 05/24/2019

perfect day

Phillip was wonderful to work with- felt like we had known him for years! Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Samantha Ford · Married on 05/17/2019

Beautiful Ceremony

It was great to work with Jay. She delivered a heart felt message and helped make our ceremony special.

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Kiana

Kiana · Married on 05/17/2019

Jenn Was Amazing!

We couldn't have asked for a better Officiant than Jenn Fieldman! I HIGHLY recommend her!

PROS:
    -Jenn really listened to us and what we wanted. She created a customized ceremony based on the questionnaire and the vows we had already written.
    -Jenn was so kind and calm during the whole process. She even called the night before to let us know we could make changes if we wanted to.
    -She filed the marriage license and we are legally married!

CONS:
    -More money than we had expected to pay, but the customization was worth it since marriage is the most important part

Sent on 07/15/2019
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 14
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 15
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 16
  • Molly

Molly Mara · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful Day

Philip Lingle was perfect! The focus was on our love and celebrating that. We aren’t ones for lots of words, he gave us several ideas for vows and we each chose the one that spoke to us and what we wanted from each other for our marriage and live together. I’m so happy that we decided to go with Asheville Marriages for our officiant.

Sent on 08/17/2019
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 17
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 18
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 19
  • Tina

Tina Nowak · Married on 05/01/2019

Beautiful Ceremony

Jay was absolutely wonderful. She was very personable and professional. She assisted me every step of the way to make sure that our ceremony was exactly what I wanted. We received multiple compliments!!!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 04/28/2019

Asheville marriages was amazing!

We chose Asheville Marriages as they were on the preferred vendor list at our venue. That was one of the best decisions we made! Sara Judy was our officiant and we just loved her! She made the process special, and personalized. She helped us with writing our own vows, which was very important to us! On the day of our wedding, she put us both at ease, and her ceremony was perfect! We got so many compliments about how special the service was, and how wonderful she made it! Sara radiates love and her spirit just shines and sparkles! We are so thankful she was a part of the beginning of our forever after!

Sent on 05/02/2019
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 20

Amber · Married on 04/28/2019

Peggy is great!

Peggy officiated our wedding, and did a wonderful job learning about us and incorporating this into the service. She arrived early and connected with our families, including my 92-year old grandmother, which really showed that she valued and recognized how special this day was to us and our families. She was super friendly, did a nice job of making the ceremony relaxed, reflective of us, and beautiful! It felt personal and she brought love and attention to her role. We fully recommend her!

Sent on 05/04/2019

Chela · Married on 04/27/2019

Asheville Marriages is the best!

Phillip & Rodney worked with us to have a ceremony that was unique to us and emphasized the things we value and love about life and one another. They helped to make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 21

Paige · Married on 04/13/2019

Asheville Marriages was so great to work with!! I would recommend them to everyone! Jenn, our officiant was amazing!! We had so many guests compliment her ceremony. Jenn was so easy to work with and really helped to make me and my husband feel so comfortable and confident on the big day!

Sent on 05/10/2018
  • Devin

devin chigos · Married on 04/13/2019

Great Officiate!

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Phil Lingle, with Asheville Marriages officiate our wedding. We got married in the beautiful area of Cashiers, NC. Phil really made our ceromony feel intimate, personal, and a true union between my husband and I. We took the 8 week marriage enrichment course, which really brought us closer, and also gave Phil a chance to really understand who we were as a couple. The 8 week course not only strengthened my husband and I, but it made us feel closer to our officiate, Phil whom we only met on the day of our wedding, but It felt as if we knew him for much longer! If you are looking for officiates who really enjoy bringing two people together, as one, and are passionate about what they do, please look no further! Thank you Asheville Marriages!!

Sent on 04/30/2019
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 22

Asheville and Charlotte Marriages's reply:

Thank you Devin! I can't express what a joy it was to get to know you both and to be part of this special time. I can't wait to see pictures of the ceremony!

Stephanie Ford · Married on 02/24/2019

Amazing experience!

I absolutely loved using Asheville Marriages to find an officiant for our wedding. I had found a few glowing reviews for Michael DeSerio and knew that I wanted him for our wedding. The process was so easy and the company stayed in contact the whole time through emails which I loved. I didn't feel like we were just another number to them! Michael was wonderful and such a joy to work with. He wrote a beautiful ceremony and made sure that it was exactly what we wanted. Day of, he showed up with a big smile on his face and did an excellent job. I'm so pleased with him and the whole experience, I just can't thank him enough. He is your guy if you're looking for someone warm, friendly, eloquent, with a big smile!

Sent on 03/06/2019

Dina M. Allan · Married on 01/19/2019

Grateful for Phil!

Asheville Marriages was such a great choice for our wedding. For the beginning, the service options were easy to understand and making a selection based on our needs was simple. Working with Philip on our vows was enjoyable – he was always friendly and flexible and truly wanted our vows to match our desires and personalities. Our ceremony was everything we hoped for – full of love and lots of laughter!!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Asheville and Charlotte Marriages's reply:

Thank you so much Dina, it was such a pleasure working with you! I wish you both the very best and I hope our paths cross again!
  • mdaveasey

Melissa · Married on 11/17/2018

Thorough, helpful, and genuine!

Our experience with Phil was beyond incredible. Neither of us have a church or are religious, but we wanted an officiant that didn't just say blanket platitudes about love and not feel like there was anything personal. Phil talked with us on the phone, and we did the AM marriage courses, which I'd highly recommend. The program's guidelines for difficult conversations, some of which I'd never tried to put into words before, were so helpful in navigating our relationship, wedding planning, and foreseeing our expectations for post-wedding - you know, marriage :) our friends and family were so impressed with Phil, commenting on his choice of wording, his warmth, and his spending time with many friends and family during the reception. We were so lucky to work with him, and feel like we found an amazing person and friend in the process.

Sent on 12/17/2018
    Asheville and Charlotte Marriages 23

Asheville and Charlotte Marriages's reply:

Thanks Melissa, it was pure joy for me! I wish you both the very best and I can't wait for our paths to cross again!
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 11/10/2018

We were so pleased with the responsiveness of Asheville Marriages. Vaughn was very flexible and open to moving our ceremony spot!

Vaughn was wonderful. First of all our original spot was muddy and I was freaking out that it would be too hard of a hike for my family and we changed the location the week before. Vaughn was so understanding and willing to accommodate us on our change and open to any time during the day! On the day if he was very personable, kind, and sweet to us! I loved how intimate and authentic the ceremony was. We are so lucky that we had Vaughn on this special day!

Sent on 11/16/2018

emily · Married on 11/09/2018

Great experience

After finding out that our personal preferences for officiating our wedding could not attend our date, we were in a pickle trying to find someone we had never met to be a part of our special day. We have nothing but wonderful things to day about AM and Mike DeSerio. He was fantastic and all of our guests thought so as well. His speech is fluent, no interruptions, distractions, and his words are beautiful! He added just the right amount of humor. Thank you AM for making our day so special!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/27/2018

Loved having Keith as our officiant!

We narrowed down who we thought we wanted to be our officiant from the Asheville Marriages group pretty early on and the preliminary interviews definitely helped us feel really confident in our final pick. Keith was AMAZING to work with and we are so happy he is who married us! We incorporated some traditional Greek Orthodox elements into the ceremony that were new to him, but he did so much research and honored the tradition perfectly! It meant the world to us how much he listened and customized our ceremony to who we are as individuals and a couple. He is super laid back, but takes what matters to you so seriously - a perfect balance. Would definitely recommend to anyone!!

Sent on 11/12/2018