Ashelynn Manor Reviews

93 | Magnolia, TX

93 Reviews for Ashelynn Manor

• beth09

Bethany · Married on 08/08/2009

Everything was perfect! The staff is so friendly, helpful, and thorough. I thought the price was high at first, but after seeing everything they include and all that I didn't have to worry about, it was definitely worth it. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a fairy tale wedding!

Sent on 08/25/2009
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie · Married on 07/01/2009

i did not actually get married here (because my husband is in the navy and we only had 2 weeks, and him coming down was a surprise) but i loved this place when i looked at it. they provided me with detailed info, even their website helped me a great deal!

Sent on 07/23/2009

Kerri · Married on 06/27/2009

Stunning place to get married! Tessi and her staff provided me with the finest location, professionalism and help a stressful bride and MOB could ask for! My day was absolutely perfect! Nothing went wrong and my day was captured exactly the way I always dreamed about!

Sent on 08/05/2010

Chanda · Married on 05/16/2009

Ashelynn Manor was wonderful! My wedding went perfect,the staff is amazing.You do get alot for your money.

Sent on 08/31/2009

Ashley · Married on 04/18/2009

The ladies that run Ashelynn Manor are wonderful. They answered all my questions and didn't mind that I called almost everyday in the last week. I could not ask for better people to understand what I was going through and were great! I know that I had a beautiful wedding not because all my planning but because I had it at Ashelynn Manor and those incredible women took care of me and my crazy family. I recommend this venue over and over and tell everyone what a great experience we had with them.

Sent on 04/30/2009

Emily · Married on 09/28/2008

Ashelynn Manor was the most beautiful venue out of all of the venues I looked at. They offer so much at such an affordable price. The staff was extremely nice and very well organized. The day of my wedding their staff was very attenative and professional, they provided several coordinators to help us to the point of walking down the isle. My reception was perfect, the food was delicious and the DJ kept everyone up and having a great time. Thank you Ashelynn Manor.

Sent on 10/02/2008

Phoenix · Married on 04/06/2008

I loved Ashelynn Manor!!! I had no regrets whatsoever having my wedding and reception there. The staff was just wonderful and very willing to work with our needs. They also had great suggestions, and we felt really taken care of! Tessie made sure we knew where to go, what to do, and had everything ready for us. They have complete wedding packages at excellent prices, almost half of what a lot of venues in Houston was asking for. Ashelynn Manor's vision is Christian based, and their services reflected that. The bed & breakfast was gorgeous and they had rooms to accommodate us. The newly built chapel was a country style white chapel, which made a picture perfect wedding!

Sent on 10/07/2008

Lindsey · Married on 07/14/2018

I loved this venue, Nikki is amazing and made our wedding wonderful so made everything so simple and responded so quickly to every question I had. Love love love this place!!

Sent on 07/28/2018
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 10/09/2015

I absolutely LOVE this venue! It's so beautiful and gives the country look/feel that most Texas brides want. I cannot WAIT until I get married here next year!! I couldn't have picked a better venue.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Ashelynn Manor's reply:

Erica thank you choosing Ashelynn Manor to be part of your special day! We look for ward to working with you as you plan your October 2015 wedding!!

Darynda · Married on 09/12/2015

Wonderful place to have a wedding. They have it together! One stop shopping! Chapel and reception. Food is pretty good. Bring in your own liquor!! YEAH!! That saved us TONS of money. The only thing we had to bring in were cups for alcohol. We were also able to bring in our own candy bar and some extra decorations - but those weren't needed. They do the clean up too so you can enjoy the day!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Devon · Married on 12/29/2012

Ashelynn Manor was a dream to work with! Tessie, Kendall, and Jackie (plus their staff) were beyond wonderful, working with me on questions, kinks, and all the other planning hitches that come with planning a December wedding in Houston with our yo-yo weather. We had originally planned a gazebo wedding with a back-up plan for the chapel, but because of our small wedding and the weather, they suggested we change to a wedding and reception in the Manor house, and I am so glad we did! Small, intimate, and beautiful. I had asked if the Christmas decorations could stay up in the house and on the grounds, and they were happy to accommodate me. I wanted a venue where I really just needed to show up and get dressed, and that was what I received here - a beautiful wedding, smooth sailing through the ceremony from the time I arrived til I left in our car. I got that, and more! I highly recommend the location for any bride who is looking for a beautiful venue at a great value.

Sent on 12/31/2012

Great venue!! They were extremely professional and made my wedding day run very smoothly!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Diane · Married on 04/30/2011

We basically looked only at places which were pretty much all inclusive with the wedding details. Being relatively new to the Houston area, we didn't know which vendors (bakers, caterers, florists, etc) would be good choices, so we were OK with paying a little more for the convenience of having most everything included in one package. After looking at many of the wedding venues in the area, we chose Ashelynn Manor based on others' reviews and because it was the most beautiful setting we came across. The food (included in the base price) was excellent, the cakes (both the bride's and groom's cakes being included in the base price) were beautiful and delicious, and the flowers (not included in the base price but one of several florists they recommend) were outstanding. We chose the standard white linens for the tables (included in the base price) instead of upgrading, and they looked beautiful. Living in the Houston area, we were concerned about what they would do in the event of rain and were told that huge umbrellas would be set up so the guests and wedding party could walk under them from the chapel to the reception area. Another perk was that the bride and wedding party were able to have their hair and makeup done on site just before the ceremony. We were very pleased with everything, and the wedding proceeded from start to finish with no flaws.

Sent on 05/24/2011

Shelly · Married on 05/01/2009

This place is great and a real value for the money. We got a package and they made the whole process very smooth. Haley worked with me throughout the process.
    On the day of Everything ran smoothly.
    The food was outstanding.
    All of my guests said they had a great time.

Sent on 06/25/2009

My son got married at Ashlynn Manor this past May. I went with he and my daughter-in-law for the initial visit and was so hoping that they would choose this venue. Fortunately, they did, and they had a beautiful and perfect wedding and reception. From that initial visit to the day of the wedding, I was so impressed with everything about this venue. They were attentive to every detail and just have everything set up to make the whole process seamless. The wedding coordinator, Jackie, was excellent. She covered everything at the rehearsal that we could possibly have needed to know in a concise and very professional manor. She was also on hand on the wedding day, of course, and there wasn't a detail that she ignored. Everything ran on time and so smoothly. She made it so enjoyable for my son and his bride, as well as both of the families.

I had another son get married in August at another venue in Houston. It was a much more expensive venue than Ashlynn Manor. It was a beautiful setting and the wedding was nice, but it was not nearly as well run as Ashlynn Manor. The coordinator for their wedding was not very pleasant and not very informative at all. Our experience at Ashlynn Manor far outweighed the experience at the other venue, even though it is a very popular venue in North Houston.

I highly recommend Ashlynn Manor. I really don't think you can go wrong with this venue. We had zero complaints and were so very impressed with every aspect of our experience there.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Beth · Married on 03/28/2014

We were beyond pleased with our daughter's wedding that took place at this wonderful venue. What sold us on the venue was the beautiful vintage chapel. The entire grounds and manor are absolutely lovely. We had several out of state guests who were all very impressed with the entire setting of the venue. Jackie, our wedding coordinator was very will organized and did a fantastic job of keeping everyone calm. Katy was so nice and very helpful in the months leading up to the wedding and through our final meeting day. Tessie, the owner, was also very friendly and helpful. The entire staff was very professional and very personable which all led to an amazing wedding for our daughter and new "son-in-love".

Sent on 04/11/2014

This venue is unparalleled in overall beauty of the surroundings. It is a bit of a drive to get out there, but the serenity and privacy of the place is well worth it. I think it is especially nice for a morning or daytime wedding. All of the staff are highly professional and very friendly.

Sent on 11/17/2013

My husband and I recently got married at Ashelynn Manor, and it was an absolutely wonderful experience! We actually live in the DFW area, so it was important to us to find a venue that did a lot of the work for us. Ashelynn Manor really went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! The food was wonderful, the decorations were exquisite, and the DJ did a wonderful job. We also used their preferred vendors for invitations, the bride's and groom's cakes, and hair/make-up. Everything turned out so wonderfully, so I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a wonderful wedding experience! Thanks Ashelynn Manor!

Sent on 09/02/2012

This place made the wedding of my dreams come true. They provided almost everything and that made the planning so much smoother. It was a beautiful day and I wish I could relive it!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Kimberly · Married on 09/05/2014

Ashelynn Manor is a wonderful place to have a wedding! If you want the job to be done, and not have to worry about a thing, go with them! They outline everything you need to have planned ahead of time to keep you stress free. I'm sure there were things that went wrong behind the scenes, but I didn't know a single thing thank goodness! It rained during my ceremony, but everything still ran smoothly and I never got a drop on me. Make sure you have your final guest count accurate because there are no refunds if you pay over the amount you actually have. I had a fabulous time at a great place with the best staff.

Sent on 09/26/2014

Ashelynn Manor's reply:

Thank you for such a nice review! Yes it did rain during your ceremony and there was a double rainbow out as the ceremony ended. I'd love to see the pictures the photographer took!

As far as our guest count policy; we highly recommend to our brides and their families when they chose Ashelynn Manor to reserve the minimum guest count and at their final meeting to give us their confirmed number of guests. Then they pay only for those who have R.S.V.P.'d.

Emily · Married on 05/12/2012

This was a great place for a wedding. Our wedding was outdoors under the gazebo, and the reception was in the barn. I loved the location, the privacy, and the planners! They did a great job and were flexible with my wants and needs.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Nancy · Married on 11/06/2010

I found that Ashelynn Manor was very helpful in the planning of my wedding. Anytime I had a question I was able to call or email them and get a response back pretty quickly. I felt we got out monies worth. The only problems that I had were that they had a couple of old truck there that you could take pictures with if you wanted. They said that for a "small" detailing fee that the guy who owned them would come out and make sure that they were picture ready and he would also move them around the property so pictures could be taken. When I asked what the detailing fee was they said $250. That in my book is not "small". The next problem I had was the day that I was going to take my bridal portraits. I called ahead to make sure the day I wanted to set to take them was good for them. I told them what time (starting at 4 pm) I wanted to start and how long I would take. We thought we would be done around 6pm. They said that they leave at 4 and that in order for someone to stay they would charge me $200 an hour with a minimum of 2 hours. They also said that the only way around this charge would be if I was using one of their preffered photographer venders, which I was not, or I can take them while still in business hours. Most photographers do not like to take pictures at noon because of the lighting. The next problem was the day of the wedding. I am very close to my 2 Aunts and I wanted to include them in the wedding. I did not have a flower girl so I asked if my Aunts would set out flower petals down the asile before my bridesmaids and I walked down. I specifically told my wedding cordinator for the wedding (who works for Ashelynn Manor) that that was what I wanted. I found out after the wedding that my Aunts did not put the petals down at all and they cordinator told the florist to do it. The flowers were put out before the guests arrived.

On top of all this, I felt very rushed by the cordinator all day. I realize that they are trying to stay on a time frame because there was another wedding after ours, but I felt like I was a part of a herd of cattle being herded. Because of this, pictures that I wanted to be taken were not taken.

Sent on 01/27/2011

Michele · Married on 03/21/2010

I had my wedding on a Sunday at Ashelynn Manor, and it was the perfect day! Prior to the wedding, I had many questions and concerns, especially as I was coming from out-of-town. The staff worked with me, even when my guest count dropped waay below my original count.

I initially looked at this venue because 2/3 of my guests were coming from out-of-town. I wanted an all-in-one location, and I found that there were not many places to choose from - and when I visited Ashelynn Manor, I fell in love with how beautiful the grounds are! The white chapel is simply gorgeous. The reception barn is absolutely fun.

And though it wasn't the cheapest of venues, I loved that so much was included in the price! The linens, serveware, a really nice cake, DJ, 6 hrs of time, etc.

But the real surprise came on the wedding day. I cannot express with words how awesome it was to have 4 wedding coordinators! There were so many things to take care of, but I didn't have to see/think about ANY of them! My coordinators kept me calm, helped maneuver my photos with my bridesmaids so that I wouldn't run into my husband, helped my musicians set up, and took care of all the details in the background.

My biggest advice to ANY bride now is to hire a coordinator, and at Ashelynn Manor, I got 4 included in the package price!!

My photos turned out beautiful, my guests loved the venue, and my groom and I had the easiest, best day. What else can I say? =)

Sent on 07/26/2010

Lindsey · Married on 10/03/2008

Ashelynn Manor was a dream come true for our wedding! It was the perfect location for us and we loved the fact that they took care of alot of the stuff for us. We could not have been happier with our choice to book at Ashelynn Manor.

Sent on 10/31/2008

Caroline · Married on 01/09/2016

We loved everything about Ashelynn Manor! It was the perfect day! The staff were very helpful at answering all our questions and made everything easy. The only downside was that several people who RSVPd didn't come and we paid a per person price. I would definitely suggest to go under your expected number.

Sent on 01/22/2016