145 Reviews for Outer Banks Weddings by Artz Music & Photography

Partial Planning (2)
Destination (2)
Religious (2)
Non-Religious (1)

They are definitely our second family in OBX now... They helped us so much and we're so awesome! I wish we could have hung out with them more! Made our day with our three little ones so special!

Profile Picture Rhiannon, 5/20/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Religious, Ceremony

Sue and her husband are the nicest people I have ever met. She's violin skills are amazing along with the personalized Dj service the quality was more than I could have imagined

Profile Picture Jenna , 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Sue did an outstanding job! She helped make my daughters wedding day a dream come true!

Profile Picture Sherry, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Sue and Matt were an absolute pleasure to work with. I asked them to capture my engagement and the surprise party right after and I couldn't be happier with the results. They are genuinely nice people that are easy to get along with and are very accommodating.

I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking to photograph an engagement or any other memorable event.

Profile Picture Ned, 6/24/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Sue and Matt were excellent and fun to work with for our engagement photos. They were professional and very quick to respond to all of our questions. On the day of the photo shoot they helped direct us and create the perfect shots. We received our online album quickly and were very impressed with the quality of the photos. We highly recommend their services!

Profile Picture David, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography, Wedding Planning

Holy Moly!! We couldn't be happier with the beautiful, no STUNNING pictures that you took at our perfect little ceremony at The Whalehead Club in Corolla. Also, I can't thank you enough for your flexibility and willingness to make sure I got every shot I wanted! If you're getting married/eloping in the OBX, do yourself a favor and call Sue and Matt Artz. You won't be disappointed!
Scott & Tracey

Profile Picture Tracey, 5/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sue and Matt were so amazing to work with. OBX was a destination wedding for us, so from the very beginning they were as helpful as could be. They invited us to their home to discuss exactly what we wanted, and from there we were able to communicate via e-mail and text. When the big day finally arrived, they were prompt and professional - and were everything photographers should be! Sue was a wonderful officiant, and could go with the flow when we were nervous and didn't know what we were doing since we did not have a rehearsal. They were so helpful with our planning process - giving us recommendations for everything! They were budget friendly. Now we have someone we can call every time we visit the OBX and need pictures taken! We could not have asked for a better turn out of our wedding pictures!

Photos
Profile Picture Kim, 5/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Planning

Matt & Sue were absolutely wonderful on our wedding day! They came prepared and took amazing shots of our special day. They included our entire family, got every picture we asked for, and came up with some great creative shots we hadn't thought of! Absolutely wonderful people, very easy to work with and was prompt in getting back to us every time. I highly recommend Artz Music and Photography for your OBX wedding!

Profile Picture Marley, 4/24/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Referrals

My husband and I had a great experience with Artz Music and Photography! This was our second marriage and wanted a small, cozy yet beautiful wedding. Sue and Matt were so accommodating and worked with us on our photography needs and Sue played the violin for music whic was absolutely beautiful. We highly recommend Sue and Matt for any wedding of all sizes and venues!

Photo
Profile Picture Julia, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Wedding Planning

Sue was amazing!!! I’m not sure what I would’ve done without her on that day! Their so much more then photographers and musicians they became our friends and next we need photos and we’re in the obx you can bet we’ll call them!!

Profile Picture Crystal, 3/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

We were fortunate enough to find Sue relatively last minute for our 9/13/2016 wedding. She did a wonderful job accommodating our needs and even helped me to surprise my (now) husband by learning his favorite song for me to walk down the aisle to. She helped us bring to life the perfect soundtrack for our beach ceremony!

Profile Picture User5248008, 1+ year ago, 13 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Sue & Matt Artz made our day so special! It's like we had been old friends for years! They were so great with communication and answered every question we had along the way. We were planning our ceremony remotely from Chicago and everything came together beautifully. So glad we have these memories to look back on for years to come! Sue played violin as we walked out to the arch set up on the beach. It was just breathtaking & just as I imagined my wedding day to be! Thanks for everything Matt and Sue! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, Photography

Sue and Matt were great to work with and they were a big help in directing our 10 yr vow renewal ceremony! The violin was a really nice touch to the ceremony and the pictures turned out great! I definitely recommend Artz Music & Photography!!

Profile Picture Shelley, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Absolutely amazing!!!! Couldn't have found anyone better!

Profile Picture Dayna, 6/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Photography

Sue and Matt did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding on 5/12/16. Sue responded to all email correspondence rapidly and was extremely helpful in planning the music for both the ceremony and the reception. Sue's violin music for the ceremony was beautiful, and the fact that she can play a wide variety of songs allowed my daughter to choose songs that were special to her. At the reception, Sue and Matt kept everyone dancing from the first dance to the last, with music inviting for all ages. As was to be expected, there were some changes that needed to be made to the timeline during the reception, and Sue was very flexible and made everything flow smoothly. It was a huge benefit that Sue and Matt could take care of everything related to the music for the wedding. They are pro's and we could just relax and enjoy it!

Profile Picture User6984548, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Photography, Wedding Planning

Sue and Matt could not have helped us any more than they did to create and pull off the most perfect wedding day. When we reached out to them we were overwhelmed with all the decisions we had to make from several states away. Sue jumped right in with recommendations, guidance, and reassurances. It was wonderful having 4 vendors in one package. And her catering recommendation (Argyle's) was absolutely amazing! Both Sue and Matt kept everything on track the day of the wedding so all we had to worry about was getting dressed and walking down the aisle. From our first phone call, through emails, our pre-wedding sit down, all the way to the end of our wonderful day we could not have asked for anything more.

From the moment I heard Sue's violin music coming from the beach I was emotional. The beauty of the moment could not have been more perfect. Sue kept our wishes and our requests in mind throughout everything, even consulting with us when there was an unusual request from a guest, she just was making sure that everything was exactly what we wanted, I felt like she was my guardian angel helping keep everything the way I had envisioned. And wow did she keep the reception hopping, everyone loved the music, I don't think there was a moment when there weren't people dancing and just having an awesome time. She didn't even shy away from a rather crazy request from me for my Father/Daughter dance.

And the pictures, all I can say is Wow! Matt captured everything, from my Dad's face when he saw me in my dress for the first time, the moments I couldn't see because I was getting ready, all the way to our rooftop sunset pictures right before the reception was over. We told Matt we wanted candid shots mostly, we wanted to capture the day in beautiful moments with our family and friends, and that is exactly what he did. If you want everything to run smoothly and be captured beautifully, then Sue & Matt are who you need for your special day!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Words cannot express how happy I am that we chose to go with Matt and Sue for our wedding. They were fantastic from day one. I had called around, and was just unsettled with my decision until I spoke with Sue. I expected a quick phone call, but instead I ended up talking with her for 45 minutes. She was incredibly helpful, and made me feel at rest about all of the decisions we had made that far in the planning process. I had decided that they were the best fit for us before I had even hung up the phone. From that point on, Sue was my go to for any questions or concerns that I had about the wedding. They helped us with decisions unrelated to the photography or music that allowed us to stay within our budget. When we made a planning trip down to Corolla, they set aside time within our short visit to meet with us. We left there feeling very confident with our choice. Reflecting back on how well the whole process went, I feel it is so important to emphasis how supportive they were of our budget and our ideas that may have been unique or questionable. They listened to our ideas and made us feel as if we were the best wedding planners they had ever seen. This was especially reassuring since we did not hire a wedding planner. Now onto the actual wedding day - they showed up early and got started right away. A wave of anxiety had washed over me right before they walked in, so I rushed through talking to them and just told them to do what they thought was best. Everything was on time and so smooth. I could not imagine the ceremony or reception going any better. I left that day feeling so overwhelmed with gratitude for them. To top that off, they had our pictures to us wayyy before I expected based on the turnover rate of other photographers I had talked to. My husband :) and I set up the slideshow and were able to relive all the emotions we experienced that day. The pictures were beyond amazing. Our wedding was everything I ever hoped for.

Profile Picture Mariah, 4/23/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography

Matt and Sue are masters of their craft!! I could not imagine booking a better photographer, violinist, and DJ. Full package wrapped up in one couple, who did an absolutely amazing job. By far the best value, talent you will find in the market, I promise. They were in constant communication with us well prior to the wedding date. Eased our anxiety with the weather, our food vendor selection, and the mass number of people we invited. I don't always write reviews, but when I do, I do it for Matt and Sue!! Look forward to future interactions with this amazing couple.

Profile Picture Dexter, 4/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography, Wedding Planning

There are no words to describe how Matt and Sue Artz made our day fabulous. They were so flexible with our schedules since we lived in another state. Matt did not miss one moment with his camera, the candids, family photos, and trashing my dress was amazing. Sue you play the violin like an angel and there was not a moment that the dance floor was empty.Not only are you guys professional, but we feel like we have new friends in obx and every year we visit, our family portraits will only be done by you.Thank you again for all your hardwork!
Love,
Danielle and Mike Westbrook Pgh PA Go Steelers!

Profile Picture Daniellle, 2/13/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography

Sue and Matt are AMAZING!!! Sue played the violin BEAUTIFULLY for my ceremony. She played traditional songs and the star wars theme for the boys to walk into (which was a huge hit!!! She had a huge variety of songs to pick from and is more than willing to learn new ones. She was also the DJ for my wedding and did an AMAZING job! We told her what kind of music we liked and she completely got what we were looking for and exceeded our expectations! She even added WOW factor to the wedding when she plugged in her violin and played along to some songs toward the end of the night! It was AWESOME!!! Sue even made up a Wedding Timeline and gave me tons of advice throughout the planning process!!! Matt did our photography and he was absolutely PERFECT!!! He captured the day perfectly! I am literally able to go through my photos and completely relive the day! He captured so many candid photos that my husband and I will cherish forever! The best part was we barely even noticed him taking so many pictures!!! Sue and Matt are a package deal for a GREAT price! It was like dealing with one person for three vendors which was awesome and we had a lot of things in common so that was just icing on the cake!!! I wish I could give them more than five stars!!! Book them!!! You will not be disappointed!!! :-) :-) :-)

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/26/15, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

Let me start by saying these two are AWESOME - great value, great service, beautiful pictures, and excellent music. I booked Sue and Matt as quickly as possible for my Wedding because of online reviews and the awesome combo of having a DJ/Ceremony Music/Coordinator/Photographer all in one! Sue worked with me throughout the planning process - responding almost immediately to e-mails, texts, phone calls, etc. without any problem.. She even helped our Deacon with the ceremony because he is a family friend who had only done a few weddings. She coordinated with our catering service and of course with her Husband, Matt to ensure our day was worry-free. They arrived early both the venue to set up the DJ equipment and early to the chapel to help us get started. Our photos were returned in a timely manner and the pictures we captured (on an extremely windy day at the beach and with a very large group) were absolutely breathtaking!!!! He captured every person who attended our wedding - not an easy task with over 100 people. Sue's talent as a musician and DJ gave our ceremony and reception the exact feel that we were looking for. She learned a special song that I requested to walk down the aisle to and she even plugged in her violin to play Devil Went down to Georgia during the reception (by my request!)! She is excellent at reading the crowd, getting people to dance, but realizing when they need a quick break. If you are looking for an awesome value in the expensive OBX wedding market and a worry-free day (especially if you're not hiring a coordinator/planner) these two are the absolute BEST! :)

Profile Picture Emily, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals

Matt and Sue are AMAZING!! If you are even considering a wedding in the OBX area you would not be sorry to use this amazing husband and wife team! From the first e-mail Sue was amazing! She is So responsive and always able to help. We exchanged cell phone numbers and she was always happy to return text very quickly. We had a wonderful sit down before hand and they were both very receptive to our music and photo suggestions.
The day of went off without a hitch and I know this is mostly due to Matt and Sue. They were able to accomodate photos when we had some elderly family members that were not able to go into the sand. Sue kept the party going and Matt fit into the crowd like he was a guest, not the photographer. I have often been to weddings where the photographer stands out like a sore thumb and the crowd tends to shy away from the photographer. This was not the case! Matt was able to get right in there and blend in with the guests. I havn't seen our reception photos yet, but I'm sure there are some GREAT ones. My teaser photos have left me very excited to see the rest!
Sue was just wonderful. I thought that a violin on the beach might not be heard over the waves and the wind, but I could hear her playing from the pier. It was beautiful!! I cannot say enough about how she kept the party going and kept the mood light during the reception. She even played by 4 year old flower girl's favorite song twice since she missed the first one for a picture. :) She plugged in the Violin again later in the evening and she brought the house down! My family and guests were amazed and impressed that "the DJ is doing that!" It was an awesome addition to the party!!

I seriously cannot say enough about Matt and Sue. They were so very very easy to work with and they are all around wonderful people. If I could give 10 stars I would!! I can't wait to return to Kitty Hawk for family photos in the future, I will be calling!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography, Wedding Planning

Sue was a pleasure to work with. She played the violin beautifully for my elopement ceremony. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for some live music for their ceremony.

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Matt and sue were absolutely amazing! The pictures we've seen so far are beautiful and I cannot wait to see the rest! They are so caring and very responsive to emails!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/18/15, 2 Reviews