Artistic Productions Reviews

29 | San Diego, CA

29 Reviews for Artistic Productions

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Anna · Married on 04/15/2017

Artistic Productions with Lady DJ Marrilyn is awesome! We got married in the San Diego Zoo and found her name on their list of services. We contacted her on a whim on a day were in in the area and she found the time to meet with us. Her contract is easy to understand, straight to the point, and includes many add-in options. We had her do the sound for the pastor at our ceremony site, and she MCed our reception. Choosing music was easy for dancing and our special songs. Our friends got to request their favorite sounds, and it was a great party.

• Z

Zoya and Jeanne · Married on 08/08/2015

Merrylin is terrific. She made the party!

Debbie · Married on 12/07/2014

Merrylin did a fantastic job. She kept the pace going for us at our reception and everyone had a great time!

Lady DJ Merrylin of Artistic Productions is the absolute best!!! She kept the energy flowing at our wedding and is a first class act! She was incredibly helpful in helping us select our wedding music. The guests loved her. We were so pleased with her and recommend her to everyone. Thank you Merrylin for making our day special and memorable!!

Susan and · Married on 05/09/2014

We Highly recommend Merrylin as a DJ/emcee. We have used her for two major events in our lives. One, a naval retirement dinner party celebration. And two, our wedding.

She is fantastic and easy to work with. She's very much about what we as a couple wanted/did not want for music and the flow of our wedding. She both guided and supported us in the creation of our celebration.

She makes great recommendations for music and ambiance. And knows when to change the mood from quiet dinner music to get down and DANCE music. She is awesome. She made our wedding fabulous as well as the retirement celebration!

You will not be disappointed!

With love and gratitude.
    Cheers,
    Susan and Maddie

• User4209468 · 2+ years ago

Merrylin was the DJ at our wedding and she was awesome! She was very energetic and professional and kept the party going. She did a great job finding the songs that we requested and had such a positive attitude with everything we asked. She really put me at ease and was able to sit with us before the big day and go through each detail, song by song. She was very personable and was responsive to all of my questions (even my non-music related questions). Everything was perfect. We highly recommend Merrylin!

Melody and Natasha · Married on 03/20/2014

Merrylin was fantastic! If you are looking for a knowledgeable, fun and professional DJ she IS your lady. We had the pleasure of working with Merrylin and if we were to do it all over again, we would use her in a heartbeat. She has an enormous music selection which is filled with any and every kind of music you could think of. She kept our wedding guests dancing all night long. She was interactive and made the night very enjoyable. She was extremely courteous and very professional. Her smile illuminated the dance floor and the night ran very smoothly. She also made a point to be available to us if we had questions or concerns throughout the entire planning process. Not only was she an amazing DJ, she was flexible with some last minute changes we wanted to make, and she really pulled through with them! Our guests raved about how great she was which made us even more appreciative of her! She MADE our first dance. Merrylin will always be our first choice if we need a DJ. We cannot express enough gratitude towards her and what she did to make our wedding perfect.
    ~Natasha and Melody Dockery-Chleva

Merrylin was absolutely wonderful! I hired her to work a wedding for two wonderful women in from Arizona. She was flexible, fun, sweet, and kept the crowd going all night long! Thanks Merrylin!

Merrylin is an amazing DJ. She is great at reading the crowd and keeping the party rocking!

Cherie · Married on 05/04/2013

Loved the music, the energy and the awesome service! My guest danced until we were shut down by our venue :-)

Merrilyn was amazing! She met with my husband and I two different times before the wedding, she was always professional yet fun to be around. We were given the ability to chose our must plays, would like to play,or don't play. I give Merrilyn the credit for keeping my reception flowing so beautifully throughout the night, numerous guest told me the night was well organized and they loved her music. I'm so happy we chose Artistic Productions as our DJ!

Mackenzie · Married on 12/31/2012

Merrylin and Artistic Productions were an absolutely amazing addition to our ceremony and reception. Between the music selection and the ease at which Merrylin helped our reception along, we will forever be grateful. She did what you hope for when your big day approaches, made it easier on me and reduced so much stress. Out of all the worries you have on your wedding day, the DJ was one thing I never had to worry about. Merrylin had all that we could hope for and more in a DJ and we still talk about how lucky we were to have her. We would recommend her to friends, family, and really anyone looking for a DJ in San Diego because you can't get anyone better.

kristy · Married on 10/27/2012

Wow!!

I couldn't have chose a better DJ for my wedding at Grand Tradition Estates. After reviewing the DJ's from the preferred vendor list from my venue, I felt defeated. No of them looked very promising from there websites and sample music.

I went on a whim and chose Artistic Productions out of a wedding magazine I picked up in San Diego. I called and spoke with Merrilyn. Merrilyn and Bob are a married couple that both DJ for their company. I spoke with Merrilyn on the phone for the first time and 45 minutes later we were still talking about my husband's and my love story, history, style of music etc. She was booked for another event, but Bob was available.

I met with Bob at a cake vendor that I was visiting. We sat and went through my vision for the day. He explained that their website will allow Nic and I to go through songs and add to lists of "likes" "loves" and "don't play" lists. It made it so easy to give Bob a sense of our musical style. Nic and I always thought the DJ makes or breaks and wedding. But OH MAN, Nic and I have never had so much fun dancing at any event. We had people on the dance floor we never thought we would see in our life time.

Bob did an amazing job keeping the party flowing and people on the dance floor. He was an amazing MC and wouldn't of had the same wedding without him as our DJ. Highly recommend Merrilyn and Bob with Artistic Productions for any event you need a DJ.

Allie · Married on 10/13/2012

I cannot recommend Bob and Artistic Productions enough. Bob was the DJ for our wedding on October 13th and I am so happy with how things went. Long before the big day, we met with several different DJs. Though our meeting with Bob was perhaps the most laid back, it also felt the most professional of them all. He had the most experience and his online resource for selecting the playlist was great. And more importantly, he also was experienced with being an emcee and scheduling the events. This was invaluable for me, as I didn't have a wedding planner and was doing things myself. So we made the decision to hire Bob and it was perhaps the best one we made in picking out our vendors.

Bob was always easy to get a hold of and answered any questions I had quickly and clearly. There were one or two instances where I sent off a panicked email over a random question, which he quickly responded to and answered. He was much more than a DJ as he helped to keep my stress level low! We ended up moving out of town during the process, but we were still able to have meetings with Skype. And when I had some week of drama that happened, he was able to help me come up with an easy solution.

As for the actual reception, it was perfect. The dance floor was never empty, which was something I had worried about happening. He read the crowd perfectly to know when to change the tempo and keep everyone happy. He was on top of all the events and made announcements as needed. One of our groomsmen, who has been to a ton of weddings and is a bit of a music geek, said he was the best DJ ever. Very high praise from him! Bob was also flexible with the time, letting us add on an extra hour at the end cause the guests was having so much fun! Everyone was disappointed when we eventually had to stop the music.

Overall, Bob was a lifesaver for me. He was professional, knowledgeable and fun. My husband and I both agree he was the best money we spent for the reception.

• Casey

Casey · Married on 09/29/2012

Merrylin was AWESOME!! She created a timeline for me and totally kept the flow of the night. I even had a list of special/strange requests and she nailed every single one of them. All my guests were coming up to me telling me how awesome my DJ was. She rocked the party for sure. I had the best time ever. I loved her and would totally recommend her.

Dagna · Married on 06/30/2012

I know this review is a little long, but trust me, these two are worth it!

Kyle and I got married at the beautiful Prado in Balboa Park, San Diego on June 30th, 2012. I was extremely worried about finding good vendors since we live in Las Vegas and we would only be able to go up to California twice before the wedding. Bob and Mer were the first and last DJs we spoke with and they blew us away.
    We met them at Coffee Bean and talked for close to an hour. First off, they are married- I love this because a) they like each other and b) they know how important music is to a couple on their wedding day. Second, they have KILLER musical taste! Kyle and I love Rockabilly and off the wall music and they actually knew who the bands we mentioned were (we didn't expect that!)
    We decided on the spot that we were going to hire them. Bob was going to be our DJ and he was visibly excited about our music choices!
    We met again when we went to San Diego in March and threw around more ideas. Throughout the next few months he quickly answered emails and talked with me on Facebook at 3 in the morning when I couldn't sleep, discussing and suggesting things we might like. Bob was 100% there and it took a TREMENDOUS amount of stress out of the whole process. (His humor and great personality didn't hurt either!)
    The day of the wedding came and the music was absolutely amazing. It was a perfect reflection of us.
    Sadly Bob had a health emergency, but Mer took over so seamlessly that none of the guests noticed. She rocked it!!!
    I had requested some pretty obscure songs and it still baffles me how Mer and Bob found them!
    People are still telling us it was the best music they EVER heard at a wedding- even the staff had made comments.

Needless to say, we would hire them again in a heartbeat and so should you!!!

Thank you Bob and Mer for the perfect wedding :)
    -Dagna Bishop

Sharon · Married on 06/10/2012

Merrylin was thrown a few " curve balls" for my daughter's wedding.
    Some of the music they wanted was not easy to find. It was from artists that are not known or played in the United States. Merrylin never gave up the search, using search engine after search engine, ( she did say that they actually "stumped the DJ" ). She ended up finding most of the music and we were all very happy.
    Also the bride and groom were not dancers but Merrylin had them on the floor dancing for most of the time!
    I can't say enough for Merrylin ( co -owner of Artistic Productions),
    she is so very kind, caring and professional, this wedding was held in an area non of us were familiar with and any questions I had even not music related she answered for me. If she did not know right off hand, she found the answer and got back to me within hours!!
    We all were totally impressed and recommed her 1000 % !!
    Thanks Merrylin you are awesome !!
    Sharon Zoo 6-10-12

Elizabeth · Married on 02/18/2012

Merrylin was amazing. She was incredibly helpful and made the entire process easy. Her music choices were excellent - everyone had so much fun

Vanessa · Married on 10/01/2011

Bob and Merrylin are a fantastic team to work with. Our event was well planned, flowed smoothly, and looked gorgeous, all thanks to the work Merrylin did as our coordinator. I was able to contact her at all times during the planning process for advice and feedback.
    Bob ROCKED the event with his DJ skills-our party did not stop until it was time to go to sleep. He is easy to work with and he did a GREAT job as the Emcee for the night! HIGHLY recommend....

• jhashimoto

Joyclin · Married on 03/19/2011

Bob was a great DJ. He used a lot of the songs that we requested and gave to him. He kept everything flowing and made sure everyone kept dancing.
    He was very easy to work with.
    We would highly recommend using his services!!

Aubree · Married on 01/23/2010

What can I say.....Merrylin was amazing at my wedding. She was professional, and everything ran soooooooooooo smooth. She kept the dance floor full the whole night. Can't wait until we get to party with her again!!!!!!!!

Megan · Married on 10/03/2009

Merrylin saved the day when our DJ cancelled at the last minute. She worked with us on the tight schedule and everything turned out perfectly! I had such a great time grooving with my husband and friends. Thank you so much!!

Didier · Married on 07/24/2009

Artistic productions made what looked like another complicated and stress-inducing wedding service a pure delight to plan. All other DJ's we looked at were over the top and way too interested in selling us a party we didn't want for our intimate gathering - AND at a price that didn't make sense.
    With Merrylin Brichmann, we immediately knew she would taylor the event to our personal music tastes (80's european pop, french caribbean, contemporary and classical) and create the perfect atmosphere for dancing (using creative yet subtle lighting in our ballroom). Our family and friends thought she was not only professional but she orchestrated the evening beyond expectations.
    Thank You, Merrylin for having "all the right tunes" during that memorable Summer evening.

Best Wishes, Sonia and Didier

Brenda · Married on 11/08/2008

Merrylin did an excellent job emceeing at our wedding! She helped with the timeline, she played the music we wanted, and she offered some good advice about how to make our reception different and flow well.

Merrylin met with us when we were choosing our dj, and I liked her from the beginning. My now husband Paul wasn't sure about having a woman as the dj, but I talked him into it. He was very glad we chose her! Everything went extremely well, and Merrylin did everything we wanted, including not playing the naughty music until our priest left the reception. Everyone danced the whole night - until midnight! We received many compliments on how great the music was and how much fun everyone had at our wedding!

I highly recommend Merrylin and Artistic Productions.

Emily · Married on 11/04/2006

For our wedding we knew we wanted our guests to dance and have a great time! Both Bob and Merrilyn were extremely helpful to us when we were planning our wedding (they worked great with all of our other vendors). Bob ended up being our DJ for the night and he did an amazing job. Bob was very professional and responsive to our guests music tastes, he made sure the party kept going and that EVERYONE was dancing and having an amazing time! Overall we would strongly recommend Artistic Productions to our friends (and anyone wanting their reception to be memorable for the right reasons... great music, lots of dancing!!!).