Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering Reviews

67 Reviews for Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering

Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering 1
Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering 2

Chantell · Married on 03/22/2013

My husband and I were married on March 22nd, 2013 at The Farm at South Mountain and we loved working with Lindley and Nikki with Santa Barbara Catering. They allowed us to adjust items on the menu to suit our tastes as well working with our budget. The night flew by so fast that we weren't able to enjoy the food ourselves, but all of our friends and family have raved over how good everything tasted. Can't wait to attend an event that they're catering in the future!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Nicolette · Married on 11/05/2011

I can only echo all of the positive sentiments previously mentioned.

I too was at The Farm at South Mountain and had no choice of caterer, but with food this fabulous it made no difference. The food was the most commented upon aspect of the wedding by our guests, all of whom agreed it was easily the best wedding food they've ever had and was delicious wedding or not. And these are not easily pleased eaters! In fact, the food was even better than at the tasting! What more could I ask for?

We were undecided on a second entree choice after our initial tasting and SBC let us select 2-3 things to try at no additional cost at another tasting. They made the process painless. We even decided to go with their dessert bar options based on the tasting and forgo the cake - why have just one dessert when you can have 4?!

We had excellent service with fixed plates for myself and the groom (we got to eat first), were attended to all night by the staff in a ninja-like fashion.

You can't go wrong it seems with Santa Barbara Catering.

Sent on 11/17/2011

Angela · Married on 05/14/2011

Santa Barbara was great to work with! They took all of our ideas into consideration and came up with a great menu. We did various courses family style and they were able to accomodate. The food turned out amazing! They actually helped coordinate the wedding too. Everytime we made any type of change we received an updated proposal to review. They made it so easy to plan our day! So happy with our decision to go with Santa Barbara.

Sent on 05/23/2011

Courtney · Married on 04/10/2010

The food was delicious and the presentation was so nice! Everyone loved the food! The waitstaff was very professional and as soon as a guest at the wedding had an empty plate or glass, there was someone taking it out of their way.

As bride and groom we really got the royal treatment. We had our own personal waitstaff and were catered to all night. Our waitress made sure we had drinks at all times and made sure we were being taken care of.

Before the cake was cut and served I asked somone to cut me off a slice of cake from the back for a little girl who couldn't wait to have some cake. Not 5 minutes later did this little girl get her piece of cake. I thought that was awesome that the waitstaff was right on top of every request.

Lauren G. was so great to work with. She went back and forth with me Many times making sure all food options were Exactly what I wanted. I had attended a wedding a week after mine, and let me just say that the caterer DID NOT compare to Santa Barbara. Everything was perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything more. My husband and I were so impressed with SBCC!!!!

Sent on 04/19/2010

Eunice · Married on 04/14/2012

Santa Barbara Catering was very flexible in making our brunch menu for our wedding. They worked with us to make sure all our dietary restrictions were met for some of our guests. Lauren was really wonderful, professional and attentive. All of the staff were very kind and friendly.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Laura · Married on 01/07/2011

I am thankful to Santa Barbara for their contribution to one of my most memorable days of my life. I was very comfortable letting them handle everything dealing with the food so I didn’t have to. Everything was so hassle-free and I was able to enjoy time with my guests. Not to mention the food was outstanding!

Sent on 01/21/2011

Kristin · Married on 10/29/2005

THE CHOICE IS CATERER IS ONLY SECOND TO THE CHOICE OF GROOM
    Place the culinary happiness of your guests in the hands of a caterer that is responsive, compassionate, and capable. We were thrilled with the event coordination and the delicious food from Santa Barbara Catering. This is an area of wedding planning where it is easy to go very, very wrong. Don’t under-estimate the importance of being able to communicate with your caterer. The food, drink, and service are major factors in having a carefree day. Our guests still talk about our shrimp over jasmine rive served in martini glasses; the fresh butternut ravioli that were served in the kitchen; the hand passed lamb chops; and most of all - the sundried tomato grilled cheese sandwiches we handed to everyone on their way out the door!

Sent on 08/19/2008
  • Andrea

Andrea Lewis · Married on 11/10/2018

Delicious, creative, and wonderful service

My wedding was at The Farm at South Mountain so I automatically had to go with Santa Barbara Catering and we also weren't able to have a tasting which I was nervous and disappointed about, but in the end I was so happy! We had stations with various comfort food (mac and cheese, sliders, pizza, etc.) The food was amazing and I got so many compliments from my guests! Also, the servers were FANTASTIC! Very kind and accommodating.

Sent on 12/22/2018
    Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering 3
    Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering 4

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

Santa Barbara was really the obvious choice of caterer for our 125p wedding at the Desert Botanical Gardens. They have very good quality food, fresh ingredients and we like that they source locally. Melissan was easy to work with and we had most our details hammered out after a short meeting one morning. They were flexible when we decided to change and add apps afterwards and helped us get the right table cloths after we told them the wrong ones a few days before the event.

At the wedding, the food was very good and we got nothing but compliments from our guests. One issue we had was that there was a delay (Turns out they had four separate events that night at our location) that pushed our entire timeline back about 20 or 30 minutes. Luckily we had a planner who took care of everything and we (and guests) hardly noticed, but we did have to pay the dj to extend playing by 30 minutes at the end since dinner took that much longer.

All in all we thought Santa Barbara was very good, but it would have been frustrating to work out the delay if we didn't have our planner do it for us.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Ashley · Married on 03/03/2012

3.5

I ENJOYED HAVING SANTA BARBARA CATER OUR WEDDING. THE FOOD WAS GREAT AND WORKING WITH THEM BEFOREHAND ON THE MENU PLANNING AND FOOD TASTING WAS EASY. THE ONLY DOWNFALL TO THE COMPANY IS THE COST. I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH THEY CHARGE FOR VERY SIMPLE THINGS. I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SAY THAT THE FOOD IS WORTH THE COST, BUT WHEN THE COST IS SO MUCH, IT'S HARD TO EVEN NOTICE THE TASTE OF THE FOOD. OVERALL, I WOULD RECOMMEND SBC BUT I WOULD MAKE SURE THAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE.

Sent on 04/17/2012

Shannon · Married on 04/05/2014

As The Farm at South Mountain and Santa Barbara Catering are a package deal, once we'd chosen our reception venue, our catering was chosen, too! Fine by us - we were thrilled to have such fresh, local food options for our wedding meal! They were flexible enough to allow us multiple tasting (I'm a vegetarian, so we wanted to try out more options for me), and customize a menu that was perfect for us and our guests. They were happy to have options for all of our guests needs - they even went above a beyond to have gluten-free appetizers made specially for the father of the bride!

We did have to ask our wedding coordinator to step in to help us resolve some pricing issues initially, and we did not end up with the catering team we requested, but in the end, the food was great, as was the service.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Paula · Married on 07/10/2010

The food was delicious -- we had many positive comments from guests. The service was great. I was especially impressed with the head table servers who were always there, but not in an obvious, intrusive way... and always ready to do something to help. Melissan was wonderful to work with. She listened to what we wanted and provided practical suggestions. It helped me a lot to have strong confidence in her and Santa Barbara Catering -- it was one thing I didn't have to worry about. You helped make our wedding fabulous... thank you!

Sent on 08/27/2010
  • W

William · Married on 03/08/2009

3.5

Wonderful food! Everybody at our wedding loved the meal! My family owns restaurants, so having good food is important. We would definitely use them for parties, birthdays, etc. as well. You won't regret using them.

Sent on 10/28/2009

Shaina · Married on 10/17/2010

3.0

Santa Barbara was wonderful! We worked with Melissan, who was fantastic. She was responsive, professional, and knowledgable about their menu and services. Melissan did a fabulous job of helping us customize an entire menu that fit with the theme and vision of our wedding. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. A bit pricey, but well worth it!

Sent on 10/27/2010

jason · Married on 07/10/2010

4.2

On June 4th we had a wedding reception at the Tempe Center for the Arts and the Santa Barbara Catering staff was very helpful and easy to work with. Every staff member we encountered was pleasant: the food servers, bar tenders and especially our planner from Santa Barbara, Lauren. She is an asset to the company. The way she handles a combatant D.J. was very professional, even though it may not have been her responsibility. We are so thankful for the delicious food and great staff!

Sent on 08/27/2010

Thomas · Married on 11/15/2013

3.0

Santa Barbara catering was great to work with in planning our wedding. We chose to do a food station service for our wedding and we really liked the selections available. The tasting went very well and we were very happy with choosing them for our wedding.
    At the wedding we can say that we weren't overly impressed with the food and wished we would have had the opportunity to taste/see all of our selections because there were a few surprises. We expressed that we weren't that impressed and they were shocked and did what they could to try and make up for our experience. I will say that they are great to work with and I really feel that they cared about our big day.

Sent on 01/08/2014