Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering Reviews

67 Reviews for Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering

Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering 1
Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering 2

Victoria · Married on 03/10/2012

Santa Barbara Catering provided amazing food for our wedding! Melissan, our coordinator, was always available to answer our questions and responded to our requests quickly. We had a friend with a severe allergy in attendance - Santa Barbara prepared her food in a separate kitchen and had many different things available for her to eat. All of our guests loved the food and even went back for seconds!

Sent on 03/25/2012

Rachel · Married on 09/05/2011

Santa Barbara was AMAZING. The food was incredible! Every one loved our food at our wedding! We were accomodating a chinese and jewish crowd so I thought coming up with a Kosher Asian Fusion menu would be hard. NOT AT ALL. Santa Barbara customized a vegetarian menu that was OUT OF THIS WORLD. For cocktail hour guests ate hand passed mushu bundles, spring rolls and tuna cones. They self served at a Brushcetta and Mediteranian Station. Food presentation was truly artistic. For dinner we offered a buffet style 3 course meal. At one station perfectly seared salmon teriyaki was served with vegetables and jasmine rice. At another a real Chef Wok- cooked Lo Mein noodles with stir fry over an open flame. We also had a station rocking decadent Spinach filled ravioli and portabella steaks... As the bride I wanted to make sure to get enough to eat. I didnt have to. Santa Barbara's staff continuously came to my table and brought me anything i craved or needed. They even made runs to the bar to bring me and my groom the mango margeritas we provided. (They provided the bartender , we opted to supply the alcohol.) For desert we had fresh fruit, Mango Sorbet and "smores". Guests waited in line to have their marshmellows blow torch toasted!. What a great memory. We will use them again without a doubt and recommend them everywhere! Thanks so much! Everything was AMAZING!!!!! Hands down best caterer in AZ!

Sent on 09/08/2011

Natalie · Married on 04/23/2011

Santa Barbara did an amazing job! Mellisan was so great to work with, she was always there to answer any questions and really helped us decide on the perfect menu that fit in our budget. We got so many compliments on the food and the bar service was exceptional as well. Their wait staff during the reception made sure the groom and I had anything we needed and went beyond the call of duty numerous times throughout the night.

I would definitely recommend Santa Barbara!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Pam · Married on 03/24/2011

Nicole was amazing! Her and the staff did an amazing job setting up and everyone raved about the food. It's exactly what I envisioned for my wedding day! One of the servers even stopped to ask me if I had eaten enough and made me something else to eat. Now that is amazing service!

Sent on 03/28/2011

tiffany · Married on 02/05/2011

I cannot express how appreciative we were to have such fantastic food and service staff on our wedding day! We had only amazing compliments from all of our friends, family and guests. You also went out of your way to assist us by contacting BevMo to replace an incorrect keg tap that they provided to us - that was truly outstanding service. To anyone hosting a wedding or an event that needs catering, I will highly recommend Santa Barbara! Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 02/18/2011

megan · Married on 01/14/2011

Santa Barbara did the BEST job catering our wedding. Our guests continue to rave about the delicious food and presentation. They did such an amazing job finding flowers to decorate the service tables that matched the flowers of my centerpieces. I thought that was very thoughtful. Also, our event planner, Nikki DeHerrera, was incredible. She was so helpful and so positive and made the entire experience so pleasant. She was a true joy to work with. I would recommend Santa Barbara to anyone

Sent on 01/31/2011

Kelsey · Married on 01/08/2011

Everyone loved the food we selected for dinner and appetizers! We got so many compliments and heard that many people went back for seconds! It was also really nice to have the staff serve my husband and I so we didn't have to go through the line. Nicole made sure we sat down and ate! The staff also made sure to bring us appetizers while we were taking pictures. Plenty of amazing food, professional service, and wonderful presentation made are special night that much more perfect. Thanks a million!!!

Sent on 01/24/2011

Jacqueline · Married on 01/02/2011

Santa Barbara is amazing. Their food is all fresh and delicious. We got several comments from people at our wedding about how wonderful the food was. When people go to a wedding they expect dry food that is just ok, but Santa Barbara blew everyone out of the water with their flavorful, juicy, and delicious meals. I wish I was getting married again, just so that i could eat their food again. I will definitely recommend them to anyone who needs a caterer.

Sent on 01/08/2011

Tiffany · Married on 10/23/2010

I cannot express how appreciative we were to have such fantastic food and wonderful service staff on our wedding day! We had only amazing compliments from all of our friends, family and guests. SBC also went out of their way to assist us by driving to replace an incorrect keg tap that was provided to us where we purchased our beer - that was truly outstanding service. To anyone hosting a wedding (or any event that needs catering), I will highly recommend Santa Barbara Catering!

Sent on 10/27/2010
  • Ashley and Eric

Ashley · Married on 09/11/2010

Amazing, amazing, amazing! The food was so much better than we could have dreamed. I have a food allergy and the staff was more than accomadating. Not just for me, the bride, but my husband's uncle also and they took care of him as well. I wish they could cater in my home every night of the week. Best in the valley!

Sent on 05/28/2011

Linda · Married on 08/30/2010

All of our guests comments were positive about Santa Barbara; they loved the food and the venue is spectacular.  Even with the rain, everything was taken care of.  Thanks Suzanne for coming down and rearranging for the ceremony.  The Santa Barbara staff was very professional and I was so surprised they had someone to help us with the wedding.  I didn't catch his name but he was appreciated.   We are so glad we had access to the adjacent dressing room.  All of the babies & moms & dads & groomsmen & relatives & officiants & singers used this room!  Jessica & her girls also loved their dressing room.  We used a theater space but it is perfect as a wedding venue. All of the Santa Barbara staff were all so great. Tom was there to help with anything I asked for and even packed leftovers (which we are still enjoying). I have had so many compliments on the food; the dessert bar was a hit! The girls even helped us pack the flowers when we were clearing out. Thank you Santa Barbara for making everything so easy.

Sent on 09/24/2010

Paula · Married on 06/12/2010

The food and service was wonderful. I loved working with the staff – they were all helpful and attentive to the details. All the food looked and tasted appetizing, fresh and delicious. Almost all of our wedding guests commented about how good the food was. The staff made the seating and food tables look beautiful which added to the overall appeal of the dinner. I hope to have the opportunity to use Santa Barbara Catering again in the future!

Sent on 06/17/2010

Melissa · Married on 06/01/2010

Everything was amazing and the staff went above and beyond to make it the most wonderful day. Lauren has been incredible since day one and took on a great deal of the stress so that we could truly enjoy ourselves. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/02/2010

Chad · Married on 04/17/2010

Thank you so much for making our wedding the best it could have possibly been! It meant a whole lot to us that you really cared and set such a solid foundation for the level of service while working with us. We were so totally pleased with our experience at The Farm! We never even considered having our event anywhere else or catered by any other company!

Sent on 05/14/2010

Karen · Married on 04/03/2010

Wow! What can I say about Santa Barbara Catering? They are amazing! After our first tasting, we were sure that any food we would order would be great. However, we wanted to order something we had not tasted and so scheduled a second tasting. They were completely understanding and had no problem with our second tasting. The servers will professional the evening of the wedding. Our guests could not get enough of the food. One guest skipped on cake, so he could have a fill up on more potatoes. They even packed up the leftovers so we could enjoy them after our special day. I would absolutely order from this company again!

Sent on 06/12/2010

Anne · Married on 02/03/2010

We knew that we did not have a huge group of dancers showing up so instead of making it dinner with a dancing party we had to make it a dinner party with a little dancing. Thank you so much for the wonderful experience. Everything was just perfect and everyone loved the food. I can't even count how many times I have heard that it was by far the best food anyone has had at a wedding. The family style went great and the place looked perfect when I showed up. You completely helped us achieve that goal. You were wonderful throughout the whole process. Thank you for all your help and advice

Sent on 03/03/2010
  • ALANA256

ALANA · Married on 02/21/2007

I can't say enough good things about this company. The food was absolutely excellent, as well as the service. Melissan was the easiest vendor a bride could imagine working with. She was quick to respond to my emails and offered many different options so that we could afford SBC. In then end, we couldn't imagine a better company to have worked on our wedding. Thank you, Santa Barbara!!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Provided us with great vegan/vegetarian options, always quick to respond and very professional.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Annsley · Married on 11/01/2014

I received so many wonderful comments about the food at our wedding! I was so impressed that they were able to take BBQ food (my husbands one request) and make it classy and tasty! I absolutely would reccomend santabarabra catering company for anyone's future events, the staff was pleasant and professional and the food was perfect!

Sent on 03/12/2015

Brandee · Married on 11/04/2011

Our friends and family are still RAVING about the food from Santa Barbara! For someone who cared greatly about the quality of the food for event, I was not disappointed. Melissan was fantastic to work with and she was so very prompt with responses to questions and changes. Although not the least expensive option out there, they are certainly worth the extra money! They are also very flexible with their options as we didn't want the traditional buffet or sit down dinner. They worked with us to create fun food stations that kept our guests moving around and interacting all night! Thank you Santa Barbara!

Sent on 11/14/2011

Sharla · Married on 01/11/2011

Santa Barbara managed my wedding/reception and catering at the Farm at South Mountain. They were very patient with all my questions leading up to the wedding but also provided low-key and professional assistance during the wedding and reception. Our guests seemed very happy with the meal, and I was pleased that we could use some eco-friendly options like the palm-leaf plates and cornstarch utensils. I had a worry-free wedding day thanks to their excellent management of the event details.

Sent on 01/18/2011

Tena · Married on 03/28/2010

So, I really didn’t have much of an option when I went with Santa Barbara Catering, because I was 100% set on the Farm at South Mountain as the venue, which works exclusively with them. But…I think everyone’s favorite part about the wedding was the food. It was delicious! The servers & bartender were very friendly & attentive. I really don’t know what else to say, they made the reception run so smoothly. We were also very happy with our leftovers. Everyone was talking about the food several days later! So even though we really didn’t get an option on a caterer, I probably would have gone with them no matter where my wedding was.

Sent on 04/14/2010
  • Jessica

Jessica Shetzen · Married on 11/11/2018

Delicious!

We received so many compliments on our food! I was a bit wary, as I hadn’t been able to taste the food due to my work schedule, however I trusted my now husband’s judgment. I was pleasantly surprised when everything was absolutely delicious! We wanted to do a tapas style meal, and the staff was very accommodating and easy to work with to meet our vision. The service staff was prompt, and we even had leftovers boxed up in our fridge when we got home from our staycation. I highly recommend Santa Barbara catering. They may not be your cheapest estimate, but I believe that, besides the photographer, the food is the most important aspect of a wedding. Don’t hesitate to give Santa Barbara a try!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Brenda · Married on 01/16/2016

So many amazing things to say about Santa Barbara! I suggest you should sign up to attend their occasional open house where you get to eat a meal from them -their food and display is amazing!! Nicole was such a huge help with finding just the right menu that addressed all of our food allergy needs as well as our very limited budget but still making it look very elegant! We received so many compliments on the appetizers and food in general -and this is saying a lot considering we would not do alcohol at our wedding. The alcohol free drinks were great and they kept the refreshments around until the end of the reception as I requested! You would think this would be common sense, but after attending 4 weddings this past year -every one of them took away all the water by 7p.m. leaving us to go in search in the hotels for bottled water while we attended a wedding reception! Be sure to ask whatever caterer you use to let guests keep their water glasses until the event is over and express that you want water pitchers available until the end as well --I never knew this could happen if I hadn't experienced it several times this year! All of the staff for the evening was absolutely amazing and so friendly and professional! I couldn't have asked for a better evening! And the day before the wedding -I received a gift basket from SBC with all kinds of goodies in it with a note that said to enjoy the experience of my special day. I thought that was SUCH a sweet touch with a true focus on customer service -which is sometime hard to find these days! I would most definitely use SBC again. The only con I could mention would be the meat was a little dry -but it still tasted amazing and we then asked the server to include a spoon so we could spoon up sauce with the meat to help with the dryness and that did the trick. All of their food is honestly far above any others we had tried.

Sent on 01/27/2016

Krima · Married on 05/24/2014

Working with Santa Barbara was great. Nikki was great and very good at communication. The only thing I was a bit disappointed about was when we did the taking and tasted the food we choose it was amazing. At the wedding the veggies I choose were not what was served and the stuffed chicken was not good and seemed like it was sitting for a long time or old. It was not fresh like at the tasting but the beef was to die for.

Sent on 06/14/2014