ArtImage by Sam Chinigo Reviews

44 | Preston, CT

44 Reviews for ArtImage by Sam Chinigo

Christina · Married on 08/27/2011

Calling All Future Brides!! - If ArtImage's by Sam Chinigo is available on your BIG day, BOOK HIM! I heard of Sam through a friend and I am so glad I did. After seeing his portfolio I didn't need to waste anymore time looking elsewhere. The most important thing on my wedding day was to capture each and every moment so I could look back on them for years to come. Knowing this, I wasn't going to settle with just anyone taking my pictures. Only the best! and ONLY the best is what I got with Sam. He did an unbelievable job working under all the crazy circumstances that come up during the special day. He adapts to any environment and knows how to find the best picture that portrays who you really are. He's a true professional and I will definitely use him for any and all special moments I need to capture in the near future. I can't thank you enough Sam!

Sent on 10/27/2011

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you Christina!! I can't thank YOU enough! It was truly a pleasure..

Angela · Married on 06/24/2011

Where can I begin...as a bride’s tedious journey of wedding planning began so did the search for a venue, the dress, the flowers, etc and, most importantly, the photographer. We opted not to have our wedding video recorded, so my search revolved around someone who could photograph each moment and capture it so that we may relive those moments and feel it all over again for years to come. I searched and searched, coming across a lot of work that I liked but none that I feel in love with… then I came across Sam! I reviewed his work and found that he was exactly what I had been searching for! My search for a photographer ended that day and everything seemed to fall into place from there on out. He was attentive to our wants and needs and really made me feel like my wedding was special and unique, not just another shoot to him. My absolute favorite thing about him is his mix of utmost professionalism and his ability to be laid back and have fun at the same time! I have to say I am quiet shy in front of the camera, but with Sam’s humor and good nature I quickly forgot the camera was even there and the magic of his creativity began! We let him have free range to do what he does best and the end result was breathtaking! His creativity was what I fell in love with and you can see it shine through in all of his amazing work. Sam photographed our wedding day from start to finish; capturing moments of laughter, love, and awe. I look back and still remember and enjoy every moment. Working with him was so much fun and I can honestly say it added to and enhanced our special day just to have him there! All-in-all Sam was amazing and I would recommend him to everyone and anyone looking for a phenomenal photographer. It was an honor to be photographed by him and we wish him the greatest successes one could ask for! ~Angela and Ryan

Sent on 07/26/2011

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

OMG Angela! I don't even know how to respond to such an awesome review. THANK YOU! I love that some people appreciate my mix of professionalism and fun/laid back approach. To me, my clients are my friends...so no need for stuffy formality. best always..

Meagan · Married on 06/18/2011

In choosing a photographer for our wedding, we spent countless hours looking at wedding photographer portfolios online. Sam’s portfolio easily stood out from the rest. His ability to capture a candid moment, incorporate beautiful landscapes, and relay the vibe from the day is amazing. Sam was a pleasure to have at our wedding. By the end of the day, we felt like he was our long time buddy. We were so happy with our engagement photo session and couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos. We had a big wedding party with lots of flower girls and just one photographer, Sam. We have amazing photos that are magazine quality and little moments were somehow captured in all the chaos. Our proofs were available for viewing while we were on our honeymoon. Overall, we feel very lucky to have our day photographed by such an amazingly talented photographer. We can’t recommend him enough!

Sent on 07/21/2011

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you Meagan! I feel lucky to have been a part of your special day and getting to know you guys!!

Pragna · Married on 01/22/2011

Sam has an amazing eye for something just a little bit different than most wedding photographers. His pictures really tease out the story and the emotion of a day or a moment and that was what exactly what we were looking for in addition to the standard posed wedding shots. He can do both brilliantly. We met him for the first time for an engagement session. He was funny, engaging and really brought out the best in both of us. The pictures are proof. We look great! For the wedding, we really wanted someone who understood/or had shot other Indian weddings because some photographers don't bring out the best in darker skin tones. We didn't need to worry, Sam had both shot Indian weddings before and really understood the difference in skin tones and even the cultural nuances of being involved in an Indian wedding. His depth of expertise was clear. As for affordability, we were off season, so his prices were really good for the wedding, but even in high season, he is worth every penny. He is very flexible about packages and can really work with you to build a package you can afford that meets your needs. He went consistently above and beyond what was in the contract. And as for the wedding day itself, he was wonderful. He stayed later than planned just to get some shots of my husband and I alone that we didn't have time for earlier. We recommend him highly...a true professional and true joy to work with. If you want someone who can make your pictures unique and special so that every shot doesn't look just look like everyone else's wedding, Sam is your man.

Sent on 03/19/2011

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you Pragna!! I REALLY appreciated being a part of you and Taran's wonderful day! LOVE Indian weddings...so much to photograph!

Katherine · Married on 09/18/2010

We loved working with Sam! And we have beautiful photos that will last us a lifetime! I was extremely picky when it came to higher a photographer because it's a hobby of mine- I do not regret hiring him at all! He exceeded what I was anticipating.

Sent on 11/03/2010

Neal · Married on 08/14/2010

Sam is an excellent photographer. We chose him for our wedding after reviewing his work and meeting with him. He is a true artist and knows how to get all of the "standard" wedding shots as well as many untraditional shots that will amaze you.

Sam was always professional and amiable. He know how important photographs of our 91 year old grandnmother were to us and he made her feel like a queen without being "in our face". In fact, we and most of our guests barely noticed Sam at the wedding which is truly the best compliment you give a photographer.

Sam was reaonably priced and flexible in that he was willing to modify his standard packages to meet our needs.

Sent on 08/23/2010

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

OMG Neal...you guys were SO much fun! thank you!!

CZ · Married on 07/17/2010

If you are looking for the best wedding photographer out there - you found him! Basically, the only thing that you have to worry about is if he's still available! :)

The short version: Sam is fantastic. I strongly recommend that you read the long version! :)

The long version: I recommend him with no reservations. He is personable, accommodating, artistic, non-intrusive and absolutely talented at capturing precious moments and emotions. His creative eye can transform your ceremony and/or reception venue into an amazing backdrop.

Sam was very candid (no pun intended!) with my husband and I right from our first informational meeting with him. He did not put any pressure on us to make a decision or sign a contract.

The engagement session: For our engagement session photo shoot, Sam met us at the actual location where we got engaged. Not only was the location special, but I think that he really captured "us." Some pictures were more formal, while others were casual and some were just plain fun! The pictures are awesome and made a really unique guest book on our wedding day. Also, this time together gave us all the opportunity to get to know each other a little better and become more comfortable so that on the wedding day we already kind of knew what to expect.

The Wedding Day: Sam was completely non-intruisive, yet somehow he was everywhere we needed and wanted him to be. He was very receptive to requests from us and our families (i.e. when my grandmother was on the dance floor I asked him to get a shot of that....and he captured that moment for me)

The pictures: Sam put the pictures up on his website (with a personalized ID and password) for us to see relatively quickly. We actually were looking at them for the first time when we were at the airport on the way back from our honeymoon!

The album: We are finalizing our album now and the draft looks phenomenal....can't wait to have the real thing in my hands!

The experience: My husband and I have really enjoyed working with Sam. We are very happy with the quality of service and product. It is evident that he loves what he does and he definitely has a very special talent for it.

Sent on 03/04/2011

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Hey Sunshine! You guys are #1! Thank you for being you!! I feel so very blessed that you and your wonderful families have come into my life. I feel like I'm part of the family and I know we will be friends for many, many years. I wish the best for you guys always..

Todd · Married on 07/17/2010

Out of our BIG wedding vendors (DJ, Videographer, Photographer, Flowers and the management at the reception venue) Sam was by far the most accomodating and my favorite to work with. His pictures and work literally make it seem as though the moments captured were a fairytale of sorts. The pictures always looked better than anything I remembered from the wedding and our engagement session. His artistic ability is unlike any I've ever seen. He is a vendor that truly loves what he does and is willing to work with clients to come up with a package that works for that specific couples needs. He's fun to be around and I just know that I can trust him 100% with anything I ask of him. I would recommend Sam to anyone, which I already have. Sam is also photographing both of my brother's weddings this year and it's because of our experience with him from our wedding. I can't say enough good things about Sam as a person or his work. Top notch. I dare anyone out there to find a better photographer that falls into the price range that Sam is charging for his services. THEY DON'T EXIST!!!!

Sent on 03/04/2011

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Todd da Bod! What can I say? You guys are awesome! I appreciate the gazillion referrals...but really what I appreciate is....gaining friends like you guys! It's the best part of what I do and I am so thankful..

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2009

I knew when I got married, my pictures were going to be one of the most important pieces of the whole experience. I came across Sam Chinigo's studio while visiting a possible reception venue, and fell in love with his work. He has a brilliant technique and amazing eye. I loved how his images were not just standard poses. While he will certainly do those (he will shoot whatever you want), his photos are so much more. All emotions are captured throughout the day, hope, love, excitement, laughter, tears...his photos actually bring you back to what you were seeing and more importantly, how you felt on the best day of your life!

He has a great attitude and makes you feel instantly comfortable. He can make anyone smile and feel at ease. He is stealthy at staying unnoticed and out of the way, yet he is able to capture every important moment. I always recommend Sam to anyone I come across looking for a photographer. His images of your special day will be the best decision you can make, at least until you say, I do!

One of the most impressive things Sam did was after our big day. I was concerned we didn't do enough shots of just me in my gown, so he offered to do an additional bridal shoot. So there we were, a couple weeks AFTER the wedding, taking more pictures. He wanted to make sure I was supremely satisfied with my whole wedding experience, it really means a lot to him to please his brides.

P.S. I booked Sam before I booked any other part of the wedding, even the date itself!

Sent on 04/01/2011

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah!!! And thank you for the sock monkey for my little girl!!

Gina · Married on 07/25/2009

I would definitely recommend Sam to anyone. He does such beautiful work and is also very easy to work with. I am very happy we chose to him as our photographer.

Sent on 04/05/2011

Tiffany · Married on 04/05/2012

Sam could not have been better. Loved working with him. Would and have recommended him. He worked with us on his packages, was very flexible, and always politely answers questions a bride might have.

Sent on 06/19/2012

Paula · Married on 04/10/2010

If breath-taking photography and reliable service is what you are after then Sam is your photographer. He is a genuine artist in every sense of the word, but he is also friendly, personable and comes through with everything he promises to. He also is very accessible, responding to emails with an hour or less on some occasions!

Sent on 03/26/2011

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you Paula!! You rock!

If you're looking for the BEST photographer in CT, look no farther than Sam. We got married in November, 2015 and he is absolutely AMAZING. We decided not to have a videographer and use our funds for the photographer instead so were so hopeful the images would be fantastic and they were. Sam was so flexible right from the start, so easy to work with, laid back and professional, and such a sense of humor. We knew we loved his work from this website but didn't realize how extraordinary his talent really is until we saw the pictures from our wedding. We are big fans and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sam 100% to any bride. Do yourself a favor, book Sam!

Sent on 12/28/2015

jessica · Married on 06/26/2014

I was lucky enough to have Sam as my wedding phorographer! Sam is an amazing photographer and a wonderful person to work with. His ideas were original, very creative, and perfectly portrayed our special day. He worked with me every step of the way, heard what I had to say, and listened to what I wanted. He was very reasonably priced, and worth SO MUCH MORE. I'd recommend him to anyone. Thanks Sam for capturing my wedding day in the most amazing way!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Thanks Jessica! I'll have to raise my prices now. LOL

Sam picked our photographer Steve. He was brilliant. He made us feel incredibly comfortable and our pictures came out beautifully. We were arranging our wedding long distance in Las Vegas for a West Hartford, CT event. Sam was sometimes difficult to contact. But always came through in the end. We chose to go with an hourly rate and not a package because it was more cost effective and efficient for us. I would highly recommend Sam's photographer Steve for you wedding. We were extremely pleased with the result.

Sent on 11/16/2013

Alexis · Married on 07/09/2010

Sam is very fun yet professional. He is very easygoing and will do whatever you want but still put his artistic, creative spin on it. Difficult to describe, but basically exactly what I was looking for. (Probably also difficult to come by as far as photographers go!!) I was also impressed with how quickly he always got back to me by e-mail whenever I had questions. Of course, wedding photography is always expensive, but I think he's worth it - exactly the style I was looking for so I couldn't say no! Haha. Moreover, there are plenty more photographers who set a higher price.... I would recommend him to all.

Sent on 04/25/2011

Rebecca · Married on 03/06/2010

My husband and I hired Sam for our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. We really enjoyed working with him. He was professional, fun and very flexible. The quality of his work is amazing, and ultimately what drew us to him (the fact that he was a nice guy didn't hurt either). I am a graphic designer and am very picky when it comes to aesthetics. He did not disappoint! He has an eye for finding certain angles in moments that most people don't see. He treats his photos as works of art and really takes the entire image into consideration. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for high-quality photography!

Sent on 04/11/2011

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you Becsta!! Works of art...Works of Heart!

Erin · Married on 02/21/2015

Sam was a great photographer who always responded to my emails and worked with me to provide a photo package that fit my budget. The photos came out beautifully - I couldn't be happier.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Thank you Erin!

Emily · Married on 04/09/2016

3.0

Sam did beautiful engagement photos but the wedding photos, while beautiful, did not reflect his unique artistry shown on his website. He also almost canceled our engagement shoot the day of due to another shoot he had scheduled. He sometimes took awhile to respond to emails. He also told us at one point he would have our digital prints to us soon and two months later I had to follow up again.

Sent on 04/04/2017

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

I really hate to respond to this, but I have to defend myself a little bit here. As we all know, there are 3 sides to every story.
    First, I never “almost canceled the engagement session the day of”. My lovely bride forgets that the night before the session, she still hadn't told me where we were shooting. I figured at a location in CT that I use often. When asked, she told me at her new house in RI, which 1.5hrs away from my other session. I said it may be a problem because of the location/timing and asked if rescheduling would be an option. She insisted we do it that day. I said, no problem, made the drive, did the session that evening. I literally went the extra mile.
    As for the wedding photos, they came out great and I was told “they are just beautiful! We are all very happy with them!” Months later, they expressed disappointment that they lacked the artistry that I show on my website and felt they were mislead.
    I explained that I can only work with what I have.  The less than ideal venue, quick/cramped ceremony, freezing, raw gray weather, lack of daylight, timing, etc. was all prohibitive from producing the type of images that I'm known for.  I've shot hundreds of weddings and can be a magician..but unfortunately..sometimes there are too many things working against us.  That said, I know that I still produced excellent results.  Lighting, emotions. Etc.
    I even gave freebies, upgrades, etc., but I guess they were expected rather than appreciated.
    Lastly, as you can see by my other reviews..I'm easy going and LOVE my clients. It's THE BEST part of my job and they really do become my friends. Unfortunately in business, sometimes you can't make everyone happy. I checked back and I always responded in a timely manner. There is so much more to this story, but in the end, I truly do wish them the best. And I know they have great wedding photos that were indicative of the day.