Arthur Calabro Entertainment and Digital DJ Service Reviews

117 | Sagamore Beach, MA

117 Reviews for Arthur Calabro Entertainment and Digital DJ Service

julie · Married on 02/14/2009

Arthur has got to be the best DJ I have ever seen. He is professional and knows his craft to the tee. He made me feel comfortable and worked with me on my requests and had the best ideas. Once I got back from my honeymoon I had 91 emails (yes folks 91) telling me how great of a time my wedding was and how fabulous the DJ was. My wedding was a complete success and I owe it to Arthur.

Sent on 02/23/2009

Tricia · Married on 11/22/2008

We thought that Arthur was wonderful. Everyone at our wedding had so much good to say about him. He kept all our guest happy and got family that we didn't think would dance, well he sure did get them up and dancing. He is also a great entertainer. I will tell anyone that is having a wedding or any other kind of party about Arthur.

Sent on 01/06/2009

Jenn · Married on 11/15/2008

Arthur DJ'd my best friend's wedding and we fell in love with him immediately and HAD to have him! Arthur is extremely responsive and provides useful feedback when asked. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. His personality is wonderful and his stage presence when he sings Barry Manilow is great. He was a blast and I would use him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/19/2009

Sam · Married on 09/27/2008

Arthur was great. He really enjoys his job and it shows. Multiple people who attended our wedding have hired him for their weddings.

Sent on 09/16/2010

erica · Married on 06/28/2008

We were pleased with our ceremony and reception music provided by Arthur. He was very helpful and informative from start to finish and made our day very special. We have and would continue to recommend him to anyone looking for a dj for any event.

Sent on 04/06/2009

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2008

Arthur Calabro did an amazing job at our re-committment ceremony. We basically had a wedding in our back yard with a tent and Arthur was a complete professonal entertainer. He had all my guests singing and dancing and eating out of his hand! I would absolutely use him again or recommend his services to anyone in need of an Entertainer/DJ. He is courteous, professional and very funny! I give him 5 stars all the way around!!!

Sent on 05/05/2009

Anne · Married on 04/26/2008

Arthur is professional, enthusiastic, and talented. I had a day wedding and Arthur had my guests up and dancing before the food came in. He knows what he is doing and will lend his experience to any bride in order to make her day great. My husband and I love Arthur and highly recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 03/01/2009

Tamara · Married on 09/22/2007

My husband and I can't thank Arthur enough for helping to make our wedding a truly special, memorable occassion. Our families won't stop talking about what a great time they had and about how much they loved our DJ (my aunt loved him so much she hired him for her birthday party). We had an afternoon wedding (which we were told to expect not many people to dance) and the dance floor was packed from beginning to end.
    Not only was he an excellent DJ but he helped to make sure the whole day ran smoothly. He has tons of experience and knowledge about the wedding process and can help you if you need it. We didn't have to worry about anything, we just had a good time and Arthur found us when it was time for something else. If his price were based on charm and professionalism, he would be priceless.

Sent on 06/28/2010

Lindsay · Married on 09/10/2005

Arthur is a fantastic DJ who is very willing to cater to your individual preferences! My husband & I received many compliments about Arthur from our guests.

Sent on 01/05/2009

Arthur was an excellent DJ and everyone loved him. We chose Arthur because he was more of an emcee than a DJ, and my wife constantly needed assurance that we were doing the right thing in the right order. Arthur basically showed up that night and orchestrated everything. He clearly loves his job, just let him do it and you will be fine. If you are very picky and a micromanager, you and Arthur might not get along. I would highly recommend Arthur for a stress free night. He is highly professional, and knows how to move a crowd.

Sent on 11/21/2015

M · Married on 06/02/2012

Arthur was great to work with and very entertaining. His music selections fit very well with our personal style and our guests had a wonderful time on the dance floor!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Bria · Married on 11/10/2007

Arthur was great and he made our wedding! Part of his services is that he sings during dinner (Frank Sinatra type music). He was GREAT and the guests loved him. It really broke up dinner. Instead of the guest having to sit there for an hour and a half, they were able to get up and dance.

Not only that, Arthur is a complete professional. You are not getting a DJ who is mindless and does what you say. You are getting someone who has been in the industry for years and knows what he is doing. He helped me choose what would be appropriate for a wedding and gave honest advice at all times. I can not tell you enough how he made our wedding.

My suggestion is to let him do his thing. I told him to play the crowd so people would dance. He did just that! The dance floor was PACKED ALL NIGHT! Even in our video you can see that everyone was up and dancing through the last song of the night.

Sent on 08/04/2008

Cait · Married on 04/16/2016

3.5

Arthur was a wonderful DJ for us! Our guests were dancing from the first song til the very end of the night. He advised our song choices, and in the end I'm so glad I listened to him. He has great insight on when to play what songs, and you can tell he has a lot of experience on what will get people moving. We also took advantage of the amber uplighting which added a lovely glow to the room.

Sent on 06/13/2016

A. Catherine · Married on 10/07/2007

3.0

Arthur Calabro was a great surprise to our guests. He was out with the crowd singing and dancing and entertaining everyone in a respectful, classy and fun manner. We've been to several weddings where they just have a DJ/MC that plays music and not much else. This is not Mr. Calabro. He is enthusiastic and has unique ideas.
    He conducted the whole reception so smoothly and made us feel comfortable that he would take care of everything and we could just have a good time and relax.
    I would definately recommend him as an MC for anyone's wedding reception or special event.

Sent on 03/05/2009

Kate · Married on 12/28/2012

4.2
      3.0

Arthur provided us with great up lighting, which really completed the atmosphere of the room! He got the crowd moving. Our guests had many compliments towards Arthur. The only downfall to this service was the communication hiccups. I was led to believe we were guinea pigs for his PayPal system; we did not receive payment link prior to wedding and when we got back from our honeymoon we had incurred late fees because payment had not been received. The manners of these emails were unprofessional and tasteless. Minus this pitfall, Arthur puts on a nice performance.

Sent on 01/14/2013

Arthur Calabro Entertainment and Digital DJ Service's reply:

My contract clearly states the balance is due before I set up my equipment at the venue. My contract was with the Groom. The lack of communication was between the Bride and Groom. The groom always had the ability to pay me at any time. He even asked me a few days before how I wanted to be paid and I told him. That's all he had to do was go to the online planning tools I gave him and pay me with his phone. Even at the venue he could have paid. But he did not. I even sent him another invoice when I got home that night because they weren't going on their honeymoon until two days later. The next day the Bride sends me an email with two words: YOU ROCK! I replied thank you and told her that I sent him another invoice. Instead of paying me they went on their honeymoon two days later. A complete lack of respect from this Bride. Lakeview Pavillion even told me it was one of the best of the year for them. Out of the goodness of my heart I started the program anyway, without being paid first according to my contract. I've never had this problem in my career and will probably change the way I do business because of them.

Stephanie · Married on 07/03/2010

3.4
      2.0

I was very disappointed with Arthur not having our first dance song at all. Luckily I had it on my Iphone but then he couldn't figure out how to play the song without help from my MOH. He sang during the cocktail hour, not something I would have approved if known in advance. And he argued with me over having a blessing or not when we made it clear it was a non-denominational wedding. At least he played the music I set forth in a list prior to the wedding and his pricing was fine although not sure about the quality.

Sent on 07/27/2010

Arthur Calabro Entertainment and Digital DJ Service's reply:

Please let me say that I am sorry you feel that way! I’m surprised to say the least. Several people, family members and even your Mother came up to me afterwards and complimented me on a job well done and asked me for my business cards!

Let me explain the situation please: This venue on Cape Cod is on the water and beach. It was in the 90’s and the humidity incredibly high. The ceremony was on the beach, which I provided the music for. As a matter of fact the Bride emailed me a month before and said “I don’t have the time to pick the music for the ceremony, you pick it”! I did and for the recessional I played Bob Marley’s “Is This Love” it was a big hit with the crowd!

Following the ceremony, the Bridal party went off for pictures and I had the guests downstairs for cocktail hour. I was already set up there also. I did sing four or five songs, the bride knew I sang, we even discussed being musicians and that she played the violin professionally. The people for cocktail hour loved it. Some sang along for the choruses. My choices for the songs that I have the background tracks custom made for me by a trio of musicians on real instruments, not karaoke or midi tracks were: The Summer Wind, Old Cape Cod, What A Wonderful World, and Mack The Knife were songs I sang in an up-tempo jazz style. The Bride even said to me after the cocktail hour but before the introductions, that I did a great job and she was impressed!

Once the cocktail hour was over, the guests are moved up stairs to a dining room where they eat dinner. They have no music in this room. I simply introduce the Bridal Party and the Maid of Honor and Best Man to do their toasts. There was no blessing! It was not me she was arguing with about doing a Blessing! I have no idea where that came from! About an hour and a half later they all come back down stairs.

During dinner, I put my outside equipment from the ceremony away and started scheduling the music for the dancing portion. The first thing they do is the first dance upon arrival. I discovered (while they were having dinner) that my folder with their first song was corrupted on my two laptops and two external hard drives. It could have been from the heat and humidity. Since I had such a great rapport with my Bride (and me being so honest) I asked her if she had the song. She said she did on her I phone and she gave it to me and I went downstairs and connected it up to my equipment. This is the first time in my 25 year career that I didn’t have someone’s first song. What I should have done was simply down load it from the web, buying it from Amazon or ITunes!

Let me be perfectly clear: There was no interruption of service or music or a delay of any kind. No one knew there was a problem. There wasn’t. And yes, I don’t own an Iphone and never used an Iphone or even an I Pod, I asked for some help, but this was before everyone came downstairs.

Once they come downstairs I have them for less than two hours and that’s when we do the first dance, then a little later the cake cutting and Parent dances.

The Bride and some of her Bridesmaids were intoxicated before the ceremony even started. The drunkenness got so bad that the innkeeper shut the bar down an hour before he was supposed to.

This girl will never know what I did for her! By the way, the song list she gave me? Every song I played from it…..the dance floor cleared!

Sad! Very sad indeed!

Richard · Married on 08/05/2018

0.4
      0.5

So this guy screamed at me because I didn't choose my songs yet, and bailed on me 3 weeks before my wedding. Yes we were behind on a few things like the music, but I never said he MUST take the job. This guy was so patronizing, he spoke to me like I was a child.. "FILL OUT THE FORMS RICHIE, ITS NOT HARD RICHIE, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY NOW RICHIE, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'RE DOING RICHIE? I was in shock and said nothing, never insulted this guy, or even hung up on him. He emailed my father trying to embarrass me saying I insulted him, and fired him which did not happen. After emailing my father, he also never returned his 100$ deposit. This guy is a serious alcoholic or something.

Sent on 07/09/2018