Art Occasions Reviews

Art Occasions 2
Art Occasions 3
  • Y

Yupa · Married on 11/27/2017

Rachanee is ahighly experienced makeup artist,friendly and fun to work with. She makes everyone (7 ladies) looked their best at our company event. Thank you very much!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Elena · Married on 10/28/2017

Rachanee was amazing! She listened to what I wanted, was very friendly, and helped my special day go very smoothly. All my girls and I looked beautiful! I'm very grateful I chose this company!

Sent on 11/22/2017
    Art Occasions 4
    Art Occasions 5
    Art Occasions 6

Kate · Married on 10/21/2017

Rachanee was a dream to work with and I highly recommend her. She made everyone look and feel beautiful! She was also able to work with a variety of hair lengths and textures. After my hair trial I had a fellow bride stop and take pictures of my hair so she could show her own stylist! Rachanee was always prompt responding to my emails and also extremely professional. If you are a bride in the St. Louis / Illinois area look no further for your hair and makeup needs!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/30/2016

Rachanee was great to work with and she listened to everything that I wanted for my makeup. I went with a less traditional look and she was able to get exactly what I wanted for my big day. For my trial, I was a little hesitant because I didn't like the color or how the eye makeup looked but I was pleasantly surprised on my wedding day. She took all of my suggestions and gave me exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately when I cried (tears happen!) I had what looked like white streaks down my face but it was a quick fix with a friends makeup compact. I had the airbrush makeup and it looked beautiful until I cried but after I was fixed up it looked great again! Eye makeup stayed put the entire time until that night, even after a hot tub visit! My hair also looked great and I couldn't have asked for a greater hair style and it surprisingly stayed put all day as well. Rachanee was also very affordable and I was very happy with my bridesmaid's hair and makeup also.

Sent on 08/04/2016

Rachanee did a beautiful job on my hair and make up for my wedding day. She listened to what I wanted and made sure I was happy. I would highly recommend her to any bride to be. Thank you, Rachanee!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Rachanee of Art Occasions was AMAZING! All the guests said she did a wonderful job with the make up - she really knew what make up/hair worked best with my facial features and hair texture. She is HIGHLY recommended.

Sent on 06/25/2013

JJ · Married on 10/01/2011

I am a professional fashion/wedding photographer. I've worked with Art Occasions many times, Rachanee impressed me in many different ways. If you look for professional and trustful makeup & hairstylist for your wedding,Art Occasions is the best choice.

First, Her makeup and hairstyle skill is absolutely awesome. When we plan to do fashion shoots, we have high standard for each concept, Rachanee always delivers the best makeup style. Second, her great personality wins everybody, models love to work with her. Third, she is very responsible and reliable, she is someone you can count on.

I worked with different wedding makeup & hair stylists, they are all good, but Rachanee is the best! I will suggest her to every of my friend who needs bridal makeup& hair service.

JJ Photo Studio
    www.jjchenphotography.com

Sent on 11/29/2011

Gina · Married on 10/01/2011

I will definitely recommend Art Occasions to all my engaged friends. Rachanee did my hair and makeup for my wedding as well as my mothers hair. She was extremely professional and artistic. I did a trial at her home studio a few months prior and she brought my vision to life. She had lots of suggestions and references to use so we established a clear picture of what I was looking for before she even got started. She created a beautiful, unique updo and lovely airbrushed makeup. On my wedding day, she arrived on time at my hotel and finished my hair, makeup, and mothers hair by the time we had agreed on. The look lasted all night and photographed beautifully. I was so happy with the finished result. Thanks again Rachanee!!

Sent on 12/04/2011

Courtney · Married on 09/24/2011

Rachanee did a great job on my hair and makeup for my 9/24/11 wedding. I had my trial with her 2 months before the wedding and was extremely pleased with the result. I brought a ton of pictures to show her what I had in mind for both hair and makeup. I wasn't sure that my desired hairstyle would even work with the texture and length of my hair but Rachanee told me she could do it. She spent almost 3 hours with me at the trial, making sure everything was perfect. It was one of the most relaxing times of the whole 8 months of wedding planning! I opted for the airbrushed makeup and I loved it. I still looked like myself but she was great at enhancing my natural features. At the end of the trial, Rachanee took some photos to remember exactly how I wanted everything for my wedding day and emailed them to me.

On the day of the wedding, Rachanee arrived on-time with her assistant to my mom's house, where my bridesmaids and I were getting ready. In addition to my hair and makeup, Rachanee and her assistant, Kimberly, also did the hair and makeup for my mom, cousin and one of my bridesmaids. They did a great job on everyone. Rachanee made sure we stuck to the timeline and finished promptly on time and both my hair and makeup lasted all day (12 hours). In addition to being great at what she does, Rachanee is also an extremely sweet person! I definitely recommend her to make you look and feel beautiful on your wedding day!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Meagan · Married on 07/09/2011

Rachanee did my hair for my best friend's wedding I was in recently and I could not give her high enough praises. She was able to take verbal ideas from both the bride and I, without any pictures, and she was able to create exactly what we were both imagining. Not only is her talent beyond anything I have ever experienced, Rachanee is very kind, warm and personable. She fit right in with our zany group of women and I felt she really cared about making the bride and bridesmaids have the best day ever. We all got so many compliments on our looks and never before has anyone been able to make my limp, thin blond hair look smooth, sleek and with volume. Now if only I could get her to move to Washington!

Sent on 07/25/2011

Theresa · Married on 07/09/2011

I highly recommend Rachanee for any special occasion hair & makeup! She is calm, kind, caring, and a perfectionist- which are traits you want someone to have on your special day! Not only did she make me feel beautiful and relaxed, she also did a fantastic job on my bridesmaids too! Everyone attending the wedding couldn't stop complimenting how unique and fabulous we looked! I am incredibly happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2011

Rachanee and the team she provided for hair and makeup for my wedding were amazing. Rachanee spent a great deal of time making sure my makeup and hair were perfect for the day and the other makeup gal and hair gal she brought were equally as great. All my bridesmaids as well as myself had a great time and were extremely pleased with the end result. It was so great having someone so reliable and easy to work with. I would highly recommend Rachanee!

Sent on 07/21/2011

Erin · Married on 06/11/2011

I planned my wedding in California remotely from Asia and I booked Rachanee without having the trial first given I wasn't able to make it to California until a few days before the actual wedding. She turned out to be two of the best wedding vendors (the other being my rehearsal dinner place) that I have selected, and I was really thankful and lucky that I have found someone like her to help me and my bridal party for the make-up and hairstyle. I didn't have much clue about what I wanted except something that's natural, reflective of myself, and goes well with my gown. She was so amazing on the trial day and the wedding day itself and was able to come up with a look that I/everyone loved! I had artists done my make up and hair on a few other formal occasions before and I think Rachanee is the best so far. She was really professional throughout and i really enjoyed working with her. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Kangsan · Married on 06/09/2011

Rachanee is an excellent hair and make-up artist. She was professional, but also, flexible and personable. I will definitely hire her again for my next special occasion and highly recommend her service to everyone.

I had 7 hour pre-wedding photo shoot. She did my initial hair and makeup in the morning and changed my hair styles about 5 times during the photo shoot.

As every bride experienced before, I couldn't choose between long hair styles and updo hair styles, so I decided to have both. I researched a lot of hair/makeup artists in the bay area. I contacted pretty much all artists from http://theknot.com and http://yelp.com. I was looking for someone who could do the natural makeup and variety of hair styles. Moreover, even tho it was 7 hours, considering driving 6 different places in SF, changing clothes, walking and taking pictures, the time was very tight. Therefore, I needed someone who know the styles and practice them beforehand, so it can be done as fast as possible. After getting quotes and reviewing each artists' portfolios, I finally chose Rachanee.

I emailed her a bunch of photos of the hair and makeup styles I like. During our trial, she had them printed out already and I could see she was prepared. she pretty much knew what I liked and did a good job. We timed how long it took to do one hair style to do the next. She took each pictures, so she could practice later. Of course, there were times that I didn't like the style. I told her my concerns, and she listened to me and changed it until I was satisfied. She was a very hard worker.

Lastly, as I mentioned previously, I got a lot of quotes from different artists, and her rate was one of the most reasonable price considering their experiences. Also, FYI, I liked pictures from yelp than her website for some reason, so make sure to check out the pictures from yelp. I hope this helps!!

Sent on 06/25/2011

A · Married on 08/21/2010

Nancy perfectly replicated the hairstyle in the photograph I gave her and made it stay up the entire night (48 pins!) through swing dancing and aerials! Would absolutely recommend her talents with hair!

Sent on 08/25/2010

Esmeralda · Married on 07/31/2010

Hello future brides,
    I just got married July 31st and Rachanee of Art Occasions did an excellent job on my make up. It was my dream bridal look. I still look like me which is very important but enhanced and simply beautiful! Yeah, I believe every bride shines and has the aura on her big day. Rachanee is very professional but very easy to deal with. She's a sweet person and she listens to what you need. I sent her pictures and videos and she'll just do her best to make you happy.
    Thank you Rachanee for sharing your talent with us. I know we'll be looking at our wedding pictures for the rest of our lives and I'll definitely remember you.

Sent on 09/11/2010

Esmeralda · Married on 07/31/2010

Rachanee of Art Occasions did an excellent job on my make up and hair.
    I still look like me which is very important but enhanced and simply beautiful! It was my dream bridal look. She really made me shine and brought out my aura. Rachanee is very professional and at the same time very sweet and easy to deal with. She listens to what you need and she'll just do her best to make you happy. I'm so glad I chose Art Occasions among the many vendors here in Northern CA.
    Thank you so much Rachanee for sharing your talent with us and I know me and my husband will be looking at our wedding pictures for the rest of our lives and I'll definitely remember you.

Sent on 09/11/2010

Emily · Married on 07/31/2010

I definitely recommend Art Occasions. I was fortunate to find Rachanee for my bridal make-up, and was very happy with the outcome! Rachanee was amazing and did everything perfectly!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Junko · Married on 06/01/2010

Rachanee is very friendly person and very helpful. I chose to have different style of make-up on the wedding day. She listened to every little requests that I had and gave me the look that I wanted. She is amazing artist!

Sent on 07/07/2010

pamela · Married on 05/30/2010

Rachanee is a consumate professional, and made what can be a stressful day (getting married) for many very comfortable and relaxing.

My photographer commented that my make up was flawless.

Rachanee worked with me on the type of look I wanted to achieve and she delivered and exceeded my expectations.

I would certainly use Rachanee again in the future for special occassions.

Very pleased with the outcome.

Sent on 06/08/2010

Mayrin · Married on 11/07/2009

Rachanee made my wedding day experience wonderful. I had been going to her for my pre-wedding trials for hair/make-up. She was very helpful and knowledgeable about my needs for my day. On the actual day of, she knew that with so many women to work on (6 bridesmaids and 1 mother-in-law) that she would need back-up. There were two other assistants to help with hair and make-up. My bridesmaids looked gorgeous and the experience was fun. My mother saw how beautiful the women looked and ended up getting her make-up done as well! My make-up felt light on my skin and was "just right" on the color. My hair had gone through some changes from curls to a twist on the day of. The style was simple, yet modern and elegant at the same time. It ended up feeling like me and not like other styles I always saw at weddings/magazines. Rachanee worked hard to work with our schedule in time/location. It was an experience that every woman getting married should have.

Sent on 11/15/2009

Johanna · Married on 09/27/2009

Rachanee did a great job on hair and make up for my wedding. It stayed beautiful until the night ended. I would definitely recommend her and book her again for the next special occasion.

Sent on 11/09/2009

Swee · Married on 08/15/2009

Rachanee has done a great job for designing my wedding hairstyle as well as makeup. I am so glad that I have chosen her. She was very professional and focused. She pays attention to details. I have received so many nice compliments about my hair-dos and make up that day. I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 09/23/2009

Jamie · Married on 06/20/2009

Rachanee was wonderful to work with - I would highly recommend her! I chose her to work on my hair and make-up for my wedding in June 2009. I actually ended up doing a few trials with her because I was indecisive on hair styles. She was very patient with me and very accommodating to my schedule and requests. On the day of the wedding, her work was even better than the trial and she spent a lot of time making sure that I liked the makeup and hair. My husband felt it looked very natural and loved it, which was a great compliment since he generally likes me without any makeup at all. I received a lot of compliments and never felt better!

I also asked her to do my bridesmaids' hair. She brought an assistant with her the day of because I had 6 bridesmaids. I was a bit anxious about her assistant because I had never met her prior or seen her work. However, they both did a wonderful job and my bridesmaids' hair looked amazing! In fact, my cousin has hair that never keeps their curls, but somehow Rachanee and her assistant made it so that her curls actually stayed the whole night! I was truly amazed! :)

Sent on 07/06/2009

Tracy · Married on 05/16/2009

I absolutely loved Rachanee’s work on my hair and make-up (bridesmaid) and my best friend’s hair (bride) and make-up for my friend’s wedding. Rachanee is patient and sweet and genuinely listens to what you want to look like. It was so nice to have a hair and make-up artist that was friendly and calm on the big day. She was able to perfectly recreate a hairstyle I picked out from a magazine and she adjusted the bride’s hair until it was EXACTLY what she wanted. Our makeup looked natural and not overdone. She did a great job managing time and getting both of us ready to go with hair and make-up done just in time to take pre-wedding pictures. I highly recommend Rachanee to anyone, particularly brides and bridal parties. Having Rachanee around will add to your day and you will look completely beautiful! Thanks Rachanee!!

Sent on 06/04/2009