Arrow Park Lake and Lodge Reviews

60 | Monroe, NY

60 Reviews for Arrow Park Lake and Lodge

Michelle · Married on 07/02/2016

I just had my wedding at Arrow Park at the beginning of July and it was the most magical weekend of my entire life. The property is a perfect mix of rustic and elegant - my guests were blown away and didn't want to leave! I am so happy that we decided to stay for the entire weekend - although it did increase our budget and required a bit more planning, it was such a rare and beautiful thing to have all of our favorite people experience an entire weekend together. Our guests really enjoyed spending the down time walking around the property and taking a dip in the lake. Stephanie and Beth and the rest of the staff were AMAZING!!! Both Stephanie and Beth were extremely communicative, organized and dedicated - they truly went above and beyond to make it perfect. I felt so comfortable trusting them with my special day, I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. The whole weekend went off without a hitch, I am forever grateful to Arrow Park, Stephanie and Beth for creating such a special and memorable wedding weekend!!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Dana · Married on 06/18/2016

Arrow Park is incredibly special. As a wedding venue we could not have asked for anything better. And better then the overall beauty that this place holds, Stephanie&Elsie are amazing to work with. From the moment we met Stephanie she was so kind, knowledgeable and has an overall calmness about her that is so nice to have around while planning a wedding. As soon as she took us around the grounds, we knew that Arrow Park was where we should be married. There are so many different areas of this property- the fun and beautiful lake, the breathtaking garden and the wonderfully maintained integrity of the original mansion. I feel honored to have been married here. Beyond the overall beauty and uniqueness of this property- the staff is great. Stephanie was the main contact that I dealt with for over a year of planning and she just got closer and closer to us. Not only did she never tire of my 20 random questions in a email on a Saturday, or asking to walk around the grounds for the 7th time just because I loved being there so much, she encouraged it! Stephanie wants you to be as comfortable in this space as everyone that has worked there. Stephanie made the whole process so easy and is also a great resource for advice- be it on local vendors or on day before decorating, no question is too small or too big for her.. she is really a lovely person. All in all - our wedding was perfect, getting ready in the mansion, the ceremony in the garden, cocktail hour in the mansion and then we used a tent for the reception. We also had a late night bonfire (offered by the friendly staff at Arrow Park) and were able to use the mansion the next day for brunch. Arrow Park exceeded our expectations and we could not be happier. Elsie&Stephanie were also very accommodating for special requests we had:) We have been married for 6 weeks now and still hear daily about how beautiful Arrow Park was. Thank you Stephanie & all of Arrow Park for making this day what is was, exceptional.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 11/05/2016

There is so much I want to say about Arrow Park and how wonderful it was to be married there. The grounds are gorgeous and haunting in autumn with so many opportunities to take unique photos. The mansion as well has tons of character we did bare minimum décor for centerpieces. The patio allowed our guests to take pictures with the dramatic landscape and was comfortable for socializing during cocktail hour. The view from the dining room in the house was insane watching the sunset while we sat down to eat. Once it was well into the evening the lighting was cozy and intimate. Arrow Park’s staff, Stephanie and Merry, were great to work with, very flexible with any thing that came up and were super helpful with suggestions. Our wedding day was perfectly chill and laid back just how we wanted it. Thank you!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Veronica · Married on 08/01/2015

Arrow Park was an amazing venue for a lot of reasons. The mansion is fabulous, the grounds are naturally lovely and there are so many opportunities to do great things & to make your wedding truly unique (and the photo opportunities are endless). We used everything: outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour in the mansion, reception in the Pavilion, and ended with a bonfire on the beach by the lake (our favorite). And we stayed in the mansion overnight which was very nice. The staff was really accommodating and open to all of our ideas during planning. We went through a change in management mid-way through our planning, which caused some confusion, but the new management (Elsie and Stephanie) were wonderful and made sure that all the details were covered. And the day of- the staff was amazingly attentive! As the bride I was amazed (and happy/grateful) at how much was taken care of without me even being involved!

Only cons: As someone who tends to procrastinate and/or forget to respond to correspondence, I could have used a little more prompting from our coordinators during the months of planning. Everything worked out fine, but some decisions ended up being made at the last minute simply because I didn't NEED to make the decision sooner. So I loved the freedom of not being hounded, but probably could have benefited from being hounded a little more. But every bride is different- just ask for which approach will work best for you.
    They could use more regular staff (regular staff is very small)- the day of we were told a bartender didn't show up & so it took a long time for people to get drinks (but not a big deal). We were also told that the kitchen in the Paviliion had issues so equipment may need to be updated. Also we had a bit of trouble with their alcohol vendor in terms of availability, so if you want anything specific order EARLY and make sure they follow-up.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Saya · Married on 09/14/2019

A dream come true

Our wedding at Arrow Park was perfect. We instantly fell in love the first time we visited. The oak tree-lined driveway, the garden, the lake, the mansion...everything was beautiful, even in the pouring rain. It rained on our wedding day as well, but the rain miraculously stopped for our ceremony in the garden (as soon as everyone got inside for cocktail hour, it started pouring again!). The staff are incredibly friendly and professional (special thanks to Stephanie, Kaitlyn, Kristen and Pam). Our family and wedding party were able to stay with us in the mansion, and we also rented the two bungalows for some of our friends, so it was nice being able to hang out the day after. I would highly recommend Arrow Park- it was the perfect venue for an outdoorsy, romantic, intimate wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Diana · Married on 04/22/2017

Where do I begin?... I had my wedding at Arrow Park this past April and my husband and I could not have made a better choice! From the very beginning, we knew planning a wedding in 10 weeks was going to be stressful, but Stephanie and the staff were incredible. Stephanie immediately set us up with local vendors and gave us plenty of recommendations to choose from. Not to mention, we booked Love and Rosemary as our caterer and were just BLOWN AWAY! I had no idea that this was by far the best decision we would have made. Albeit the downpours all morning, Stephanie, Kaitlyn, and Rocco kept the day so easy and effortless. Our guests raved about the Beautiful grounds, the Mansion, and the incredible food. Our overnight accommodations were icing on the cake! Everything was perfect, intimate, and romantic, just as I imagined. The party lasted through the next morning, with breakfast and mimosas, but the memories we created will last FOREVER! Thank you Arrow Park

Sent on 07/03/2017

Kristen · Married on 07/24/2016

3.5
      3.5

Arrow Park is such a unique and timeless location for a wedding! The architecture and landscaping are stunning and the perfect backdrop for an outdoor/indoor wedding. We had our ceremony outside in the beautiful gardens and inside the lodge. We had 70 guests which was just the right size to fit inside of the lodge instead of the pavilion. Our entire wedding party and close family were able to stay in the rooms in the lodge. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Having the house the whole night is such a great perk to having your wedding at Arrow Park. You don't have to rush your guests out or gather all of your belongings at the end of your wedding, when you are completely exhausted! In the morning we were able to sit out on the patio overlooking the lake and have breakfast with our friends and family. Our wedding was July 24th and it was 93 degrees. The lodge was extremely hot. Most of our guests were up and dancing anyway, but it could have been a hindrance to some. Aside from that, we will never forget the perfect setting that we picked for the most unforgettable day of our life! I absolutely recommend Arrow Park for a wedding or special event!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Stephanie · Married on 05/20/2017

3.8

What we loved:
    The venue is stunning. We wanted a green, nature wedding and the location was perfect. We had our cocktail hour inside the mansion and reception in the pavilion.
    Jack, the person in charge of watching the venue overnight and helping with the event execution, is amazing. He helped make sure everything was on point and was the most helpful person we worked with. We didn't know much about Jack before we got to the venue but, in hindsight, he is probably the best asset this venue has.
    The rooms and overnight situation is great. We loved being able to stay in the house with friends and family. We also rented the bungalows out for the rest of the wedding party. Staying there the whole weekend made it extra special.

What to consider:
    As with the wedding industry in general, there are tons of extra fees for everything. We got a bonfire one night and that was $500. We were told last minute that there was a $200 fee to have wine served at the tables for dinner ("wine stewarding") even though we were already paying for the bartenders (I guess paying them to walk is extra). My favorite was the $1.5K catering fee that has since increased to $2.5K. We didn't love the in house caterer. We went with someone who has michelin star street cred and paid the extra venue fee. But we didn't know that the pavilion is actually missing any usable kitchen equipment. So in addition to paying the venue, we had to pay $1.5K to rent usable kitchen equipment. The kicker: the venue offered to let us rent their caterers food truck... for $2.5K. Wat.
    The venue offers a maitre d' with the booking but we felt she was meh (wasn't super on top of things, dropped some balls). Hire your own coordinator. In hindsight, this was the best money we spent. We hired Amy for cheap and she was amazing, email her directly amy@aehevents.com

TL:DR - beautiful place, extra fees for random stuff, DIY type of venue. Total was $60K for venue, extras + catering for 150 ppl.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Sara · Married on 10/27/2019

2.2
      1.0
      2.0
      2.0

Beware! be prepared to roll up your sleeves!

Food was absolutely amazing!!! Thom from back of the house catering and his catering staff came to the rescue after my wedding coordinator (fyi the first coordinator took an "immediately leave if absence") had a melt down and couldnt handle the pressure where there was a monsoon the day I got married and had to have everything moved inside. There was no coordination from the staff at arrow park, very few emails over the course of the year except for 4 weeks before you get married. I showed up with hair and make up done having to set up my wedding 1 1/2 hours before my guest were showing up and missed all of my getting ready photos. Everything is à la carte, you pay a tax and gratuity on your bar bill, food bill, pavilion rental, mansion rental and it adds up! Had we know this we would have walked away for forfeited our deposit. They gave us 3 hours to set up an entire wedding ourselves (if you dont hire a coordinator to do everything for you) nothing was organized! my friend got married a few weeks before I did at Arrow Park (small world) and they ran into similar situations because of lack of communication. The place is gorgeous, it was very romantic and vintage feel but it was beyond stressful and much more money than me anticipated. If you do get married there do your due diligence!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Renee · Married on 05/29/2016

0.4
      0.5

Don't! One corridor had an "off and on" power failure before even half of our guests were in the rooms, and the representative tried to "blame" it on the use of curling irons and A/C. It was 92 degrees and humid that day, so they obviously are not prepared to service an event in the hot weather. The doorknob in my room fell off into my hand and the door was warped and did not completely close. They did have a man replace it, but the door still did not shut. The main dining room had insufficient portable a/c., causing us to close off part of the party area, and it was sweltering. The "sweetheart" table for the bride and groom collapsed when they were just starting to eat their dinner. We had to search for toilet tissue for many of the guest bathrooms. The cottages rented were not even ready when the guests arrived, windows nailed shut, not aired out even though we had arranged for an earlier check in previously with the event planner. The bonfire at the beach was a huge mistake!. The path to the beach was inadequately lit and unsafe and the bathrooms were NOT working. The bonfire was made of about three small logs and we were told they didn't have any more wood. It was as if no one expected a wedding that day. We did get a tiny rebate to reimburse the guests that left to book a local hotel room, and a gift certificate for a dinner to the bride and groom,(a month later), but too little - too late.

Sent on 07/10/2016