Arrow Park Lake and Lodge Reviews

51 | Monroe, NY

51 Reviews for Arrow Park Lake and Lodge

Kim · Married on 10/06/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at Arrow Park in September of this year. We heard about the venue through word of mouth and when we arrived for our tour we knew this was the ideal place to have our wedding. The mansion is gorgeous and is only rivaled by the grounds themselves, complete with wooded trails and a beautiful lake. We were able to rent the venue from Friday to Sunday for our wedding, which made the experience especially unique. We were able to host our entire wedding party (over 25 people!) including our parents at the mansion and accompanying bungalow cabins. The staff at Arrow Park made us feel right at home and were able to accommodate every request we had. I strongly recommend the bonfire afterparty, it was definitely a hit with our guests! If you are looking for a once in a life time wedding venue, Arrow Park is a must.

Sent on 11/02/2017
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/08/2017

Beautiful!

Everyone was very accommodating and felt like family. They were very helpful with setup (even when we had some last minute guest list changes and had to reset a few tables, they were able to do it!). They let us re-arrange the spaces inside however we wanted and let us set up any decorations wherever/ however we chose. They helped with suggestions when we needed any (which was VERY helpful).
    Even some of the simple details were amazing (i.e.: I hate champagne and asked for sparking cider instead and they not only were able to do that, but they made sure to let me know which glass was the sparkling cider for the toasts so I didn't drink the wrong one!). Everything turned out amazing!
    All of my guests were shocked at how beautiful the place was, saying "Where did you find this place!?!?!?" Everyone loved it. I wouldn't change a thing!!!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Timothy · Married on 09/02/2017

We had a Labor Day weekend wedding at Arrow Park and simply cannot imagine having it anywhere else. The view from the mansion is incredible, the grounds are immaculate, the opportunity for pictures is endless, and the staff is attentive and friendly. There's no need to decorate anything at Arrow Park because everything is already so naturally beautiful. Having rented for the weekend, we were able to take in all AP has to offer and spend time with our friends and family. All of our guests raved about how beautiful and interesting it was, and by the time we left we felt like the staff were our friends.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/08/2017

When we first visited Arrow Park we fell in love with the charm and natural beauty of the venue. Ultimately, that is why we decided to go with Arrow Park. Stephanie was great at communicating with us throughout the process and answering any questions we had. We were slightly hesitant at first not having tried the catering, but honestly, Rocco and Lenore from Love and Rosemary were the greatest part of the whole package. We already wrote a separate glowing review for their service, so I won't wax poetically, but the food was amazing and they were a hit with our guests. Kaitlyn, our day of coordinator was great and also made sure that we always had food and drinks. So many people told us ahead of time that they did not eat on their wedding day, but we ate like royalty.

We loved having so many friends and family around us the night after the wedding. The service was amazing and you cannot beat the views from the house.

Sent on 07/19/2017

A · Married on 06/05/2017

Absolutely BREATHTAKING!! From the views to this venues peaceful serenity.. highly recommended for any event or gathering. It is the ultimate "breath of fresh air!"

Sent on 07/11/2017

alexandra · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I had another venue booked prior to visiting Arrow Park. We both fell in love with beauty and charm and are so happy we switched venues. Arrow Park is truly magical. A gorgeous mansion in the middle of the woods surrounded by so much natural beauty. It is so far from the average catering hall, which is what we loved. Not only is the venue Romantic, vintage, beautiful, and elegant, but the staff is so kind, patient, and attentive. This may sound weird but they are the kind of people you just want to hug.

We had our wedding on May 6, 2017. The entire process from booking, planning, to celebrating was so easy. Stephanie was so quick to answer all of my many questions and Kaitlyn coordinated everything so seamlessly. Jack made sure all of our guests staying at the mansion were comfortable and had everything they needed. We did not feel stressed at all on our wedding day and cannot thank them enough! We had the time of our lives and will treasure this memory forever. The Arrow park staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day a dream come true. We highly recommend Arrow Park for your special day, it is truly magical and unforgettable.

Sent on 06/08/2017

Dawn · Married on 11/19/2016

I don't have anything negative to say about my experience at Arrow Park. Our wedding day turned out to be more amazing than I could have ever expected. We were getting married in November, and had planned to have the wedding indoors, but when the weather forecast predicted 60 degrees, Arrow Park quickly went to work to move the ceremony outdoors! Working with Stephanie in the beginning was painless, she was quick to respond and answered all of my, many, questions. We worked with Kaitlyn for the day of and she was on top of EVERYTHING. Whatever we needed, she was there to take care of. We used their in-house caterer Love + Rosemary and their team and food was amazing, people are still raving about it. I can honestly say that if anything did go wrong, I didn't know about it and that's a nice feeling to have. I fell in love with the look of the venue when I first found it online and am thrilled that the staff and experience lived up to my expectations.

Sent on 02/09/2017

Laura · Married on 10/08/2016

Arrow Park was exactly what we were looking for, for our wedding!! It was the first venue we saw and we should have stopped there. The grounds and mansion truly speak for themselves. It is a photographers dream. Everyone who attended our wedding is still saying how beautiful it was. Stephanie and Beth who you work with both before and the day of your wedding couldn't be more accommodating. They would respond to your questions right away, were never pushy about anything and honestly tried to help you create the day of your dreams. Beth was also always two steps ahead of me on my wedding day. Whether it was to get me a drink, food or organize people she handled it all. I have to say our wedding went off without a hitch and everything we wanted came true. We used Love and Rosemary their in house caterer and I can't say enough great things about Rocco and his team. Furthermore, Arrow Parks' staffing on the day of the wedding were also great. From bartenders to parking attendants, everyone was where they should be, smiling and eager to help out. The staff also packed up some of our unfinished wedding food to have later in the night that they kept in their kitchen. We had a larger wedding, 180 people, which fit well into the newly renovated pavilion however, I would say that is probably their max. It was just enough for tables and a decent size dance floor without feeling confined. Another benefit of Arrow Park is the use of the mansion after the wedding. We were able to have our bridal party and both set of parents stay over to spend even more quality/party time with the ones we love. Arrow park created one of the most gorgeous weddings I could have ever imagined and could not be happier with the results. They are truly top notch! ~ The Hansons

Sent on 12/13/2016

Samantha · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at Arrow Park on 8/27/2016 and it was everything I could of dreamed of and more. I had went to Arrow Park sometime around 12 years ago in my first photography course and took a beautiful picture of the tree lined drive way. When I first decided to look at Arrow Park as a venue, I fell in love with how beautiful and rustic the gardens and mansion was, it was the perfect place for my outdoor summer wedding. We had our wedding ceremony in the garden and our reception in the pavilion, and everything looked amazing. Stephanie was amazing and answered all our questions and made feel sure in our decision. Beth helped us the week leading up to the wedding and the day of, she ws pleasant and entrusted and was happy to help with everything so I wouldn't have to worry. Rocco, the preferred vendor for catering made an amazing dinner for my guest. At the end of the day, our wedding was perfect and it is in large part because it was at Arrow Park.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Diane · Married on 07/02/2016

As the mother of the bride, I believe that Arrow Park offered everything that we were looking for. The atmosphere is both elegant and rustic. The mansion was simply beautiful with its many fireplaces, outside patio, tiled flooring and lovely rooms. The property, which included the lake and newly renovated pavilion, created a more casual setting for our guests to enjoy. We had a destination wedding without going too far!! Spending time with our guests for entire weekend added to the experience. Stephanie, Beth and the staff at Arrow Park worked at making this wedding simply magical.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Laura · Married on 03/19/2016

How do I even start to describe our experience at arrow park? Stephanie was the first person I had contact with at arrow park and was mainly my contact for the duration of the wedding planning. Stephanie is great! She was super helpful and responded to all of my emails very quickly. Towards the end of the wedding I started emailing with Beth, who is the maitre'd. She is also wonderful! The day of the wedding we arrived with SO much stuff. Decorations, flowers, everything .. Beth put it all together for me. I had no idea anyone was going to do that for me so at first I was a little concerned because I'm so used to doing everything myself. Let me tell you, she put everything together exactly how I would have, but better. She knew exactly what I wanted without me even having to say so. Every one of their staff members are fantastic.

On to the venue - weddings go by fast, so fast. I'm so glad we had the chance to make it like a weekend event by renting out the lodge and having brunch the next morning. It truly is a beautiful place that's worth every penny. I hated planning my wedding, it was SO stressful at times. But I loved every minute at arrow park, and would honestly do it all over again because it was just such a beautiful and unforgettable day. Everyone keeps telling me how much of a great time they had. And it was even more amazing that the day after the wedding the families still got to hang out! Everyone doesn't have a chance to get together like that so it really was just a wonderful thing to be able to wake up the day after our wedding and rehash the previous day's events over brunch with your family.

If you want a beautiful venue with a fantastic staff then absolutely book Arrow Park, it's guaranteed to be an unforgettable day.

Sent on 04/08/2016

Arrow Park is an AMAZING setting for a wedding reception. The mansion is absolutely beautiful and the views of the lake are incredible. The staff there are extremely helpful and really made us feel welcome. The whole experience was perfect and I'm so glad we had our party there.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Cecelia · Married on 05/23/2015

Arrow Park was the most amazing wedding venue we could have ever imagined. The natural beauty, vintage charm and uniqueness are incomparable. This is a venue where your dream and vision can really come true because of the flexibility you have. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and felt like our second family the weekend we were there. Arrow Park is a hidden gem and probably one of the most unique venues you wil find.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Amy · Married on 05/10/2014

Arrow Park was the most amazing place to get married. It was rustic and intimate and warm, all of the things we looked for in a wedding venue. The place as a whole is full of charm and character that you simply cannot find anywhere else. We used their caterer and the food was delicious. Simply full of flavor and made with love. My husband and I highly recommend that you choose Arrow Park for your wedding, you will be beyond satisfied and will make truly one of a kind memories. Our wedding guests are still raving about the food and atmosphere!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Presh · Married on 06/23/2018

Our wedding was pure magic and went seamlessly. It was everything we wanted and more. The Arrow Park staff is amazing! Stephanie, Kaitlyn and the Arrow Park staff went above and beyond our expectations. It was truly a one of a kind experience that we will always remember. Our guests cannot stop raving about the beautiful venue and the great food. The mansion is beautiful and getting to stay the night was excellent and so convenient for us and our family. We definitely would recommend Arrow Park to anyone looking to have a beautiful memorable event. We had a great time!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Sunra · Married on 03/25/2017

I had my wedding at Arrow Park in June. We wanted to find a venue that reflected our personalities and aesthetic and knew Arrow Park was "the one" as soon as we stepped onto the grounds. The mansion is truly unique and beautiful and the grounds are charming. My guests were blown away by Arrow Park are still talking about how amazing it was.
    Stephanie and Amanda, along with the whole staff were very helpful and a pleasure to work with. The event was so special and ran so smoothly. Arrow Park added character to our wedding and added special character to our wedding day. I’m so happy with how everything turned out from start to finish.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/02/2016

I just had my wedding at Arrow Park at the beginning of July and it was the most magical weekend of my entire life. The property is a perfect mix of rustic and elegant - my guests were blown away and didn't want to leave! I am so happy that we decided to stay for the entire weekend - although it did increase our budget and required a bit more planning, it was such a rare and beautiful thing to have all of our favorite people experience an entire weekend together. Our guests really enjoyed spending the down time walking around the property and taking a dip in the lake. Stephanie and Beth and the rest of the staff were AMAZING!!! Both Stephanie and Beth were extremely communicative, organized and dedicated - they truly went above and beyond to make it perfect. I felt so comfortable trusting them with my special day, I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. The whole weekend went off without a hitch, I am forever grateful to Arrow Park, Stephanie and Beth for creating such a special and memorable wedding weekend!!

Sent on 07/21/2016

dana · Married on 06/18/2016

Arrow Park is incredibly special. As a wedding venue we could not have asked for anything better. And better then the overall beauty that this place holds, Stephanie&Elsie are amazing to work with. From the moment we met Stephanie she was so kind, knowledgeable and has an overall calmness about her that is so nice to have around while planning a wedding. As soon as she took us around the grounds, we knew that Arrow Park was where we should be married. There are so many different areas of this property- the fun and beautiful lake, the breathtaking garden and the wonderfully maintained integrity of the original mansion. I feel honored to have been married here. Beyond the overall beauty and uniqueness of this property- the staff is great. Stephanie was the main contact that I dealt with for over a year of planning and she just got closer and closer to us. Not only did she never tire of my 20 random questions in a email on a Saturday, or asking to walk around the grounds for the 7th time just because I loved being there so much, she encouraged it! Stephanie wants you to be as comfortable in this space as everyone that has worked there. Stephanie made the whole process so easy and is also a great resource for advice- be it on local vendors or on day before decorating, no question is too small or too big for her.. she is really a lovely person. All in all - our wedding was perfect, getting ready in the mansion, the ceremony in the garden, cocktail hour in the mansion and then we used a tent for the reception. We also had a late night bonfire (offered by the friendly staff at Arrow Park) and were able to use the mansion the next day for brunch. Arrow Park exceeded our expectations and we could not be happier. Elsie&Stephanie were also very accommodating for special requests we had:) We have been married for 6 weeks now and still hear daily about how beautiful Arrow Park was. Thank you Stephanie & all of Arrow Park for making this day what is was, exceptional.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 11/05/2016

There is so much I want to say about Arrow Park and how wonderful it was to be married there. The grounds are gorgeous and haunting in autumn with so many opportunities to take unique photos. The mansion as well has tons of character we did bare minimum décor for centerpieces. The patio allowed our guests to take pictures with the dramatic landscape and was comfortable for socializing during cocktail hour. The view from the dining room in the house was insane watching the sunset while we sat down to eat. Once it was well into the evening the lighting was cozy and intimate. Arrow Park’s staff, Stephanie and Merry, were great to work with, very flexible with any thing that came up and were super helpful with suggestions. Our wedding day was perfectly chill and laid back just how we wanted it. Thank you!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Veronica · Married on 08/01/2015

Arrow Park was an amazing venue for a lot of reasons. The mansion is fabulous, the grounds are naturally lovely and there are so many opportunities to do great things & to make your wedding truly unique (and the photo opportunities are endless). We used everything: outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour in the mansion, reception in the Pavilion, and ended with a bonfire on the beach by the lake (our favorite). And we stayed in the mansion overnight which was very nice. The staff was really accommodating and open to all of our ideas during planning. We went through a change in management mid-way through our planning, which caused some confusion, but the new management (Elsie and Stephanie) were wonderful and made sure that all the details were covered. And the day of- the staff was amazingly attentive! As the bride I was amazed (and happy/grateful) at how much was taken care of without me even being involved!

Only cons: As someone who tends to procrastinate and/or forget to respond to correspondence, I could have used a little more prompting from our coordinators during the months of planning. Everything worked out fine, but some decisions ended up being made at the last minute simply because I didn't NEED to make the decision sooner. So I loved the freedom of not being hounded, but probably could have benefited from being hounded a little more. But every bride is different- just ask for which approach will work best for you.
    They could use more regular staff (regular staff is very small)- the day of we were told a bartender didn't show up & so it took a long time for people to get drinks (but not a big deal). We were also told that the kitchen in the Paviliion had issues so equipment may need to be updated. Also we had a bit of trouble with their alcohol vendor in terms of availability, so if you want anything specific order EARLY and make sure they follow-up.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Saya · Married on 09/14/2019

A dream come true

Our wedding at Arrow Park was perfect. We instantly fell in love the first time we visited. The oak tree-lined driveway, the garden, the lake, the mansion...everything was beautiful, even in the pouring rain. It rained on our wedding day as well, but the rain miraculously stopped for our ceremony in the garden (as soon as everyone got inside for cocktail hour, it started pouring again!). The staff are incredibly friendly and professional (special thanks to Stephanie, Kaitlyn, Kristen and Pam). Our family and wedding party were able to stay with us in the mansion, and we also rented the two bungalows for some of our friends, so it was nice being able to hang out the day after. I would highly recommend Arrow Park- it was the perfect venue for an outdoorsy, romantic, intimate wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Diana · Married on 04/22/2017

Where do I begin?... I had my wedding at Arrow Park this past April and my husband and I could not have made a better choice! From the very beginning, we knew planning a wedding in 10 weeks was going to be stressful, but Stephanie and the staff were incredible. Stephanie immediately set us up with local vendors and gave us plenty of recommendations to choose from. Not to mention, we booked Love and Rosemary as our caterer and were just BLOWN AWAY! I had no idea that this was by far the best decision we would have made. Albeit the downpours all morning, Stephanie, Kaitlyn, and Rocco kept the day so easy and effortless. Our guests raved about the Beautiful grounds, the Mansion, and the incredible food. Our overnight accommodations were icing on the cake! Everything was perfect, intimate, and romantic, just as I imagined. The party lasted through the next morning, with breakfast and mimosas, but the memories we created will last FOREVER! Thank you Arrow Park

Sent on 07/03/2017

Kristen · Married on 07/24/2016

3.5
      3.5

Arrow Park is such a unique and timeless location for a wedding! The architecture and landscaping are stunning and the perfect backdrop for an outdoor/indoor wedding. We had our ceremony outside in the beautiful gardens and inside the lodge. We had 70 guests which was just the right size to fit inside of the lodge instead of the pavilion. Our entire wedding party and close family were able to stay in the rooms in the lodge. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Having the house the whole night is such a great perk to having your wedding at Arrow Park. You don't have to rush your guests out or gather all of your belongings at the end of your wedding, when you are completely exhausted! In the morning we were able to sit out on the patio overlooking the lake and have breakfast with our friends and family. Our wedding was July 24th and it was 93 degrees. The lodge was extremely hot. Most of our guests were up and dancing anyway, but it could have been a hindrance to some. Aside from that, we will never forget the perfect setting that we picked for the most unforgettable day of our life! I absolutely recommend Arrow Park for a wedding or special event!

Sent on 10/16/2016

stephanie · Married on 05/20/2017

3.8

What we loved:
    The venue is stunning. We wanted a green, nature wedding and the location was perfect. We had our cocktail hour inside the mansion and reception in the pavilion.
    Jack, the person in charge of watching the venue overnight and helping with the event execution, is amazing. He helped make sure everything was on point and was the most helpful person we worked with. We didn't know much about Jack before we got to the venue but, in hindsight, he is probably the best asset this venue has.
    The rooms and overnight situation is great. We loved being able to stay in the house with friends and family. We also rented the bungalows out for the rest of the wedding party. Staying there the whole weekend made it extra special.

What to consider:
    As with the wedding industry in general, there are tons of extra fees for everything. We got a bonfire one night and that was $500. We were told last minute that there was a $200 fee to have wine served at the tables for dinner ("wine stewarding") even though we were already paying for the bartenders (I guess paying them to walk is extra). My favorite was the $1.5K catering fee that has since increased to $2.5K. We didn't love the in house caterer. We went with someone who has michelin star street cred and paid the extra venue fee. But we didn't know that the pavilion is actually missing any usable kitchen equipment. So in addition to paying the venue, we had to pay $1.5K to rent usable kitchen equipment. The kicker: the venue offered to let us rent their caterers food truck... for $2.5K. Wat.
    The venue offers a maitre d' with the booking but we felt she was meh (wasn't super on top of things, dropped some balls). Hire your own coordinator. In hindsight, this was the best money we spent. We hired Amy for cheap and she was amazing, email her directly amy@aehevents.com

TL:DR - beautiful place, extra fees for random stuff, DIY type of venue. Total was $60K for venue, extras + catering for 150 ppl.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Sara · Married on 10/27/2019

2.2
      1.0
      2.0
      2.0

Beware! be prepared to roll up your sleeves!

Food was absolutely amazing!!! Thom from back of the house catering and his catering staff came to the rescue after my wedding coordinator (fyi the first coordinator took an "immediately leave if absence") had a melt down and couldnt handle the pressure where there was a monsoon the day I got married and had to have everything moved inside. There was no coordination from the staff at arrow park, very few emails over the course of the year except for 4 weeks before you get married. I showed up with hair and make up done having to set up my wedding 1 1/2 hours before my guest were showing up and missed all of my getting ready photos. Everything is à la carte, you pay a tax and gratuity on your bar bill, food bill, pavilion rental, mansion rental and it adds up! Had we know this we would have walked away for forfeited our deposit. They gave us 3 hours to set up an entire wedding ourselves (if you dont hire a coordinator to do everything for you) nothing was organized! my friend got married a few weeks before I did at Arrow Park (small world) and they ran into similar situations because of lack of communication. The place is gorgeous, it was very romantic and vintage feel but it was beyond stressful and much more money than me anticipated. If you do get married there do your due diligence!

Sent on 11/12/2019