Arrow Park Lake and Lodge Reviews

Arrow Park Lake and Lodge 5
Arrow Park Lake and Lodge 6
Arrow Park Lake and Lodge 7

Samantha · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at Arrow Park on 8/27/2016 and it was everything I could of dreamed of and more. I had went to Arrow Park sometime around 12 years ago in my first photography course and took a beautiful picture of the tree lined drive way. When I first decided to look at Arrow Park as a venue, I fell in love with how beautiful and rustic the gardens and mansion was, it was the perfect place for my outdoor summer wedding. We had our wedding ceremony in the garden and our reception in the pavilion, and everything looked amazing. Stephanie was amazing and answered all our questions and made feel sure in our decision. Beth helped us the week leading up to the wedding and the day of, she ws pleasant and entrusted and was happy to help with everything so I wouldn't have to worry. Rocco, the preferred vendor for catering made an amazing dinner for my guest. At the end of the day, our wedding was perfect and it is in large part because it was at Arrow Park.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Diane · Married on 07/02/2016

As the mother of the bride, I believe that Arrow Park offered everything that we were looking for. The atmosphere is both elegant and rustic. The mansion was simply beautiful with its many fireplaces, outside patio, tiled flooring and lovely rooms. The property, which included the lake and newly renovated pavilion, created a more casual setting for our guests to enjoy. We had a destination wedding without going too far!! Spending time with our guests for entire weekend added to the experience. Stephanie, Beth and the staff at Arrow Park worked at making this wedding simply magical.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Laura · Married on 03/19/2016

How do I even start to describe our experience at arrow park? Stephanie was the first person I had contact with at arrow park and was mainly my contact for the duration of the wedding planning. Stephanie is great! She was super helpful and responded to all of my emails very quickly. Towards the end of the wedding I started emailing with Beth, who is the maitre'd. She is also wonderful! The day of the wedding we arrived with SO much stuff. Decorations, flowers, everything .. Beth put it all together for me. I had no idea anyone was going to do that for me so at first I was a little concerned because I'm so used to doing everything myself. Let me tell you, she put everything together exactly how I would have, but better. She knew exactly what I wanted without me even having to say so. Every one of their staff members are fantastic.

On to the venue - weddings go by fast, so fast. I'm so glad we had the chance to make it like a weekend event by renting out the lodge and having brunch the next morning. It truly is a beautiful place that's worth every penny. I hated planning my wedding, it was SO stressful at times. But I loved every minute at arrow park, and would honestly do it all over again because it was just such a beautiful and unforgettable day. Everyone keeps telling me how much of a great time they had. And it was even more amazing that the day after the wedding the families still got to hang out! Everyone doesn't have a chance to get together like that so it really was just a wonderful thing to be able to wake up the day after our wedding and rehash the previous day's events over brunch with your family.

If you want a beautiful venue with a fantastic staff then absolutely book Arrow Park, it's guaranteed to be an unforgettable day.

Sent on 04/08/2016

Arrow Park is an AMAZING setting for a wedding reception. The mansion is absolutely beautiful and the views of the lake are incredible. The staff there are extremely helpful and really made us feel welcome. The whole experience was perfect and I'm so glad we had our party there.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Cecelia · Married on 05/23/2015

Arrow Park was the most amazing wedding venue we could have ever imagined. The natural beauty, vintage charm and uniqueness are incomparable. This is a venue where your dream and vision can really come true because of the flexibility you have. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and felt like our second family the weekend we were there. Arrow Park is a hidden gem and probably one of the most unique venues you wil find.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Amy · Married on 05/10/2014

Arrow Park was the most amazing place to get married. It was rustic and intimate and warm, all of the things we looked for in a wedding venue. The place as a whole is full of charm and character that you simply cannot find anywhere else. We used their caterer and the food was delicious. Simply full of flavor and made with love. My husband and I highly recommend that you choose Arrow Park for your wedding, you will be beyond satisfied and will make truly one of a kind memories. Our wedding guests are still raving about the food and atmosphere!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Presh · Married on 06/23/2018

Our wedding was pure magic and went seamlessly. It was everything we wanted and more. The Arrow Park staff is amazing! Stephanie, Kaitlyn and the Arrow Park staff went above and beyond our expectations. It was truly a one of a kind experience that we will always remember. Our guests cannot stop raving about the beautiful venue and the great food. The mansion is beautiful and getting to stay the night was excellent and so convenient for us and our family. We definitely would recommend Arrow Park to anyone looking to have a beautiful memorable event. We had a great time!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Sunra · Married on 03/25/2017

I had my wedding at Arrow Park in June. We wanted to find a venue that reflected our personalities and aesthetic and knew Arrow Park was "the one" as soon as we stepped onto the grounds. The mansion is truly unique and beautiful and the grounds are charming. My guests were blown away by Arrow Park are still talking about how amazing it was.
    Stephanie and Amanda, along with the whole staff were very helpful and a pleasure to work with. The event was so special and ran so smoothly. Arrow Park added character to our wedding and added special character to our wedding day. I’m so happy with how everything turned out from start to finish.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/02/2016

I just had my wedding at Arrow Park at the beginning of July and it was the most magical weekend of my entire life. The property is a perfect mix of rustic and elegant - my guests were blown away and didn't want to leave! I am so happy that we decided to stay for the entire weekend - although it did increase our budget and required a bit more planning, it was such a rare and beautiful thing to have all of our favorite people experience an entire weekend together. Our guests really enjoyed spending the down time walking around the property and taking a dip in the lake. Stephanie and Beth and the rest of the staff were AMAZING!!! Both Stephanie and Beth were extremely communicative, organized and dedicated - they truly went above and beyond to make it perfect. I felt so comfortable trusting them with my special day, I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. The whole weekend went off without a hitch, I am forever grateful to Arrow Park, Stephanie and Beth for creating such a special and memorable wedding weekend!!

Sent on 07/21/2016

dana · Married on 06/18/2016

Arrow Park is incredibly special. As a wedding venue we could not have asked for anything better. And better then the overall beauty that this place holds, Stephanie&Elsie are amazing to work with. From the moment we met Stephanie she was so kind, knowledgeable and has an overall calmness about her that is so nice to have around while planning a wedding. As soon as she took us around the grounds, we knew that Arrow Park was where we should be married. There are so many different areas of this property- the fun and beautiful lake, the breathtaking garden and the wonderfully maintained integrity of the original mansion. I feel honored to have been married here. Beyond the overall beauty and uniqueness of this property- the staff is great. Stephanie was the main contact that I dealt with for over a year of planning and she just got closer and closer to us. Not only did she never tire of my 20 random questions in a email on a Saturday, or asking to walk around the grounds for the 7th time just because I loved being there so much, she encouraged it! Stephanie wants you to be as comfortable in this space as everyone that has worked there. Stephanie made the whole process so easy and is also a great resource for advice- be it on local vendors or on day before decorating, no question is too small or too big for her.. she is really a lovely person. All in all - our wedding was perfect, getting ready in the mansion, the ceremony in the garden, cocktail hour in the mansion and then we used a tent for the reception. We also had a late night bonfire (offered by the friendly staff at Arrow Park) and were able to use the mansion the next day for brunch. Arrow Park exceeded our expectations and we could not be happier. Elsie&Stephanie were also very accommodating for special requests we had:) We have been married for 6 weeks now and still hear daily about how beautiful Arrow Park was. Thank you Stephanie & all of Arrow Park for making this day what is was, exceptional.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 11/05/2016

There is so much I want to say about Arrow Park and how wonderful it was to be married there. The grounds are gorgeous and haunting in autumn with so many opportunities to take unique photos. The mansion as well has tons of character we did bare minimum décor for centerpieces. The patio allowed our guests to take pictures with the dramatic landscape and was comfortable for socializing during cocktail hour. The view from the dining room in the house was insane watching the sunset while we sat down to eat. Once it was well into the evening the lighting was cozy and intimate. Arrow Park’s staff, Stephanie and Merry, were great to work with, very flexible with any thing that came up and were super helpful with suggestions. Our wedding day was perfectly chill and laid back just how we wanted it. Thank you!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Veronica · Married on 08/01/2015

Arrow Park was an amazing venue for a lot of reasons. The mansion is fabulous, the grounds are naturally lovely and there are so many opportunities to do great things & to make your wedding truly unique (and the photo opportunities are endless). We used everything: outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour in the mansion, reception in the Pavilion, and ended with a bonfire on the beach by the lake (our favorite). And we stayed in the mansion overnight which was very nice. The staff was really accommodating and open to all of our ideas during planning. We went through a change in management mid-way through our planning, which caused some confusion, but the new management (Elsie and Stephanie) were wonderful and made sure that all the details were covered. And the day of- the staff was amazingly attentive! As the bride I was amazed (and happy/grateful) at how much was taken care of without me even being involved!

Only cons: As someone who tends to procrastinate and/or forget to respond to correspondence, I could have used a little more prompting from our coordinators during the months of planning. Everything worked out fine, but some decisions ended up being made at the last minute simply because I didn't NEED to make the decision sooner. So I loved the freedom of not being hounded, but probably could have benefited from being hounded a little more. But every bride is different- just ask for which approach will work best for you.
    They could use more regular staff (regular staff is very small)- the day of we were told a bartender didn't show up & so it took a long time for people to get drinks (but not a big deal). We were also told that the kitchen in the Paviliion had issues so equipment may need to be updated. Also we had a bit of trouble with their alcohol vendor in terms of availability, so if you want anything specific order EARLY and make sure they follow-up.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Diana · Married on 04/22/2017

Where do I begin?... I had my wedding at Arrow Park this past April and my husband and I could not have made a better choice! From the very beginning, we knew planning a wedding in 10 weeks was going to be stressful, but Stephanie and the staff were incredible. Stephanie immediately set us up with local vendors and gave us plenty of recommendations to choose from. Not to mention, we booked Love and Rosemary as our caterer and were just BLOWN AWAY! I had no idea that this was by far the best decision we would have made. Albeit the downpours all morning, Stephanie, Kaitlyn, and Rocco kept the day so easy and effortless. Our guests raved about the Beautiful grounds, the Mansion, and the incredible food. Our overnight accommodations were icing on the cake! Everything was perfect, intimate, and romantic, just as I imagined. The party lasted through the next morning, with breakfast and mimosas, but the memories we created will last FOREVER! Thank you Arrow Park

Sent on 07/03/2017

Kristen · Married on 07/24/2016

3.5
      3.5

Arrow Park is such a unique and timeless location for a wedding! The architecture and landscaping are stunning and the perfect backdrop for an outdoor/indoor wedding. We had our ceremony outside in the beautiful gardens and inside the lodge. We had 70 guests which was just the right size to fit inside of the lodge instead of the pavilion. Our entire wedding party and close family were able to stay in the rooms in the lodge. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Having the house the whole night is such a great perk to having your wedding at Arrow Park. You don't have to rush your guests out or gather all of your belongings at the end of your wedding, when you are completely exhausted! In the morning we were able to sit out on the patio overlooking the lake and have breakfast with our friends and family. Our wedding was July 24th and it was 93 degrees. The lodge was extremely hot. Most of our guests were up and dancing anyway, but it could have been a hindrance to some. Aside from that, we will never forget the perfect setting that we picked for the most unforgettable day of our life! I absolutely recommend Arrow Park for a wedding or special event!

Sent on 10/16/2016

stephanie · Married on 05/20/2017

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

What we loved:
    The venue is stunning. We wanted a green, nature wedding and the location was perfect. We had our cocktail hour inside the mansion and reception in the pavilion.
    Jack, the person in charge of watching the venue overnight and helping with the event execution, is amazing. He helped make sure everything was on point and was the most helpful person we worked with. We didn't know much about Jack before we got to the venue but, in hindsight, he is probably the best asset this venue has.
    The rooms and overnight situation is great. We loved being able to stay in the house with friends and family. We also rented the bungalows out for the rest of the wedding party. Staying there the whole weekend made it extra special.

What to consider:
    As with the wedding industry in general, there are tons of extra fees for everything. We got a bonfire one night and that was $500. We were told last minute that there was a $200 fee to have wine served at the tables for dinner ("wine stewarding") even though we were already paying for the bartenders (I guess paying them to walk is extra). My favorite was the $1.5K catering fee that has since increased to $2.5K. We didn't love the in house caterer. We went with someone who has michelin star street cred and paid the extra venue fee. But we didn't know that the pavilion is actually missing any usable kitchen equipment. So in addition to paying the venue, we had to pay $1.5K to rent usable kitchen equipment. The kicker: the venue offered to let us rent their caterers food truck... for $2.5K. Wat.
    The venue offers a maitre d' with the booking but we felt she was meh (wasn't super on top of things, dropped some balls). Hire your own coordinator. In hindsight, this was the best money we spent. We hired Amy for cheap and she was amazing, email her directly amy@aehevents.com

TL:DR - beautiful place, extra fees for random stuff, DIY type of venue. Total was $60K for venue, extras + catering for 150 ppl.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Renee · Married on 05/29/2016

0.4
      0.5

Don't! One corridor had an "off and on" power failure before even half of our guests were in the rooms, and the representative tried to "blame" it on the use of curling irons and A/C. It was 92 degrees and humid that day, so they obviously are not prepared to service an event in the hot weather. The doorknob in my room fell off into my hand and the door was warped and did not completely close. They did have a man replace it, but the door still did not shut. The main dining room had insufficient portable a/c., causing us to close off part of the party area, and it was sweltering. The "sweetheart" table for the bride and groom collapsed when they were just starting to eat their dinner. We had to search for toilet tissue for many of the guest bathrooms. The cottages rented were not even ready when the guests arrived, windows nailed shut, not aired out even though we had arranged for an earlier check in previously with the event planner. The bonfire at the beach was a huge mistake!. The path to the beach was inadequately lit and unsafe and the bathrooms were NOT working. The bonfire was made of about three small logs and we were told they didn't have any more wood. It was as if no one expected a wedding that day. We did get a tiny rebate to reimburse the guests that left to book a local hotel room, and a gift certificate for a dinner to the bride and groom,(a month later), but too little - too late.

Sent on 07/10/2016