Army Navy Country Club

Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

ANCC made our wedding truly special. Our guests were coming up to us all night saying how beautiful the 5 Star Ballroom was and how great the food and service was. Rebecca Pipkins, the catering manager, is great! She is professional and answers all your questions quickly. Our wedding would not have been as special if it wasn't for the Army Navy Country Club. I loved the space and could not wait to have cocktail hour outside on the terrace overlooking DC but unfortunately it was very windy and we had cocktail hour indoors. I was pleasantly surprised by how great the upstairs landing and Fort Richardson room looked for our cocktail hour. They did an amazing job setting up all of the decor I brought in and helped put everything together for me at the end of the night. I highly recommend ANCC!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Truly outstanding. Rebecca and her staff go above and beyond, in every aspect. Even the vendor meals were top notch!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is no single word to describe how wonderful it was to have our wedding reception here. My family have used the Army Navy Country Club for many events but this was the first after they built their new clubhouse. It was like a fairy tale! We used the ballroom and the terrace, and they catered and provided bar service.The service is great, the food is consistently fantastic, the venue is beautiful, and they were so professional and easy to work with.They accommodated my mother's last minute requests, worked very well with my DJ, and were not fazed by the volume of the party or my family's shenanigans. Their staff are super professional and discreet, and were very flexible about the time frames we had set (and subsequently ignored). - All my friend's parents have told me my family has set the bar far too high for future weddings, but that's only because the ANCC is so darn good at what they do.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You have to communicate with the planning team by email - they are very hard to get by phone. That is the only reason to give 4 out of 5 stars. Otherwise, the work we had with ANCC was seamless. If I could give 6 stars for flexibility I would - we worked with the catering team to come up with a menu that fit within our budget, and came in under budget so we were able to splurge and rent the chivari chairs. (I highly recommend spending the extra $$ on the chivari chairs) ANCC includes linen and setup/takedown in the fee. The planning process was very detailed. The bridal party got dressed at the club, and the staff brought champagne to us. They had space set up for us to do hair & makeup. Though they were very particular about letting our homosexual male hairdressers in the dressing space (because it is located in the back of the women's locker room) they provided us a conference room and a mirror to do hair in a gender-neutral space. Parking and Valet is free. The setup is unmatched. We had to vacate the space by 11p and that was fine by me. They have done this before and have the routine down to a science. I highly recommend them for your ceremony, reception, and catering.

• Wedding: 05/18/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Army Navy Country Club, specifically Rebecca Pipkins and the catering staff was absolutely amazing to work with. They responded to every email, question and concern promptly and professionally and went above and beyond to ensure our reception was amazing. The new clubhouse is gorgeous with incredible views of DC and is the perfect setting for a wedding! Cannot thank you enough for everything you did Rebecca!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I got married here August 24th. The staff did an amazing job, particularly our beverage and catering manager, Rebecca Pipkins. She answered every little question we had in a friendly and prompt manner.

As for the space itself (5 star ballroom, balcony, and eagle hall) what can i really say? It's absolutely gorgeous. The staff is amazing and friendly as well. We got constant compliments from friends and family raving about how beautiful the wedding venue was.

If you're looking to get married and can use army navy country club I would definitely recommend it.

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The new clubhouse at ANCC is stunning! We held our ceremony and cocktail hour on the terrace and our reception in the ballroom and couldn't be happier with how everything looked.

The staff at the club is exceptional - Rebecca and everyone on her team were a pleasure to work with. We put a lot of thought into the menus for the cocktail hour, dinner and the bars and all of our requests were accommodated without any hassle. The chef even agreed to follow one of my family's most special recipes - I am especially grateful for that!

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The new Arlington facility is beautiful and the event coordinator, Rebecca is AMAZING. She had everything running smoothly on the day-of despite having to move the ceremony at the very last minute due to rain. The set-up was beautiful and everyone had a blast. She even brought my husband and I appetizers and drinks while we were waiting to be introduced by the DJ. Wonderful, wonderful venue.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Eileen and Rebecca - both were great and very resposive. They were flexible and accommodating, to the extent of what they could do at the Club. I had our ceremony on the rooftop and a cocktail hour in the Cocktail Porch; no reception in the ballroom. Due to an outdoor ceremony, Eileen reassured us with contingent weather plans. But, we didn't have to resort to them because we had beautiful sunshine. Catering was decent, and fairly priced. The service was great and they were very prompt to set up and clean up.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
stlee00
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The folks at the Army Navy Country Club in Arlington were extremely helpful. The catering/events department fulfilled many of the jobs a wedding coordinator would perform. They were flexible in allowing us to drop off reception items the day before. Questions were answered promptly. I highly recommend the Club for your event.

• Wedding: 08/11/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Barbara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cocktail hour and reception were fantastic. The ballroom at Army Navy has great "bones" that you can dress up however you want. It is an elegant space in an otherwise unremarkable building. We choose to bring in chairs, tablecloths and more. But what they have is standard. Army Navy also provided the catering. This was delicious and easy. The staff is fantastic. They are eager to please. We had a slip up with the cake -- the staff did not give out a slice of each flavor as directed. When I brought this to the club's attention after the event, they apologized and took the cake serving off the bill. They also had a terrific kids meal option of chicken fingers and fries at a reduced price from the adult meals. This was a huge hit (and relief) with the families at the wedding.

• Wedding: 02/17/2007
703-521-6800
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire