Arlen Music Productions Reviews

74 | Evanston, IL

74 Reviews for Arlen Music Productions

tara · Married on 10/27/2012

The decision to hire Indigo was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. They are well worth the expense. We were so impressed with Dan and the entire band. They were so accommodating and a dream to work with. They were wonderful musicians and really knew how to read the crowd. It felt like we were at a live concert; they are not your typical cheesy wedding band. We highly recommend Indigo!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Alan · Married on 09/29/2012

We are just about to leave for our honeymoon and I wanted to take a quick second to thank you and Indigo for putting on such an amazing show. Really from the start of the wedding during the ceremony the tone was set that this was going to be a fantastic night. Everything you guys did was perfect and we enjoyed every second. I loved the Call Me Al, Coldplay, even the Phish during dinner. You guys really killed it!! Thank you so much for everything you guys put into the night, you have a very wonderful band and it was even better than we expected. All of our friends have been telling us how great you guys were. If you are looking for a wedding band that will not quit and will give its all, look no further. We owe a majority of the energy created throughout the night to these guys. Dan Nicholson is the perfect band leader and is not one to take the spot light away from the happy couple. Would use them 10 times out of 10.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Kristin · Married on 09/29/2012

We hired Front of House for our wedding in Chicago this Fall and could not have been happier! They had performed at my sisters wedding a few years earlier so we knew how awesome they were but I think they've gotten even better since then! The dance floor was packed the entire evening and we got so many compliments from our guests. I don't think anyone sat down the entire evening and they had great transitions between songs so that there were no awkward pauses. David, the band leader was great to work with and was really easy-going about learning a few special songs for us. He was also great as a master of ceremonies and kept the night moving along very easily. The entire Arlen team was really easy to work with too and we didn't feel like we had to worry about anything leading up to our big day. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a high-energy and fun band to keep the dance floor full the entire night!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Elise · Married on 09/22/2012

This band is incredible....$$$$ but worth it. Dan Nicholson is the band leader of Indigo...which is
    the band we choose for our event. They are part of Alen Music in Chicago. Young, Hip beyond talented....made the night!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2012

We chose Entourage for our wedding, and they were magnificent! Professional, yet personable,I would highly recommend this band to anyone! Everyone loved the music and danced all night! We couldn't have done better, that's for sure.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Meredith · Married on 07/10/2011

The Ken Arlen Orchestra is, quite simply, the best in the business. There is simply no other private-event band that matches KAO in term of quality of sound, musicianship and performance. They will rock your world.

We worked with Ken to play at our wedding at Café Brauer and we could not have been more pleased with KAO. They can play such a broad range of music - blues, pop, klezmer, etc etc- and every song they pull off with high energy and total perfection. Ken is extraordinarily talented at "reading crowds," building energy and maintaining momentum throughout the entire night. Ken also took several of our special requests and performed them perfectly and flawlessly. All night (and ever since the big day), I kept hearing people rave about how amazing the band was.

If you want a wedding band that will truly "wow" your guests (and keep them on the dance floor all night) - KAO is the one. Of course, it does come at a price. For the best show in town, you do have to buck up a pretty penny. That said, I personally could not think of a better, or more important, place to splurge. Ken will deliver.

Sent on 12/15/2011

Carolyn · Married on 05/29/2011

Front of House played at our wedding and it was made the night into a fabulous evening. They sound so goo, that sometime I would forget that I was listening to a band! People are still giving us compliments a month later on Front of House. They were also extremely flexible and let me husband choose every song to be played during the wedding. But, if you want less work, they have a really good standard list that they can play from as well. If you can book them, get them!

Sent on 07/02/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2011

We went to Arlen Music and looked at several of the bands they manage. We knew what kind of sound/energy we were looking for and were drawn to 2-3 of their selections. After hearing Entourage perform at the Taste of Chicago, we decided they were exactly what we wanted. Anyways, they were perfect at both the ceremony and at the reception. We had three instrumental songs performed for the ceremony that were on the pop side and then at the reception, they killed it with motown, R&B and modern hits. Everybody loved them!

Sent on 12/23/2011

jennifer · Married on 04/23/2011

FRONT OF HOUSE WAS BEYOND AMAZING!! they had family members up and dancing that I didn't know knew how to dance. From every age range to music taste they played something for everyone!! All of their voices were even more amazing in person and my husband and i knew when we hired them they were great but we were blewn away by how good they were. They exceeded our expections!

Sent on 05/17/2011

jen · Married on 01/22/2011

Best part of my wedding hands down was Indigo. I had so many people come up to me and say that this was the best band they'd ever heard at a wedding. Dan was an amazing bandleader and I just had so much fun. And my parents absolutely loved them, too!

Sent on 05/11/2011

Justine · Married on 09/18/2010

My husband and I were EXTREMELY satisfied with the band Entourage! I have never witnessed so much talent, enthusiasm and professionalism on one stage! From the bottom of our hearts, we sincerely felt so honored to have Entourage perform on our wedding night! We saw some people on the dance floor that we have never seen dance before!

Hands down, Entourage absolutely was the main reason our wedding night was so unforgettable.

Sent on 12/27/2010

Maureen · Married on 09/17/2010

The Ken Arlen Orchestra (KAO) recently played at my wedding (in Sep'10) and words cannot describe how talented this group is! Music was one of my now-husband and my top priorities, so we did a ton of research on bands during the planning process. One of the things that stood out to me about the KAO was the fact that they were the only band that I spoke with that did not allow couples that were considering them to check them out at other weddings. I was really impressed with this as I would not want a random couple "crashing" my wedding to listen to the band. Instead, we listened to their samples on the website and then went in to the band's office to meet Ken and watched a video of a wedding they played at. We were floored when we walked out and decided that we needed this band at our wedding and wow, did we make the right choice! We met with Ken again soon before the wedding to discuss our musical tastes and I was so impressed with his attention to detail as he laid out a timeline for the night. The night of the wedding, the band literally made the party! We had the Sirens perform during dinner and they were spectacular! They added a comfortable, fun atmosphere to an elegant evening. Whe the orchestra came on. I honestly did not want to leave the dance floor for one song for fear I'd miss a second of their outstanding performance. They were so energetic and kept the dance floor packed all night. The highlight of the night for me and my husband was when Ken let my younger brother join the band on the guitar while they played "Sweet Home Chicago." I will never hear that song again without going back to that moment. The KAO is the absolute best wedding band in Chicago and I can't tell you how many notes and calls I received from guests after the wedding who felt the same way!

Sent on 11/08/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 04/11/2009

A little too expensive, but worth every penny! We had Front of House Band and all my guests danced and partied!

Sent on 05/04/2009

Ashley · Married on 09/13/2008

Indigo was amazing! Our dance floor was packed from the beginning to the end of the night! Toni was so easy to work with, they were willing to learn any songs that we wanted that was not on their playlist. We received so many compliments from our guests on the band and have had 3 of our guests ask for their information so they could book them for their wedding - I think that proves what a great band they really are!

Sent on 06/12/2009

Jean · Married on 08/12/2007

Indigo was awesome. Every song they performed sounded just like the original band recording. Toni, the band's leader, sat down with me a few weeks before the wedding to plan out the schedule for the entire day. She coordinated beautifully with the hotel and the kitchen staff to make sure the evening ran smoothly. The band was also willing to learn every song I wanted that wasn't on their play list, and they performed them well!

Sent on 10/20/2007

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2007

Indigo is amazing!! They helped to make our beautiful wedding into an incredible, fun, and loving event! They are all very talented and professional, and Toni's (the lead singer) abiltiy to read our crowd lead to an awsome party and an overly packed dance floor. We truly enjoyed working with them and recommend them with the highest regards.

Sent on 08/17/2008

David · Married on 06/09/2007

Ken and his orchestra were absolutely amazing. Ken's bands are the cream of the crop when it comes to Chicago wedding bands.

Sent on 06/09/2008

Terri · Married on 05/29/2005

Let me just preface this review by sayig that they played at the Bush inaugural ball 4 years ago...whether we like Bush or not that is impressive. Ken is a master at his art. His musicians are all excellent and professional. I have never heard a band play some songs so true to their original sound, it was scarry. Ken is a perfectionist, and a visionary. He sees music in everything, and is wonderful at helping pick out key songs for the wedding. You will not be dissappointed.

Sent on 11/06/2008

We are still on a high after such a great night of music, dancing, and performances by Entourage of Arlen Music Productions.
    First, let me start with David Young’s control of the evening. PERFECT. David is such a talented musician, but very importantly for a wedding, a seasoned Emcee. He has such an engaging personality with a ready smile that lights up the room and he is so ready to please: LOVED HIM! He was able to make our wedding a truly fun evening without stress by keeping us all on schedule with speeches, blessings, and special toasts flowing smoothly throughout the night.
    From the start of the party at 7pm, David was able to get our crowd dancing to current music and not a single table sat back to just watch. Our guests were even aware of this and many came to comment about how enjoyable Entourage was making the reception. The dance floor was always full, everyone was dancing at one time or another, and all age groups seemed excited to be dancing to the music selections. And not only was David able to keep the music in high gear, but he was also so adept at not drawing all the attention on himself. He did not make our wedding a concert, at least not at the beginning, and he clearly made the families and the Bride and Groom the center of attention.
    But let me also mention David Young and Entourage’s musical abilities. The Bride was initially concerned during the planning stage, because we refused one thing to her, and that was we were not going to have a DJ. She felt that the music from a live band would not be hip and new enough to keep her younger crowd happy. But, at the end of the night, both our daughter and our new son-in-law came up to us individually and told us it was the BEST wedding either had ever attended. So many guests told us the same. All the Entourage musicians played important roles in making our night spectac

Sent on 06/17/2013

Margaret · Married on 12/29/2012

SKYLINE = THE VERY BEST
    We are still recovering from our 12/29/12 wedding with Skyline, because we had so much fun. From the very first interaction with Arlen Music, it was evident that they knew how to put on a fabulous event. They listened to our requests, understood our budget, and put us at complete ease. We had a fairly big group of our closest friends and family, 275, and wanted to make sure every single person could enjoy the music, which they did. Caitlin, who I just adore, made sure that the night flowed perfectly and made our guests feel special with her MC skills. The group not only played such a WIDE variety, from The Band, Temptations, Rihanna, Grateful Dead, but timed the songs so well that it kept the dance floor absolutely packed the entire evening. If you are looking for a professional, sweet, compassionate, talented group of people, here they are. They made our wedding one that we will never forget, and many of our friends are stating was the "most fun they've ever had at a reception, EVER."

Sent on 01/03/2013

gregory · Married on 04/20/2013

Entourage rocks! Band leader D. Young and his group hit it out of the park at our daughter's wedding (manganaro-smith) april 20 at the pfister hotel in milwaukee.

the group played for just more than 3 hours--nonstop! the dance floor was packed every single minute. what a great blend of music, too... nothing schmaltzy like "YMCA" and those stale wedding staples. as a bonus, mr. young welcomed one of the church musicians, chuck smith, uncle of groom michael manganaro, to bring his trombone up to play. chuck loved every single minute of it, and it looked to me like the band was thrilled to have him up there with them.

i have never heard such a fantastic wedding band before, ever. many people i am hearing from are saying the exact same thing. what a talented bunch. and also very personable. mr. young handled the MC duties superbly and with much class.

the entire day was so memorable. in fact, the bar was raised pretty high come 9 p.m., but entourage only made the entire ceremony that much more special and memorable. what a group!

i highly recommend this band to play at any event, especially weddings. please thank mr. young and the band members. we will forever sing their praises and we will never forget the energy, passion, fun, and total class they brought to all of us on one of the best days of our lives! god they were good!

gregory m. and judy k. smith

Sent on 04/30/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/08/2010

I used Arlen's 8 person band Entourage for my wedding after seeing their larger band perform at a friends wedding. I will say that the performances of their bands are fantastic across the board and that you are in good hand no matter which band you work with.

However, I am partial to Entourage for their amazing range of music, polished sound, and professional yet fun band leader David. He was such a pleasure to work with in preparation of the wedding and really energized the dance floor at the reception. I would highly recommend working with Arlen Music Consultants to any bride

Sent on 05/26/2010

We used Front of House from Arlen Music for our wedding. They were a bit expensive, but everyone raved about the band after our wedding. They did an amazing job! The only thing I would warn about is asking them to learn a song. We were told that we just needed to tell them ahead of time and they would learn our song, so I gave them months notice and it was obvious that they didn't know the song well enough to perform it on the day of our wedding. It wasn't a huge deal, but just a heads up for future brides. Other than that, all three singers were amazing - didn't miss a note. We also used two violins and a piano for our ceremony and cocktail hour and it was just beautiful.

Sent on 10/08/2012

julie · Married on 12/13/2003

4.2
      3.5

Indigo was a great band; a lot of fun, excellent singers, classy band. I would definitely recommend them as a band for your wedding! Toni was lovely, as was the rest of the band!

Sent on 11/21/2007