56 Reviews for Arizona Wedding Pastors

56 Arizona Wedding Pastors Reviews

3.2

We met with Mark a few times before the wedding and even did some premarital counseling with him. I had pretty specific ideas of what I wanted the ceremony to be and he just didn't do it. :( Super nice guy and everyone else thought he was great, but he really did not listen to what we wanted. My husband and I are spiritual but not religious so we explained that we did not want anything about Jesus. Toward the end of the ceremony, Mark unexpectedly busted out the classic Corinthians wedding Bible verse! (If there was going to be a verse I definitely didn't want the most overused verse in the Bible!) We also explained that we wanted to include a "community vow of support" and he didn't do it. We did a lot of repeating after him--I don't even know what we said! We were in a spot where we just need to find someone to officiate but I really wish we could've gone with someone we knew instead of someone who seemed to make our ceremony generic and SO short (about 15 minutes which included a song!)

Profile Picture User2432655, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor John Schaeffel was the first officiant we met with in our search. He immediatley made an impact on us by how thorough he was in his questoning to understand who we were and how we met. He was very easily approachable on any subject reguarding the wedding and was flexible with anything we wanted to add, remove or alter for our ceremony. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a pastor or officiant. Thank you Pastor John....

Profile Picture James, 5/19/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I aren't regular churchgoers, but it was important to us to have a spiritual officiant for our ceremony. We met with Pastor John and instantly felt very comfortable around him. He is a kind and gentle soul who takes great pleasure in the love that makes both a wedding and a marriage -- and it shows.

Pastor John let us take the lead in shaping our personalized wedding ceremony, and we're glad we used him.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/12/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I chose Pastor John Schaeffel as our officiant. We do not belong to a church so we had to do some research for this type of vendor. John had good reviews and a fair price so we scheduled a meeting. John gives off such a kind vibe; a genuinely good person. During the initial meeting, he really took the time to get to know who we were and what were looking for. He accepts people as they are and constructs a ceremony for the couple accordingly. We met with John once more so that he could ask us more detailed questions about our love story. He sent us a draft of the ceremony and was more than ok with the request for a few changes. He did a great job on the day of the wedding. Since he takes the time to get to know his couples and really gets into his work, he even became somewhat emotional at one point. During the reception, so many of our guests came up to us and said what a nice job John did and asked how long we've known him. They were shocked to hear that we had only known him for a short time. He made us feel comfortable and spoke about us as if he had known us for years. I would definitely recommend giving John a call.

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/5/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor John was absolutely amazing - all across the board! Everything you could want for the perfect ceremony. He is incredibly professional, always answered emails/questions in a timely manner. He provided a thorough offering of information, and helped create the perfect, personalized ceremony.

Our first meeting with him, we could tell right away that he was the right officiant for us - personable, warm, kind, and humble - all the qualities we wanted to be expressed in our ceremony. He sent us a variety of material to help us decide on how our ceremony should play out - and he took the time to get to know us, the things that are important and exemplify who we are as a couple, in order to create a ceremony that our guests could relate to.

And though a ceremony as perfect as the one Pastor John delivered is priceless to us, I will say, he is incredibly reasonably priced - especially for the service he provided, and the amount of attentiveness - I feel it was well worth and more!

You absolutely can not go wrong with Pastor John!!!

Profile Picture Rhiannon, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews
2.0

Pastor John is a very nice man and after reading the great reviews here we booked him for our April 15th wedding. I feel like maybe he was just a little off his game for our wedding.

I had to repeatedly ask him to follow the layout we wanted for our ceremony. The day of the wedding he did perform an OK ceremony. it still after all our conversations was not what we had asked him to do. My husband really had it in his heart for him to say you may now kiss the bride. We had to continually ask him to say this instead of his standard verse when i would ask for copies of our ceremony layout. In one of the layouts he sent me called me a whole different name through the ceremony. On our day he said what he wanted to say not what we had asked of him. It really did bother my husband because it was really sentimental to him to hear the you may now kiss the bride in our wedding. He also mispronounced my middle name rena which is quite easy to say. He was late to our rehearsal said he had almost ran out of gas.

The day before our wedding he lost our payment. He spoke to my husband about it who told him to recheck his paperwork. He than sent a text message to both of our phones saying we didn't pay and demanding payment. I called Pastor john and told him how i had a copy of the check i could bring him to show from my bank statements where he had cashed the check back in January. he than found the check after he said he checked his other records. Which in my opinion he should of checked before he brought it up to us. It really breaks my heart to have to write a not so nice review because he is really nice but i have to be honest.

Profile Picture kiasha, 4/15/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so blessed to find such a wonderful Pastor to officiate our wedding ceremony. Pastor Schaeffel made us feel as if we were members of a parsonage in the way he worked with us on our ceremony plans. He responded promptly to our online request for an officiant and was available to meet with us whenever we asked. He took a tremendous amount of time and effort to get to know who we really are. Our friends and family all said that the ceremony was so spiritual, with a "Zen" like feel to it. We couldn't have asked for more!

Profile Picture Cecilia, 4/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

After interviewing several officiants, my husband and I could not be happier with ultimate decision of choosing Pastor John to perform our wedding ceremony. With his help, we were able to create the very personalized and intimate ceremony we had envisioned. From our initial meeting, to our follow up, to the actual wedding day, John was warm, helpful and an overall pleasure to work with. Following the ceremony, many of our guests commented on how great of an officiant we had chosen. Many thanks to Pastor John for his role in our special day.

Profile Picture Kara, 3/31/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor John was AMAZING! He took the time to meet with us on a few different occasions to really get to know us. He wanted to hear all about our relationship so that he could custom write our vows. We didn't want just the standard stuff, and didn't feel quite up to writing our own. He prepared a rough draft and sent it over for our approval, and was quick to make any adjustments we requested. We would HIGHLY recommend him. Very personable and all our guests had nothing but great things to say about our ceremony!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 3/24/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor John, performed our ceremony for Roy and I in our home, with our Family as wittness. We felt as though Pastor John and his wife Nancy were part of our family! Pastor went out of his way to meet with us and take notes on how we met and our story of our journey to this day! I can't begin to tell you how special he delivered our vows and how my family enjoyed his thoughtful words and how special he made Roy and I feel in reaching a new journey from this day forward. I would highly recommend him as he was compassionate, kind, and on time and felt like I've known him my whole life. Thank You Pastor John for such wonderful words you delivered.

Profile Picture Jill, 12/31/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor John conducted an amazing ceremony for us on Christmas Eve of 2011. We were comfortable with him from our very first meeting, as he was incredibly kind and helpful, and more importantly, he took an interest in getting to know "us." My family and friends had nothing but nice things to say about Pastor John, to include my 80 year old grandmother, who asked him for his business card after the ceremony!

Words cannot describe how happy and grateful we were to have found Pastor John and have him as our wedding officiant. He put together a wonderful ceremony that was perfectly tailored to our needs. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant, including any of our family, friends, or colleages who may be getting married in the future. Thanks again Pastor John, we appreciate everything you did for us, and for making us feel so comfortable!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 12/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were so happy with the services that Arizona Wedding Pastors provided it was a dream come true! We were both skeptical about having someone we didn't know be in charge of the most important aspect of our wedding but right in the beginning Pastor John Schaeffel put us at ease. Not only did he get to know us but he also made sure to include us in every step of the way while writing our wedding ceremony. We were able to edit the ceremony multiple times until we felt like it was the perfect ceremony for us. Also on our wedding day Pastor John Schaeffel was fabulous! Even during the ceremony he was kind and incredibly thoughtful we could not have asked for a more wonderful experience and officiant thank you so much for making our dreams come true!

Profile Picture User2183715, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We met with Pastor John and had an immediate connection. It took a little time to nail down their availablity, but once it was set...it was easy!

He gave us a multitude of resources to pick from and even allowed us to change different parts of the ceremony by taking a little from here and a little from there.

We got the ceremony, written, to review ahead of time and it was exactly what we asked for.

Thank you Pastor John!

Profile Picture carissa, 12/10/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor John Schaeffel performed our wedding ceremony in December 2011. He was incredibly helpful, flexible, and very easy to work and had the utmost integrity. Pastor John was able to capture the love and sincereity of our ceremony in his kind and compassionate words. We give him our highest recommendation! Thank you for making our special day even more wonderful!

Profile Picture Trina, 12/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

John Schaeffel is everything his bio says about him. I feel blessed by having John perform our wedding ceremony. My daughter said that John was one of the "nicest" men she had ever met. If we had to do it all over again, I won't have changed a thing.

Profile Picture Brad, 11/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor John was excellent. Me and my now wife were both raised going to church, but with different religious backgrounds and do not currently attend a local church, but we both wanted a ceremony with some basic Christian values, but at the same time not overly preachy. Pastor John met with us a few times as well as numerous email exchanges and we fine tuned our ceremony into what both me and my wife wanted. He came to our meetings prepared with excerpts of bibal passages as well as other readings that he has used in past ceremonies. We incorporated a mix of his readings, with some that we found, and added in a bit of a "how we met" section which livened up the ceremony quite a bit.

He is truly interested in your background and what makes you tick as a couple. The more info you provide to him, the better your ceremony will be.

He was very flexible, easy to work with, and completely non judgemental about any of our ideas. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a respectable professional officiant.

Profile Picture Tammie, 11/5/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Debbie and I wanted to thankyou for being a part of our lives and helping us to start the new chapter in our lives as Husband and Wife.Your services were perfect in every way and I am glad that you were a great match for our special night. We couldn't have found a more perfect person! Thankyou once again Pastor John! Randy Stubbs

Profile Picture Randy, 10/22/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor John was just what we were looking for for our wedding ceremony. He is extremely professional, while being incredibly friendly at the same time. He took the time to meet with us right after we contacted him in order to get to know us, and make sure that he could design a personalized ceremony just for us. He replies to voicemails and emails very promptly, and he is very flexible if you want to change something, or do not want something included in your ceremony. We would highly recommend Pastor John and the AZ Wedding Pastors for your event!!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/15/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I searched high and low for just the right officiant to perform our wedding ceremony. Not anyone would do. My husband and I have been together for 7 1/2 years and engaged for 6, so this marriage was a definite celebration and true labor of love. It would take someone very special to understand that, respect it, and celebrate it with us.

I pored over the officiants here on WW, reading review after review. When I found Pastor John I knew he was the one. To my delight he was also available on our wedding day. He cared enough about us to meet with us early on in the planning stages in an attempt to get to know us as a couple. We also completed the Prepare-Enrich survey and met with him a few times to discuss the results which provided us with some extremely helpful relationship and communication tools.

Pastor John is a wonderful, warm, sincere and kind-hearted man of God. He truly cares for people. He has a rare gift of not only listening but hearing, understanding, and responding. He is very intuitive and oftentimes knew what I was saying even when I couldn't put it into words myself.

He created a most beautiful ceremony for us and executed it with perfection. The elements were heartfelt and meaningful and reflective of us as a couple. Our guests are still commenting on what a beautiful ceremony we had.

Throughout the planning process he was very responsive, courteous and respectful. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him and would most definitely recommend him to other couples without hesitation.

Thank you Pastor John and your lovely wife Nancy, from the bottom of my heart! I hope our relationship doesn't end where the marriage began.

Profile Picture User1381549, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor John was so amazing at our wedding! He really made our ceremony special and personalized. When you first meet him you know right away he genuinely cares about the happiness of his couples. He spent time getting to know us and even met with us the week before the wedding to help ease my ceremony jitters! We couldn't have asked for a better pastor for our special day : )

Profile Picture Maria, 10/8/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We planned our wedding on rather short notice - less than a month ahead. We found Arizona Wedding Pastors' website and both felt it might be a good choice. After speaking with John, we were certain it was the right choice.

John visited with my husband and me as if he had all the time in the world for us. As it turned out, he is an excellent listener. From a couple of conversations, he drew insights about us both individually and as a couple. He wove his observations seamlessly into our ceremony, which helped to make it both personal and warm. The ceremony was particularly intimate since we were married at home, with only a small group of friends and relatives.

My husband and I are --- well --- a "mature" couple. We wanted our service to be informal yet dignified, and we had a mixed marriage to boot. When I learned my 86-year-old Jewish aunt would be in attendance, I asked John to be especially sensitive about use of Christian terms and/or reference to the New Testament. John handled this beautifully. Our ceremony was complimented by all, and a beautiful memory for my husband and me.

Profile Picture Barbara, 10/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

To anyone who is looking at this post PICK JOHN SCHAEFFEL!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET YOUR DECISION!!!

Our officiant was John Schaeffel. He was truly amazing, he personalized our wedding ceremony to who me and my husband are as a couple. It was sweet/funny and emotional, everything we asked for and more! He was always available all the time (email and in person) and so flexible with our work schedules. I am a dental assistant so I was ever hardly on time or able to do certain, but he worked around it and he truly did turn our "i do's into happily ever after." John is so patient.. Our DJ who ran 45 mins late the DAY OF the wedding and John just kept calm and made everything relaxed and he was a good sport when our best made forgot to take out the rings of their boxes before giving them to John haha, it was so funny and a little in the way, but John didn't let it affect him and through the whole ceremony he had a wonderful smile on his face. I just will NEVER forget my ceremony. This company is a 5 star for sure and I am so glad my husband and I went to John. Thank you John sooo much for everything you did for us! I cant wait to start my life with my husband and our daughter! Thank you a million!!

Profile Picture Samanatha, 9/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I are very grateful to have John as our officiant. He created a beautiful ceremony for us and executed it perfectly. I had many guests who spoke highly of him and loved how he conducted our ceremony. We always felt comfortable meeting with John and he strived to know us on a personal level so that our ceremony was unique. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of an officiant. He took care of all of our paperwork after we were married and we know he truly cared about our special day. Thank you John!

Profile Picture User1343110, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

With less than a month to prepare, I found your website and asked if there was a minister available. We had decided on the date of 9-10-11. I thought for sure that date would be fully booked but much to my delight I got a call from Pastor Mark Grisham. He was available and ready to make our wedding a very special event. This is a second marriage for both of us so we wanted the most simple wedding possible. Pastor Mark was wonderful! We spoke on the phone a couple times and he asked me questions to make sure that he would prepare the perfect ceremony and he did just that! I had never heard the vows that we said before and they were so beautiful. I would highly recomment Pastor Mark to officiate your wedding. He is personable and will make your special day unique and yours! He did for us! Thank you so much Pastor Mark for making our wedding day perfect! Kimberlee & Tim

Profile Picture Kimberlee, 9/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Arizona Wedding Pastors was phenomenal!! They helped to customize our wedding ceremony in order to provide us with exactly what we wanted our ceremony to be.The Pastor was very detail oriented, friendly and helpful. I would recommend Arizona Wedding Pastors to any couple getting married.

Profile Picture Nachelle, 8/20/11, 2 Reviews