Aristide | Mansfield Reviews

Aristide | Mansfield 5
Aristide | Mansfield 6
Aristide | Mansfield 7

Ann · Married on 04/16/2016

Their venues are to die for. Each location was absolutely breathtaking, but specifically ours was the best for us! They made the process of choosing a venue quick and easy. Kristen from Aristide was especially wonderful!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Aristide | Mansfield's reply:

Ann, We are thrilled to hear you love our venues, especially Aristide - Mansfield! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful, and we loved being part of it! We're so happy you had a wonderful experience with our staff! We wish you all the best in your marriage! - Aristide - Mansfield Management

lauren · Married on 10/17/2015

I recently got married and had my reception here. I thought that it was just gorgeous! The grounds were just beautiful and the inside was breathtaking. They were all very helpful and accommodating to my needs. They answered emails quickly and let me come visit as many times as I needed to and to show my family the place. They try to make it as easy as possible to get it all done just the way you want it. The pictures taken here turned out beautiful. My favorite part..the bridal room! I could live in there! It really helped to make the day more special. This is a wonderful place to get married with the lovely place as well as the helpful staff.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Lauren,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our Venue. We were absolutely thrilled you were married at Aristide. We loved every moment of your wedding and can not wait to see the beautiful photographs! We wish you and yours the very best. - Aristide Management
  • User4119178 · 2+ years ago

3.0

This venue is beautiful, the whole wedding was like a dream come true. There is nothing we would have changed about our venue. We had an outdoor wedding, with an indoor reception, and everything was perfect! I'd definitely recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Traci · Married on 06/22/2013

Aristide is a beautiful facility! The grounds are well landscaped and do not need any additional decoration. It made for a lovely backdrop for my wedding pictures. It is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. The service is very good and the waitstaff took very good care of my guests.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Natally · Married on 06/25/2016

3.5

So far, my wedding planning has been incredibly easy because of the responsiveness of their staff. I can't wait until the day gets here and all my dreams come true. Thanks Aristide.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Hi Natally!

We are so excited for your upcoming wedding! Everything is going to be absolutely beautiful and we can't wait. Thanks for the kind words about our staff and venue!

- Aristide Management

Ashley · Married on 10/21/2017

3.5

This place requires little to no decoration which helps with the cost. It is rather expensive, but stunningly beautiful. They do have an in-house caterer with great food options. Be aware that if you choose an outside caterer they will charge you 700$. You get a day of coordinator with the package and that is a blessing, but she was missing during bits of the reception. All in all, well worth the money spent. It is very memorable, not just to us but our guests. All anyone could talk about is how beautiful it was. They also have a sound system that you can use to play music from a phone or ipod. Saves money on a dj.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Alesha · Married on 06/24/2016

3.0

This place is BEAUTIFUL and is kind on the pocket (depending on the day and time of your event). The only drawbacks are the flexibility (no refunds PERIOD with the exception of the security deposit and when you book an outside vendor, there is an extra $700 you have to pay :( ) and I wish they offered a bit more for the value that you are paying for the place. It helps to get married on a weekday. However, I would definitely recommend this beautiful venue to my friends.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Aristide | Mansfield's reply:

Thank you so much for saying our Venue is beautiful! We have a phenomenal preferred caterer who provides staffing, china and prepares fresh food on-site. We have an outside catering fee for other caterers to come in and use our kitchen. Thank you for recommending Aristide to your friends! We hope to see you back as a guest! - Aristide Management

4.2

Let me start off saying that the Aristide is BEAUTIFUL! I mean from the moment I saw their pictures on the website, I knew! When I walked in, TL Davis greeted me with a huge smile and I just felt at peace.

This is a beautiful venue- no doubt. TL wasn't able to see me down the aisle, and we were changed to Whitney, three months before the wedding. Whitney did take care of us.
    Always double and triple check each proposal closer to the end. I did find that some numbers changed to a higher price, but once I mentioned it, it was switched back.

Overall, great experience at Aristide. My wedding turned out to be a party, and so much more fun than even I expected!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Nina,

Thank you so much for the kind words about Aristide! We loved getting to be a part of your special day! We are so happy to hear that you loved the staff as much as you loved the beauty of the venue. At Aristide we strive for excellent customer service and we are happy we achieved that for you. We wish you and your husband the best in your marriage!

Best Wishes,
    Aristide Event Center Management

Annette · Married on 02/17/2014

4.2

This place is so incredibly beautiful and fun for a wedding! All of our guests were so impressed with how beautiful and perfect Aristide is! My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and wonderful day at Aristide! Cheryl did an amazing job providing day of services. I highly recommend this venue and her services!!

Sent on 03/26/2014
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 10/26/2012

3.5

While searching for a venue in the Dallas area, I was very picky. But when I went to Aristide, it took my breath away! The whole facility is amazingly beautiful! We were working with a budget and honestly took care of us. We were able to have a beautiful wedding there and it was alot less expensive than other venues in Dallas we had looked at. The owners and general manager is so nice & genuine, great customer service. They made a lot of different accomodations for me and I appreciated that. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 01/10/2013

Kathleen · Married on 04/12/2012

1.5

The venue is gorgeous. Some things I was charged for that I felt should have been included, like dessert plates and forks and an extra tablecloth for $20.00 for a Candy Bar, but I really love the venue overall. It is some what expensive, but a definite place if you want full service and elegance.

Sent on 04/10/2013

Kelby · Married on 06/03/2016

4.2

Our wedding at Aristide Event Center-Mansfield on June 3rd, 2016 was incredible!! Not being from the area and having just moved here, wedding planning was a bit overwhelming to start. However, it got so much easier when I found this beautiful venue for our June 3rd, 2016 wedding! From the moment we pulled into the parking lot, I fell in love. I immediately loved that this venue was set back from the road, giving it a secluded feel and adding to the atmosphere.

When we walked inside, we were met by kind employees who were more than willing to help meet our needs. The ballroom was gorgeous, as were the beautiful steps outside. The moment I saw the Bride’s Room and Groom’s Room, I was sold!!

The staff was incredibly helpful when planning, quick to answer questions and requests. The day of my wedding, the staff truly saved the day! There was a small summer shower just 20 minutes before our large outdoor wedding. The staff from Aristide and the catering staff from Oliver’s (their preferred caterer) helped to wipe out seats so that our guests would be comfortable and dry during the ceremony! Now THAT is service!! Our assigned coordinator for the event, Renee, even had a much-needed glass of water for us waiting as soon as we walked back down the aisle. The little details are important to this venue, and that is what helps to put the service over the top.

I would more than recommend this beautiful venue, not only for the incredibly beautiful grounds, ballroom, and wonderful “Old World” atmosphere, but for the kind and friendly staff! We had our perfect, fairytale wedding here and the success of the day is largely contributed to everyone at Aristide!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Aristide | Mansfield's reply:

Kelby, Thank you so much for saying such amazing things about Aristide - Mansfield! It is wonderful to hear you had such a fantastic experience with our staff and venue! Those little details are extremely important to us, and we are thrilled they helped make your day magical! The backdrop behind your head table was gorgeous! We loved it! We wish you and Jake a lifetime of happiness! - Aristide - Mansfield Management

Carlyn · Married on 10/14/2011

3.8
      3.5

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Aristide! This place is phenomenal and everything we ever dreamed of! Aristide was very flexible with times and changing things I needed last minute. We were very happy with everything but occasionally it seemed that whoever was in charge of writing up payments and breaking things down for us was a bit slow and unclear. All in all we were happy with the venue and that's what made our day perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2011
  • Quynh

Quynh · Married on 10/06/2012

3.4
      3.0

The venue is absolutely beautiful! Their service could definitely step it up a notch to go along with the beautiful space.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2018

3.4

Pros and Cons

My review has both the good and the bad. These are things that maybe to others are obvious but to an excited bride, were not so obvious to me. The beautiful building and gardens resembles an Italian chateau. It has a large ballroom chandelier. Unfortunately to have a slide show or movie of the bride and groom the chandelier must be removed prior to the big event. The front steps look great in photos and allow for many guest to attend. There is an outside covered pavilion. There is an outside fire place area suitable for a small gathering. If the weather is too hot, too cold, or raining, there is no formal inside place to get married. There is no inside staircase. There is a ballroom with tables but no isle for the bridal walk. You are not allowed to attach a roll out walkway for the bride for an inside wedding. You are not allowed to bring in your own alcohol even for the wedding toast. If alcohol is served at all, a police officer must be hired along with a fee. The price of alcohol is high. You are required to use their staff to serve the alcohol at an extra expense. The laws regarding alcohol differ per city limits, outside city limits, as well as different counties. Several of my friends got married at different venues and were able to hire there own caterers and bring in their own alcohol without paying any penalties. Don't believe anything from Aristide unless it's in writing. Don't assume you get what you see when viewing Aristide photos. (the photos have since been removed) There are NO SPARKLERS allowed even though their site had photos of a couple at night with sparklers. When questioning Aristide after locked into the contract, they stated the photo was taken when under different management. Also, forget the flower girl dropping flower petals, they aren't allowed. This venue (Mansfield) requires you to use their caterers unless you are willing to pay a large penalty to use an outside caterer. If you add gold table cloths or any "extras" they aren't refundable even if you ended up not using them. Black table clothes are included. There is a lovely bridal suite for the bride to put on her dress. No alcohol is allowed in bridal suite. When asked about time allowed for bride and bridal party to get ready in bridal suite, I was told it was expected to have all makeup and hair done ahead of time. There is no place for a makeup artist or hair stylist to assist bridal party. There isn't an obvious place for the get away car or carriage outside front steps. As far as the contract, don't assume it is a standard contract. I signed the contract at an Aristide open house. It was busy and everything was rushed. I was told I should book while space was still available. If you sign up with this venue, make sure you know what you are signing. Take time to go over every detail of the contract including the end of the contract and fine print. I suggest talking to a knowledgeable friend who has booked a venue previously to help you understand what you are signing. Once you sign, there is no changing the date or time. Unlike my friends wedding, my venue time was short. Extra time can be purchased. You are locked into the entire amount of the entire venue plus any "extras" even if your wedding is postponed or cancelled. The entire cost is due prior to the wedding date. There are NO VENUE REFUNDS other than your $300 damage deposit. You can buy wedding insurance but it is limited in what it will cover. Another words, make sure this is the correct venue for you and your future spouse before you commit. I hope this helps and best wishes to you.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Kelsey · Married on 07/07/2018

2.5
      2.0

Upon touring Aristide Mansfield, I fell in love. The grounds were beautiful, and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. After having my reception with 250 guests, I would not recommend this venue to any bride hosting a reception for more than 200 people. Throughout the 6 months that I spent planning with Aristide, I had three different event coordinators assigned to me. This led to miscommunication and inconsistencies with rules, prices, my contract, etc. For example, changes I had made to my contract with one coordinator was not passed on to the next and then became my responsibility to catch these mistakes in my final details meeting. Two weeks before my wedding, my final bill ended up being a few thousand dollars more than my original quote because of the rule changes. After many phone calls and emails, management corrected these mistakes, however, this added unnecessary stress in the final weeks before my wedding. My next complaint about this venue was the bar service. We paid the full price for both bars to be open and were told there would be adequate staff to serve all 250 guests. This was not the case. I had multiple guests approach me after my reception about how long the bar lines were and how frustrating it was to wait so long for drinks. I was told the staff could not keep up by multiple different guests. At my final details meeting, my outside wedding planner asked my event coordinator if we could pay an additional fee to have the wait staff pass drinks during cocktail hour to avoid long bar lines. The Aristide staff told us that they were “unable to accommodate that request” with no explanation. The food was also served late. I did not think the Aristide staff was helpful during the reception. Overall, the venue is absolutely beautiful, however, the coordinating and planning staff were very difficult to work with and the wait staff could not keep up with 250 guests. After how much we paid, I expected better quality and more professional service.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Aristide | Mansfield's reply:

Hi Kelsey, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that you feel this way. We would be happy to discuss your concerns and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

Dalinda · Married on 06/08/2012

1.0

While Aristide Event Center is a beautiful facility and the people there are nice, I would not recommend this place if your looking for a hassle-free wedding. Things started off on the wrong foot with Aristide, and it continued until after the wedding. We had to call them to set up every planning meeting and there was a period of at least six weeks where we never heard from them. When I complained and said something about that, I was told that because we were only using their facility as our "venue and nothing more" then there was no reason to be in contact with us. It is true, that we used them as our venue and did not use their other services 1) because we had family who could meet our printing needs, 2) we had a family friend in the floral business, and 3) their cake representive was half to double the amount of the bakery we used. So, if that makes us wrong for using our resources, then we take the blame for that. On the day of the rehersal, Aristide's planner was not (which was okay with us since we had our own planner) but, the building was locked when we were told that it would be open. We had an outdoor wedding, so there was not an urgent need to get in the building, however it would have been nice for the wedding party to have at least gotten familiar with the inside incase of rain. On the day of the wedding, while we were setting up, Aristide either 1) booked several parties to tour the place, or 2) just took tours as people stopped in and asked. We were told in the beginning that we had the building that day, and that nothing else would have been scheduled. These tours went into the brides changing room as well as the grooms room. When we asked Aristide about this later, they said that it was because we had gone in 3 hours earlier to set up than normal. But what they forgot was they told us because of all the trouble we had experienced, then we could go early for our setup.

I could go on and on about other issues we had, and Aristide said that all this doesn't normally happen and that we were the only family that all these issues, but if you planning your wedding and you want it to be the day you've always dreamed about, I suggest you do your homework and see what else is available. In the end, we were told, well, at least there wasn't another wedding planned for that day, and to "have a good life!" No customer skills whatsoever!

Sent on 06/19/2012

dina · Married on 11/16/2018

0.6
      0.5

Just like many, the first thing I did was read reviews and visit this venue. BUT PLEASE BE WARNED! DO NOT BOOK THIS VENUE. They are not willing to work with you nor even try to communicate correctly. There is no communication between the staff. I booked this venue so excited and happy to have my wedding there but I WAS SO WRONG! AFTER I SIGNED THE CONTRACT, everyone took back every word they told me. THEIR contact is so strict and unreasonable. My Venue total came out to over 9k and all I wanted to do was take out additional hours because after I’ve started planning I realized I don’t need them! The contact doesn’t mention anything at all about taking out your add on’s but they will do anything to keep you stuck in their contact. I already know what their response will be to this review “this is what you wanted, you wanted to cancel; we cancelled all further payments” YES YOU DID CANCEL ALL FURTHER PAYMENTS BUT YOUR HOLDING MY DEPOSIT FOR A VENUE I WANTED TO HAVE MY WEDDING AT. Now I have to look for a completely different venue, not enough time! Because you are not willing to work with your customers! DONT BE FOOLED BY THE WAY THIS VENUE LOOKS, THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Hi Dina,
    We sincerely apologize that you feel this way about our venue. We are happy to discuss your concerns over your cancellation via the phone. We are sorry you are disappointed however our team is as transparent as possible with our contract policies. Yes, the contract that was signed does outline that if the wedding is cancelled the deposit is non refundable. As a company, we highly recommend wedding insurance is purchased to cover when unexpected circumstances occur. We did release you from any further payments and are doing our best as a business to assist you with the cancellation requested. We are here to help answer any questions for you or any client who may be reading this, please contact us at 817.842.1212. Thank you! -Aristide Management

Amanda · Married on 09/19/2015

0.4
      0.5

Awful. I wouldn't recommend this venue to anyone!!! While wedding planning, my mother was diagnosed with cancer which drastically affected our budget for the event. I ended up needing to cancel my event in order to help pay for her treatment. We gave Aristide OVER 10 MONTHS NOTICE of the cancellation, and they were able to book another event for that day. Still, they refuse to refund ANY funds paid towards the event.

When speaking with the staff, they were extremely insensitive and didn't consider the reason the event was cancelled in the first place. It was obviously not planned for my mother to get diagnosed with cancer, nor was it planned to cancel the event. They are very money hungry and don't have any TRUE customer service. It is very disappointing. I am a wedding planner in Dallas, and I tell all of my brides to stay away from Walters Wedding Estates properties. Terrible people.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Hi Amanda,

As we did on our phone conversations with you, we apologize for everything you have been through with your mom and her diagnosis. We absolutely are heartbroken to hear the news and we are completely understanding of your situation. We highly encourage wedding insurance for such unfortunate circumstances and you did decline this option. Over the last 10 years of being in business, we have had the unfortunate circumstances of several cancellations for a multitude of reasons. None of the situations are ever easy for us or the couples. As we did on our conversations with you, we apologize for everything you have been through with your mom and her diagnosis. We absolutely consider these reasons when events need to be cancelled. Since we did consider this, we relinquished you from thousands of dollars worth of contracted payments. You were very understanding and thankful of this over the phone. We are thinking about you and do hope that everything works out well with you and your family. We wish you the very best for your future! - Aristide Management