Ardy Cakes & Confections Reviews

Ardy Cakes & Confections 5
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 07/06/2019

Personal cake surprise

Ardy was amazing, her cake was as beautiful as it was delicious. Not to mention she was professional when I had changed my mind fairly last second and asked her to add some details. Would definitely buy again if I could!

Sent on 07/07/2019
    Ardy Cakes & Confections 6

Meredith · Married on 09/09/2018

Look no further...

Ardy was incredible to work with and provided two gorgeous wedding cakes for us. She really gets it. Right from the start she was enthusiastic and helpful, pinning down my exact rustic and natural style with a hint of something special. We had a bride cake and a groom cake, and let her take the creative reins on both. They turned out more gorgeous and more delicious than I expected. We ended up having less guests than originally planned, and she did not oversell me providing the perfect amount for our party (with a little bit left over for the next day's dessert). She even had some wonderful creative ideas and worked with my florist to develop the perfect vision and decor for the cakes. They were also incredibly delicious -- I planned a destination wedding without having visited Alaska before, so I was unable to schedule a tasting. She offered a cookies and cream bride cake and a dark chocolate cake topped with peanut butter cups and berries for the grooms cake. They were the best cakes I've ever tasted, and I don't say that lightly. I would highly recommend her work and would book her again in a heartbeat. Don't pass her up!

(Photos by Jamie Taylor Photography)

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Ardy Cakes & Confections 7
    Ardy Cakes & Confections 8
    Ardy Cakes & Confections 9

Beth · Married on 09/23/2017

Ardy is so wonderful to work with and she is a fabulous baker. Our cake was so beautiful and tasted amazing. We got compliments throughout the reception from the beginning on how gorgeous the cake looked to how delicious it tasted. She. Even made sure we had a box available for us to take the top for our first anniversary.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2017

SOOO TASTY and BEAUTIFUL!!
    she is incredibly talented. our GORGEOUS cake tasted as good as it looked! the dessert table was beautiful and oh so yummy!! Ardy is a pleasure to work with! the SWEETEST! SO happy we found her! CHECK OUT HER INSTAGRAM! her work is AWESOME!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Shauna · Married on 07/09/2016

I without a doubt recommend Ardy to anyone and everyone for their dessert needs! She made our wedding cake for our wedding this summer and we were beyond impressed and pleased. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and surpassed any idea or expectation we had! We chose the white champagne cake with raspberry filling and white champagne cake with blueberry filling for our flavors. We have never tasted cake so good! Seeing our cake for the first time coming out to our reception made me tear up - it was so amazing I didn't want to cut into it! There wasn't a piece of our cake left by the end of our day and it was a conversation piece for sure! Ardy was such a pleasure to work with. You can see just by talking with her, bouncing ideas off of one another and seeing her accomplished work - she really puts her time and flawless effort into making your dessert everything you wish for and more. We most definitely will be working with her in the near future and will recommend her to everyone!
    Ardy, we cannot thank you enough for making our day that much sweeter with our beautiful cake. It was truly a blessing that our schedules lined up and you were available to work with! We will be talking with you soon!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Brittany · Married on 06/10/2016

LOVED the dessert table Ardy put together for us. There were assortments of delicious desserts and she even did a small "naked" cake per our request. I would highly recommend her for anyone looking for cakes or desserts for an event. She was very accommodating in lending us some of her serving dishes as well. Thank you Ardy!!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Angela · Married on 06/02/2016

From our first meeting to the wedding day, Ardy was absolutely amazing to work with. I was initially impressed by the effort she put into cake testing - the presentation and taste was above and beyond expectations and competitors. She was also up to the task when I asked her to make not one main cake, but an additional 17 - yes 17! - centerpiece cakes for our wedding day. Her response when the number had grown that large? "A lot of people love you guys!"... I can't thank her enough and all she did to make our day everything we imagined. I must add that she also did a beautiful job in making our bridal suite cupcakes and welcome bag cookies. All this and I still felt she was reasonably priced. I don't know how she does it. I will be singing her praises to every bride-to-be I meet. You are wonderful Ardy!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Danielle · Married on 05/30/2016

I HIGHLY recommend Ardy Cakes for any celebration you may need a cake for. I used her for our engagement party and wedding reception and was blown away by both. Best red velvet cake I have ever tasted....and I have tasted many since it's my favorite flavor :) I have also seen beautiful cakes she has made for baby showers, retirement parties, gender reveal or whatever els you may need. You won't be disappointed , call Ardy now and order your cake!!!

Rebecca · Married on 05/21/2016

I would suggest Ardy to everyone. She is amazing, her cakes are beautiful and tasty. She is very creative and easy to work with. I have used her for cakes for all occasions and continue to be impressed with her work.

Rebecca · Married on 05/21/2016

I would suggest Ardy to everyone. She is very professional, easy to work with a creative. Her cakes are stunning and yummy. I have used Ardy for many different occasions and each time I have been amazed with the cake I have received.

Megan · Married on 04/08/2016

Ardy's cakes was found through a google search my maid of honor looked up. Ardy was the only one reasonable in price, and the only one who responded to my phone call within 6 hrs since most businesses are closed during the weekend and after 6pm.

Ardy made our wedding cake. She's open to most every idea. She'll voice her input on her knowledge of cakes but won't push it on you. She actually added some of her own detailing with our permission to spruce up our cake vision. She was very pleasant and fun to work with. She supplied her credentials and portfolio. She makes the cakes right from her own home, in confectionery ovens, refrigerator storage and transports them to the venue. She'll use her own cake dishes if you don't have any, she's got several, or the couples dishes if they'd like. She sent us pictures of her work in progress so we could see the cake being made and what step she was on. Everyone at our reception thought the cake was so delicious. My husband and I strongly recommend Ardy's Cakes for all occasions. We plan to use her in the future for other events.

Sent on 08/14/2016

Joanna · Married on 03/15/2016

Love their cake designs and their cake is also delicious!

Sent on 07/12/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/07/2014

It was a true pleasure working with Ardy on our delicious wedding cake. It was most important on our wedding day that taste over look was top priority. Ardy's professional baking talents produced not only an incredible tasting cake but absolutely beautiful design. We had a consult prior to the wedding to review ideas and suggestions and she followed them to perfection. Being from the Georgia I wanted to have a peach influence and my husband wanted to incorporate his home brew. Ardy created the bottom tier of sophisticated white champagne with peach mouse filling and the top tier was chocolate home brew stout with sea salt caramel. Once the first slice was cut the cake was devoured by guest. My only regret is that we didn't save some for the honeymoon!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Laura · event on 03/21/2014

Ardy made the most beautiful and delicious cake for my mother in law's Birthday! I gave her some fun details about my mom in law, favorite colors, hobbies etc...and she captured her spirit so beautifully! The avid Hawaii loving, orchid collecting grandma was presented with a lemon cake (her favorite) that was decorated with hand cut sugar orchids on a bed of bright yellow cream cheese frosting. The cake had serious wow factor and tasted so delicious!! Can't wait to hire Ardy to make a cake for our next big occasion.

Sent on 04/18/2014

Cakes & cupcakes were beautiful & delicious. The flexibility & willingness she had with our pickup was wonderful!

Sent on 04/19/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2013

The cake looked amazing and tasted great too! I was pleased with how it all turned out :)

Sent on 08/18/2013

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2013

Ardy was absolutely amazing!! She was so easy to work with, the cake was stunning,and more importantly it tasted delicious! Would recommend her to any future bride!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Serena · Married on 07/13/2013

Before Ardy, I met DOZENS of bakers in the Anchorage area researching for my wedding cake. I wanted someone with reasonable prices, who was dependable and who had a great personality. I found her! Ardy was so wonderful to meet, so easy to talk to and her price quote was right in line with what I could afford (weddings are expensive!) I ordered a white champagne with mango and peach filling 3 tier cake, each tier with very different looks, along with 100 cupcakes. My bottom tier had a Bible verse, the middle was a replica of my husband's parent's wedding cake, and my top cake had a ruffle/folded look. It looked and tasted AMAZING! We got compliments throughout the whole night! I would definitely recommend her to any and everyone!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Christina · Married on 05/26/2013

Ardy made my wedding cake and it turned out AMAZING!!! I had so many people tell me it was the prettiest cake they've ever seen!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Ardy is awesome! Very professional, easy to communicate with and does great work. Her cakes are also very delicious!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Caroline · Married on 06/23/2012

The cake was beautiful! Ardy came up with the idea of doing an ombre cake and the design exceeded my expectations. It was absolutely perfect!

And not only was the cake gorgeous, it also tasted delicious!!! Sometimes you see cakes that look beautiful but don't taste very good... That was definitely not the case here! Absolutely perfect in every way!!!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Shelly · Married on 06/16/2012

I began my search for a cake baker/decorator by looking at local websites, but decided to ask my caterer who she would suggest. I and was so glad I had asked! My daughter forwarded a few photos of her wedding theme to Ardy, explained the style and specific look of the cake she was hoping for, and Ardy did exactly what she wanted! The cake and cupcakes were so beautiful, fresh and tasted amazingly.
    She always responded quickly to our emails and her upbeat "anything is possible" attitude was a pleasure to work with. Thank you Ardy for your talents and professionalism. I will definitely be calling you again.

Sent on 06/30/2012

Kristin · Married on 05/27/2012

The cake Ardy created for our wedding was beautiful and delicious! She is so much fun to work with and takes the time to help you decide exactly what you want. Our family has ordered cookies and cupcakes from her a couple times before and we are always impressed with her talent. I would recommend Ardy to anyone looking for beautiful cakes/cookies/etc!!!

Sent on 07/01/2012

sabrina · Married on 12/31/2011

I am so delighted and satisfied with Ardy Cakes & Confections. Ardy worked with me on the design of the cake and made my dream wedding cake come true. Not only was it a beautiful cake, it was also delicious! Ardy was pleasant during the whole experience, and also kept me updated through out the whole process. I would go to Ardy Cakes & Confections for any occasion that I need a delicious & exquisite cake or confection.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Alyson · Married on 07/02/2011

Ardy has made two cakes for me and they were both amazing. They looked phenomenal and tasted out of this world.

Sent on 06/30/2012